Toy Fair 2012: Lord of the Rings

Attack on Weathertop looks way too expensive. Sixty bucks? Even with the rising prices of oil, that seems at least a little ridiculous. It sounds more unfair than the price points of either the Mines of Moria or the Battle of Helm's Deep ... all of them seem to have fairly high prices, though. I guess it's the licensing fees they're shelling out.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Wait...no Balrog?! I know it would make the Moria set too big, but not even in a separate set? I AM disappoint!

I have no signature. Boo-Hoo.

My BZPRPG

92% of BZPers use sigfads. If you are part of the 8% that think them pointless, copy and paste this into your signature.

banner_beatdown1.png

Yayz! I'm an old, defenseless leader guy!

Oh, there better be more LotR related sets in the future, because there are so many cool ideas that need to be made into sets. (Although I would prefer a mini scale Minas Tirith because even at minifig scale it would be huge.)Well, the prices are quite staggering, but the quality of the sets is really amazing. Weathertop looks very nice, although the price is a little much. And Moria has a ton of great figs, which totally outweigh the landscape pieces and probably increase the price even more. And Helms Deep... man, that looks so awesome, but so big and so expensive. :P Looks like the wall does have some sort of exploding feature, which is excelent.Well, now I know where my money is going this summer. Thanks for the great pictures Andrew. :):music:

They look pretty awesome! I really love all the details they've included!I would also just like to point out that to get the entire fellowship you're only looking at $172.96, not $302.95, as the Helm's Deep set is not required for this feat. (Of the fellowship, it only comes with Aragorn and Gimli, which can be acquired in Weathertop and Moria respectively.

BBCC #68 sig.png The Iron Tiger

I'm really excited about these sets. Obviously I won't get all the fellowship, but some of those sets caught my eye.Though I agree, a Tom Bombadil set would be amazing....Though I don't think we should give up hope just yet. He was a card in the Lord of the Rings TCG...so there's a slight chance....maybe

I'm a mask maker, voice actor, writer, and Time Lord from Ta-metru.
​That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

qs80409.jpg
I was formerly known as Krakuaofsonics (if that means something to you)...

They look pretty awesome! I really love all the details they've included!I would also just like to point out that to get the entire fellowship you're only looking at $172.96, not $302.95, as the Helm's Deep set is not required for this feat. (Of the fellowship, it only comes with Aragorn and Gimli, which can be acquired in Weathertop and Moria respectively.

Thanks for the catch.

If you're only trying to get the Fellowship minifigs, then E-bay is your friend.As for these sets, they're kind of steep. I might pick one or two of them up, but only if I can find a good price. Anyway, next year they will absolutely have to make a Mines of Moria set with the Baldrog, as well as Minas Tirith, Rivendell, and Bag End. Oh, and Mount Doom. As for Tom Bombadil, I don't really miss him. To be honest, Tom Bombadil was my least favorite part of the entire Hobbit+LotR cycle.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

And yet another liscensed theme to clog store shelves. Seriously, why is LEGO doing this.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

...To make money?Or, if you prefer a longer answer, because there's a lot of demand for Lord of the Rings licensed products, including demand within the already-established LEGO fan community, and TLG wants to be the company to take advantage of that demand rather than letting it end up in a competitor's hands.

These sets look pretty good. I hope this is just the beginning of LOTR sets, as it's a rather skippy glimpse across some moments in the whole story (why Shelob before Rivendell or at least Lothlorien, for example). Love the brown in Shelob even though it's not exactly movie-accurate. (I just love brown anywhere lol.)I especially like that gate with the runes above it in the mines. We need a flamey eye though. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If you're only trying to get the Fellowship minifigs, then E-bay is your friend. As for these sets, they're kind of steep. I might pick one or two of them up, but only if I can find a good price. Anyway, next year they will absolutely have to make a Mines of Moria set with the Baldrog, as well as Minas Tirith, Rivendell, and Bag End. Oh, and Mount Doom. As for Tom Bombadil, I don't really miss him. To be honest, Tom Bombadil was my least favorite part of the entire Hobbit+LotR cycle. -don't touch my pocket protector

WHAT!? You dont' like Tom Bombadil? Crazy.These look even better than expected, and I had hight expectations. Of course, the hight prices offset that a bit, but they'll be worth it. I can't help ut notice that there's a catapult function to throw Gimli into the fray in the Helm's Deep set, which I find highly amusing and epic.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Geez, BZPower, I am dissapoint. You showed us these already? I mean, come on! You should have let us be tortured by the possibilites for at least a month.Seriously, I'm getting Shelob and Mines. Hopefully my bro will get Forge. Hopefully we get Balrog, Oliphaunt, Wargs, and Ents next year.Still no takers of my constraction Idea?

pNNgXax.jpg

There's some really cool features to some of these sets and I really like the minifigs, however I'm not sure I can justify getting more than one or two at that price... Shame that the Helm's Deep one probably isn't a good option to get for most as a result as it's one of the coolest. :/

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Holy Bieber, these sets are exquisite (and expensive)! All the details are great, but the prices seem a little steep. I love LotR so much that I doubt I'll be able to resist buying at least a few of these sets, but I do wish that they were a little easier on the wallet.And I, too, was hoping for a Gandalf vs. Balrog set. :/

Kind of small for the prices... and too bad there aren't any Hobbit sets, what with the movie coming out, but other than that, awesome! :happydance:

You might want to reread the second paragraph of the article again:

We'll start off with what wasn't on display. There were no sets from The Hobbit. This made me very sad. Jim Foulds suggested we might want to pay close attention to San Diego Comic Con though.

There will be Hobbit sets, they just were not on display, likely due to Warner Bros not wanting to 'spoil' the movie just yet.

Man, these just look so great, one disappointing thing though is that weathertop didn't include all the riders that were there, and it seems a little to difficult to build up a good sized Uruk-Hai army, but besides that I can't wait, well, I can since I need to save up some more money first :P. And I jsut watched the movies for the first time yesterday/this morning(because I started watching them yesterday but the last one ended at 3:40 this morning) and they are epic. I already had read the books, though, so I've already been exposed to how amazing it is.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.