Topic for Battlefield, the nearly ten year-old series of combined arms shooter games from the Swedish developer DICE.Now to lay out a few rules: - I'm against Call of Duty just as much as the next Battlefield fanboy, but I don't want anything regarding the silly debate on which is better here. None. At all. - On a similar note, no console warring here either. Though when it comes to Battlefield, I can't stress enough how much you're missing out on by not playing on PC (nondisputable).- If you're just going to say negative things about what you heard of or experienced during the beta, we don't wan to hear it. Bye.NOW I'M DONE.I've played every Battlefield game released on PC, and I loved the beta they released a couple weeks ago (despite its flaws). The Caspian Border Map was especially nice.Now discuss.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I'm not one for sniping, but the spawn beacon is great.And the way you parachute over it in Conquest is amazing. I had a thought months back that they should include an item like beacon from 2142, but with parachutes... AND THEY DID IT. I was so excited when I found that out. :3Also I do hope that they release some other weapons with future expansions after Back to Karkand. *crossing fingers for MG4 or HK21E*

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I've got over 800 hours logged on Battlefield 2, and it's the only one I actually play regularly, although I do intend to get 2142 at some point. Battlefield 3 doesn't look that great. My PC can't run it, but I tried the beta on my friend's Xbox and didn't really enjoy it that much.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

You sure like your H&K Guns Kothra....Anyways, Battlefield 3 looked great, but did not feel very Battlefield like. Then again, Operation Métro was a terrible map. I needed my vehicles and large spaces.I still like Battlefield 2142 the best. Battlefield 2 is a close second. If they make a Battlefield 3 expansion for 2142, I would buy Battlefield 3 in a heartbeat.

Battlefield 2142 is the best gameplay experience out of all the games (ignoring the fact that the Voss rifle is overpowered). I didn't think Métro was that bad of a map, but Caspian Border was definitely far better. That and the beta had problems (such as the overpowered PDWs) that have been/will be fixed. Try playing the final game before making any decisions on whether it's good or not.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I wanna play 2142 more than anything. :P I was gonna get BF3, but the beta on Xbox sucked.

Supposedly, the actual Beta was bugged and they released an Alpha. Still, I enjoyed how real it felt, even with everything toned down. Love the IRNV x1 scope...do they have a increased scope for the snipers? As for 2142...Did you know they released Strike at Karkand 2142 and Molokai in the last patch? I think they're pretty sweet.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I really really liked the player movement in BF3. It felt really fluid, especially the vaulting and stuff (right out of Mirror's Edge). I honestly didn't get to play those maps because I haven't been able to find any servers playing them. My favourite 2142 maps are Leipzig and Remagen. And even if they don't release some sort of 2142-style expansion for Battlefield 3, I would at least want some sort of current-era remakes of some of the maps (especially the two listed above).

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I put 24 hours into the beta on PC. Metro doesn't really properly display Battlefield that well, but it started to grow on me since I played it for so long. I also got to play Caspian near the end, and the map is fantastic. Unfortunate that some actually decided not to buy the game on a buggy beta, but honestly, I think most of us are going to end up getting this game anyway.

I really really liked the player movement in BF3. It felt really fluid, especially the vaulting and stuff (right out of Mirror's Edge). I honestly didn't get to play those maps because I haven't been able to find any servers playing them. My favourite 2142 maps are Leipzig and Remagen. And even if they don't release some sort of 2142-style expansion for Battlefield 3, I would at least want some sort of current-era remakes of some of the maps (especially the two listed above).

A EA Technical support person claimed in a chat that work was being started on a Battlefield 2142 sequel. Unknown if it's true, but I hope to see Battlefield 2143. Edited by Rausaro

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere. I still want modern-era 2142 maps. :P Also when the game comes out I'll make a BZP platoon in Battlelog (unless someone beats me to it). Also I really don't like all of the ignorant people who cancel their preorders over the stupidest little things.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I'd totally join a BZP group, but for what platform? I normally get PC, but I'm afraid I only have the money for the 360 version atm, as I need to update my Graphics card.

I'd totally join a BZP group, but for what platform? I normally get PC, but I'm afraid I only have the money for the 360 version atm, as I need to update my Graphics card.

Well Battlelog is only on PC, but you can still access it through your web browser. Though I'm not sure if you'll actually need a PC copy just to use Battlelog or not. And I'm loving the new maps. Especially Damavand Peak... That's going to make for some epic games. Firestorm seems a lot like Highway Tampa, which I wasn't a big fan of. Hopefully it's better. Also the description for the Canals map has me thinking Blue Pearl, which I loved. Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Can't look forward to picking this up and MW3. Both games are totally different and alternating is gonna keep me from getting bored. But I have to admit, crawling on the paths attacking the bomb sites as a Marine because standing would've gotten you cut down was pretty addicting... And the M27 is the best overall gun in the game that is all.

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

After having played MW 2 a lot, I rented and tried my first Battlefield game (Bad Company 2) and enjoyed the campaign. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try the multiplayer, due to the massive Vietnam update that was required to do so.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

The voice chat will be in the final game, it just wasn't in the beta. Also, you don't need the Vietnam expansion to play the game...

Well, it required some large update which I couldn't download. Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I've never played a Battlefield game before, but BF3 looks rather sweet, despite the less-than-successful beta. What's the point of having an alpha when you change absolutely nothing for the beta? I usually don't get games on launch, but I may pick it up in the future, depending on it fairs. I just hope that the PS3 version is good, I have no interest in buying a high end gaming PC just to witness this beast in its full glory. however, watching xcalizorz destroy at BF3 is entertainment enough

Edited by Leada

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

I've never played a Battlefield game before, but BF3 looks rather sweet, despite the less-than-successful beta. What's the point of having an alpha when you change absolutely nothing for the beta? I usually don't get games on launch, but I may pick it up in the future, depending on it fairs. I just hope that the PS3 version is good, I have no interest in buying a high end gaming PC just to witness this beast in its full glory. however, watching xcalizorz destroy at BF3 is entertainment enough

The thing was, I keep hearing that the "Beta" WAS the alpha. That, and they disabled most of the features. Beta was amazing...sure, they had glitches, but I didn't see anything serious. By Day #8... there were no pitfalls, slugmen, or animated corpses. After being a Battlefield 2142 Beta Tester... I think it's safe to say the final product will be much better. Edited by Rausaro

I was actually in the alpha and in the beta they did remove a LAV vehicle for attackers and they brought one of the bombsites closer so the first stage wasn't so impossible as attacker. Also, the beta was meant to be released in mid-September but was pushed back because Microsoft and Sony needed a week or so to verify it.

Ahahaha... I had the funniest moment on Highway Tampa 2142. I was playing EU...and I trolled the Pac titan gunner. I then had him switch turrets to try and kill me, but I was able to squeeze my UD-12 transport onto the deck without dying. I expected him to pod, and indeed, moments later he tried to land on me. However, I pulled back and barely dodged his pod, causing him to miss. I then bailed out, and the transport nearly landed on him while he was in the river. I pod next to him and take him out. End of story? Nope. He spawns on the guns, and as I can't climb out of the river by the PAC base, I have to swim for cover under this bridge. I hide in there and bait him. He camps me, waiting for me to get out. And then the last cruise missile hits, causing him to die in that glitch that kills people in the consoles when the Titan starts to go critical. Win?

I played the beta on both PC and PS3. No durr PC wins. However, I was mad at DICE's major memory leak problem. That alone brought my FPS down to 2. And I was running the beta the first day at 80 FPS. DX I love me some BF2, though.

I wish they'd increase console to 32 players. I'm worried about the Jet maps...will they be too small?

I played the beta on both PC and PS3. No durr PC wins. However, I was mad at DICE's major memory leak problem. That alone brought my FPS down to 2. And I was running the beta the first day at 80 FPS. DX I love me some BF2, though.

I wish they'd increase console to 32 players. I'm worried about the Jet maps...will they be too small?
They've stated several times that jets on consoles will have the same amount of flying space as on PC. Which in both cases is probably more than the map boundaries for infantry and land vehicles (assuming 2 and 2142 were like that... I can't remember. Because if they're not then it likely won't be that way then.). Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg