Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

You know what? I haven't watched any anime lately.So, how about this: You guys recommend me an anime series. Preferable one that's available on Hulu or some other legal streaming site.

GAI-GAI-DAIKU MARYU GAIKING.Watch it. Watch it for Proist and general awesome.And proceed to rage at the lack of DVDs.

So, what Spring Season shows are you guys watching? I narrowed my list down to Accel World and Medaka Box, but I'm curious to see what other people are watching...

Eh, really the only thing I'll probably watch is Zetman, and Eureka Seven AO if I finally see the original.Stiiiiiiiiiiill watching Dunbine, with the others on pause for now. SRWZ2 Saisei-Hen has taken most of my time this week though.

hElbrZ6.gif

My spring anime list is going to be as follows: -Sankarea-Tasogare Otome X Amnesia-Fate/Zero-Hyouka-Kore wa Zombie desu ka? Of the Dead.-Natsuiro Kiseki-Accel WorldI'm not really sure about the last three on my list, but I'm going to watch the entire season of all the others.

~Blue Dragon~

Let me guess, you were playing Compact 3 and learnt about it.

Partially true. Haven't played terribly much of Compact 3 (only played the first stage), but did stumble across a summary when I was looking up a list of what Spirit Commands are in that game. Probably will finish it after I finish F/F Final.

hElbrZ6.gif

And watch the J9 series. Because everyone loves a team of people who drive a car that absorbs energy from alternate universes to become a giant robot.

The guy subbing Braiger is just plain not human, man. Wish L-Gaim and Layzner had him working on them.

hElbrZ6.gif

An addition for my earlier question: Recommend me some animes with great dubs. I don't watch subtitled stuff due to me being an ignorant philistine. :biggrin:

Uh, Death Note has a good dub. Besides that, almost everything is better in the subbed version :/

"Sometimes, others must help you find happiness."

Only time I ever watch subs is if it isn't readily available dubbed, so there are a ton of shows I've loved that I've yet to see subbed.Generally, I like dubs unless they are done by Viz- I hated both the Bleach and Naruto dubs, best they ever did was Death Note.

Instead of listing shows that have good dubs one at a time, how about we simply say that there are many good dubs out there, but since "good" is a subjective term it all boils down to personal preference?Personally, I prefer dubs. It's easier to multitask when I don't have to constantly glance at the screen in order to read the subtitles. :P

Lacertus

Besides that, almost everything is better in the subbed version :/

FLCL. Your argument is invalid.Nah, I'm just kidding. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, even if disagree with it.
Yeah, I almost always watch subs instead of the dubs, so I'm an a teensy bit biased.

"Sometimes, others must help you find happiness."

Just started reading the School Rumble Manga, as the anime was one of the greatest things to happen to comedy, in my opinion. Now I see that they changed the anime quite a bit from the manga (most likely to make it more family-friendly), although I still greatly enjoy both (unlike most series with very easily noticeable differences between the anime and manga)

Just finished Guilty Crown and am waiting for Mirai Nikki (Future Dairy) to finish up this week

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Just saw the final episode of Bleach, it was pretty good. I hope that the final arc gets animated eventually, though.That said, I'm planning on watching Black Butler II, Black Rock Shooter, and A Certain Magical Index soon.Also, the Bakuman manga will be ending next week in Japan, which means there are about three chapters left in Shonen Jump Alpha, was kinda hoping it would go on a bit more, but it's at a great place to end. At least I'll have about 10 volumes to read, since I've only read the GN format and SJA releases of Bakuman. I do hope that their next work is just as fantastic.And I started Index, really like it, I'm four episodes in.

Edited by Terminus

*listens to Kamichu! soundtrack*ah, why couldn't i have rememered how awesome this show was earlier? I do hope Funination somehow comes up with a rerelease of it since the Geneon release has been discontinued. I'll probably end up getting it through ebay or something anyway...

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Finally started reading Shin Getter Robo while I wait for the next few chapters of Getter Robo Ark and Anthologies to be scanlated and I start reading those too.AW MAN. GETTER JUST CAN'T BE NOT-AWESOME CAN IT?

Getter is so awesome that they created the Getter Emperor in an attempt to top all that awesome.

Finished the second season of Index, hope that it'll have a third season. It left off at an interesting part, and I'm not sure how far the Manga is compared to the Anime, and the Light Novels are only in Japanese...Anyways, not sure what I'll watch next. Probably Steins;Gate.

I'd think that there would be enough material, since the original novel series has already finished at 22 volumes. I know the first anime season covers about the first six volumes, the second season ends around volume 13 and covers the first SS volume, and I'd doubt that 9 volumes could be covered in one season. But, two seasons could cover both the rest of the first Novel series and some of New Testament, so they could be waiting for that...

Edited by Terminus

Started Steins;Gate, actually been meaning to start it for a couple months. Pretty interesting, especially with the whole microwave/time-machine thingy. It starts out kinda like a standard sci-fi show, a bunch of college kids making gadgets and stuff in a lab, and then they end up making a cool thing that turns out to be a time machine. It picks up after a few episodes, and the dead center (end of episode 12, beginning of 13) of the series has a huge twist, which is a driving force in the series for around ten episodes... Have four episodes left, it's pretty good so far.

Edited by Terminus