• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

General Art Contest #18: Lego Battlescapes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#41 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,244 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2012 - 02:37 PM

Woah. This really snuck up on me. Let's see if I can do something in time :/

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#42 Offline Mushy the Mushroom

Mushy the Mushroom
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2012 - 09:27 PM

Entry title: Pirates of The CaribbeanMember name: Mushy the MushroomPosted Image Posted Image Art medium: Hand drawnArtist comments: A battle between Will Turner and Hector Barbossa.

trippletroublelolnottrue.png

:spinsmile:  :spinsmile:  :spinsmile:  :spinsmile:  :spinsmile: 

FEAR THE WHITE TEXT! BECAUSE IT'S HORRIFYING!

#43 Offline Onewa7

Onewa7
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 803 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 12:25 AM

Entry title: Battle in MangaiaMember name: Onewa7Posted ImageThumbnailArt medium: Hand drawn, and colored with pencils and pastelArtist comments: How I picture the battle against the Toa and Makuta in 2001. I added Takua for fun.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

#44 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,093 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 10:18 AM

Entry title: Swarm of the CenturyMember name: Aanchir: Rachira of TimeClick for fullsize:Posted ImageThumbnailArt medium: Hand-drawn (graphite, colored pencil), with minor digital color correction.Other links: TopicArtist comments: The Mane Six Toa Mata fighting the Parasprites Bohrok. Oh, also everyone is ponies.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#45 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,939 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted May 04 2012 - 01:28 PM

Question, yall: Did BZP being offline for a week make anybody need me to extend this another week? (I would rather think if anything it would give people more time to work on entries, but just feel I should check; after all the rules weren't visible during that time.) I'm not opposed to one more week if people want that.

#46 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,093 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 01:59 PM

Question, yall: Did BZP being offline for a week make anybody need me to extend this another week? (I would rather think if anything it would give people more time to work on entries, but just feel I should check; after all the rules weren't visible during that time.) I'm not opposed to one more week if people want that.

Well, I'd definitely like there to be more than five entries, but on the other hand I'm not sure how many more we could expect with an extension.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#47 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,057 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 02:12 PM

The small downtime itself didn't delay me directly, but I have had testing all week and thus been unable to work on my entry. I would prefer another week.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#48 Offline I AM MELON LORD!

I AM MELON LORD!
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,357 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2012 - 09:06 AM

Well, due to scratching my screen a bit, I'm waiting on a screen protector and then I could work on digital entries again (I don't trust my stylus anymore XD). Though, I could do traditional stuffs. I have a few sketches and ideas still in my head. I'd love to get the two entries done.I'm not opposed to another week, and I really hope there will be more entries.

#49 Offline Levico

Levico
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 87 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2012 - 01:35 PM

Grateful for the extension, I think I'll try my hand at this!~Lev

#50 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 11:55 AM

I thought I could get another entry done but I had to do a bunch of color comps for class so I was unable to.

#51 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,057 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 12:03 PM

So will there be an extension bonseiii? If not I don't think I can get my entry done.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#52 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,939 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted May 06 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes, I'll extend it one more week. No more than that though.This puts the (final) closing time at 11:59 PM Tuesday May 15. :)

#53 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,057 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yes, I'll extend it one more week. No more than that though.This puts the (final) closing time at 11:59 PM Tuesday May 15. :)

:bowdown:All I have left to do is digitally combine two scetches and get it colored.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#54 Offline I AM MELON LORD!

I AM MELON LORD!
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,357 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 01:30 PM

Good. Looks like I'll be able to whip up another entry (hopefully two entries) by the deadline. I hope to see more entries. The plot thickens!

#55 Offline Levico

Levico
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 87 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 03:17 PM

Just to make sure, we are supposed to post multiple entries separate, correct? So if I decide to add another entry like two days from now, I would not edit my first but make a new post.~Lev

#56 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,939 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted May 06 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yes, please use new posts. The rule probably isn't necessary re: the points others made in here but it does keep things organized so yeah. I won't treat it as an absolute rule though; especially if someone wants to add a second or third in the last few hours of the entry period; the software would automerge in that case.

#57 Offline Levico

Levico
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 87 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2012 - 10:00 PM

Alrighty then, thanks!Here is one of hopefully two.Entry title: Let's Do ThisMember name: LevicoPosted Imagehttp://www.brickshel...pg_thumb.jpgArt medium: Digital, done in a program called GIMP. Done on a laptop.Other links: N/AArtist comments: A hybrid of two of my characters gearing up for a fight against a Rahkshi, maybe?~LevEDIT- Grr, Brickshelf is not being very nice to my thumb pic at the moment. Working on it.EDIT 2- Got it.

Edited by Levico, May 06 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#58 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 507 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2012 - 07:27 PM

Entry Title: Battle in the Lightning TempleMember Name: Spinjitzu MasterPosted ImageThumbnail: http://www.brickshel...thold__kyle.jpgArt Medium: Hand drawn using pencil, colored pencils, and pen.Other Links: N/AArtist Comments: Kairu: Master of Spinjitzu, is battling the leader of the Nightslicers, Dei-Kinjji, for the possesion of the Scythe of Quakes.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#59 Offline Kevinhink

Kevinhink
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Driver of the Brick Bus

• 16 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 07 2012 - 08:31 PM

Entry title: LEGO® Wild West vs. Classic SpaceMember name: KevinhinkPosted Imagehttp://www.flickr.co...ink/7155025332/Art medium: Traditional hand drawn illustration, colors and effects added with Photoshop CSArtist comments: Based on a feud at the office. It just so happens that my boss thinks classic space is the preferred theme of choice. I, on the other hand, recognize Wild West as the truly superior line.

