• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Anime General Thread (Official)

• Please log in to reply
1541 replies to this topic

#1521 Online Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Tracer

• 13,188 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 04:16 PM

I guess I'm just weird then. Because I now despise Slaine, hated the finale, and do not at all look forward to seeing him (potentially) as the main protagonist of the next season.

Spoiler

Tokyo Ghoul was also just not a finale to me. You.. you just don't end on that! It's super intense and all, but there's this huge fight going on! I wanted more resolution.

Hopefully Zankyou no Terror, which I'll be watching soon, won't disappoint as well...

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Sep 25 2014 - 04:17 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#1522 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 05:57 PM

I see Aldnoah going two ways next season:

Spoiler

Anyways, finished Rail Wars and Glasslip, and also Chaika for next season. Rail Wars ended on one of it's weaker episodes, I was fine completely forgetting that Iida was part of Takayama's harem, and then I'm assuming unnamed train employee girl who helps him out over the course of the episode joins too (I assume), because that's how things work. Also, after the past few episodes, fixing trains is probably the least exciting thing they could come up with to end the show on.

Glasslip left more than a few questions unanswered, and just kinda seemed to end. Of course, through the entirety of the show it never really seemed to be too good at that, so not much of a surprise there.

Chaika was pretty fun, probably the one of the best shonen action fantasy anime I've seen in a while. Pacing was pretty good, the characters are mostly likeable, and the last episode had some really interesting twists to get me excited for the second season. Only disappointment is that now I won't be able to marathon the second season...

khsora546.png

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Steam: terminus2495 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me
Currently Playing: ~ Super Smash Bros. 4
~

My Anime List ~ My PSN Profile

Always up for a few rounds of Smash 3DS

#1523 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,942 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 06:41 PM

Spoiler

I still need to watch the final episodes of Free! and ZnT. So many shows have ended. It feels nice.

#1524 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 08:28 PM

Spoiler

khsora546.png

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN ID: khsora546 / Steam: terminus2495 / Nintendo Network: Terminus2495 / PM Me to add me
~

#1525 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,942 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 10:22 PM

Spoiler

All this talk of the important parts of Aldnoah have made me forget to comment on how wonderfully, magnificently, cheesily stupid Saazbaum's ALL YOUR POWERS COMBINED kataphrakt is. God. It was amazing. I could not stop laughing once it became clear that's what it was. It makes no sense! And it's so great.

I finally got around to watching the last Free! and ZnT

Free! was kinda stupid and melodramatic as it usually is, really have no idea why they thought it a good idea to devote any portion of the final episode to a recap, but if there's something Free! has never had a shortage of, it's meaningless fluff, so ok. Whatever. A good episode and finale, otherwise. I'm just glad I don't have to look at Mako's face anymore. It looks so irritating and punchable, it was getting pretty distracting. (there's an ova coming out apparently, and i am so unhappy)

ZnT....I have no idea what to think about ZnT

Spoiler

It also bears noting that ZnT held onto its godawful engrish until the bitter end. Free! had much better english in one episode alone than ZnT had in the entire thing,  and Free! is just some fanservice anime about swimming dudes. ZnT really disappointed in so many fronts.

The english in Free! did accentuate what a fantastic voice actor Miyano Mamoru is, though. He's basically the best. Not like whoever did Five. That person is basically the worst.

#1526 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 04:19 PM

Kirito FINALLY defeated Death Gun this week. I was thinking "oh, he's gonna defeat Death Gun this week!" for the last three or so weeks, so it's good to see it finally happen. Then, it happened.

Spoiler

And Persona 4 Golden ended. I had to laugh at the pacing in the last episode, jumping from a few days before the final battle to the end of the final battle (once again, glossing over all the important bits, as usual). I feel the series could have been done much better by leaving out the main P4 story and being just a comedy of P4's side stories (because it actually did a decent job of that), as the awful rendition of the P4 story just ruined it for me. Just hoping the inevitable P4 Arena anime is much better.

khsora546.png

~

#1527 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,942 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 05:39 PM

That episode of SAOII surprised me, because I didn't hate it. I think that's the first time since episode 3 that SAOII hasn't left me feeling unending contempt. I wouldn't say I liked it, but at least for this series, it was a good one.

Spoiler

#1528 Online Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 13,188 posts

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 05:49 PM

The rest of the season has to be Mother's Rosario. There's no way they could squeeze any part of Underworld into less than half a season. So at least we'll have a break from the uncomfortable stuff for that story arc... (Because Underworld may or may not use it too... *sigh* Reki just really can't seem to do a story without it, unfortunately.) I am definitely looking forward to it.

Shinkawa is more tolerable than Sugou by a long shot, but even then of course nobody should really like him. But he is a better character.

