Toy Fair 2012: Super Heroes

TF12_SH_teaser.jpg

By popular demand, tonight we bring you images and some words about the 2012 Super Heroes line of sets. LEGO has deals with both Marvel and DC and is releasing sets from both universes this year. We've already seen the DC ones up close, but there's a lot to see on the Marvel side yet. Read on to check them out!

View the full article

Well, I don't think Iron Man looks that bad. Most of the sets seem kind of average, but the minifigures are quite cool. The only one I really feel compelled to get is the chopper, because it has DEADPOOL (though I would like to get Iron Man and Thor minifigures, too).As for the new constraction sets, not uch has changed. Captain America is still awesome, Iron Man is still pretty dang cool, and the Hulk still stinks like no one's business."But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

Edited by The Main Man

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, DEADPOOL!That is all.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

Wait a second here... Isn't it possible Iron Man's helmet is a prototype? It sure looks like one. It's all grainy. Plus, Hulk is missing his face, and Cap's shield has no printing. Seems obvious to me these weren't all finished in time for Toyfair.

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

DEADPOOL!! Defs getting this set and sticking a pirate hat on Deadpool from my PotC set :P Really LEGO I didn't realise you'd know how much everyone loves Deadpool. And thankgod they didn't make him look like Ryan Reynolds at the end of Origins.

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

I'm really liking these minifigures. However, Iron Man looks absolutely ridiculous. That helmet is much too big; Hopefully its a prototype. Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout looks great, and the Chopper is a must buy for Deadpool. I wonder when the sets for The Amazing Spiderman will be revealed.

Edited by Takua Nui of GoAnimate

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

haha.pngMy reaction upon seeing that hysterically oversized Iron Man helmet. I'm not happy, Lego. But I'm not sad. Just disappointed. And so overly amused.That said, the actual Iron Men action figure looks quite neat. Probably the only one out of the entire line of six. May have to get him.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Is it just me, or does the Hulk action figure's face kind of look like Frankenstine's? :blink: I never noticed that before...Anyway, I agree that the minifig Iron Man helmit is likely a prototype. (Though it would be kind of funny if it wasn't. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

These sets really look good. I am really tempted to buy the Iron Man constraction figure, although I can't say the same about the minifigure.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I like all of them so far, except for the big helmet of minifig Iron Man. Hope that's just a prototype. I like all the constraction sets too, but I'm definitely getting the chopper with Deadpool, Wolverine, and Magneto. Heck, I might just get all these sets!Ta-Metru Defender, I'd like to believe you, but at the same time, doesn't that helmet still seem kinda large on Iron Man? Or maybe it's just me.I really think that this year, my money is going to be spent on LEGO a bit more than usual this year. I'm a sucker for anything superhero related, especially big name superheroes like these. Speaking of superheroes, if anyone cares, Stan Lee is coming to this Authors! Authors! event in Toledo, Ohio. So glad I bought tickets for it!

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

Ta-Metru Defender, I'd like to believe you, but at the same time, doesn't that helmet still seem kinda large on Iron Man? Or maybe it's just me.

Dunno. The magazine helmet seems to be your standard slightly-bigger minifig head (a la aliens in Space Police III or Star Wars or what have you). In any case, I'm willing to bet the actual Iron Man fig ends up awesome.Or I'm just blinding myself with foolish optimism. Oh well.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Wait a second here... Isn't it possible Iron Man's helmet is a prototype? It sure looks like one. It's all grainy. Plus, Hulk is missing his face, and Cap's shield has no printing. Seems obvious to me these weren't all finished in time for Toyfair.

Iron Man minifig is clearly still a prototype. Hoping (praying) his head is smaller in the final design.ALSO DEADPOOL MINIFIG WANT.

I'm really liking these minifigures. However, Iron Man looks absolutely ridiculous. That helmet is much too big; Hopefully its a prototype.

Gentlemen. Based on this scan from a LEGO-mag, I think we can all agree that the Toy Fair Iron Man's a prototype.Stay calm and wait for the catalog.

The helmet is a prototype in that it's not the final one that will be released. I was told, however, that the shape and size are not going to change. What you see it is the final design, just not the final part.

Ta-Metru Defender, I'd like to believe you, but at the same time, doesn't that helmet still seem kinda large on Iron Man? Or maybe it's just me.

Dunno. The magazine helmet seems to be your standard slightly-bigger minifig head (a la aliens in Space Police III or Star Wars or what have you). In any case, I'm willing to bet the actual Iron Man fig ends up awesome.Or I'm just blinding myself with foolish optimism. Oh well.
True. It does look slightly-bigger and yet better on the magazine.Although Black Six just posted that the size will not change, so I guess we'll get used to it. It won't be too bad though.

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

DEADPOOL!! Defs getting this set and sticking a pirate hat on Deadpool from my PotC set :P Really LEGO I didn't realise you'd know how much everyone loves Deadpool. And thankgod they didn't make him look like Ryan Reynolds at the end of Origins.

Oh gad, this. I'm also thinking of modifying one of my plain black torsos to make him a "Team Wade" shirt. :lol:"But as long as I'm here, I get to bust heads!"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I've never heard of deadpool or the magma guy, but I want to get the chopper because it's in my price range, has some cool parts, and I can invest in the minifigs. Otherwise, these set look fantastic, but they're not really my theme at all.

