Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

I'm only watching four right now and thought that was a lot: Aldnoah.Zero, SAO2, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo Ghoul. So much so that I've delayed getting into my backlog, which I've been tackling with full force all summer.

So far I've completed (beginning in May after I graduated as the start of my summer):

• Accel World 
  • Baccano!
  • Code Geass
  • Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
  • Durarara!!
  • Nobunaga the Fool
  • Psycho-Pass (original; haven't considered the recut one to be worth checking out since I literally just watched this)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Tiger & Bunny 2: The Rising
  • The Girl who Leapt Through Time
And there's still a lot more I want to get to heh.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Lets see here I'm watching

Sword Art Online II

the English dub of Black Lagoon

the English dub of Attack on Titan

Kill La Kill

Re-watching Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sailor Moon Crystal

And finished Gurren Lagann on the 15th, it is easily my favorite series that I've ever watched.

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

Oh, derp. Yeah, I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, which was awesome. Now I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Rei, but I'm only just beginning the second episode now. I haven't really watched much of anything recently, you see.

And then, after that, I'm gonna watch the OVAs.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Hanamonogatari finally got subbed in full, and I just finished watching it.

All in all, pretty great. Like always, good character interactions and a lot of great characterization and dialogue all around from all sorts of characters. Perhaps not as entertaining as I would have expected something narrated by Kanbaru to be, but then I guess that's kind of the point. It's not my favorite in second season by a long shot (which really says more about the quality of Neko Shiro, Kabuki and Koi than anything) but still a great addition to the series.

Now if SHAFT could release Kizumonogatari sometime in the next 3 years, that would be great....

AXKP5KC.png

Oh, I guess you can add One Piece (subbed and dubbed), Naruto: Shippuden, and Attack on Titan dub to the list of everything I'm watching. :P

For those watching Zankyou no Terror, I have a bit of a complaint and wonder what others think about it...

I hate the English in this show.

It's just so terrible. "Yes ma'am" is like the only line that comes across well. Everything else is just so awkward and conveys zero emotion.

I'm not one to usually complain about that - I know it's not their native language and isn't going to be perfect - but it's so awkward when the character's voice literally changes when they switch a language.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I agree, though to me it's mostly just Five messing everything up. (Your kridding!) the first episode where they spoke english was almost believable, but since then, it's been going downhill. Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet though.

What's a shame

AXKP5KC.png

it's been about 3 years since I was really into anime, and lately I've been wanting to try to get back into it like the good old days.

I've been revisiting the Monogatari series since that was one of my old favorites, and I've heard good things about Kill la Kill so I plan on checking that out soon, but I'd like some recommendations as well.

preferably shorter (or more recent) series so I don't have like 100+ episodes to wade through, and I generally (though not always) prefer anime with a healthy amount of humor so things along those lines would be ace.

Edited by Ryuujin

I recommend WataMote, Princess Jellyfish, SoreMachi, Bunny Drop, Angel Beats! and Fireball/Fireball Charming, if you haven't seen them already. They're all pretty short (13 episodes or less, with each Fireball series only taking about half an hour to finish each) and most of them are pretty funny.

AXKP5KC.png

Just wrapped up Hanamonogatari yesterday.

Great stuff. Kanbaru and Arararararararagi were great fun as always. Kinda wish we got more of the latter, though.

Dat lolimobile.

The Monogatari series continues to be the fun, dialogue-y-character-interaction-y-entirely-too-japanese-to-properly-translate-humor-y it has been

Kaiki still best girl though. Sorry, Kanbaru. And Hachikuji. And Shinobu. And Araragi.

Kizu never. ;_;

helo frens

Some humorous shows I'd recommend from the past year or so would be D-Frag!, Nisekoi, Non Non Biyori, and Golden Time. I also second the recommendations for Watamote and Angel Beats!, they were both pretty good.

