Short Stories Contest #9: In The Darkness Bind Them

Velox

I know I told some people I was entering, and said people may be under the impression that I died in the interim, so I decided to post here to remind them that this is not the case. I've started an entry for the contest, but I am honestly considering withholding from posting it, given the obscene word count and the extreme draggedoutedness that it has (it is mostly done and in its final stages will totter at 10,000 words). I figure I don't want to give the judges that much grief.-Kagha

bannae.png

Member name: GSREntry name and link: "An Aftermath".Good luck to everyone!

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Whew, made it just barely. I procrastinated a bit, but I'm so glad this is done and I can get on with my life.Member Name: ClickEntry Name and Link: KingdomsPlease leave reviews, I appreciate knowing how I did.

Little over a half-hour left to enter. The topic won't be closed at 12 (probably), but entries will not be accepted after then. Thanks to all who entered (and who will still enter), and good luck to everyone!newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

To be honest, I had the same problem. I procrastinated heavily and had about half my story done. But regardless, I've read some killer entries, so good luck to everyone! =D

Same here. Best of luck to those that got it done!-Inferna

LL,Grant and Inferna out? My chances look halfway decent now. :evilgrin:

Sure, but you have to keep an eye out for Kagha and his monster entry. He's won SS contests before, and despite the fact he's confessed to never reading the books, he's a tough act to follow. :P-Inferna

Monster entry vs monster entry... I think his is longer, if I recall his earlier post.Ahh well, this should be an interesting contest.

Ten thousand words, I believe he said. :P-Inferna

Definitely longer, mine was 12,000, and not as long as his. He said he was in the "finishing stages" of his entry at 10,000, and based on my experience, that means about 5,000 more words to go :P EDIT: Okay, his is about 10,622, mine really 6,453 (I got the pages and word count mixed up :P). How's that compare?

Edited by Click

I never actually counted the words of my entry until now--8,105, as it turns out. Does that qualify as a "monster" story? XD

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

To be honest, I'm not too strung up on word count all the time unless there's an insane max/min to follow. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter to me to write a "monster story" so long as the story itself gets told effectively. Quality over quantity, hey?-Kagha

bannae.png