Never heard of it. ^_^

Then you OBVIOUSLY don't use the internet enough. :PI'm cooking up something for tilted and I think it'll make me draw more and entertain you guys more. Cause then I'll make more expressions. These seem too dead pan. Edited by Calvirick

That's what I mean!! :POkay better update. Tilted comics'll be stylized in a different way. Partially because it'll apply more to the traditional way comic making, but like I said, there will be more drawings than copy and pasting. (unless necessary).Right now I'm trying to experiment with some concepts. And with Spring Break coming that'll work out great. But guess what?! I'm going out of town, so no work'll be done. HAH! (wow that was mean).So sorry that I'm leaving you guys. But the comics I think will come back better than ever. I'm not saying I'll do some work BEFORE spring break. So heads up.

Edited by Calvirick

Aw, please don't have the adorable style taken!But... can we have previews of the new styles?

Ditto with Absorba. Just please don't get rid of the expressions. They are the most insane faces I have ever seen on a cartoon. :lol:

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

Aw, please don't have the adorable style taken!But... can we have previews of the new styles?

Ditto with Absorba. Just please don't get rid of the expressions. They are the most insane faces I have ever seen on a cartoon. :lol:
The whole style of it all isn't going away. I don't have a preview right now, Ab.I was just planning on drawing the backgrounds myself. I guess I should've mentioned that. :PI mean, I will have SOME moments of serious detailing, but the characters themselves will be drawn like they are now.

• 7 months later...

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN READING TILTED(I really hope the rules haven't changed regarding revival)But anyway...What's up chaps. How's life. Cause I feel like mine was infested with a post-apocalyptic disease called "Productivity".Although, I would much rather pour most of my focus into IRL stuff, Poco has never left my mind. What I've learned is that, comics don't get posted because of bad skills in time management. But working with three jobs and doing school, that's changed. And I think I finally found an open season for more comic making. - Here's the other encouraging thing.BZPower in opinion has been the birth place for all my hobbies and interest. I really can honestly say that I would not have been so into photoshop, graphic design, stories, humor, and advertisement, if it wasn't for this Bionicle Forum. SO!- Here's what I've been meditating on for the last couple of months. In order for me to enjoy life, and not have anymore of those guilty feelings of abandoning you guys, I'm going to apply everything I'm studying in school HERE! This means, graphic design and advertisement. Which I think I've been doing every time, I've written Titled strips. - So what's gonna happen to Tilted NOW?Tilted, to me has turned from "a people pleaser", to "a way for me to make artwork." Writing is a form of art. Making a message with humor is a form of art. Developing characters and plots is also a form of art. And where the heck am I posting all of this stuff? In ARTWORK III remember? I think, we can all agree that if you enjoy something and know you're good at it, it's a gift. Something that you never realized you had. And as a side note: sometimes I think you guys copy me. HAHAH XDSo back to where I was going, Tilted is a form of art. So this means, I will treat it like art. And over the past months, I've looked at the comics that people liked the most and what I thought worked well with the theme I was going for. And what I concluded was that Tilted has always been a way for me to express something that i had thought of. (i think too deeply on certain things LOL) I think things different than most people. And most of the time, (and some of you could probably catch this) i would implement my feelings and thoughts into the comic. I would put some of my own thoughts into the comic, because the more i drew it, the more i explored it. And this is a honest statement: this is how Poco and Calvirick's characters were made. Ever since I put them together, they've gone through so many trials and explored so many strange things. And one day, with all of this in mind, I thought to myself, "They're almost like philosophers. They study stuff that people usually don't think about." So when I had this epiphany, I realized, "Holy Cow! I could make SOOOOO many strips with that!" Its like Tilted for 5 years was trying to find a settling spot while it just floated in the air. Until FINALLY at this point in time it landed softly and elegantly. So here we are. After this long flight of doubt we landed.- So what now?Practically speaking, with my three jobs and three college classes, I wouldn’t say that my comics would be posted very frequently. I completely understand that THAT’s pretty frustrating cause we all, me included, hate waiting for good stuff. But you have to understand. The good quality work does take time. And I want to give you guys good stuff. I don’t want to give you guys crud, that’s stupid.What I plan to do is do most of my comics whenever I have to do Typography homework and also do it at my tutoring work, cause it’s the only laid-back job I have that’ll allow me to do that. So technically I’ll be paid for making comics!! :happydance: - What about the chibis? Their too cute to die, Cal!! D:I still want to draw with the chibi style. It’s my favorite and it allows me to draw more and build more personality for the characters. Especially Poco.- Can you start writing comics now? Like seriously? That’s another thing I want to touch on. Right now I haven’t started them yet. I’ve only written down the theme and a list of a few comic ideas. I just need to set the stage and get some more concepts up, but it is definitely in the making . Just remember guys, that when it does start, the pace will probably still be slow. So don’t get too too excited.Here’s a BIG NOTICE! I’m still deciding whether or not PGSs or GSs are a good idea. I’ve always been iffy about that. Here’s why: it makes the comics lose its originality. Other readers, new or older see PGSs and GSs everywhere. We probably see MORE characters interacting with cameos instead of other fellow characters. Plus, it’s a hassle for me to have that, because then I have to make a comic about the cameo as soon as possible. Which delays me from sticking with a flow. (which is kind of hard to explain in words but I think you all can get the picture). I have no problem with you guys appearing in my comics. But I think I might do that on my own. Like for example, just cameo a random BZP comic member to fill in a spot if needed. But that’s still just a thought of mine.*deep breath* whoof…okay. There you go. If you have any other questions, just PM me. If you want to write in the topic, just be sure it’s related TO the topic. You all know the rules.-Calvirick (the only update i have provided that's VISUAL is my banner.)

Yep. I can completely relate and understand. I just wish my own artwork was somehow related to my schoolwork. XDGood luck with your three jobs and college!See you when you post another update :)

Thanks for the hopeful comments chaps. I'll give all an update. How's that?So as of tonight, I've finished writing for comic 2 and 3. And I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing if I'm laughing at my own writing....And I keep catching myself reading it out loud and actually doing the voices and yelling the yelling parts. XD

Aww, poking the screen is adorable. ^_^

So today, I finished the concept for what the background size'll be, and how the characters body structure should look.Now for fonts.Here I have five new font styles that I thought were kind of cool, but I want some input.Font tests:1.2.3.4.5.And Here's the Original font style.My opinion: I think I like number one the best, but its something new, and different yet it fits the style a little more.

Edited by Calvirick

Either original or 5 are the best, style-wise. I always liked the original font anyway, because I thought it fit the style really well.I also like the slight changes to the limb/body style. Looks good! :)And I can't get over how you come up with these quotes. XD

Edited by Dragonfly the Luminescent