Lego Universe Final Week Printscreening Slideshow

bonesiii

lubanner.png

Welcome LEGO Universe fans! There was so much brilliance in LEGO's first MMOG, sadly lost now that it has been taken offline, but in the final week, I made this printscreening slideshow, starting from the creation of a new character to the moment it was taken offline. It's similar to video projects others have done, except with stills, so you can view at your own pace, make quality cropped versions of interesting parts, etc.To produce it quickly I used file names as captions, often humorous or explanatory, and I turned it into a zipped folder with all the images to download. It's designed to be viewed with Windows Preview so you can read the 'captions' in the title bar.I ended up with over 2,000 screenshots, many of them from near the start taken with the Mythran-gift jetpack for views normally impossible.Since the full PNG-format folder is so massive, I also made a short version with half that number, and finally JPG versions of both long and short, so you choose which type to download based on your system's limitations. :) The JPGs are decent quality, so unless you want to zoom in for detail I'd go with that. (Yay for free mass image converters. :happydance:)The long version contains all kinds of extra mission screens, extra geography details, special items, Mythran giveaways, etc. while the short version focuses purely on in-game geography and basic story.Enjoy!LONG Version JPG (Recommended), 2021 images, 176 MBSHORT Version JPG, 1002 images, 86 MBLONG Version PNG, 2021 images, 1.66 GBSHORT Version PNG, 1002 images, 877 MB(The download links on those pages are right under the big green square.)Many thanks and all credit to LEGO for creating LEGO Universe, and as I said in the intro pic, if they ever bring it back, I highly, highly recommend at least buying a month's membership!Thanks to Hahli Husky for permission for this to be its own topic instead of going in the official topic. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I personally never played it, but it seemed like it would've been fun. I think lego is loosing a lot of money recently because of some of their online endevours, but still it's sad to see it go

Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

I personally never played it, but it seemed like it would've been fun. I think lego is loosing a lot of money recently because of some of their online endevours, but still it's sad to see it go

So sad so sad. Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0

Wow! That is one extensive slideshow! I can't imagine the amount of work that went into taking all those screenshots, sorting through them all and writing all those captions.I didn't go through it all very thoroughly, but you got a lot of great pics there, and some of captions just cracked me up!I also find it kind of funny, that I actually saw your SenseiWhoohoo character on that last day. I remember it cause I remember having a good laugh at the name.I also wish I'd gotten the chance to try one of those jetpacks, but alas I wasn't around for many of the giveaways. Looks like it really made it easier to get around. It would have been especially interesting exploring all those inaccessible areas such as "the Shelf" - a very interesting find btw!

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

• 1 month later...

I was one of the beta testers.I preordered it....Didn't even play for the entire month of free time.Kind of a ripoff. I at least have this minifig though.Sort of miss it, i never really got to play it that much. Computer problems, mostly.Cool slides though.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.