BZPStuck - Official Topic

InnerRayg

At long last we are back! My apologies again for the rather extended break this time - There's a litany of factors, none of them important and all pretty much mitigated at this point. Anyway, let's do dis thang[brian]: Ogle horrifying deathmachine[brian]: Recall your dream[brian]: Get the heck outta there!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

This comic was good before it started jumping around so much. Now it's just jumped....the shark.

I actually just did a reread and it flows quite nicely when you take it all in at once. That said, the slow pace has certainly hurt our work at this moment and I do apologize.

webbanner.gif

We're sticking with Brian for a good amount of time for this bit.

Unfortunately, a lot of the jumps we've had to do lately have been partly driven by availability of the players. This summer has been a little hectic for everyone, but now that things are slowing down again, we're looking to get back on track.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Aaaah, that's good to hear. Player availability is a nasty thing, I'm dealing with that myself in a tiny text RPG I'm playing with friends...

[brian]: Read the notebook on the floor.

[brian]: Quickly retrieve Lewa Nuva and Captchalogue.

[brian]: Step on the thing in the middle of the room. Hope it's not a teleportation pad.

[brian]: Press random buttons until you hear an explosion in the distance.

IrMSNn3.png

This comic was good before it started jumping around so much. Now it's just jumped....the shark.

I actually just did a reread and it flows quite nicely when you take it all in at once. That said, the slow pace has certainly hurt our work at this moment and I do apologize.

Maybe is CRAZY RAY LA-LA LAND where everything is OPPOSITE 9______9

I also agree that the character jumps should slow down a lot. Could we possibly stick with one character for... let's see, more than one update? Also, it would be quite nice if we weren't jumping around in time as well as space. One would fine. Both is just silly.

Yeah, the character jumps are fine, but the time jumps are really hurting things. Definitely a major detriment to the narrative, and to keeping attention and interest. Can we put a full-stop on the confusing time jumps?

bring back "an cool dude"

I also agree that the character jumps should slow down a lot. Could we possibly stick with one character for... let's see, more than one update? Also, it would be quite nice if we weren't jumping around in time as well as space. One would fine. Both is just silly.

Yeah, the character jumps are fine, but the time jumps are really hurting things. Definitely a major detriment to the narrative, and to keeping attention and interest. Can we put a full-stop on the confusing time jumps?

They are pretty unavoidable when half the players hadn't even started a year into the story. We had to go back and explain what they were doing during the earlier shenanigans.

webbanner.gif

They are pretty unavoidable when half the players hadn't even started a year into the story. We had to go back and explain what they were doing during the earlier shenanigans.

But now all of them are in except one. We don't need to do them anymore. Eat it.

I'm cool with flashbacks - it's pretty common in any media to show the same timeframe from different perspectives. Something about the way you guys were doing it, though, turned into a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

IrMSNn3.png

I'm cool with flashbacks - it's pretty common in any media to show the same timeframe from different perspectives. Something about the way you guys were doing it, though, turned into a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

I think it's the flash-forwards that are really killing the reading experience. Flashbacks are fine when handled properly, and in general they have been handled well in this comic. But the flash-forwards where we're suddenly jumping ahead in time, and seeing scenarios be totally different without any context for why they are and how it happened - that's just killer on the reader. It's not pleasant to read, and it's completely confusing from a narrative perspective.

Now, I know that the characters are not all 100% synced up time-wise when they're introduced, and that's fine. That's part of the medium. But once they are introduced and we're into the thick of the story, let's try to keep things linear, you know? Let's not hop forward within one character's perspective. It's confusing and it's bad storytelling and I don't care if Homestuck does it because it was awful when they did it too and we're supposed to be better than Homestuck.

[Eighth Player]: Introduce yourself

[Timelines]: Sync

[story]: Become comprehensible

Bam. You can thank me with monetary or cosmetic donations.

You know what else kills readership enjoyment? Content provider infighting. Solution: Let's set up a planning session and hash it out because I miss you two and when we talked about this into the wee hours of the morning.

Bam. That one's free.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 2 months later...

Hoo boy. So obviously we lost a lot of content - which happens, we still have the off site versions in tact, so my question to you guys is:Would you be upset if we just linked to the mirror in the comic topic for the missed pages then resumed with the latest updates or would you prefer we try to rebuild the entire thing? Obviously I'd prefer the first option but if there's someone who relies on the forum version for some reason I can accommodate. Let me know what you think.

webbanner.gif

• 2 months later...

Like a pheonix from the ashes, we have finally risen again to bring you the first of what I promise is going to be an absolute DELUGE of content - and fittingly, a flash animation to delight and entertain!

preview1ohcanada.gif
[brian]: Fight droid to the death.

The epic battle begins!

Now this hasn't been mirrored yet in the topic, but it will be soon.

However, I've been meaning to ask this for a little while and now seems like a good time; is there anyone who actively uses the topic as their main way to read the comic? Alternatively, would anyone be seriously miffed if we stopped updating the thread and simply linked to the latest update here in the discussion topic?

The reason I am considering this is because formatting these things for the forum is a major time sink and actively delays us when people can't post their own bits on time, and in addition the thread itself is degrading quite badly with several posts completely broken. In addition it is impossible for me to go in and edit posts that aren't made by myself, meaning errors or corrections are impossible to do (or nearly, unless you're willing to send a PM every few weeks to someone begging them to go fix a misplaced period or whatever). Plus when each page begins to get longer it starts taking a dreadfully long time to load - in contrast with the mirror which displays the comic in the intended format, one page at a time, and comes with lots of easy navigation buttons on it for your use. So any input on this would be appreciated. Thanks guys, and enjoy what we've got coming next!

webbanner.gif

However, I've been meaning to ask this for a little while and now seems like a good time; is there anyone who actively uses the topic as their main way to read the comic? Alternatively, would anyone be seriously miffed if we stopped updating the thread and simply linked to the latest update here in the discussion topic?

Not at all. It seems like a huge pain in the butt and tends to hold stuff back and I personally don't even check it because it loads weird.

I would be alright with it. I often go to the main topic and find that some of the images haven't loaded correctly. Though I blame my computer for this, I do think that going to the site would make this a non-issue for me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thanks for the input guys - I think we'll keep posting the next two updates up in the topic anyway but after that we'll probably quietly de-pin it and just adopt to using this topic as a catchall. If anyone else has feedback though I would love to hear it, I don't want to ruin the experience if there's someone who relies on it.

webbanner.gif

Woahhhh new update time!

As usual, here are the Matoran translations (this one's easy because there's nothing obstructing the text):

Initializing...

Guardian awakened...

Translation requested...

And on the sides:

PC TARAKAVA

PC NUIRAMA

[bottom] PC USSALCRAB

Edit: Oops... read further and the authors actually translated the first part in-comic :(

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Woahhhh new update time!

As usual, here are the Matoran translations (this one's easy because there's nothing obstructing the text):

Initializing...

Guardian awakened...

Translation requested...

And on the sides:

PC TARAKAVA

PC NUIRAMA

[bottom] PC USSALCRAB

Edit: Oops... read further and the authors actually translated the first part in-comic :(

Hehe I want you to know I almost originally left it all in matoran just for you, but I figured I should probably translate it so people could actually understand what was going on.

But I left the side easter eggs in so you'd have something to do ;)

In additon, I'm pleased to announce Part 2 of the megaupdate! Enjoy this flash, it's definitely a labor of love :)

preview2sweetcanada.gif

Click me to go to the mirror!

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif

haha I hadn't posted about it here yet, but if the above posts weren't a good clue there's been a new update.

preview3.gif

Which concludes the megaupdate, but not the daily updates. So enjoy, and keep those commands a comin.

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif