Toy Fair 2012: Hero Factory

• 3 weeks later...

These sets seem to be...interesting.The idea of making Stringer blue seems kind of a lame idea.I might buy Nex just because I like the color scheme.XT4 also seems like a cool set but the idea of the huge buzz-saw is a weird idea for a set with such a skinny looking character, though and why does he have a hero core?

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

These sets seem to be...interesting.The idea of making Stringer blue seems kind of a lame idea.I might buy Nex just because I like the color scheme.XT4 also seems like a cool set but the idea of the huge buzz-saw is a weird idea for a set with such a skinny looking character, though and why does he have a hero core?

All hero and villain sets this year come with Hero Cores for the code on the back that can be used in the Breakout online game. The instructions don't say to use the Hero Cores anywhere in the actual villain models, but they were attached to the villains anyway at Toy Fair (probably so that the cores and the characters they came with stayed together during shipping).

My favorite are Stormer Xl and Speeda Demon.-CDP

Well, well. The biggest ones. :) I think Stormer XL is OK, and I'll definitely get him, for the parts if he's not a good set, but Speeda Demon bugs me. Indeed, a new vehicle is almost irresistible, but it seems to be not much different from the Furno Bike, and I don't really like his four arms. Does anybody know what torso piece Stormer XL uses? Is it the traditional piece, or a custom skeleton of bones?

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

Well, well. The biggest ones. :) I think Stormer XL is OK, and I'll definitely get him, for the parts if he's not a good set, but Speeda Demon bugs me. Indeed, a new vehicle is almost irresistible, but it seems to be not much different from the Furno Bike, and I don't really like his four arms.Does anybody know what torso piece Stormer XL uses? Is it the traditional piece, or a custom skeleton of bones?
He uses at least two torso pieces, one of which is the taller "Fire Lord" style of torso piece. However, neither of these makes up his entire torso. There are several other bones used to widen and support his shoulders.

Well, well. The biggest ones. :) I think Stormer XL is OK, and I'll definitely get him, for the parts if he's not a good set, but Speeda Demon bugs me. Indeed, a new vehicle is almost irresistible, but it seems to be not much different from the Furno Bike, and I don't really like his four arms.Does anybody know what torso piece Stormer XL uses? Is it the traditional piece, or a custom skeleton of bones?
He uses at least two torso pieces, one of which is the taller "Fire Lord" style of torso piece. However, neither of these makes up his entire torso. There are several other bones used to widen and support his shoulders.
Somehow it isn't much of a surprise that he has 2 torso pieces. I think that the bone pieces used to widen the torso will look very ugly from behind.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

Somehow it isn't much of a surprise that he has 2 torso pieces. I think that the bone pieces used to widen the torso will look very ugly from behind.
I don't think so-- at least, no more than the typical Hero's appearance from behind. The back is armored slightly with a 2.0 torso shell, so it's not like it will be completely exposed.

THIS is what it should have been right from the start. Wave 1 was meh, Wave 2 was horrible; they all looked the same, and wave 3 was better.Nex: He's alright. His helmet is a little bland; it looks exactly like his 2.0 helm. All the lazers look weird, and he has no hands. But for an 8 dollar set, it looks appropriate.XT4: This one is also okay for an $8 set. Those legs look like they're going to be hard to pose. Again the lazers look weird, and the saw looks a little out of place.Stringer: I am only going to buy this one because I didnt buy his 1.0 version which has his awesome helm. His 1.0 counterpart looked he could pack a punch, whereas this one looks scrawny, and his gun too.Core Hunter: My favorite villain of this wave. Core Hunter looks like the kind of bulky, unstoppable robot that will do anything to complete his mission, like the Terminator or Nemesis from Resident Evil. My only gripe is his weapon is not a new mold.Bulk: Decent. The giant paw armor on his .... collarbone is a bit random. I really like the missile launcher, though I wish he was holding it in his hand instead of having it up on his shoulder.Voltix: I feel that his design WOULD HAVE worked if not for his jumbled color scheme. But even then his design leaves a lot to be desired. His helmet is too big for him, the volts are attached to .... his head, and once again, no hands. The tubes are also horrendous.Stormer XL: Mixed feelings for his humongous chest piece. On one hand, it really fills up his chest. On the other, it's just one piece. I would have appreciated a little more complexity. Other than that, he looks pretty solid. I'm really digging his feet and the new titan build. His sword is unacceptable.Speeda Demon: I never got Furno bike, so I hope to get this one. He doesn't look half-bad, and the bike looks cool. Getting this one if I can.

The new sets look really good this year. I will be definitely be getting Core Hunter and Voltix.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 2 months later...

When I get XT4 I might do some improvements to him and maybe give Voltix some hands.

Edited by Feline Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.