Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

Final episode of Bleach was aired, and I think it was really good. The ending, while similar to what I expected, managed to exceed my expectations and actually work well as an ending. If I didn't read the manga (and thus know about the current, hopefully awesome arc), I'd have very few reasons to be upset with it.Oh, and other series are ending left and right. Looks like the next season is fast approaching... Now I have to figure out which ones I'm going to watch.Personally, I can't wait to watch Medaka Box. The manga is... difficult to describe in one sentence, but I'm really looking forward to how well they adapt it.

Lacertus

Haven't been watching the Bleach anime for about two months, I'll probably catch up on it soon. It is a shame that the current arc isn't being animated, but that would mean more horribly awful filler, which nobody likes. I'd personally like another Bleach show at the end of the final arc, or a few movies based off of the manga.Anyways, now I just need to buckle down and finish Gosick, finished episode 5 about two weeks ago...

I've been marathoning Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood over the past week, and am currently on episode 43.This show is amazing. I'm definitely getting the two full-series collections when they come out.

Agreed, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is just awe inspiring. It yanked at my emotions in every way, from horror and grief to joy and hope. It's probably way FMA Brotherhood was the only anime I really got into, unless you count the original speed racer cartoon. Even just thinking about the final battle of FMA Brotherhood gives me shivers, now only was it just plain awesome, but the victory was won with the overarching themes in mind. I don't want to go into details in case someone hasn't seen it, so I will end this post now. Plus I am starting to go on and on.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The official Twitter account for Dengeki G's Magazine announced on Friday that the upcoming Dengeki Visual Arts 2012 Spring publication will feature information on a new non-game Angel Beats! project that Key writer Jun Maeda will not be involved in.

Sounds pretty interesting... Maybe a second season, perhaps?

Just finished episode 15 of Gosick.THAT ANIME IS AWESOME.And I managed to solve one of the mysteries! The veterinarian's wife killed him, although that was a bit too easy.And I knew from the start that Leviathan was black, and the whole Leviathan mystery reminded me a bit of the Phantom of the Opera.

Just finished episode 15 of Gosick.THAT ANIME IS AWESOME.And I managed to solve one of the mysteries! The veterinarian's wife killed him, although that was a bit too easy.And I knew from the start that Leviathan was black, and the whole Leviathan mystery reminded me a bit of the Phantom of the Opera.

Thanks for spoiling it.... I have to admit though, Gosick is one of the best animes I've watched in a while.

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com

Digimon is the Anime I like watching. Well watched.I hope the new series will get a good Dub though.Go and watch it, it's kinda good. My av is a Digimon actually.In reality I haven't watched that many Anime(s). I did watch tales of Earthsea, that will NEVEr leave my head now. Looked nice kiddy film. My god was I wrong. It just didn't need to be like that. Oh well. I just LOVE Digimon.Oh noNo one can figure out my puzzle. No one! MWUHAHAH

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Digimon is the Anime I like watching. Well watched.I hope the new series will get a good Dub though.Go and watch it, it's kinda good. My av is a Digimon actually.In reality I haven't watched that many Anime(s). I did watch tales of Earthsea, that will NEVEr leave my head now. Looked nice kiddy film.My god was I wrong. It just didn't need to be like that. Oh well. I just LOVE Digimon.Oh noNo one can figure out my puzzle. No one! MWUHAHAH

Wait, what puzzle is this?

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com

Let me translate for you:

• [*]He has watched the Digimon anime.[*]He hopes the new series (Digimon Xros Wars & Sequel) will have a satisfactory dub.[*]He recommends the series to us, and says that his avatar is a Digimon (Omnimon/Omegamon to be precise.)[*]He hasn't actually watched many anime series, except for something called Tales of Earthsea, which had seemed to be a good children's film.[*]He loves Digimon.[*]I have no idea what he says next.

Magic + Cats + Mecha = Masaki Andoh and the Cybuster1290998531865s.jpgcybuster.jpg

Fact: Masou Kishin only exists because Banpresto couldn't get rights for Aura Battler Dunbine for SRW 2 on the Famicom.Another Fact: There are only five Masou Kishin fans in the west. I am one of them.Yet another fact: Sei Hata Rayblade would be Hipster Masou Kishin, but there aren't enough fans for that.Also, obligatory ASAKIM DOWIN IS AN EVIL MASAKI ANDOH WITH HIS SHORYOUGA BEING A CORRUPTED CYBUSTER.

hElbrZ6.gif

Just finished Gosick.The ending was just amazing, I wasn't sure how the final episode would turn out, but it was a rather satisfying ending. Tops absolutely everything, IMO.And now I want a second season, since Gosick has some of the best mysteries ever.

Terminus, you think the ending was amazing? Watch the first ED again, paying special attention to the, uh... fourth Victorique. :PSeriously though, I loved the ending. It was quite beautiful, and probably the first ending I had seen that I honestly had no problems with. Well, aside from a similar desire to see more of the series, of course.

Lacertus

Just noticed the fourth Victorique. Kinda interesting...It's ending was great, and it was one of the 5 or so anime series I loved that didn't have a bad, unsatisfying, dissapointing, or ending that I just didn't like, or no real ending at all (Evangelion and Gurren Lagann are two examples of endings I didn't like).Although quite a few anime series with bad endings I've seen are continued in manga, I've only caught up with two (School Rumble and Full Metal Panic!).Now to start the Gosick manga, because the anime was just way too short for a huge mystery fan such as myself.

Edited by Terminus

Wellllllll, look along the borders and you'll see my puzzle. I don't recommend TOE for kids, I just at first thought it was, but now I take it back.

Edited by Matoro --- Preston=Xd

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Oh yes. As if that wasn't cool enough, the way Gilgamesh deals with the fight is even more epic. I mean, he just sits there, on his throne, dodging rockets using his Gate of Babylon and very improbable flying skills. And he does all of that whilst continuing to insult Berserker and moving not a single muscle on his face.

Edited by Blue Dragon

~Blue Dragon~

Favorite animesFull Metal AlchemistSoul Eater Bo-Bo-BoOne Piece (FUNimation dub)

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I watched it for the drills.That didn't sound at all wrong. :PEdit: While One Piece is undoubtedly awesome and well worth the effort, you've got a long, long, long trek ahead of you. Of course, you could skip the fillers (except for the G8 arc and Ice Hunters arc, those were pretty good), which would help considerably.

Edited by Despair

Lacertus