Solar Duo

Orka

th_SolarCover.jpg

Introducing my first foray back into MOCing since my Hiatus, the Solar Duo.

Now, keep in mind, these two are fairly simple with an emphasis on simplicity and elegance. I'll leave the final judgement to you, the viewers.

http://i357.photobuc...1996/Solar2.jpg< Here we have the two of them, Kaantoe (left) and Matigeyed (right) >http://i357.photobuc...1996/Solar3.jpg

Now, for some storyline for these two, to give you some more background aside from their looks. (Oh no, plot in my Lego Bricks! D:).

Kaantoe, a Toa of plantlife, has been rendered mute after what can only be diagnosed as post-traumatic stress disorder, having been captured by a rogue sect of Makuta with a gift for torture. After having his Toa Tool welded to his hand as a cruel joke, he was experimented and tortured by the sadistic beings until Matigeyed, a young Toa of Light stumbled upon their base of operations with his team whilst on a recon mission. While the other seven of them assaulted the Makuta, Matigeyed, knowing that it would be a futile effort and that there'd be no way he or any of the others would surive if he stayed, Matigeyed turned left while the others went right at a fork in the hallway of the base. While nobody on Matigeyed's original team survived, he and Kaantoe managed to escape the base before the Makuta were finished disposing of the other Toa.

Matigeyed has a built in storage function for his Toa Tools, providing greater mobility in areas where combat isn't necessary.

The basis of their team name is referencing the fact that because Matigeyed is a Toa of Light, and Kaantoe is a Toa of Plantlife, the two of them naturally complement eachother, Matigeyed's light able to empower and strengthen Kaantoe's plants in battle, leading to the name "Solar Duo".

This effect is even more prominent in areas with abundance of water and humidity, and less so in dryer areas.

"Finishing move: Solar Axe Kick!"

Thanks for viewing, and even more so for commenting!

Edit: Image thumbnailed due to file size. Please keep all images in BBC around 100 kB.Click on the thumbnail to see the original image.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

JoeySignature2.png

I'll start off with Kaantoe. He has a fairly simple build, but he doesn't look generic in any way. I think you perfectly captured the idea of him being an experiment victim. The color scheme is all over the place, but again, that fits with the concept of the character.Matigeyed looks really cool. The build is still fairly simple, but the way you added flexibility to the Mata torso is awesome. The silver Miru Nuva looks great, too. The color scheme looks solid except for the blue pin/axles on the legs. If you have black ones, you should use those instead.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

I'll start off with Kaantoe. He has a fairly simple build, but he doesn't look generic in any way. I think you perfectly captured the idea of him being an experiment victim. The color scheme is all over the place, but again, that fits with the concept of the character.Matigeyed looks really cool. The build is still fairly simple, but the way you added flexibility to the Mata torso is awesome. The silver Miru Nuva looks great, too. The color scheme looks solid except for the blue pin/axles on the legs. If you have black ones, you should use those instead. :t: :b: :3:

I'm glad I managed to pull of the mutant look for Kaantoe, so at least I succeeded there xDAs for black pins, those are fairly old-school if I remember correctly, I'll see if I can find any of them. Thanks for the comment ^_^

JoeySignature2.png