Also, I started watching Nagi no Asukara and Cat Planet Cuties this week. I had planned to watch Nagi-Asu when it was airing, but never got around to it, but now that I'm enjoying Glasslip so much I thought It'd be time to give it a go. The premise so far is pretty interesting and I've heard good things about it, so I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Cat Planet Cuties, on the other hand, was on recommendation from a friend whose judgement I don't trust at all (you know, that one guy who absolutely loves all the shows you hate) but he had it on Blu-Ray when we were hanging out with a bunch of guys over the week, so I saw a few episodes. Wasn't really expecting anything (besides a mediocre catgirl harem show), but it had the what factor (at least in the first few episodes I've seen) and general weirdness to keep me intrigued.

Anyways, this week was.. Kinda a slow week for simulcasts. Black Butler really hasn't picked up any steam yet at all over the entire time it's been airing (although it looks like it might next episode), Prisma Illya had a mediocre comedy episode, Persona 4 Golden is still moving at an incredibly awkward pace (it's already at the normal end, and just halfway through the series), and Jinsei's fansubbers are just really late.

I was really hoping that this episode of SAOII would just be 30 minutes of flashy action, because that's SAO does best, but nope, we still have yet to get any real good action since episode 2. Still, I like GGO much better than pretty much anything in the first season, Kirito's harem is gone, Sinon isn't just another damsel-in-distress for Kirito (although she is the temp replacement harem), and I find the concept of Death Gun much more interesting than the driving forces of the previous arcs. Anyways, I'm probably gonna pick up the second SAO novel when it comes out next week, as I thought the first was was just a lot better than the anime.

Aldnoah was the only thing this week that really didn't slow down, even though it was mostly flashbacks and Slaine getting tortured, which lead up to the revelation that Cruhteo is

one of the good guys (which I totally saw coming),

made all the more intense by

his death a few seconds later.

I don't really see this hitting the brakes anytime soon.

I'm also looking forward to this week's Rail Wars, which is surprisingly one of the better shows I'm watching this season, a good deal in part because of the somewhat relatable main character (I used to be a super train otaku when I was younger), and It's the only series that isn't Aldnoah this season that hasn't yet had a really dull episode. At the very least, It's been a good, fun ending show of each week this season.

I agree, though to me it's mostly just Five messing everything up. (Your kridding!) the first episode where they spoke english was almost believable, but since then, it's been going downhill. Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet though.

What's a shame

Oh yeah, it's definitely Five who's the biggest problem. I just can't stand listening to half of what she says.

Was there no new episode this week? Oh well.

Aldnoah was the only thing this week that really didn't slow down, even though it was mostly flashbacks and Slaine getting tortured, which lead up to the revelation that Cruhteo is

one of the good guys (which I totally saw coming),

made all the more intense by

his death a few seconds later.

I don't really see this hitting the brakes anytime soon.

That was fantastic. Aldnoah's finally starting to stand out for me.

And for Slaine to finally get through to somebody that believes him (stupid old king...) only for the show to immediately go "nope, he's dead haha" afterwards? Did not see it coming.

It definitely feels like Urobuchi is still behind it... Even though he's not writing the show anymore apparently. (But hey, since he did it to focus on Gaim's ending, which has been fantastic so far, I'm not complaining. :lol:) So kudos to the new guy (whose name escapes me) for, in my opinion, improving the show a good deal.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Oh snap.

Oh my freaking snap.

That ending to the newest Aldnoah.

The princess might actually be dead this time. I'm kinda hoping she isn't, but if she isn't, that'd be the second time she "died"... Which I feel would be much less believable then the first time.

The Urobuchi is strong with this one.

Oh snap.

Oh my freaking snap.

The princess might actually be dead this time. I'm kinda hoping she isn't, but if she isn't, that'd be the second time she "died"... Which I feel would be much less believable then the first time.

Didn't see it coming, but then... the episode was pretty tame up until that point. Something was bound to happen at the end. I just didn't like that the crazy girl (still can't remember her name) seemed to instantly regret it, like she didn't know what she was doing. But she was part of the original plot to kill Asseylum, so seemingly was okay with killing her the first time...

