BZPStuck - Official Topic

InnerRayg

[bulltop]: Speak to this man of the really important things. You know, those things.

[bulltop]: Dance for us, puppet!

These past updates have been incredible, really excited to see where this is going. The fact we are approaching the end of the act is surprising, honestly. =P

[bulltop]: Speak to this man of the really important things. You know, those things.[bulltop]: Dance for us, puppet! These past updates have been incredible, really excited to see where this is going. The fact we are approaching the end of the act is surprising, honestly. =P

Sure, it's only been just under a YEAR since we started.

Wow really a year? GEEZE.

Well it's gettin close, so close I can SMELL IT.

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

[bulltop]: Don't take this command. Okay, I just had to say that. I don't think I've posted here yet, so I'll just right out and say it - this is one of the most fantastic things I've seen come from BZP in all my time on it, as guest and member. It's clever, silly, fun, captivating, and I can hardly wait for the next update every time.Really looking forward to seeing where you guys take this next, I never know what to expect next!

Updates! Updates for everyone!Really glad to see this picking up some steam, at least for a little while.And the "You're banned" joke may have been the best one yet haha. I know I should've seen it coming, but for some reason didn't... But that made it even funnier.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

He's not Black Six the administrator of BZPower.He is a fictional character I made who wears a Black Six on his chest whose name sounds a lot like BlackSix the administrator's, and also is probably gone mad with power. Poor guy.Anyway sorry for the delay folks, trying to get a flash to you - hoping it will be up soon.

webbanner.gif

Bulltop is based on Black Six, Ray is based on InnerRayg, Brian is based on Makaru, Hannah is based on LehvakLah, and Andrew is functionally indistinguishable from McSmeag.
Well, it is important to clarify that there are two types of characters we are talking about here - Players are like me, Makaru, LehvakLah, and this guy up here ^. Their characters are all either written directly by them or sometimes written by me with their signature of approval - it's roleplaying. Bulltop is based on Black Six, but Black Six is not playing - everything written that is attributed to his character is by me or one of the other story contributors and is not seen by him before it is posted. Now, he does read the comic and he is a good friend of mine IRL so I try to play it somewhat close to his personality, but with the ordinary cartoonish overexaggeration you'd expect of such a silly enterprise.So that's the deal. There's eight total players, six of which are staff and two of which are special guests. HOWEVER, there are other characters you'll be meeting down the road who are based on members, and while it will hopefully become pretty obvious who they are, they won't be directly referenced as that member and that member will have little to no real influence on what happens with the characters.

webbanner.gif

omg SNORE ALERT wow ray

actually i wouldn't call any of this "role-playing" - the characters are facsimiles of us and our friends (some are nearly-identical to the actual person; others have some major differences) we've been pretty carefully crafting a narrative with specific discernible plot and character arcs and recurring motifs and themes (many of which haven't been introduced yet). there's some element of immediacy and interaction in it, but that's through the readers more than us. this isn't role-playing any more than richard ii is "monarchizing"

So that's the deal. There's eight total players, six of which are staff and two of which are special guests.

five and three, not six and two :/

bring back "an cool dude"

omg SNORE ALERT wow ray actually i wouldn't call any of this "role-playing" - the characters are facsimiles of us and our friends (some are nearly-identical to the actual person; others have some major differences) we've been pretty carefully crafting a narrative with specific discernible plot and character arcs and recurring motifs and themes (many of which haven't been introduced yet). there's some element of immediacy and interaction in it, but that's through the readers more than us. this isn't role-playing any more than richard ii is "monarchizing"

So that's the deal. There's eight total players, six of which are staff and two of which are special guests.

five and three, not six and two :/

You'll always be staff...of my heart.Anyway the flash is 100% animated and 66% musicified. Aiming for a tonight posting.[Flash]: GET POSTED SOON.

webbanner.gif

Wow I can't believe I missed the black six.How long does it typically take you to make a batch of these updates?
It really depends on the update. I'll be honest, if it's just me writing and drawing I can have a good five to ten panels done every night no sweat. The delays happen because this is a collaborative effort, and for some reason not everyone is as lucky as I am (read: unemployed) to have so much free time . So if say Makaru's writing an update, he's gotta write what he wants to happen, send it to me, wait for me to finish drawing, then I send it back to him to approve everything, and assuming there are no alterations we then post it. There are rarely no alterations. This process usually takes at least a couple days, but in practice usually ends up being more like a week. Then there are the chatlogs. Oh goodness the chatlogs. They usually take at least a couple hours to get finished, and obviously they have to wait until both parties are available which is often not the case. Then they have to be edited, formatted, and coded for the forums.I do so hate chatlogs.Luckily all these delays do give me time to work on flash animations. That's why there's about to be a pretty big couple of ones all together at once.

webbanner.gif

Oh boy. That deconstitution finally came back to bite the scenery in the rocks. So proud.Super fun flash, by the way. The animation in particular was really great! Smoother than most MSPA ones, ha.

Thanks! I'm trying to improve as best I can with this stuff.

Also don't worry, I'm sure that the ensuing rockslide caused by the sudden destabilization of that mesa will in no way be relevant in the near future.

webbanner.gif

Woops! Looks like the perspective changed again, right at a dramatically precipitous moment. How does that even keep HAPPENING?

Boy I sure hope all these cliffhangers are resolved in a way that is both flashy and exciting.

[brian]: Run from this man!

[brian]: Don't believe his lies

[brian]: Realize this GENTLEMAN isn't (and indeed never) was A MAN; he is an ALIEN FREAK.

[brian]: Don't die.

webbanner.gif

Well nice to see Brian again, though I do wish he would wake up. The PATRIOTIC gentlemen is up to no good obviously. Also the scene where the PATRIOTIC gentleman is retrieving the light stone there is Matoran text written behind him. Would anyone be so kind as to translate that? I don't speak Matoran sadly.

[brian]: Abruptly wake up right when the gentleman is about reveal plot critical information!

[brian]: Be PI or cardinalPuffin either one works

[bulltop]: I'm sorry I asked you to do that can we try again?

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Well nice to see Brian again, though I do wish he would wake up. The PATRIOTIC gentlemen is up to no good obviously. Also the scene where the PATRIOTIC gentleman is retrieving the light stone there is Matoran text written behind him. Would anyone be so kind as to translate that? I don't speak Matoran sadly.

Nerd to the rescue! It's rather dark, and a lot of the text is obscured, but here's what I can make out:

... of this realm may i-

-hty threshold - oni-

...the power...

-hemselves...

...of the hu- (looks like the next letter is a B)

... symbol of...

-n the rke-

...and our o-

...the one who...

...we await t-

... will ease our (m)inds. we awa-

...who will fin- safe spac-

-it the one who w-l give us...

...free us from ou- -ondage. an-

More to follow. I'm gonna download the first frame which doesn't have the captchalogue in it and try to find more text.

This is totally worth my time.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Messed around with the contrast a bit.

contrast.png

ough which our guardians may

ir own. none of this realm may

ough its mighty threshold - on
beings gifted wi(th) the power
(ima)gination may fi(nd t)hemselves
ide the mighty b---s of the hu
circular visage - - symbol o
e in tryin(g) times, ----n the rk
seeks to (con)sume ----and our
ot at ease. w-- ---the one wh
l bind us with bl---. we await
who will ease ou- -inds. we awa(it)
one who will fin--s safe spa
wait the one who w(il)l give us
to free us from ou(r b)ondage. a
Dashed stuff is behind the alien guy. Stuff in parentheses was guessed based on the text around it.
Edit - Looks like the next panel has some text too, but a lot of it is obscured by Brian, the alien, and the computer.
Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png