Edited by Kevinhink, May 08 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#60 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2012 - 08:52 PM

Entry title: LEGO® Wild West vs. Classic SpaceMember name: Kevinhinkhttp://www.flickr.co...ink/7155025332/Art medium: Traditional hand drawn illustration, colors and effects added with Photoshop CSArtist comments: Based on a feud at the office. It just so happens that my boss thinks classic space is the preferred theme of choice. I, on the other hand, recognize Wild West as the truly superior line.(My apologies, but I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out how to upload the photo directly to this post and have failed. If anyone wants to teach me the secret password I would be most appreciative!)

To display the image directly in the post, use the "add image" button in the post, then copy and paste the web adress of the picture into the box.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, May 07 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#61 Offline Funcle K.

Funcle K.
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,233 posts

Posted May 07 2012 - 09:04 PM

...I guess I have time... It's like a compulsion, yet I have no idea what I want to do. Are non-aggressive confrontations fine too? Eh, I'll cave and draw a fight I guess.

Edited by Uncle K., May 07 2012 - 09:05 PM.

SignatureFullname2_zpsc17d42ac.jpg

#62 Offline Kevinhink

Kevinhink
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Driver of the Brick Bus

• 16 posts

Posted May 08 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thanks Toa of Smooth Jazz, don't know why that wasn't working for me last night. If you're as good at jazz as you are at tech support you truly are a legend and worthy of toa status. :)

#63 Offline 55555

• BioniLUG Member
  • Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,019 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 09 2012 - 04:31 PM

Entry title: Keeper Of The KeyMember name: 55555Posted ImageThumbnailArt medium: Computer ArtOther links: TopicArtist comments: The Atlantean Shark Guardian pursues one of the intrepid seekers of the lost realm. Maybe he just wants to play.- 55555

#64 Offline Levico

Levico
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 87 posts
  •  

Posted May 09 2012 - 10:34 PM

Would beings from other universes be allowed if teamed up/fighting with LEGO? (i.e. Tahu & Link fighting Rahi, or something along those lines)The pretense would have something to do with the Mask of Dimensional Portals, just to give a believable explanation ;)~Lev

#65 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,939 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted May 09 2012 - 11:29 PM

Would beings from other universes be allowed if teamed up/fighting with LEGO? (i.e. Tahu & Link fighting Rahi, or something along those lines)The pretense would have something to do with the Mask of Dimensional Portals, just to give a believable explanation ;)~Lev

Nothing in the rules specifically forbids it so it should be okay. Personally I'd recommend LEGO-ifying Link if you do, but in general, as long as the image is clearly LEGO-based, it should work. :)

#66 Offline Levico

Levico
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 87 posts
  •  

Posted May 10 2012 - 08:38 AM

Would beings from other universes be allowed if teamed up/fighting with LEGO? (i.e. Tahu & Link fighting Rahi, or something along those lines) The pretense would have something to do with the Mask of Dimensional Portals, just to give a believable explanation ;) ~Lev

Nothing in the rules specifically forbids it so it should be okay. Personally I'd recommend LEGO-ifying Link if you do, but in general, as long as the image is clearly LEGO-based, it should work. :)

Thanks. I wasn't planning on Link, that scenario was just an example.~Lev

#67 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,057 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2012 - 10:49 AM

Entry title: Not the Fish She Wants to SeeMember name: Bulik Posted ImageArt medium: Hand drawn then colored digitally.Extra link of image just in caseThumbnailArtist comments: It may not look like a battle to some, but the takea shark is sneaking behind hahli as she does her chore, just about to attack.

imx_327053664.png

ryo786.png

#68 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2012 - 06:22 PM

First entry is at Post #24. This is my second entry.Entry title: PersonaMember name: CrunchbiteNuvaPosted Imagehttp://www.majhost.c...nathumbnail.jpgArt medium: Hand-drawn; ink and pastelsTopic: http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=4781Artist comments: This is an illustration of what if Vezok was able to sic the Staff of Fusion on him and Vezon. The normal Vezok is in the middle while it's a battle of the personalities between Vezok, who wants to fuse back and Vezon who of course does not.

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva, May 12 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#69 Offline I AM MELON LORD!

I AM MELON LORD!
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,357 posts
  •  

Posted May 13 2012 - 07:03 PM

Okay... Two days left... Need to color and shade and all... I may not get both of them done, but I'll try. Life got kinda busy this past week, so I haven't had much time to draw. I hope to at least get one of them finished by the deadline!

#70 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members

• 711 posts
  •  

Posted May 15 2012 - 09:33 PM

about a hour and half left til ending, Let's try to see some last minute entries! Good luck to everyone! :)

#71 Offline 55555

• BioniLUG Member
  • Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,019 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 15 2012 - 10:59 PM

Entry title: Mirrors & MirrorsMember name: 55555Entry, a bit large to direct linkArt medium: Computer/Traditional ArtOther links: NoneArtist comments: Based on the scene from the Ninjago TV show where the Ninjas fight skeleton shadows with their shadows. In this each mirror is basically it's own battle, and the Ninjas must keep track of all of them to destroy the Skulkin.- 55555

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users