Yet Another Hf Game?

Chip Wiseman

Right, my brother got the new Rocka today and I think he's epic. But, flicking through the instructions I found a surprise: in the advert for the core code gamey points thingamajig, there were pictures of a HF game, so similar to Breakout, yet so different.EDIT: Picture now!This game looked interesting. It had pictures of Stormer 2.0 battling minions in a volcano, a green factory and a winter wonderland.The enemies all looked like something I've seen in a leaked picture of the summer I will not name, and there was a powerup bar at the bottom.Intriguing.I think this is a prototype for a second Breakout game, where you can unlock different variations of Heroes (1.0, 2.0, 3.0, Breakout etc.)Reasons it might be what I just said:

• [*]Black Phantom escapes in the current Breakout game and you don't catch him[*]Breakout is expected to continue through summer[*]It's on the back of Rocka's bag and in the instructions, keep in mind this is a month after the current game was released

Let's be hoping these aren't prototypes for the current game.What do you think?

Edited by Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

it's a prototype for the actual Breakout game. You can see, in promotional videos for the game advertising it, Stormer 2.0 icons everywhere. The villains in the screenshots are Drilldozer clones, and one of the pictures bears a striking similarity to the perspective and gameplay of the "Mission" style games. Sad, considering it looks infinitely better than the current game, but whatever. Hopefully it is the second game.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I actually got a weird glitch when playing the actual HF Breakout when I was switching between full screen and regular that showed Preston Stormer 2.0 in the top box near the pause button. :) It was just a blip. This might be the source.

It´s likely they designed the game with Stormer 2.0 and Drilldozer 3D models before creating the 3D models for the 2012 sets. Even the Stormer 2.0 icon is still included the files as you pointed out. But this picture could also be simple concept art as was done with the CC games. However, the left environment with the tree and the bridge shows a high resemblance to the Toxic Reapa zone, so it wouldn´t suprise me at all if the Speeda Demon zone looked like the bottom right one on the picture.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

in the pic it looks like a real hf game like lego starwars or bionicle heros the stuff in the online game looks nothing like that art so who knows it could be a real game. so untill we know really a lot about it lets hope for the best

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I think the reason the Breakout game doesn't resemble that art is that A ) that was a preliminary version based on older Hero sets and B ) the game's graphics had to be greatly simplified to run within a web browser on computers of varying capacities.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

It appears that the level on the left is Toxic Reapa´s level, the one on the top right that of Voltix and the one on the bottom right that of Speeda Demon.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^