Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

I had completely forgotten that End of Eva actually made them experience the damage Evas took (since in the series they only felt pain but weren't actually injured).I rewatched the scene and saw her arm sliced in half, so no, I guess she couldn't have survived.I don't know what you mean about Shinji being an Angel, he isn't. Rei/Lilith (I think) explains that anyone can reform their physical body if they want to.

Well yes, but what I meant is that Shinji doesn't haven any special abilities or anything, since the entire species is considered Angels. It's not like he possesses any unique abilities that would allow him to bring back dead people.On that topic, I never understood designating Lilin as the 18th Angel, as all other Angels spawned from Adam.

Edited by HAZMAT

Hot-bloodedness only. Mari can not compare to Team Dai-Gurren's super awesome and GAR leader, a man of spirit! A paragon of masculinity! The mighty KAMINA!Anyway, after seeing 2.0, I can't wait until 3.0 comes out, probably because I'm wondering what exactly Kaworu/Tabris/Moon-Man is doing this time.

Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

Well according to a site I am not allowed to mention here, people consider her a deconstruction of a Mary Sue. Makes sense too, with all the Sue-ish qualities. Anno must be poking fun at them instead of causing our minds to blow up.I mean, look at the name! You could pronounce them the same in English if you want! Mari and Mary.And besides, what sane person other than a fanfic writer would name someone Mari Illustrious Makinami?

The latest episode of Guilty Crown reminded me a bit of Evangelion, with all the psychological stuff going on with Shu...It's getting rather interesting now...Also started Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I had absolutely no idea what to expect going into it, but I like it so far.

Edited by Terminus24

Anyway, if you guys have seen End of Evangelion, how did you feel after watching it?

"Anno, you troll."Other than that, my reaction was '...Meh. Saw it coming as soon as I read the main influences.'Seriously, when you list Devilman and Ideon as major influences on your magnum opus, savvy viewers are gonna know everyone dies a messy, horrible death.

Anyway, have you guys seen Evangelion 2.0 yet?

Own it. Mari is awesome. It is amazing.

Anyway, after seeing 2.0, I can't wait until 3.0 comes out, probably because I'm wondering what exactly Kaworu/Tabris/Moon-Man is doing this time.

Cryptic references to the original series and the other AUs, subtext, and being bishie.Callin' it right now.

hElbrZ6.gif

Or Kaworu is going to actually be awesome, like stopping Third Impact at the very, very end of 2.0, post-credits by stabbing Unit 01.Due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea how to use spoiler tags, I have changed the colour of the words.

Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

Never seen C3 before. Only heard of it just now.Anyway, do you guys think they'll make a movie for the Heaven's Feel route of Fate/Stay night? I mean, they made an Unlimited Blade Works one, and the anime mostly follows the Fate route.Why is there no love for Heaven's Feel?Other than that, I'll be off watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies if you need me.

I think it's because HF has a notably darker theme than Fate and UBW, so making it into an anime would require much axing of the story. If anything, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia has a higher chance of being turned into an animeAnd regarding C3, I can really recommend it, but don't get turned of it after watching its first episode. Things are much more interesting in the second.

~Blue Dragon~

So you're saying making a Heaven's Feel anime would be like making the travesty of a Tsukihime anime?And also, if they make Fate/Hollow ataraxia an anime they'll have probably have to make a Fate/Extra anime as well.

Why, if I may ask? Last time I checked, F/E was a fighting game and F/HA was a VN sequel to F/SN. If I were to make a anime, the choice would be pretty obvious.

~Blue Dragon~

Good point, they'd make a Hollow ataraxia anime first. They might make a Fate/Extra one, seeing that it's got a rather okay plot.But anyway, let us move on from the Nasuverse discussion and onto something else.Like who would win in a battle between the Getter Emperor, the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Demonbane.

Just finished episode 11 of Guilty Crown, just waiting for next week's finale... There were a few characters who died, and I especially wasn't expecting the last death in the episode... Now I'm quite excited for the second season... Now I just need to finish PMMM, and I will have completed every anime that I am currently watching.

Edited by Terminus24