Well... with larger maps for jets that restrict it for infantry... what's the point? There's no targets in the red zone, and if you bail out, you die. Best of all, if you think about it, they only have a maximum of 4 jets total. So...yeah?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Well if they had the jets with the same space as the ground units, you'd have a lot of out of bounds messages. And I don't expect the smaller target area to be too much of an issue. They don't move so fast that they would miss the play area. Honestly, seeing the jets flying around above Capian Border, I thought they were a bit slow than I feel they should be.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

The Type 88 seems cool, but I'm not even too interested in the PWP. BACK TO KARKAND, BOYS.Anyone else see the new multiplayer trailer? The scene where the guy with the SMAW landed on the platform in front of the building reminded me so much of 2142.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

The Type 88 seems cool, but I'm not even too interested in the PWP. BACK TO KARKAND, BOYS. Anyone else see the new multiplayer trailer? The scene where the guy with the SMAW landed on the platform in front of the building reminded me so much of 2142.

KARKAND? I'm Hyped About Oman and Wake. Haven't seen the new trailer... it was blocked by #######.

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

Chances are you missed the beta (if your given time is accurate). People have had mixed feeling about it. I liked it. They announced all of the multiplayer maps. Two are in France and the other seven are in Iran. Some videos.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I honestly cannot wait for this... my friend played the Beta before it closed on Xbox, and he said it has the mechanics of CoD, and the graphics of Crysis 2. he also said there was a special edition Xbox that came with Battlefield 3, like a combo pack... I really want it now. I actually wanted it since he told me about it. Cannot wait for Battlefield 3 to come out...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I honestly cannot wait for this... my friend played the Beta before it closed on Xbox, and he said it has the mechanics of CoD, and the graphics of Crysis 2. he also said there was a special edition Xbox that came with Battlefield 3, like a combo pack... I really want it now. I actually wanted it since he told me about it. Cannot wait for Battlefield 3 to come out...

I really wouldn't say it has CoD-like mechanics, but thats just me. And like everyone else has noticed, the PC graphics are stellar. Too bad my battlestation is just a laptop ._. Well it seems I did miss the beta. At least I'll be extremely excited when th egame itself comes out.

As far as I can tell, the Game revolves around SGT. Blackburn and a Russian Counterpart as both the Russians and Americans try to stop the PLR. I think the Russians infiltrate Paris to stop a terrorist attack, actually.

Battlefeild topic? YEAH.

- I'm against Call of Duty just as much as the next Battlefield fanboy, but I don't want anything regarding the silly debate on which is better here. None. At all.

Daaaw. TRANSITION I've played a 1942 or whatever demo, and found the game slow, and the controls... Odd? Jets especially. I know that's realistic, but still... I'm a COD fan though, so my opinion is probably invalid. :/ Unlike others, I'm fine with Bf.

I brush with death so often we've started giving eachother high-fives.

i tried the beta - can't say i'm too excited for this. maybe i'm just burnt out on shooters :/

Just keep in mind the beta was on low settings. I remember beta testing BF2142 back in 2006. It had many more glitches than the final product that came out a month or two later.

i tried the beta - can't say i'm too excited for this. maybe i'm just burnt out on shooters :/

Just keep in mind the beta was on low settings. I remember beta testing BF2142 back in 2006. It had many more glitches than the final product that came out a month or two later.
No, it means he's burnt out on shooters. Done, finished. BF3 will probably be my last FPS too.

Undergoing Renovations...

No, it means he's burnt out on shooters. Done, finished. BF3 will probably be my last FPS too.
So then Dark Souls? :3

Just saw the Storyline trailer... Priceless. You get to play as US Navy Pilots, US Marines, US Army Tankers, Russian Spetsnaz, and other stuff. It's jaw dropping amazing.

OH MY GOD. I'm at the point of freaking out.Also Origin pre-load. Also day-one patch will include commo rose. :3

Freakin' patch. Imma make a monster of a computer. Not just for this, but mainly for the family's use. That doesn't mean I can't shell out for a GTX 590, now does it? "This is not a trial, you are guilty. I already know how your ^@* story is!" Another thing, the PLR leader (or so the guy at the beginning seems) makes a legitimate point in real life. I mean, think about it.

I agree that he does, but this could get political, so let's not say anything else about it. :)

True. We'll just debate it while we're doing the casual dogfight up in the air. Nothing stressful, just a little talk and gunfire. XD But so far, the single-player's story looks like a deep psychological Tom Clancy story. I can actually tell my dad that the story is actually based on the horrors a Marine faces and what it does to his mind.Unless if DICE CODs this up and makes it all action, little substance.