By "magma guy" were you referring to Magneto? You know, the #1 antagonist of the X-Men who has magnetism (not magma) powers? If so, I am extremely disappoint.Iron Man does look iffy. I reckon they could have easily made a custom helmet that weren't so big, but they had to bulk it up to add the opening function. If they wanted to have Tony's face visible, they should have just made the helmet come off and included a hairpiece! Perhaps Marvel insisted upon having the "opening" function; I just don't know.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don´t know about you, but I find the Iron Man minifig adorable. :P It reminds me of the cute Clone Troopers.The action figures are nothing too special. Iron Man looks best for obvious reasons, but Captain America´s armor is too strange, and Hulk´s silver pieces are awful and use an unsatisfactory justification. Still better than Galidor and not worse than Ben 10. Still, I continue to think that LEGO doesn´t work too well for larger organic figures.Thanks for the pics, looking forward to the rest! :)~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Iron Fig should have an extra body armor piece, IMO. Something similar to Samurai or Knight's armor they've done for other 'figs in the past. Then the head would look less huge.In general -- some of the system sets here are alright, but mostly missing, IMO, that "cool" factor that a lot of modern sets have, and the buildfigs still mostly look over-cheesy to me (mainly the faces). Oh well... But yeah, big Iron Man looks awesome. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Iron Fig should have an extra body armor piece, IMO. Something similar to Samurai or Knight's armor they've done for other 'figs in the past. Then the head would look less huge.In general -- some of the system sets here are alright, but mostly missing, IMO, that "cool" factor that a lot of modern sets have, and the buildfigs still mostly look over-cheesy to me (mainly the faces). Oh well... But yeah, big Iron Man looks awesome. :)

I agree, an extra body armor piece could work just as well to compensate for the head size. Something like the hockey player's padding would be ideal, as it could be printed to retain that simple "LEGO" look but still bulk the torso up.Speaking of bulked up, how about that Hulk figure? He looks, simply put, amazing. Even hulked out he retains the cylindrical minifig face and squared-off minifig feet.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Perhaps Iron Man's head is so large because of his oversized ego? :PHonestly though, I kind of like his oversized head. I find it hillarious.Though, I have to say LEGO, you have done SO MUCH RIGHT with that Deadpool figure... But I have to say, where's my Sam Jackson! I WANT MY NICK FURY!! Though one thing I do have to point out though is some of their faces just... Don't look right to me. Like Hawkeye for example. His face just... Doesn't make me think at all of Hawkeye.P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!!:tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

I like Iron Man. The head, as Tilius said, isn't far from what Batman's is, and it's justified by the flip-up face, which I'd say is darn worth it. Though it'd be cooler if it "slid" up like on regular helmets.Plus, it's still a prototype. The size may not change that much for the production run, but experience tells me that the smooth finalized version won't look as bulky and obtrusive as the "fuzzy" prototypes.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

The helmet is the same size as batman's cowl, but on batman it looks... justified. Iron man's helmet doesn't have the ear thingies that made batman's big. I am hugely disappointed. Iron man would had been so cool if they had just printed his face... *tear*But that deadpool/magneto/wolverine helicopter is so awesome! It's like they took all the best characters and put them in one set! Also, I'm worried. Lego sets are getting expensive to the point of being unaffordable.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I personally like the Iron Man figure alot. It's not much more oversized than, say, Batman's cowl.Also, in the picture of the Batman Funhouse set, the Riddler has a green hat, but in the actual set on release right now it's grey. Is this an update that's going to be in future versions?- Tilius

No, the green hat was a painted prototype piece that lacked the question mark print. I'm certain the Medium Stone Grey hat with the question mark print is here to stay.

I've never heard of deadpool or the magma guy, but I want to get the chopper because it's in my price range, has some cool parts, and I can invest in the minifigs. Otherwise, these set look fantastic, but they're not really my theme at all.

By "magma guy" were you referring to Magneto? You know, the #1 antagonist of the X-Men who has magnetism (not magma) powers? If so, I am extremely disappoint.Iron Man does look iffy. I reckon they could have easily made a custom helmet that weren't so big, but they had to bulk it up to add the opening function. If they wanted to have Tony's face visible, they should have just made the helmet come off and included a hairpiece! Perhaps Marvel insisted upon having the "opening" function; I just don't know.
That's exactly who I mean, Magneto. I'm afraid I use up all of my nerd points on Lego and don't follow many other epic storylines. My apologies for any soul-crushing dissapointment and/or death this may have caused. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Perhaps Iron Man's head is so large because of his oversized ego? :P

This.In any case, I too like the Iron Man fig. I've seen the prototype/test/whatever where the design was printed on the usual fig head and I like the actual helmet much much more.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Batman, Green Lantern, Iron Man, and Captain America are okay, and have some interesting parts. The Joker is hideous, though, as is the Hulk. LEGO could have done so much better ...I'm pretty sure those are prototypes in the System section, especially when compared to the prototype pictures we've seen in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if Loki's helmet is slightly different in the released version, because it, too, appears to be a prototype.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg