Since there's a couple of other genre topics floating around, why not have Punk too?So yeah, discuss Punk and all its subgenres here, apart from pop punk, as it has a topic of its own.I've been getting more into Punk rock, with Ramones and Sex Pistols, and other classic punk stuff.Apart from the two above, my favourite Punk bands would be Refused and The (International) Noise Conspiracy, coincidentally both fronted by Dennis Lyxzen :PI also like some Horror Punk, mainly Misfits and Wednesday 13.So, what bands do you guys like?

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I was just about to make this, too.Anyway I like Refused, Minor Threat, OFF!, Fugazi, Black Flag, Atari Teenage Riot, Sonic Youth, The Clash, The Men, Trash Talk, Ice Age, The Fall, Nirvana, Slint, Mission of Burma, Wavves, Mudhoney, Husker Du, The Replacements, Dead Kennedys, Wire, Nation of Ulysses, Suicide, Meat Puppets, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Titus Andronicus, At The Drive-In, Magazine, Bikini Kill, The Raincoats, L7, Joy Division, Television, The Voidoids, Gang of Four, Redd Kross, Flipper, The Melvins, The D***ed, Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols, Big Black, D.O.A., Public Image Ltd., Television Personalities, Burning Brides, The Wipers, X, Death From Above 1979, The Velvet Underground, New York Dolls, MC5, and The Stooges. In no particular order.SO GUYSHOW ABOUT FIRST FOUR EPSGREAT ALBUM OR GREAT ALBUM

punk is pretty great, i'm a huge fan of Hardcore and post-hardcorei mostly like stuff from "The Wave", which is comprised of bands like Touche Amore, La Dispute, Defeater, and Pianos Become The Teeth.also Letlive. is an amazing post hardcore band, listen to them, especially if you like stuff like Glassjaw. I met their vocalist and got a signed vinyl copy of their latest (and also best) albumand no punk topic is complete with out mentioning one of the best hardcore bands, Terror. do any of you guys like them?

Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

I'm really not a fan of punk in general, but I make an exception for The Clash. The Velvet Underground was pretty good, too, but as I have a special kind of loathing for Lou Reed, I don't listen to them quite as often as The Clash.Other punk bands, regardless of how old they are, tend to get shelved entirely, as the genre as a whole really isn't my cup of tea.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The furthest I've gone with Punk is the Sex Pistols and The Clash. I RLY need to get more into it. Although some of my irl friends are Punks and they sometimes give me awesome suggestions.Rancid is pretty sweet too, which I'm still looking up ^.^

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

Bad Religion is easily one of my favorite bands. Although I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff.I also like Anti-Flag, The Offspring, Billy Talent, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

despite that he saw blatant similarity

he struggled to find distinctive moiety

all he found was vulgar superficiality

but he focused it to sharpness

and shared it with the others

it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

punk is pretty great, i'm a huge fan of Hardcore and post-hardcorei mostly like stuff from "The Wave", which is comprised of bands like Touche Amore, La Dispute, Defeater, and Pianos Become The Teeth.also Letlive. is an amazing post hardcore band, listen to them, especially if you like stuff like Glassjaw. I met their vocalist and got a signed vinyl copy of their latest (and also best) albumand no punk topic is complete with out mentioning one of the best hardcore bands, Terror. do any of you guys like them?

Overwhelming amounts of truth exist in this post. La Dispute's "Wildlife" was seriously one of the best albums of my life.-Teezy Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

And Idunnolol, I'm checking out Terror right now. So far, I'm loving what I'm hearing.

glad to hear it! Terror is probably the best in terms of no-frills modern hardcore

Overwhelming amounts of truth exist in this post. La Dispute's "Wildlife" was seriously one of the best albums of my life.-Teezy

i can't not agree with this post. i'm actually a bigger fan of the other three i posted, but Wildlife is amazing through and throughalso i am probably seeing Letlive. again with The Devil Wears Prada of all bands (i love tdwp to death but Letlive. is such an odd choice for support) Edited by Idunnolol
nhsYE.jpg

A most grievous oversight must be corrected - hence, this post.I tend to be very fond of the groups whose work led up to the establishment of punk. Artists like John Cale (of Velvet Underground fame), David Bowie, The Who, and Captain Beefheart are all favorites of mine.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 3 weeks later...