Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

After the first 5 episodes, I like Gosick quite a bit. I like trying to solve the mysteries during each episode, but I fail at that so far (I'm used to watching things with easier mysteries, like Monk and Psych).And I'll be ordering the Limited Edition Madoka Magica Volume 1 tomorrow. Getting it mainly because it has Blu-Ray and DVD formats, as I prefer Blu-Ray, but my computer only has a DVD drive and I'm the only person I know with a Blu-Ray player so I need DVD to force anime upon share anime with my friends. Also, I have extra money from my birthday, so I can actually afford it (curse you Aniplex and your super-overpriced releases!).

Edited by Terminus

After the first 5 episodes, I like Gosick quite a bit. I like trying to solve the mysteries during each episode, but I fail at that so far (I'm used to watching things with easier mysteries, like Monk and Psych).

Don't even bother. The mysteries are impossible to solve for anyone whose name is not Victorique.I am rewatching some of the series I've seen over the past year or so. One of them was Black Cat. It reminded me of how awesome that series was.I also started watching Zero no Tsukaima out of boredom. I'm down to the fifth episode of the second season now. I like it so far, as in, I'm not seeing any reason not to continue watching.

~Blue Dragon~

Well I finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood again, and my heart is still pounding. It is an emotional rollercoaster that had me yearning for both joy and grief. It made me feel...alive somehow. And now I'm just rambling on.I really should see the Sacred Star of Milos sometime, I have pretty much no clue what happens in it as is.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I also want to see SSoM, but instead of being a great continuation of the series (like Conqueror of Shamballa), it's supposed to be a semi-pointless spinoff movie. Like the Bleach movies (which are terrible).Also the animation is apparently worse than in the anime, so that has me a bit worried. I will give it a try, though, (eventually) since it is FMA.

I have heard that too, and the odds are that it won't stack up. But I still have to see it, I invest to much energy and emotions in Brotherhood not to see it.Do you know when in the series the movie is supposed to take place? I know it is before Briggs and after they learned what is in Philosopher Stones, and that odds are it is after the fifth labratory, the journey to Rush Valley, Lust's death, Gluttony's capture, and the first encounter with Father. But I can't place it beyond that.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I'm not really sure when in the series it's supposed to take place.And, while we're on the topic of anime movies, I just saw the new footage of the Strike Witches movie, looks pretty interesting. We'll finally be able to see someone who isn't the Strike Witches (attempt to) fight the Neuroi, and fail miserably. I do hope Funimation brings it over soon, hopefully by the end of next year. And I hope they release Season 2 of SW soon, it was originally supposed to come out last month...

The newest Guilty Crown is awesome. The battle between Shu and Daath is the best in the series so far, mainly because Daath uses the Laserdiscs from Tron, and Shu's arm can shoot a giant laser ball.Of course, now my expectations for the finale are really high.

There is going to be a Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA anime. My reaction to this can be summed up as the following: :dontgetit: Because really, I'd rather have a botched Heavens Feel adaptation than a magical girls anime with a 'Fate/' stamp on it.

Better question: Will they animate the Nanoha crossover? Because that'd make it totally worth it.

hElbrZ6.gif

There is going to be a Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA anime. My reaction to this can be summed up as the following: :dontgetit: Because really, I'd rather have a botched Heavens Feel adaptation than a magical girls anime with a 'Fate/' stamp on it.

This is obviously Zelretch's fault.@Alastor: Animating the Nanoha crossover would be WIN.

This is obviously Zelretch's fault.
Enlighten me on this one please. The only thing I know about Zelretch is that he made the Gem blade in F/SN . Has this something to do with you accusing him of trolling some time ago? =P

~Blue Dragon~

Watching tthe following in my never-ending attempt to be the best, like no one ever was to have seen every series featured in Super Robot Wars.Yuusha Raideen (At 2/50 episodes. I have come to accept that Raideen is powered by Ancient Mu Magic and shouting. Like the RahXephon, minus the mind screw. Fitting, considering RahXephon was essentially a Raideen remake)Aura Battler Dunbine (5/49. It's a Yoshiyuki Tomino show, and one made in the 80s at that. All these people gonna die! :D)L-GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIM Heavy Metal L-Gaim (1/54. Oh heavens! Look at the time! Another Tomino show, albeit one made when he wasn't in a Kill 'Em All mood. Seems to be off to a good start. Definitely was something worked on by Mamoru Nagano- and the influence this show had on Five Star Stories is clear. And seems to have a character from Dunbine recycled. ...despite Nagano doing the character designs along with the mecha desigis)Overman King Gainer (2/26. ANOTHER TOMINO SHOW OH GOD. Hasn't been as good as the other ones so far, but by no means bad.)Combat Mecha Xabungle (1/50. HAYATE YOU NI! XABUNGURU, XABUNGURU! Probably has the best opening song ever.)Choujuu Kishin Dancougar (1/38. This one I have the highest hopes for. The military take on the typical super robot plot is shaping up to be interesting and refreshing. The Dancougar itself won't appear until the sixteenth episode, however.)Macross 7 (23/49. This show is just silly. But does that mean it's bad? Far from it! Macross 7 is seriously some of the most fun I've ever had watching an anime.)Macross Frontier (8/25. Another Macross series. The 25th anniversary at that. It's a fairly solid series, though out of the Macross series I've seen- all but the original- this one has to be me least favorite.)

hElbrZ6.gif

Saw the final episode of Guilty Crown, it was one of the best anime endings I've seen (as in, it was an actual end, and it had an awesome final showdown).

Also, you find out that Gai's intentions were good, and he wasn't really super-evil, Inori dies (YES!), and Shu becomes blind. And gets a robot arm.

... Alastor, you are going to die before you get through all of 'dem series.

I've seen longer series. I'll probably marathon most of these over spring break.

Z2 will blow you up with its awesome repertoire of mecha series.They got Votoms man! VOTOMS!

Seen VOTOMS (I liked Layzner more, but VOTOMS is still amazing), as well as most of Z2's cast list. Really.Also I though Destiny was a better game overall Edited by Makaru
Misused spoiler tags

hElbrZ6.gif

Alastor ... you are awesome.

Nah, I just know my way around the genre. Go to various mecha-related sites, which I can't link to for obvious reasons.I've also picked up another series while I wait for the rest of Xabungle to be reuploaded (RIP Megaupload. ;_;7).

hwhere_are_you_going_to__when_are_you_coming_home.jpg

GUESS WHAT IT IS?

Edited by Alastor
Site/forums removed.

hElbrZ6.gif

GUESS WHAT IT IS?

A broken link.The root site has forums, though. Please upload this image to a pic hosting site like majhost or photobucket.
Whoops. Sorry about that- figures the one time I don't mirror an image it's to a forum. Fixed the link though.

hElbrZ6.gif