Also, the developments around Slaine continue to be the most interesting bits of the show to me.

An interesting note is that he's apparently not writing it anymore though. Not sure if that's changed or if the writer is following guidance or what... But I believe it was said at some convention that he handed over the writing to somebody else to focus on finishing Gaim.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well, between Terminus' post and another friend's reaction to the episode, I was prepared for something big to happen, so....halfway through the episode I started suspecting that Rayet was going to do something, and then when the princess entered the shower room it became pretty obvious what that something was going to be. I hope she is dead, anyway. It would really change up the entire situation for practically every character and should really spice up Slaine and Rayet's future development (the two of them being my favorite characters up to this point) and seeing as how the Aldnoah turned off, I think it is likely that she did die this time. (since the way I see it if she just lost consciousness wouldn't the Aldnoah thing also turn off when she sleeps? That's just speculation on Aldnoah from my part, we really don't know how that all works yet...)

One thing I did like about this episode was how little Inaho there was. I know it won't happen, but it would be so cool if we could just stop focusing on that boring son of a bot and just stick with Slaine from now. Inaho is the biggest blemish on an otherwise fantastic show. God I hate him.

Super disappointed that there was no Zankyou no Terror or [japanese] Space Dandy this week.......

AXKP5KC.png

Oh snap.

Oh my freaking snap.

Didn't see it coming, but then... the episode was pretty tame up until that point. Something was bound to happen at the end. I just didn't like that the crazy girl (still can't remember her name) seemed to instantly regret it, like she didn't know what she was doing. But she was part of the original plot to kill Asseylum, so seemingly was okay with killing her the first time...

Also, the developments around Slaine continue to be the most interesting bits of the show to me.

An interesting note is that he's apparently not writing it anymore though. Not sure if that's changed or if the writer is following guidance or what... But I believe it was said at some convention that he handed over the writing to somebody else to focus on finishing Gaim.

~|ET|~

He only wrote the first 3 episodes, but he did do the overarching plot. Although interestingly, he was pretty hands-off with the characters.

Anyways, turns out the ending of episode 9 was just

for shock factor. While I didn't want Asseylum to die, it would have been at least a good change where everyone would literally be stranded on a giant boat with no power and (likely) limited supplies. It could've been a really interesting change, but it didn't happen. I was really hoping that if Asseylum lived, she'd be comatose/in critical condition for at least an entire episode, so we'd retain some tension from episode 9's ending, but nope, pretty much everything gets settled and she's fine within five minutes. It was good waiting a week and wondering "what's gonna happen with the princess?", but I feel that the episode 9-10 transition will be much weaker when watching the episodes back to back.

Edited by Terminus

He only wrote the first 3 episodes, but he did do the overarching plot. Although interestingly, he was pretty hands-off with the characters.

Anyways, turns out the ending of episode 9 was just

for shock factor. While I didn't want Asseylum to die, it would have been at least a good change where everyone would literally be stranded on a giant boat with no power and (likely) limited supplies. It could've been a really interesting change, but it didn't happen. I was really hoping that if Asseylum lived, she'd be comatose/in critical condition for at least an entire episode, so we'd retain some tension from episode 9's ending, but nope, pretty much everything gets settled and she's fine within five minutes. It was good waiting a week and wondering "what's gonna happen with the princess?", but I feel that the episode 9-10 transition will be much weaker when watching the episodes back to back.

Interesting. Didn't know how much he was really involved overall.

And yes, episode 10 was rather disappointing..

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

it's been about 3 years since I was really into anime, and lately I've been wanting to try to get back into it like the good old days.

I've been revisiting the Monogatari series since that was one of my old favorites, and I've heard good things about Kill la Kill so I plan on checking that out soon, but I'd like some recommendations as well.

preferably shorter (or more recent) series so I don't have like 100+ episodes to wade through, and I generally (though not always) prefer anime with a healthy amount of humor so things along those lines would be ace.

While I'm also a fan of the Monogatari series, I hated how in Nisemonogatari wasted a lot of time on trivia things instead of focusing on the plot. SIX episodes to explain Karen was stung by a bee by a conman. Maybe its just me but that got annoying real fast. As for Kill la Kill  I've heard it is a decent story but it could've been done in 12 episodes instead of 24.

If you want a recommendation: Watamote for humor even if it is pretty cringe worthy. For unintentionally hilarious check out Ginga Nagareboshi Gin because it is just insane. Summary one dog has to gather a million dogs to fight a bear who wants to build a legit castle. It does help this happens. Granted it is like an 80s anime by dear god it is gloriously insane from episode 7 onwards.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Responding to the request:

I'm not sure what genre/whatever you're looking for, but one of my favorite anime, with well-placed humour, while still keeping up an amazing story, is Steins;Gate. There are also two others in that series - Chaos;Head is before S;G, and Robotics;Notes is after it, but I didn't particularly enjoy either of them. They might be your style, though. They both have a decent amount of comedy, too.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

While I'm also a fan of the Monogatari series, I hated how in Nisemonogatari wasted a lot of time on trivia things instead of focusing on the plot. SIX episodes to explain Karen was stung by a bee by a conman.

Personally all that wasted time with Hachikuji, Shinobu and Kanbaru are the only things that made Nisemonogatari bearable for me, since the actual plot was "yay! incest sub/text!" not to mention super boring. (But I guess it did introduce Kaiki and Ononoki, and they were excellent in second season, so I guess Nise gets a pass.)

AXKP5KC.png

While I'm also a fan of the Monogatari series, I hated how in Nisemonogatari wasted a lot of time on trivia things instead of focusing on the plot. SIX episodes to explain Karen was stung by a bee by a conman.

Personally all that wasted time with Hachikuji, Shinobu and Kanbaru are the only things that made Nisemonogatari bearable for me, since the actual plot was "yay! incest sub/text!" not to mention super boring. (But I guess it did introduce Kaiki and Ononoki, and they were excellent in second season, so I guess Nise gets a pass.)

Yeah forgot about that. Honestly Nisemonogatari felt like a letdown it wasn't bad per say just underwhelming. The incest subtext DEFINITELY did not help things. Though I will admit Araragi's interactions with the other characters were enjoyable.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Yeah forgot about that. Honestly Nisemonogatari felt like a letdown it wasn't bad per say just underwhelming. The incest subtext DEFINITELY did not help things. Though I will admit Araragi's interactions with the other characters were enjoyable.

I hated Nise, to be honest, probably just for that terrible toothbrush episode. In retrospect, after second season converted me from a hater to a massive fan, there's actually a lot to be appreciated in Nise, but his interactions with his sisters and the main plots definitely aren't it.

AXKP5KC.png

Well, I just finished Paniponi Dash!, and considering how much I like these type of shows, I'm pretty surprised I haven't watched it sooner. The randomness, the pop culture references, the destruction of the fourth wall, the general insanity... It easily shot itself up to being one of my favorite comedy anime series, but now that it's over, I'm not quite sure what to do... Maybe I'll finally break open my School Rumble DVDs and watch that for the fifth or so time (or suggestions?).

Also, I finished the second Sword Art Online novel earlier today. So far I'm liking the novels far more than the anime, especially since the second novel is the collection of the single short stories, and as such they don't feel so awkwardly paced, as they did when they were jammed into the first arc of the anime.

Well, I just finished Paniponi Dash!, and considering how much I like these type of shows, I'm pretty surprised I haven't watched it sooner. The randomness, the pop culture references, the destruction of the fourth wall, the general insanity... It easily shot itself up to being one of my favorite comedy anime series, but now that it's over, I'm not quite sure what to do... Maybe I'll finally break open my School Rumble DVDs and watch that for the fifth or so time (or suggestions?).

Watch Nabeshin's other stuff, if you haven't. Love the guy's works.

hElbrZ6.gif

So the fall season is just around the corner now....what shows are you guys looking forward to/planning to watch?

Right now, (besides SAOII,) my plan is to watch Inou-battle, Parasyte, Terra Formars, and World Trigger. But I'll probably end up adding at least one or more things as things actually start up....

AXKP5KC.png

I've currently got 5 shows lined up to watch next season, Amagi Brilliant Park, Fate/stay night, Inou-Battle, Trinity Seven, and World Trigger.

Most excited for Amagi Brilliant Park because I'm a fan of Shoji Gatoh, least excited for World Trigger because the manga feels like it's gone virtually nowhere and Toei is doing the animation. It just jumped into a drawn-out Shonen Jump battle too soon where very, very little has been happening (I think at least the past month of chapters has covered an entire two minutes).

Seraph of the End is the Jump anime I'm really looking forward to, although that's still a ways off.

Also, only 1 announcement left for A Certain Magical Index's 10-year anniversary! If it isn't Index season 3 I'm gonna flip.

Edited by Terminus

Probably gonna watch G-Reco and Cross Ange this season. Might sample the GARO anime, Akatsuki no Yona, Madan no Ou to Vanadis.

Really looking forward to G-Reco, since Tomino hasn't done anything in almost a decade and the promotional stuff is reminding me a bit of Turn A, which is  honestly the peak of the franchise.

hElbrZ6.gif

Besides continuing to watch SAOII, I just have Psycho-Pass 2, Log Horizon season 2, and Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

Meanwhile, I am now finally watching Baka and (to?) Test. I just... It's so stupid! But that's why I kinda like it haha.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Oof, everyone's talking about watching 3 or 4 series each season, and I'm here doing 12-15 at a time. Actually, I plan to follow 18 this fall, plus continuing Fairy Tail, Aldnoah.Zero, SAOII, and Argevollen. On top of that, I'm working through Steins;Gate and Romeo x Juliet (both dubbed). I gotta say, this is probably the best adaptation of Romeo and Juliet I've seen.

Anyway, this fall I'm looking forward to the new seasons of Chaika and Knights of Sidonia, plus Terra Formars and Fate/stay Night. There's also the Gargantia sequel OVA, which I am SO STOKED for.

As for this season, it's definitely delivered in the comedy department, what with Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and Barakamon. We've gotten some great scifi/action too with Terror in Resonance, Aldnoah.Zero, and SAOII. It's kinda sad to have so many good series ending soon. We definitely need second seasons of Nozaki, Barakamon, and Blue Spring Ride. There were a few disappointments, though. Rail Wars had a great premise but turned out to be a heap of fanservice, and Re:_Hamatora hasn't really delivered as much as its first season did. Argevollen's alright, but could be a lot better. Awesome theme song at least.

What have you guys thought of this season?

It's mostly been disappointing. Space Dandy is absolutely perfect in every way, and rushed or not Tokyo Ghoul Never fails to deliver, so both of those are pretty great.

The other five I'm watching though....

SAOII turned to absolute #### after just three episodes and every episode has only been worse than the last. If I wasn't so uptight about finishing the things I start I would have dropped it ages ago. I hate it so much (especially how low Sinon's character has fallen. Oh my poor, poor Sinon).

Free! Eternal Summer is a mixed bag. It's had some good moments and some great moments, but in between those mostly it's been the usual melodrama and moe and it's so boring I don't even care a little bit. Shrugs.

Zankyou no Terror got derailed after Five's introduction and it's never really recovered. It's just....in a weird spot. I wish it'd stayed on course. The sudden exposition drop last episode sure didn't help things.

Aldnoah.Zero has all the makings of a good show, and it would be a great one, if Inaho wasn't such a cruddy main character. I hate him even more than SAO's Kirito (and that's saying a lot) because at least Kirito pretends to have emotions and limitations. It's still got 14 episodes, though, so I hope they do the right thing and off Inaho at the end of this season so we can see some other characters be relevant and competent for once next time.

DRAMAtical Murder isn't....bad. But, it is pretty weird, and not even that gay at all. Kinda disappointing in that respect at least, and the plot and pacing are nothing spectacular.

I definitely hope next season is better...

AXKP5KC.png

Here's my current rankings for this season, not expecting it to change much with a lot of stuff having only an episode or two left and some things already over:

1. Aldnoah.Zero

2. Fate/kaleid liner

3. Sword Art Online II

4. Rail Wars

5. Jinsei

6. Glasslip

7. Sailor Moon Crystal

8. Black Butler: Book of Circus

9. Persona 4 the Golden Animation

Aldnoah dropped off in quality between episodes 9-10, although I felt that 11 picked it up and got it headed in the right direction. At least the 9-10 cliffhanger (which I felt was pretty bad writing) seems to have been mostly been forgotten (which, ironically, also feels like more bad writing. But I hate it less.). Annoyed that it's ending this week, and we have to wait until January for the second half...

Kaleid liner was exactly what I expected after the first season, pretty much just more of the same, which turned out well. And, of course, it ended with the announcement of another season. Betting this is gonna become an annual summer show, with the next part of 2wei! coming out next summer and 3rei! coming out 2016. However, this show really makes me like Illya. Which is why it's so cruel for Unlimited Blade Works to air next season (even though I'm pretty excited for that).

SAO2 is a pretty good action anime. When it is an action anime. The long character interactions kinda bore me to death (although in the novels, they are infinitely more tolerable and actually decent, IMO), but the promise of that inevitable action scene keeps me going. I'm just kinda disappointed that we haven't gotten anything like episode 2 yet, and I doubt the final battle is gonna be as great as that.

Rail Wars is the stupid fanservicey harem action comedy I inevitably watch every season, but with trains. And there's a part of me that just loves trains, so the infodumps and train stuff in general actually make this pretty enjoyable for me.

As for the rest of the shows... Jinsei has just been a pretty enjoyable comedy so far, although nothing really special; Glasslip is one of my first slice-of-life dramas, and I've generally enjoyed it; I've probably just been focused on how bad Sailor Moon Crystal looks to actually notice much good about it, although I felt the latest episode picked everything up a pit (mostly due to the introduction of Sailor Best Girl Jupiter); Black Butler kinda fell apart for me around halfway through; and P4GA is bear-ly watchable, unless you're already pretty familiar with P4, and even then it's still a total mess.

Anyways, I'm hoping to finish Nagi no Asukara and Code Geass between seasons (the only time I ever really watch non-airing shows unless I find something really great), and I might watch Danganronpa since I just finished the second game (although I'm kinda worried It'll be nothing when compared to the game).

I was pleasantly surprised with Jinsei; it's got a likeable cast, and it has my immense respect for not taking the immediate harem route. In terms of anime, its relationship status-quo actually seems quite original to me (two members of the supposed harem trying to hook up the boy with the third girl). A lot of the situational gags are pretty good too (e.g., the girls bringing their whiteboards with them everywhere).

I had high hopes for Glasslip, and really liked it at the start; it set up a nice cast and a believable conflict, but hasn't done much since (until recently, at least). It's a good series, but there is much better stuff out there. Terminus, you mentioned Glasslip was one of your first slice-of-life dramas; if you haven't seen them yet, I personally recommend Clannad and One-Week Friends for more of the genre.

I'm hugely disappointed with Rail Wars. It had a great premise and high potential as a straightforward action or action-comedy series. While it took that route for the first tiny bit, it quickly devolved into 95% panty shots, shoving butts in the camera, and mashing the main protag's face into the chest of literally every female character on the show. I honestly have no idea why I haven't dropped it.

I guess my current rankings are:

1. Fairy Tail 2 (Continued from Spring)
  2. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  3. Blue Spring Ride
  4. Aldonah.Zero
  5. Barakamon
  6. Terror in Resonance
  7. Sword Art Online II
  8. Jinsei
  9. Locodol (My guilty pleasure!)
  10. Glasslip
  11. Re:_Hamatora (The newest episode was a step in the right direction. Here's hoping the finale delivers.)
  12. Argevollen (Not bad, just... not particularly good.)
  13. Tokyo ESP (It's like X-Men but not as good. Still, not awful.)
  14. Rail Wars

One-Week friends was actually one of the many shows I was planning on following this spring, but just never got around to (so far I've gotten through one show from that backlog, have 8 to go), I'll probably watch it after I finish Nagi no Asukara.

Also, speaking of my spring backlog, anyone have thoughts on Chaika? Might watch that before the second season starts.

Chaika was one of my favorites last season. It's got a fun cast, a good plot, an imaginative setting, and some really inventive magical/fantasy combat. It's by the same creators as (and is apparently similar to) Scrapped Princess (which I have not seen). I'd say it's definitely worth a watch.

Edited by LockmanCapulet

So I've been watching Free! Eternal Summer (absoulte favorite, I feel sad it's going to end next week, but I pray for a movie sequel), I saw a bit of Psycho-Pass (really amazing!), uhhh and I am also watching K-Project and Karneval.

Are there any CLAMP fans out here? (Tsubasa Chronicle is back with a new manga called Tsubasa: WoRLD CHRoNiCLE)

For the Team! - Rin Matsuoka

tumblr_nc7x2n2uJ61so9j7zo1_500.png

So, uh, That Aldnoah season finale. Mostly one of the better episodes, IMO, but then the ending happened, and they did one of the things I really was hoping wouldn't happen.

They killed Asseylum. Again.

Attempting to kill off the same character three times is just... Not really that good writing, IMO, although this time was much better than episode 9 (you know, because it was a battle, and not some angry girl in the shower). Slaine shooting Inaho, though, really caught me off guard, but... I'm pretty sure he'll survive due to being pretty much the only MC for Earth's side. Asseylum, I'm not so sure about, but given that she's been "killed" twice already and survived, her survival wouldn't really surprise me, although I definitely can see her dying.

And the wait for January begins...

Oh man that episode was all I wanted it to be. Dead stupid protags everywhere. Delicious. I hope both deaths stick, but given the track record it seems unlikely, at least for Inaho (i was so giddy when he got shot oh my). Seylum....I'm pretty sure this third time's the charm. I can only hope.

If Slaine really is the only protagonist left, however, considering what a messed up character he was to begin with and all the stuff he just witnessed and did.......I can't wait for next season.

Tokyo Ghoul's last episode was fantastic, too. Both series  I was watching that ended this week ended in pretty high notes. Though of course, both start back up in January. I'm pretty excited for that now.

AXKP5KC.png

Three finales the past few days: Aldnoah.Zero, Rail Wars, and Locodol.

Aldnoah:

Wow. Wooow. Now THAT was a good episode. Intense all the way through. And yes, I know we've had two fake-outs already (come on, we all knew the second time she would live), but I think Asseylum is dead for good now. Same with Inaho. The scene between Slaine and Saazbaum was great. I only wonder where they'll take Slaine's character from here.

Rail Wars:

Ugh, am I glad that's over. This is the first series I can think of that I really didn't enjoy but watched all the way through. It wasn't pacing problems or just not my thing, it just... sucked. As I stated before, I hated that the series- which had a great premise and potential- devolved into panty shots, tight skirts, and shoving the protagonist's face in at least two girls' chests per episode. Ugh. I don't know why I didn't drop this one. The reflective scene toward the end of the finale was kind of nice... but it would have meant a whole lot more had this series had ANY meat to it.

Locodol:

That was great. Locodol is the definition of a sweet, cute, feel-good kind of show. I was pleasantly surprised with what they did with the "conflicting schedules" plot device. The big reveal of the song was good too. The simple dance accompanying it made it seem all the more sincere. I also liked that the crowd swapped their glowsticks to Nagarakawa blue as the song progressed. Also, Elvis-Uncle was hilarious. My only negative was that there was no Uogokoro antics this episode.

...I'm probably the only one here who watched Locodol XD It's been my guilty pleasure this season.

Also, the newest Fairy Tail episode (25 or 200, depending on your count) had me BAWLING. FEEEELS...