• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Set Review: 9444 Cole's Tread Assault

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,510 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 01:44 AM

Posted ImageWhile we're taking a break from the constraction reviews we thought we'd take a look at another Ninjago set. Today it's Cole's Tread Assault being examined by Emzee. Read on to see what he had to say about this ninja monstertruck thing. View The Full Article

#2 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 15-November 05
  • 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 01:49 PM

Oh dear.I may get this one when on sale, but it looks so awesome~

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

#3 Offline Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 10-January 09
  • 2,342 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 03:42 PM

That's what always bothered me about the Ninja! It had been lurking in the back of my mind --- the Earth Ninja shares his name with Chancellor Cole from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks!Anyway, inevitable shared name business aside, this looks like a fairly standard set. Certainly it has an interesting design, but that's about it.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

-- Harlan Ellison

A "Sahmad's Tales" Halloween special:

JUNGLE BY NIGHT, starring Sahmad

Short Stories:
DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal and Makuta Teridax
AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt
THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#4 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 04:45 PM

This set looks bulky in a good. The gold wheels look great. I imagine the set has a lot of gold pieces. :pahrak:

#5 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-September 08
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 01:40 AM

It looks cool, and I'm glad it has unique minifigs. Not sure if I'm going to get it, though.By the way, did anyone else think, "Lego is making inFamous sets..." when they read "Cole"?

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 09:09 AM

It looks cool, and I'm glad it has unique minifigs. Not sure if I'm going to get it, though.By the way, did anyone else think, "Lego is making inFamous sets..." when they read "Cole"?

The minifigs in this set aren't really unique. Skales comes in the Destiny's Bounty, and Cole ZX has a spinner in this year's starter set.Nonetheless, this is a nice looking set. Based on how it's built, I imagine the transforming function works a great deal better than that of Kai's Blade Cycle. I personally love the dark brown details, although like the reviewer I wish the lime "snake" details were at least better hidden when the set is right-side up.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 10:21 AM

The set's minifigs do look awesome and I just discovered they brought back a piece the launcher that is on it has not been used for a while.

#8 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2012 - 03:34 PM

The set's minifigs do look awesome and I just discovered they brought back a piece the launcher that is on it has not been used for a while.

What do you mean? That's been used all over the place! Last year it was on Nuckal's ATV and Battle for Geonosis, the year before it was in a couple of Atlantis, Space Police, and World Racers sets. They've never stopped using it.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

#9 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,082 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 01:16 PM

Reminds me of Batman... Ah well, nice review. Thanks!

#10 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2012 - 01:43 PM

Reminds me of Batman... Ah well, nice review. Thanks!

I just realized that too. if you changed some of the gold pieces in to yellow pieces and modified it little it would look like the bat mobile.

#11 Offline T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ

T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 25-November 09
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 03:41 AM

What do you mean? That's been used all over the place! Last year it was on Nuckal's ATV and Battle for Geonosis, the year before it was in a couple of Atlantis, Space Police, and World Racers sets. They've never stopped using it.

i think he was talking about the missile itself, the round-rubber one

so...this is...my sig...
i'll put some stuff here soon...
don't really know why i'm typing this...
i'm so pathetic...
it's bulk 3.0 time!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf
props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

#12 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yup the missile is what I am talking about..

#13 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yup the missile is what I am talking about..

But this set uses the same newer missile. The old round one wouldn't even fit where it's placed in this set. So I still don't understand what you're talking about.

#14 Offline Gelu=Awesomness!

Gelu=Awesomness!
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 08-February 11
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hunh.It looks pretty neat.If Batman was a ninja then I'm fairly certain this would be his Batmobile.

But if anyone were present who could hear the thoughts of the great spirit as they echo within the mask, they would hear one thing repeated over and over again: "I will return."

I LOST THE GAME

AND NOW YOU DID.

#15 Offline Ringoster

Ringoster
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 01-February 11
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 15 2012 - 05:57 PM

I got it for Christmas last year, and i think it's pretty awesome! I love the armor pop-up function, and it looks sweet. The cockpit can lock in place on either side of the vehicle (on mine, anyway), just push it back a bit.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users