Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

5 inches. But it also cost $60, figma figures are a bit more expensive than others. And yes, it is Mami from Madoka..Compared to my Cloud Play Arts, which was $30 and highly detailed, and about 1.5 inches taller. However, it has about 30 less parts. :P

So, I finished Lucky Star the other day, and now I'm trying to find something else to watch. Any of you have recommendations? As long as the anime isn't too long (like over 50 episodes), I'll be happy. I'll watch just about any genre, too. ^_^

tsubasa_st_eng_banner_petals.jpg

Credit goes to Saya for the banner!

I fully endorse Steins;Gate as well. Nichijou is a great choice for comedy with heart, Fate/Zero and Madoka are dark and amazing, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will make you a man, and FMA: Brotherhood is still the best anime I've ever seen.

doctor-who-premier.jpg

The first episode of Fate/Zero does a decent job of explaining the premise, so no you don't need to watch Fate/stay night. The end will make a lot more sense if you watch Fate/stay night, but again, it's not necessary.Also the first episode is about 50 minutes, while the rest are normal length.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I've decided to watch Panty and Stocking next.Mainly because I saw the clip referencing transformers, and thought it was hilarious.Well, halfway through PSG and... Yeah, you can tell it's Gainax. Although it's much more mature, er, immature than pretty much everything else I've seen by them. I'd bet that a few people who worked on it have played Bayonetta, reminds me a good bit of it.And Evangelion 3.0 comes out in theaters in a little over 5 months! Exciting!

Edited by Terminus

I've decided to watch Panty and Stocking next.Mainly because I saw the clip referencing transformers, and thought it was hilarious.Well, halfway through PSG and... Yeah, you can tell it's Gainax. Although it's much more mature, er, immature than pretty much everything else I've seen by them. I'd bet that a few people who worked on it have played Bayonetta, reminds me a good bit of it.And Evangelion 3.0 comes out in theaters in a little over 5 months! Exciting!
PSG is amazing.The wait for 3.0 to be dubbed is gonna kill me, I refuse to watch it subbed.

I'd expect an early 2014/possibly late 2013 release for 3.0, as Funimation released 2.22 under a year after its Japanese DVD release.In that time, I expect a few good releases from Funimation to keep me occupied, namely A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Strike Witches Season 2, and Steins;Gate. And I hope that they license Gosick. I trust Funimation the most with dubs, and I don't want a bad dub to ruin Gosick, and I'm not a huge fan of sub-only releases, as I usually have to find my glasses to watched subbed anime on TV.

Just finished PSG. I hope that there's a second season, the ending basically required it... I mean, it said "To be continued in season 2"... But it's been a while and there hasn't been any news on that...Anyways, anyone else hear about the new Sailor Moon anime? I'm somewhat interested, didn't like the old one for various reasons (I've yet to see an anime from before '95 that I like), but I recently started reading the manga and like it, so I think that the reboot might be pretty good...And I've taken a liking to watching magical girl series since I saw Madoka, anyways.

Edited by Terminus

• 4 weeks later...

There's no official news on a third season of Haruhi, so nobody even knows if it exists.Anyways, found out there might be a fourth season of Full Metal Panic, most likely based on the Full Metal Panic: Another series, as it's a secret project related to Another.And A Certain Magical Index gets released on DVD in October. FINALLY!

I want to know your opinion on Birdy, because that's somewhere on my to-watch list.
It's good, and I like how each season partly focuses on the main characters, Tsutomu for the first, Birdy for the second. The second season is also really gruesome in violence, not that it should be detracting. Pretty good humor, like Birdy always destroys some car a guy buys to replace the one she destroyed before or Tsutomu talking to Birdy, which looks like he's talking to himself.

The Master of Tediosness

Watched the entirety of Azumanga Daioh. Loved it.
Watcing that now, actually.
Currently searching for the 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-Oh GX.
I loved it.I watched quite afew shows recently...Neon genisis evangelion, Gurren Lagann, lucky star, the melencholy of Haruhi Suzimiya, and FLCL..I quite like Haruhi. Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

I quite like Haruhi.
Well, I hope you can deal (or already dealt with) with Endless 8 well.
I watched all those seres in a week.so yeah, I already saw that.
So did you find it agonizing or not to watch?
Well, I thought it was boring as heck..But you started noticing things like, oh, Haruhi's wearing a pokadot bikini now. or, last time, koizumi was wearing white jeans when they were talking about the time loop.

