Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

I decided to make a list of stuff I've seen, only can think of about 1/3 of it now... The *s mean I haven't finished it yet.Guilty CrownStrike WitchesSoul EaterGurren LagannBirdy the Mighty: DecodeFullmetal AlchemistFullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBleachIron Man*School RumbleFinal Fantasy UnlimitedFinal Fantasy VII: Last OrderInuyasha*SkygirlsBlack Butler*Angel Beats!Full Metal Panic!Full Metal Panic?: FumoffuFull Metal Panic!: The Second RaidBakuman*Neon Genesis EvangelionRebuild of EvangelionNaruto*Naruto: Shippuden*Death Note*Puella Magi Madoka MagicaRozen Maiden*FLCLDeath Note*RidebackCorpse Princess*Trigun*Gunslinger Girl*Devil May Cry*Xenosaga*Buso Renkin*And I somehow managed to watch 20 episodes of Black Butler yesterday, although that wasn't as crazy as watching School Rumble in its entirety, all in one day. 56 episodes in 24 hours, not doing that again anytime soon...

Edited by Makaru
Unnecessary spoiler removed.

Hrm, I think I've lost interest in anime. I remember I used to be big on it, loving pretty much all that comes my way. Stopped watching for a bit and now just tried watching Wolf's Rain and I'm...Really, really disappointed. I found out about it from an amv, which probably wasn't the best place to start, as it gave it a completely different atmosphere. When I expected something fairly pleasant about wolves and humans, what I got was some grimdark thing about wolves who pose as humans and spend most of their time doing so, whilst getting introduced to the stereotypical "I have no friends" guy, who seems to be in every single anime ever, as well as your traditional angsty supporting cast.It's a pity to say that, as I used to enjoy it, but I can't think of a single anime I could watch now that would appeal. It doesn't help that all my friends suggest to me is High School stuff with Ecchi elements, which I don't see the humour in.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

@Hubert: I actually am not going to compile the whole list...I'm just putting ones in that i remembered last night(i was half alseep) when you made your list.Thereare a few others but either they are really embarassing (Sailor Moon) or just that they were..crazy enough that i shouldn't have watched them for my own sanity.(which means i'm very heasitent about showing them)EDIT: found out about a anime coming out this febuary. Smile PreCure. From what i read about it it's very interesting. maybe i'll watch it.

Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

My list. It's not everything, but it's most.And this is only the things I've finished, counting sequels under the original name.Kamichu!K-On!Neon Genesis EvangelionTo Aru Majutsu no IndexTo Aru Kagaku no RailgunMai HiMEPuella Magi Madoka MagicaBaka to Test to ShoukanjuuCode GeassStar DriverWolf's RainGundam 00Eureka SevenMacross FrontierGurren LagannZero no TsukaimaDantalian no Shoka•Modern Magic Made SimpleBen-tōFate/stay nightFate/ZeroSky GirlsSora wo Kakeru ShōjoGosickSteins;GateSora no WotoLucky StarAngel Beats!Toradora!ClannadHellsingYumekui MerryKurokamiInfinite StratosC3Mashiro-Iro SymphonyNichijouMelancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaShakugan no ShanaDragon CrisisThe World God Only KnowsDearSChobitsSpice and WolfCowboy BebopBakemonogatariKatanagatariShinryaku! Ika MusumeBroken BladeHidan no AriaMaria HolicDenpa Onna to Seishun OtokoFractaleKami-sama Dolls[C] - Money of Soul etcetcetcKore wa Zombie desu ka?Sora no OtoshimonoEden of the EastExcel SagaDeadman WonderlandArakawa Under the BridgeAsobi ni Iku Yo!Asu no YoichiDance in the Vampire BundIkoku Meiro no CroiséeKaichou wa Maid-samaKämpferMidori no HibiMnemosyneMoshidoraOreimoRosario + VampireTiger & BunnyNogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Edited by Makaru
Unnecessary spoiler removed.
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I rarely watch anime, but I just caught wind of a new series, Sakamichi no Apollon, that I might check out.

ImageSynopsis:
Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student' date=' he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bare it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.[/quote']Staff:Director: Shinichirou Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)Script: Ayako Kato, Yuuko Kakihara (Stitch TV series)Character Design: Nobuteru Yuuki (Vision of Escaflowne, Chrono Cross)Supervising Animation Director: Yoshimitsu Yamashita (House of Five Leaves, Hyouge Mono)Music: Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus)Animation Production: MAPPA (New Madhouse, not Badhouse) /Tezuka ProductionsBroadcast Details:Starts April 2012 on FujiTV, in the noitaminA slot.Official Site: http://www.noitamina-apollon.com/Trailer: http://www.noitamina...mp4/pv_ver1.mp4
A jazz-focused series directed by Watanabe with Kanno scoring? Yes please. Bebop was one of the few anime series I watched, and Yoko Kanno is always a good thing.
Edited by Makaru
large quoted image removed

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Finished Gundam Wing yesterday... Still don't get why they redesigned the Gundams for the OVA but I'm not complaining. Starting on Seed; kinda meh so far, especially compared to some of the UC series. Whiny protagonist, but no Bright Noa to slap him into line...

