Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

After next week I'll be settled into Alpha, as it will be caught up with where I've read to with fan translations (which I stopped reading to make my free WSJ subscription worth it). Although I don't like that Viz isn't releasing all the untranslated print volumes, as I'm now 10+ volumes behind in Bakuman, my personal favorite Jump manga, and buying digital volumes doesn't cut it for me. I just hope all the print catches up within a year, as WSJ is basically a one-year rental service.

Unless it a high-selling series like Naruto and One Piece, Viz releases series volumes tri-monthly, IIRC. You're better off reading scanlations to catch up.I used to read SJ, but then they dropped Ultimo, so I droppedthe magazine as Ultimo was really the only thing I read in it.

hElbrZ6.gif

Actually, Naruto, One Piece, and Bakuman are bi-monthly, Bleach is the big tri-monthly one, and Bakuman and Bleach are the only ones lagging behind the Japanese releases (Bleach is 15+ behind, while Bakuman is 8 behind)And while I was dissapointed at SJ dropping Ultimo (and the fact that volume 8 comes out nearly a year after volume 7), I do like Psyren, which replaced it. I really wish they kept that in SJA, but it's already been finished, with 16 volumes...

I've been switching between Daily Lives of High School boys (waiting on episode 8) and Mirai Nikki, and I'm glad that the anime adaptation of Mirai Nikki seems to be going well, and isn't that bad. The 1st OP is great, the second one is alright.

I have high hopes for Guilty Crown's final stretch... Shu (obviously) has the Void Genom again, and he's now really an awesome character. Although I'm wondering how it will finish, looks like Shu might die at this rate... And

The blue hand in the OP is Shu's Void.

I'm reading the RahXephon manga.It's... okay. Not great, but not bad.EDIT: Okay, just finished the third and last volume. Ending left a smile on my face, being a middle ground between the series' ending (which was executed in a way that it was the only flaw I really had with Rah) and the movie's much more bittersweet ending.Ultimately, if you're a big RahXephon fan, I say read it. It DOES start bad, yes, but the second volume marks a significent up turn in quality. I'd rate it a 8/10, if only because the ending is VERY touching IMHO.

Edited by Alastor

hElbrZ6.gif

Oh boy... Finishing Brotherhood and TTGL in the same day doesn't sound good for your brain cells... Although Brotherhood's end isn't that mindscrewy, the definition of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is pure insanity. Manly, Epic, Insanity.Anyways, I'm getting both Gurren Lagann movies this week. I know most of the differences between the anime and The Lights In The Sky Are Stars, but are there a lot of differences between the anime and Childhood's End?

I finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Gurran Lagann today.*Cue applause and triumphant orchestra music*

My sister and I are watching Brotherhood again, and already we are overwhelmed by nostalgia. So many epic moments and memories, not even demished from the nearly two year gap from when we stopped watching. I don't get into anima often, but this sucked me right in.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Masaki Endoh made his cover of Uninstall, the opening to Bokurano, sound hopeful.Said song is about the foolishness of humanity and overall is a perfect song to open such a depressing series (You thought Madoka and EVA were dark? Hahaha. Ha. Bokurano, and most Motaro Kitoh works at that, are so freaking pessimistic and dark that they can fling small planets).

hElbrZ6.gif

Said song is about the foolishness of humanity and overall is a perfect song to open such a depressing series (You thought Madoka and EVA were dark? Hahaha. Ha. Bokurano, and most Motaro Kitoh works at that, are so freaking pessimistic and dark that they can fling smallplanets).

That's an understatement. There are no words to describe how grimdark and depressing Bokurano is.

I always (and I mean always) forget what Bokurano is about. Thankfully, I actually remembered its plot this time without having to look it up.Anyway, from what I've read it's a pretty dark show. :fear:

The anime is light-hearted compared to the manga. It ends genuinely happily, for example.Bokurano itself is light compared to Kitoh's infamous NaruTaru. Let's put it this way: The anime adaption for Naru ended on a pitch-black note. It only adapted the first half of the story. It got much, much, MUCH worse afterwards.In other news, I rewatched the RahXephon movie. I take back most of the negative things I said about it, it's a great film. Ending makes me tear up.

hElbrZ6.gif

The newest Guilty Crown is pretty good. It mainly focuses on the characters' pasts, a bit of Gai and Shu, but mostly Kurosumu Ouma (Shu's dad). There were also some good moments between Shu and some of the other characters. Basically set up the final two episodes really well, so they will hopefully have good plot/action without being interrupted by tons of flashbacks...

I love Gosick. I'm just glad I chose to watch it after it had finished airing. I don't think I could have waited an entire week between some of the episodes...Now that I think about it, Gosick was the first series where I really liked the romance elements. I guess that means I can blame it for my non-manly series selections as of late... :P

Lacertus