Gamers rise up, not down

Yes. I even went in with low expectations and still found it ridiculously agonizing. The whole time I could only think of the poor people who had watched it before it was given the name "Endless Eight". They could only hope that that week's episode would finally be the end of the loop, and for seven weeks they were proven wrong again and again.It must have been awful.

Lacertus

I quite like Haruhi.
Well, I hope you can deal (or already dealt with) with Endless 8 well.
I watched all those seres in a week.so yeah, I already saw that.
Well, I thought it was boring as heck..But you started noticing things like, oh, Haruhi's wearing a pokadot bikini now. or, last time, koizumi was wearing white jeans when they were talking about the time loop.
Noticing all the little different things is what kept me going.

The Master of Tediosness

Wow, it's been ages since I've been on here...^^;Well, I'm onto Blue Exorcist and Blood-C (Finally, FUNimation is dubbing Blood-C while Aniplex is dubbing Blue Exorcist! :biggrin: ) along with the movie seuqels, Blood-C: The Last Dark and the upcoming Blue Exorcist Film this winter! :biggrin: (Anyone watch those series?) I still have to watch NO. 6 and Tiger & Bunny...XD

For the Team! - Rin Matsuoka

tumblr_nc7x2n2uJ61so9j7zo1_500.png

How could anyone stand watching the whole Endless Eight arc? ~shudders~ I only watched one episode of it...

Well, I'm onto Blue Exorcist and Blood-C (Finally, FUNimation is dubbing Blood-C while Aniplex is dubbing Blue Exorcist! :biggrin: ) along with the movie seuqels, Blood-C: The Last Dark and the upcoming Blue Exorcist Film this winter! :biggrin: (Anyone watch those series?) I still have to watch NO. 6 and Tiger & Bunny...XD
Exorcist and Blood-C are both getting dubbed? o.o ~looks up info~ I think I'd stick to the subbed version of Blue Exorcist. I can't imagine Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Yukio... :PBy the way, has anyone here watched Eureka Seven? I'm thinking about giving it a shot... Edited by TheJake

tsubasa_st_eng_banner_petals.jpg

Credit goes to Saya for the banner!

How could anyone stand watching the whole Endless Eight arc? ~shudders~ I only watched one episode of it...
Well, I'm onto Blue Exorcist and Blood-C (Finally, FUNimation is dubbing Blood-C while Aniplex is dubbing Blue Exorcist! :biggrin: ) along with the movie seuqels, Blood-C: The Last Dark and the upcoming Blue Exorcist Film this winter! :biggrin: (Anyone watch those series?) I still have to watch NO. 6 and Tiger & Bunny...XD
Exorcist and Blood-C are both getting dubbed? o.o ~looks up info~ I think I'd stick to the subbed version of Blue Exorcist. I can't imagine Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Yukio... :PBy the way, has anyone here watched Eureka Seven? I'm thinking about giving it a shot...
XD Well, it doesn't sound that bad. I prefer the dub or raw anyway since I am too lazy for subtitles...XDBut yes, Blood-C is licensed by FUNimation and I knew that lots of people disliked Blood-C to its very core...but hearing that it's getting a dub was really exciting! :biggrin:

For the Team! - Rin Matsuoka

tumblr_nc7x2n2uJ61so9j7zo1_500.png

Just watched the latest episode of Kokoro Connect, it was one of the most suspenseful anime episodes I've seen in a long time, although I was kind of expecting how it turned out.Anyways, it's turning to be out interesting, it's gotten better with each episode, and I hope that continues.And Strike Witches Season 2 is apparently coming out October 2. I'm pretty sure that they've gotten all of the legal stuff out of the way, but if they do push the release date back again, I'll at least have Steins;Gate and Index to hold me over.

Edited by III. Xaldin

Forgot all about the LC OVA, I want to try the visual novel, but I'm nervous about it as the anime only really had the visuals and music going for it, and the story was like a mediocre reimagining of Code Geass, which I was very glad to see about a month or so ago... Whatever, I'm off to see the OVA now.Anyways, just finished the OVA, it really just felt like a preview for the VN, it had a short, basic plot (if you can call it that) and it didn't seem as flashy as the series. Hovever, the chainsaw void was awesome, it was better than all the ones in the series.Aaand the cast list for Index was released, not as good as I was hoping, so I'll put it off for a while. Anyways, I wouldn't have had any extra money for it, since Strike Witches 2 and Steins;Gate 1 come out within a month of Index...

Edited by III. Xaldin

• 3 weeks later...