They do have three Char Clones though.

Has anyone else seen the Broken Blade movie series?It's a mecha series with some fantasy elements, and isn't all flashy sci-fi.The plot suffers a bit closer to the end, but it's still fairly decent, and everything else (art/animation and music) more than make up for it.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Okay, i was looking at manga releases today when one called Eureka Seven Ao, was just now started, so i read it. It's a direct sequal to Eureka Seven and there will be an anime Adaption in April this year.From reading the manga i can see that this takes place definently after the events of Erueka Seven. Will be looking at this one for a while.(the manga just came out today.

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

Yeah, I can't wait for Ao.Speaking of Eureka Seven, Xam'd is also by Bones and is definitely influenced by E7.I finished watching it yesterday and thought it was really good. IT ACTUALLY HAS A REAL CONCLUSION. Unlike every show ever where they just have the last five minutes or so of the last episode for a conclusion, this thing has FIFTEEN MINUTES at the very least. So it doesn't leave you with a BLUH feeling because it ACTUALLY FINISHES THE SHOW AND DOESN'T LEAVE LOOSE ENDS.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I just came to the conclusion that the spring 212 anime season is going to be awesome. Why, you ask? Well, for starters, the second half of Fate/Zero. The first part was just build-up to this, so I'm expecting a lot of it. Then, for added randomness, Kore wa Zobie Desu ka? Of the dead. Following that, in the manga adaptations department, is Sakarea and Tasogare Otome X Amnesia. While I'm not expecting them to stay faithful to the source works, due there not being a lot of it, but a anime adaptation of two of my favorite manga can't possibly be not awesome. Not far from those two is Hyouka. I'm not familiar with the original light novel, but I really like it's 'mystery' premise. Rounding all of this off is Accel World. In other words, this season isn't even halfway and I'm already looking forward to April.

~Blue Dragon~

The first twelve episodes went really up and down (12 was the absolute low point of the series, IMO) they all felt sort of disconnected, and the all-knowing Gai sorta just got annoying, with knowing exactly what and when things would happen- but the last couple of episodes are a huge improvement, not only because Gai is dead (even though I liked him, he was detracting from the series), but also because it puts everyone in a real life-or-death situation, with Zone 7 being in lockdown, with the GHQ ready to kill everyone in an instant, instead of Funeral Parlor just going after random GHQ stuff. So basically, it's a middle-of-the road anime from episodes 3-11, awful at 12, and really good from 13-on. I do enjoy it a lot, though. Worth watching for the battles, which are really well done most of the time. Story is sketchy but followable, much better after ep. 12, when it becomes more clear/just better.Also, anyone else read the Angel Beats: Heaven's Door Manga? So far a pretty good prequel to the anime, maybe there's potential for a second season (although I'm kinda doubting that).

Edited by Terminus24

Weird thing is, it was all set, as far as I know. It was less than a month away from release, then they push it back seven more months after it had already been pushed back to Feb. 2012 from 2011. Oh well... Well I'll be able to pick up the PMMM DVDs as they come out, anyways (even though they are ridiculously overpriced, IMO, $30 for 4 episodes on DVD is a bit much, but it was a good enough series to make me pay that for it)Also nearly done with Trigun, going to watch Gosick or Steins;Gate next...

Funimation is really, really bad with promises. I've been wanting to see Index and Railgun for a while (I've just been waiting for the DVDs), but I might just go and watch them after I finish Gosick and Steins;Gate, really have nothing new to watch after that...But I'm surprised (and just don't get) that a release less than one month away would get pushed back over half a year...

The whole Bandai thing is a mess. At least the anime will get licensed soon (hopefully).And I'm quite annoyed with SJ Alpha. This means no more Psyren, and Bakuman is in it (even though it's my favorite manga, I've kept a super-strict no spoilers policy on that one until I own the GN format).Also on Guilty Crown 15: Great plot advancement. Great character development. Hare finally confessed her feelings to Shu.

BUT THEN HARE DIES, RUINING THE ONLY GOOD RELATIONSHIP IN THE WHOLE SERIES. Plus I rather dislike Shu/Inori, and nothing is really stopping that now. /end rant about relationships in an animated show

Overall, this has to be the strongest episode of GC yet, and after the part I mentioned that i disliked, Shu skyrocketed to crazy levels of epicness, which is never a bad thing. Overall a very good episode, and a complete game-changer.

Edited by Terminus24