The Friends System

Paleo

How do you use the "Friends" system on BZPower? Do you just "befriend" any ol' member, or limit the list to people you actually talk to?Edit: I should probably say how I use it.When I first started out on the site, I "befriended" a member I didn't really know, but then started to consider it to be for people you talk to. When people put me down as a friend, I would send them a message, asking them why the wanted to be my friend, attempting to do it in a non-confrontational way.This didn't always work (sorry christo1096).I've now stopped doing that, and just allow anyone to "befriend" me.

Edited by Paleo

Anyone who makes a request gets on my list. I can't really turn them down without feeling at least a little bad about it, even if the majority are members I have never heard of.I don't use it to access profiles or send PMs, though. It's never really added any useful features for me.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Sumiki has described precisely what I do. I don't think I've ever sent out a request, although I understand that it can be rather helpful when coordinating a PM conversation with multiple people or simply setting up a "mail list" for members with whom one commonly communicates.So, the short answer to the question (i.e., "How do you use the 'Friends' system on BZPower?") would be a simple "I don't."~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

When I was a newbie to the site I randomly added a bunch of people, including several staff members. Then I became not such a noob and didn't send them out randomly. Nowadays if I'm pming a member a lot or chatting with them outside of BZP or doing any sort of project with them I add them to my friends list, and awhile back I added a bunch of members that have been long time followers of my stuff or have played a lot of the games that I do (and have been fun to play those games with).So I use it. It's been awhile since I sent out a request though.-ibrow

Anyone who makes a request gets on my list. I can't really turn them down without feeling at least a little bad about it, even if the majority are members I have never heard of.I don't use it to access profiles or send PMs, though. It's never really added any useful features for me.

Same here.However, on occasion I will send a request to someone I know outside of BZPower.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I thought this was a topic about LEGO Friends. :PIn the past, I would add any member that added me and add anybody for any reason. Logically, my list eventually became extremely cluttered and I gave up cleaning it up after one or two pages. Thus I was extremely glad when I saw the new board software had the nifty feature not to show the friends list on the profile and after little though disabled it. Now I add anybody who joins the staff, people I have had an enjoyable conversation with or people who have got my special recognition for something they did or do (in one particular case, for having a critical mind and for being able to have an intelligent discussion). People can´t see my list so they don´t think I added them randomly and not for a good reason, something I would like to avoid. ;)~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I have a much simpler solution -- I just consider everybody on BZPower my friend, so nobody needs to be excluded from some hasslesome list. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I usually just add the members I converse with, even if it's just a small, funny exchange on a blog or wherever. :lol:

That's basically what I do, too. Some friends I got and had no idea who the heck they were (as I take any friend request), most I just had a conversation with in a topic and now they're on my list, others I frequently converse with.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

I haven't really added anyone yet, but when someone adds me it's a nice surprise.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

In the past I had a habit of approving everyone, mostly 'cuz I always felt a little bad to not include someone who sent a request. Buuut, nowadays I try to keep it more towards my friends -- like, people I know and converse with -- versus someone I have no clue about. Though, it's generally pretty easy to get on my list, because it's pretty easy to become my friend... well, kinda-sorta as I can be pretty shy.Anyway, do I use it? Not really, no. I mean, I like having names in it just so that part of my profile doesn't seem so desolate, but I never had much more use for the thing besides for... maybe trying to find someone who I knew I'm friends with, but just can't recall the name. (kinda like when that whole TOT Phenomenon hits).That's about how riveting my friend-list usage is.

Aw, I had this nice long reply all ready to post and my browser twitched.Probably for the best. I'll just mash it into one little paragraph.I still use it. I'll accept friend requests from anyone, (though I may ask them about it) but I'll only add members I've known for a while IRL or online, have talked with enough that I feel comfortable engaging in casual conversation with, or are just generally pretty cool. Like Bonesiii.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Except when it was first implemented, I haven't used it. But back then, I went right ahead and added everybody I talked to even a little.After that, I got a lot of requests from people I hadn't even seen post before. I felt bad, but why want to be on my friends list if I didn't know you before? I'd probably not care anymore, but, well, haven't gotten a single request since the forums came back up, so who knows? :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I accept most friend requests, and talk to a lot of members on here. Its a great way to network and meet new people.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Pretty much everyone on my friends list is either: 1) a good friend; 2) used to be a good friend; or 3) someone I look up to. I don't really accept friend requests from people out of those three categories. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

My friends list hasn't been updated in ages, it's mainly people who I pmed often, and seeing as I don't pm people that much anymore, I haven't added anyone new to it particularly. Only one of them has actually been active in the past year as well, so I'm not really finding it of much use.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

If they had an "enemies" system, I'll bet I'd be #1 for a lot of members.I think I had GregF as a friend while he was still around...

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

If they had an "enemies" system, I'll bet I'd be #1 for a lot of members.I think I had GregF as a friend while he was still around...

You did and still do. I'm guessing that it was a way of having his profile immediately on-hand to PM him?~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."