Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

Guilty Crown is starting to feel like Madoka Magica, with major characters dying left and right. :PAlthough probably my least favorite death besides the most recent one was Dan, he was my favorite out of all GHQ. He was actually pretty comical, but he died to save Haruka (who played a somewhat large role in delaying the second Lost Christmas.)Also notice Haruka by the Endlave pods? I wonder if she's one of the pilots now...

Put Macross 7 on hold (at episode 21 of 49), and started watching Macross Frontier. On Episode 3 so far. I'm enjoying it, though not as much as I did the other entries of the franchise I've seen (DYRL, Macross II, 7, and Plus).As for a list of anime I've seen... I actually DO have a near-complete list. I've seen roughly... 123 TV series, 49 OVAs , 69 movies, 22 specials, clocking to an episode count at 7,145 and a total of 263 seperate enteries. That I remember.So... Yeah.

hElbrZ6.gif

Yeah, I was watching the opening, and Haruka flashed by in the suit, paused to get a better look at it (it's only onscreen for less than a second).And the second release of Bakuman was delayed... WHY IS ALL THE ANIME I WANT GETTING DELAYED?!?!

Edited by Terminus24

Here are a few of my personal favorites (In no real order):Soul EaterNeon Genesis Evangelion/Rebuild of EvangelionSchool RumbleFull Metal Panic!Gurren LagannAngel Beats!TrigunPretty much everyone I know who likes anime has seen these and enjoyed them quite a bit. Also, I'd suggest maybe picking up a copy of Shonen Jump Magazine (It's got 2-3 issues left, so I wouldn't reccomend subscribing), it does have a nice selection of manga (5 main series and usually a preview of a series), and it's how I really got into anime/manga.Also: I can see you are a Final Fantasy fan. As a warning, DO NOT watch Final Fantasy Unlimited. It has almost no connection to the games. Plus it is just plain awful.Anyways, I'm looking forwards to vacation in a few weeks... Haven't had any time to finish Trigun, I've mainly been reading a little bit of manga in my free time, just got Bakuman volumes 7-9, glad to finally be caught up...

Edited by Terminus24

Anyways, I've seen this week's Guilty Crown. Just when I thought it was going to get great...

Shu becomes a soulless dictator.Inori finally cracks and pretty much becomes exactly like Mana.Gai was revived (his death was the best thing about episode 12).HARUKA IS EVIL!!!

Well, it's not even halfway through the second arc, so who knows how it will turn out...I feel this series is now hit-or-miss, with very little in-between room.

Anyways, I've seen this week's Guilty Crown. Just when I thought it was going to get great...

Shu becomes a soulless dictator.Inori finally cracks and pretty much becomes exactly like Mana.Gai was revived (his death was the best thing about episode 12).HARUKA IS EVIL!!!

Well, it's not even halfway through the second arc, so who knows how it will turn out...I feel this series is now hit-or-miss, with very little in-between room.

I think it's implied that

Mana has taken over Inori's body. This is also a part of the reason she killed Kuhouin.Also, I do not really like that fact that the series just start killing off it's characters, above described death being a blatant example.

I don't really know what to think of Guilty Crown at the moment. General thoughts flux between 'awesome' and 'why in the name of everything did they write a plot like that?'

Edited by Blue Dragon

~Blue Dragon~

I wouldn't be surprised if Mana took over Inori's body. Especially because of the scene a couple of episodes where she completely beat a group of school kids into a bloody mess, not something I'd think Inori would do.

Anyways, I completely agree that the series goes between Awesome and awful. Do hope it doesn't suck that much more (or at all).

Meh, I'd think she wouldn't completely destroy some rather innocent kids who posed almost zero threat to her, that would seem like a Mana thing. I'm pretty sure that Mana slowly started taking over Inori since the Shu/Mana battle earlier.Anyways, I do like the story continuity of the second arc much better than the first, the first felt a bit too random for me, while now it has very good continuity.

Edited by Terminus24

I started the first episode of Code Geass and so far it's pretty amazing. I find the characters unique and awesome, the art style nice, and the dialogue great. Thanks for the suggestion.-Mef

Of course, we all love British mecha.Anyway, have you guys heard of that PROFESSIONAL Touhou fan-anime? I recently stumbled onto it. It is awesome.

Got Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete today. It's a huge improvement over the original (which was amazing), and I'm not surprised over 1000 scenes were changed. I'm going to see the Episode: Denzel OVA soon, it seems great.Also got volumes 4-6 of NGE: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project. I've only read 4 and halfway through 5, and I'm dying of laughter on nearly every page.

Oh boy... And here I was considering watching FLCL. I don't need to lose whatever scraps of sanity I manged to cling to just for some six episode series... :PBut seriously, I always hear varying thoughts on it. Some people love it, some can't get past the insanity factor. What did you think of it?Edit: Typo... >_<

Edited by Despair

Lacertus