Sad Chibi Takanuva

Taka Nuvia

sad_chibi_nuva_eyelooker.jpg

(as always, click the pic above to view the image in its full size and glory)

Another piece of art by me? Why do I even bother?Because I want to do it.Takanuva is sad. Poor little guy. :( Someone give him a hug...Comments/Criticism appreciated, as always.

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Awww....so sad. He just wants to play kohli with Makuta and drive away all the darkness from the Island.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Another instant classic from Taka Nuvia. :PYou really nailed the expression with this one. Both face, and body language.One thing I really loved was the shadow. It's kinda subtle, but the extra work you put in to include the shadow of the staff really does add to the piece.However, the third ridge on the Avohkii looks to be a little too far to the right. (Taka's left).Other than that, great piece. I'm so glad you're still making art here. :D

jlovfkk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Awww *hugs*I wuv him. :wub:His face is so adorable. His little pigeon-toed feet only add to his adorableness. ^_^ His mask does, however, look a little like Mata Nui's Toa form. I suppose it's hard to draw a distinct difference between the two masks if they're "cartoonized," though.

Edited by Dragonfly the Luminescent

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Awww... poor guy. Great quality as usual, and also as per usual, you've outdone yourself!Wait. Since he's all sad and stuff -does this mean Teridax is all sunshine and happiness now?

Thanks... and that made me laugh. xD Probably he is, yes.

Artist draw because they want to. I like how you've improved on proportion. And like any other time, great job on the pencil color. Your probably better on paper than I am with Bionicles.

Yup. ^^Weeell, it's kind of ironic that you comment on the proportions when it's a Chibi drawing... but thanks nonetheless. ^^It's just practise. ;)

Awww....so sad. He just wants to play kohli with Makuta and drive away all the darkness from the Island.

M-hm... but apparently, makuta is currnetly not at home.

Another instant classic from Taka Nuvia. :PYou really nailed the expression with this one. Both face, and body language.One thing I really loved was the shadow. It's kinda subtle, but the extra work you put in to include the shadow of the staff really does add to the piece.However, the third ridge on the Avohkii looks to be a little too far to the right. (Taka's left).Other than that, great piece. I'm so glad you're still making art here. :biggrin:

Haha :DMy scanner didn't pick up the gray well, and in the after-editing process, it all turned a bit subtler than originally intended. Therefore, slight shadow. ^^It's weird, the Avohkii is the mask I draw the most, yet I never manage to get the ridges/fins right. Especially those on the far side; they always end up anywhere. But thanks for pointing it out. :3Aaand thanks again. ^^

Awww *hugs*I wuv him. :wub:His face is so adorable. His little pigeon-toed feet only add to his adorableness. ^_^ His mask does, however, look a little like Mata Nui's Toa form. I suppose it's hard to draw a distinct difference between the two masks if they're "cartoonized," though.

Because it's yellow? To be honest, I don't really see the resemblance here, but that might just be me. ^^But thanks a lot. ^^

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: I don't like this one as much as your Jaller drawing, but I can't really put my finger on it. I don't think it's the proportions, because this is after all a chibi. It might be the eyes, since I've never seen nor imagine Bionicle as having non-glowing eyes before, but I guess that would be a personal preference thing and not something I could critique on an artisitic level. However, on that level, there is something off with the color scheme, but I think it's generally known that yellow's the hardest color to really draw well using color pencils. It can get pretty frustrating, and I don't know how I'd advise you to get that truly golden feel short of using a different medium altogether.By the way, he reminds me of Bumblebee.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

It's possible that the eyes seem a bit odd, seeing as I always prefer to draw somewhat human eyes. :shrugs:Yellow/gold is, as you said, incredibly hard to pull off with coloured pencil, and it's sad that it didn't work as well here... but thanks for pointing it out, I'll just keep on practising, then. ^_^By the way, haha xDthanks for the critique!

The ultimate torture device. That's what this is. All you need to do is strap someone to a chair and hang this image in front of their face and tell them there is nothing in the world that can be done to make him less sad. Even the strongest will could be broken within minutes.On a more serious note, it's great overall and the faint shadow he casts on the ground seals the deal.On a less serious note once again...I keep trying to hug him, but my computer monitor keeps getting in the way. Must. Find. Way. To. Hug. MUST!

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.