----

I happen to have liked Zankyou no Terror's finale. It was like a blessing from the bad finales I had been watching to see something that actually felt like a conclusion and didn't (entirely) infuriate me.

Spoiler

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Sep 27 2014 - 05:50 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

#1529 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,942 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 06:46 PM

Oh and the fall season is officially starting up. Just finished watching the first episode of Terra Formars. As a first episode, it was weird. As just an episode, I felt it was pretty interesting. Putting aside the horrible censors (like for reels this is even worse than Tokyo Ghoul) and a weird kinda of subverted fanservice, it's definitely enjoyable. I think I will enjoy Terra Formars.

(i wish the mexican characters looked slightly more mexican

also one of them is called alex. that's my name. he is giving me a bad name)

#1530 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2014 - 09:48 AM

Decided to fill the rest of the Summer-Fall gap with Psycho-Pass. Considering that I really like crime dramas, I'm surprised I didn't check this out sooner.

... And of course, this means I've added Psycho-Pass 2 to my fall watchlist. Which is currently hovering at about 15 shows.

khsora546.png

~

#1531 Offline LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 42 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2014 - 08:14 PM

15 shows? You're doin' it right! I have 17 myself.

I do wanna check out Psycho-Pass at some point. Maybe after Durarara. I wanna finish it before the new season starts in January.

By the way, has anyone here seen A Certain Magical Index and its sequels? What did you think?

MOCer, Writer, Bookworm, Gamer, and Otaku extraordinaire!

deviantART * FanFiction.net * Tumblr

My Anime Watchlist * Steam * 3DS Friend Code: 3797-7406-2419 (PM to add me!)

Currently Playing:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf * Smash 3DS Demo * Zelda: Link's Awakening DX * Portal

Currently Reading:

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope- Ian Doescher * Small Pieces, Loosely Joined- David Weinberger * Mere Christianity- C.S. Lewis

#1532 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,942 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2014 - 10:21 PM

I only have 7 shows in my fall watchlist. Though one is leftover from summer and another one already started. And one is juts a five minute kind of thing....

I'm making a lot of progress on some manga (Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and Hourou Musuko) and oh man are they ever some of the best I've read. they're so great. I'm just sad that more of the latest SoreMachi hasn't been translated. Also making ok progress on Robotics;Notes. Although it really really doesn't feel like a science adventure story, it's a fine show on its own.

#1533 Offline Elric of Melnibone

Elric of Melnibone
  • Members
  • Toa

• 147 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 04 2014 - 06:20 PM

G-Reco is pretty great so far.

hElbrZ6.gif

#1534 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 04 2014 - 08:01 PM

So, I finally got on fall stuff (even though only one show I'm watching aired before today). Fate/stay night is easily my favorite so far, the first episode was a pretty good adaptation of the VN's prologue, and the animation is a huge improvement over both the F/SN anime and the UBW movie.
I'm also watching Denki-Gai and I Can't Understand What my Husband is Saying, both are rather funny so far.
And World Trigger makes me want to take back anything I've ever said about Sailor Moon Crystal looking bad, because I assume that's where Toei allocated WT's budget. It's probably one of the worst animated shows I've seen made in at least the past 10 years, almost to the point where I might drop it. Kinda sucks because it's one of the five Jump manga I actually follow, and I was hoping it would at least be a well-animated animation.

And as for leftovers from summer, SAOII had probably it's best character-focused episode of the season.
Spoiler
Overall, generally a pretty good ending to the GGO arc. So after next week's recap, Calibur is next, with Mother's Rosario finishing off the season.

khsora546.png

~

#1535 Offline LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 42 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2014 - 05:00 PM

Nice start to the fall season.

Terra Formars had a good start. A nice introduction to the characters and concept. Plus that was a good twist in Ep. 2, never would have seen that coming.

Denki-Gai no Honya-San looks pretty funny. It's in the unfortunate position of airing just after Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (probably the best comedy of last season) ended. They have similar themes, and the first episode even had a segment about some characters making a manga in their apartment.

G-Reco was... odd. It may just be that I haven't seen any Gundam before, but I had a hard time of telling what was going on. Very nice animation though.

Magic Kaito's premiere was PERFECT. It looks like this series'll directly adapt at least part of the manga. Next episode is the Blue Birthday case, which is one of my favorites.

I'm also following Cross Ange, Celestial Method, and Vanadis, plus a few others that haven't aired yet. This is looking to be a good fall season.

Currently Playing:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf * Smash 3DS Demo * Zelda: Link's Awakening DX * Portal

Currently Reading:

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope- Ian Doescher * Small Pieces, Loosely Joined- David Weinberger * Mere Christianity- C.S. Lewis

#1536 Offline Elric of Melnibone

Elric of Melnibone
  • Members
  • Toa

• 147 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2014 - 10:11 PM

G-Reco was... odd. It may just be that I haven't seen any Gundam before, but I had a hard time of telling what was going on. Very nice animation though.

Yeah, it helps if you've seen past Tomino Gundam series. Like, a lot.

hElbrZ6.gif

#1537 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2014 - 10:40 PM

Well, I've started pretty much everything I was planning on watching this fall, overall it's rather good.

F/SN, Psycho-Pass, Parasyte, Inou-Battle and Chaika round out my top 5 for first episodes, and the first three are ones I'd really recommend.

Nothing got as bad as World Trigger, thankfully, although I think that if I keep on watching it my opinions on everything else will just be better. Usually what happens when I'm watching an awful adaptation of a series I really enjoy.

I was considering watching Terraformars, but after hearing how heavily censored it is, I'll wait. Half blacked-out action scenes are barely watchable in my book, pretty much no matter what.

khsora546.png

~

#1538 Online Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 13,188 posts

Posted Oct 12 2014 - 05:20 PM

Alrighty, everything I'm watching this season (as of now) has started properly, so... First impressions:

Log Horizon: I so love that they kept the same opening theme. I just really like that song. This show so far feels like there wasn't even a gap at all and they just carried on, which is cool. Except for that weird opening of the first episode of the season which clearly seemed to be some flash forward or sideways stuff and just kind of made more questions or spoiled things to come than it really should have...

Fate/Stay Night: Ah, sweet, sweet continuity! All of the continuity nods thus far have been incredible. If they keep up the tension between Sakura and Rin, have Illya actually respond to Shirou sharing the same last name, and maybe even throw Waver in somehow, I will be one very happy fan. But ignoring those bits (because of course the original would have suffered by not having some of those events as clearly outlined yet, so it's not an entirely fair comparison.. except the Sakura/Rin stuff. I hated how their relationship was just ignored), it's still good. The preview episode from Rin's perspective was fantastic and I wish we'd get more of that. Because of that, the first episode with Shirou really felt rushed, despite being double the length of a normal episode. So if you hadn't watched the original, I'd understand being a little confused because we didn't get a good impression of him yet. That should change in time though.

Psycho-Pass 2: Ehhh... Simply did not wow me like the beginning of the first season. It wasn't necessarily bad, but I didn't feel the hook. I guess that stems from my problem with the end of the season where Akane just acted like nothing was wrong. And even though there was a hint of her knowing the truth of the world, it for the most part continue to have her pretend 100% that she doesn't and it felt boring as a result.

Also did not know SAOII this week going to be a recap episode, but I still suffered through it all for some reason even after realizing about a minute in. :lol:

Edited by Electric Turahk, Oct 20 2014 - 02:37 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

#1539 Offline LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 42 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 02:07 PM

Quick question about the new Fate/stay night: do I understand correctly that it's a reboot and thus I can watch it without seeing the previous series? OR is there a connection between the two?

Currently Playing:

Currently Reading:

#1540 Online Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 13,188 posts

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 02:14 PM

Quick question about the new Fate/stay night: do I understand correctly that it's a reboot and thus I can watch it without seeing the previous series? OR is there a connection between the two?

It's not exactly a reboot... As a visual novel, Fate/Stay Night just has multiple routes. The anime airing now is simply following a different route than the other and thus doesn't require any prior knowledge because it's still going to follow in the same steps of introducing everyone up until the point of divergence, while still telling a complete story.

Watching Fate/Zero, on the other hand, I would highly recommend. While also not necessary, one of the goals of doing a new Stay Night was to make them feel more like a unified world and the nods so far to Zero have been pretty cool.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Oct 20 2014 - 02:15 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

#1541 Online namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,404 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 02:19 PM

So...

Nothing's piquing my interest.

I might give Magic Kaito, UBW, and Reconguista a try, but I'm somewhat ambivalent. Psycho-Pass might be interesting, byt i might end up marathoning the first season as well. Might also check out the more widget series for kicks. As for everything else... That one music drama series might be good in its own way, but everything else is just meh.

Antidermis: 50% pit mutagen, 50% questionable Ga-Koro water. We now know the secrets of Makuta's servants.

#1542 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2014 - 05:27 PM

If I remember correctly, in one of the trailers/announcements/whatever a while back, it was stated that the new F/SN is going to be structured as a sequel to Zero, so I'd definitely recommend Zero, and the other series could be ignored (ESPECIALLY the UBW movie. Just... stay away from that.).

Anyways, I'm hoping that once they get UBW and Heaven's Feel out of the way, they'll go ahead and do a Hollow Ataraxia adaptation. Because I don't see myself playing the VN unless the Vita port gets localized.

khsora546.png

~

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users