OH MY GOD. I'm at the point of freaking out. Also Origin pre-load. Also day-one patch will include commo rose. :3

Freakin' patch. Imma make a monster of a computer. Not just for this, but mainly for the family's use. That doesn't mean I can't shell out for a GTX 590, now does it? "This is not a trial, you are guilty. I already know how your ^@* story is!" Another thing, the PLR leader (or so the guy at the beginning seems) makes a legitimate point in real life. I mean, think about it.
If I'm not mistaken, the leader of the PLR is not the leader of a country or alliance, (like the MEC), but the leader of a Underworld organization. That's the impression I got from reading the first two chapters of the Battlefield novel. Not to mention, he sees nothing wrong with smuggling a Dirty/Nuclear bomb into a neutral country: France. I am hyped the Russians get to be played as "Good guys" this time. Edited by Rausaro

OH MY GOD. I'm at the point of freaking out. Also Origin pre-load. Also day-one patch will include commo rose. :3

If I'm not mistaken, the leader of the PLR is not the leader of a country or alliance, (like the MEC), but the leader of a Underworld organization. That's the impression I got from reading the first two chapters of the Battlefield novel. Not to mention, he sees nothing wrong with smuggling a Dirty/Nuclear bomb into a neutral country: France. I am hyped the Russians get to be played as "Good guys" this time.
No, the guys in "The Russian" are different, I believe. And we don't know if he was the one smuggling the bomb in. Like the Marine said: "You want us to believe that there's a PLR threat and Solomon's at the head?" Key words: want us to believe However, the Russian thing was in Metro 2033. XD And a few other games if I remember correctly. BTW, was the guy holding the revolver to your head Dima? Seems like him off the book's description.

Battlelog is up for PC users. I'm creating a BZPower platoon on there now. I don't know if logging in with your EA Account without having purchased BF3 will work, but you console users might as well give it a tray (if only just to use the site for the stat tracking and social aspect). EDIT: I think you do need to own the game to be able to login on Battlelog, so oh well.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

So all of you guys just bought this for the PC? Sadface

I bought it for 360. Normally I get the PC, but I don't have the money to update my card atm. Maybe eventually...I'll play on PC at a friend's house. So... It got around a 9.0 -9.5. Not bad. Still, I think it was funny they dinged the game for the singleplayer (BF's about Multiplayer)...

If the multiplayer plays like the beta (with the bug fixes of course), I have no complaints. Also, in the IGN video review, they quickly show three of the different camouflage options (which I am honestly excited for). And now I just went and found a video that shows all of the different camouflage options: Default Camouflage (desert MARPAT for USMC, and what looks like Yeger pattern for the Russians). Spec Ops Black (flat black for both sides) Veteran Kit - ('green US jungle camo' (the WWII Marines stuff) for the USMC, and either 'berezka' or 'solnechyye zaychiki' for the Russians). Urban Pattern - (US 'urban' camouflage for the USMC, and a blue version of the same for the Russians). Desert Khaki - (a light tan for the USMC, and a darker tan for the Russians). Jungle Pattern - ('US woodland pattern camouflage' for the USMC, and Flora pattern for the Russians). Navy Blue - (a black-blue for the USMC, and a bluer blue for the Russians). Paratrooper - (what looks like Multicam for the USMC, and 'raster' camouflage for the Russians). Expeditionary Force - (3-colour desert for the USMC, and either Flora or 'Dubok' for the Russians). Army Green - (a light olive drab for the USMC, and a darker OD for the Russians). Ranger Camo - (US Army Universal Camouflage Pattern for the USMC, and German Flecktarn (HECK YES!) for the Russians). Woodland Pattern - (woodland MARPAT for the USMC, and summer Partizan camo for the Russians). Just as a note, in case you are unaware, these camouflage patterns are for your soldier's uniform not the weapon.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I was looking at the kit unlocks on Battlelog, and I noticed that they had the M16A4 and M4 for the assault and engineer kits respectively.This is in addition to the M16A3 and M4A1 that the USMC starts with. These should be three-round burst versions of the starting weapons (if the game follows reality, and it would be redundant if they weren't). Unfortunately when clicking on the thumbnails it resirects me to the pages for the starting weapons so I can't confirm my suspicions just yet.And PC guys, I've created a BZP Platoon so go search for 'bzpower' under platoons and join up.Now my actual opinions on the game: Haven't played the campaign or co-op.Only played conquest so far for multiplayer. 64-player Métro is trash. The rest of the maps are glorious. My favourite so far is probably Kharg Island.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg