Undying Love

otter

Out-of-story: Well, I'm going to have this in just in time for Valentine's Day, aren't I, haha. Well, this is involving one of my characters from the BZPRPG (Jaron, a Toa of Fire [who looks a lot like Lihkan, just older and more scarred]) and his former and hopefully future love-interest, Nikila (a toa of water, descendant of the original Nikila. Yes, the artistic license is strong in this one...) Well, I hope you like it.Jaron growled at the Rahkshi in front of him, throwing a blast of fire to distract it. The creature recoiled from the heat, protecting the sensitive Kraata within. Taking advantage of its momentary vulnerability, Jaron lunged forward, his greatsword stabbing through the Rahkshi's head and into the Kraata within."There you go, you bloody creature," he muttered, shaking the dead slug off of his sword. He concentrated for a moment, burning the blood and oil off of his weapon. He sheathed his sword, walking back to the clearing where he had been camped out."Jaron!" He heard. "Jaron!" There it was, again...why was Nikila yelling? She had never had trouble fighting these things before...he sheathed his sword, and walked off to where she had been fighting. Once he stepped into the scene of battle, he recoiled at the sight. One rahkshi was lying on the ground, its Kraata split cleanly in half, though there were signs of another rahkshi having been there. And Nikila...He ran over to the Toa of Water, grasping her hand. She had a poisoned dagger sticking out of her stomach, blood coagulating around it. He put his hand down to stop the flow, and recoiled at the hissing sound he heard. "It's poisoned, Jaron," Nikila barely managed to say, searching for his hand. She grasped it weakly. "There was a Lerahk...snuck up on me...I couldn't hold them both off for long." She coughed, a small amount of blood landing on her hand.Jaron could barely speak, his eyes brimming with tears. "Nikila," he croaked, "How could this happen? You only just came back to me, and now..." he turned away, wiping his eyes. He couldn't finish his sentence. He felt a squeeze on his hand. "Don't worry, Jaron," Nikila whispered, her heartlight slowly winking away. "It's only for a while..." Jaron nodded, not trusting himself to speak again. He stayed by Nikila as her spirit slowly left.Jaron looked up from his palms, covered with tears. He grasped Nikila's dead hand again, and gave it one last squeeze. "I'll never leave you, Nikila," he whispered, as he picked her up to bring back to the others.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now