BZPStuck - Official Topic

InnerRayg

My lips are sealed.

Anyway guys, I've realized my hopeful predictions were a little off. Tomorrow will be the anniversary but I won't have anything to celebrate it :( - your special surprise won't be for another week. My sincere apologies.

I should have something drawn tomorrow, tonight I'm not up to it. Haha.

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Alright guys.

It's been much delayed, abetted, halted, and darn near canceled, but it's finally here. This is a project I've been working on almost since the beginning of Act 2, and while I originally hoped to have it to you somewhere in the beginning of 2013, numerous delays impeded our progress; namely, the main guy I originally hired to program this beauty ended up quitting. Luckily our very own HAHLI HUSKY stepped up to the task, and with her incredible work, I'm finally ready to present to you.

STORM AND SAND, the first interactive game in BZPStuck.

preview4.gif

There's a few pages in between this and what is my present to you all, but I hope you enjoy our work and let me know what you think.

For those who have finished:

Yes, there are a few errors yet, and we hope to smooth as many as we can out but a few will continue to persist. Known problems: Text fields not properly clearing when advanced; errent text boxes when transitioning scenes; "popping" of elements when returning to screens that have had elements removed; Matching tiles that have already been solved still needing their partner clicked when they are selected a second time; Tile game finishing before all tiles have been matched. The only GAME BREAKING error we know so far is if one does not pick up the staff in the beginning and then advances all the way through to the end character, then backtracks. You will not be able to reach the final screen anymore. It is being worked on.

We also intend to do a fun let's play version of this with our very own Makaru, so stay tuned!

*breathes out huge sigh of relief* Phew. Alright folks I'm off to relax for like an hour haha.

Edited by InnerRayg
  • Upvote 2

webbanner.gif

I'm going to put this in spoilers in case someone reads this before playing the game.

Well, I wasn't expecting an interactive game to come from this. And a great and funny one at that! :) I really enjoyed it. Especially the talking beetle. He had some funny lines. And I bet he's just in denial about being from New Jersey. :P I can't wait to see Makaru Let's Play this.

And now for commands.

[Ray]: Tell the person who released you that you can breathe in space.

[Ray]: Destroy the sand toilet before you leave.

[Ray]: Ask for Tahusprite's current location.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

FYI friends, I'm gonna be fixing some of the stuff that broke tonight/tomorrow (I think some of it happened because I had to upgrade my program before creating the downloadable file.) Until the new version comes out, just don't rush through the game. If you take your time and check everything out, you'll probably reach the ending no problem. And if you wanna, you can have some fun trying to break it! I've run through it so many times that I can complete it in 50 seconds, and sometimes wild stuff happens when you go light speed on the poor program.

I've plugged these a lot because they're totally hilarious, but there's also two sweet easter eggs to find.

Oh wow, I have so much MNOLG nostalgia right now! That could have something to do with the fact that MNOLG is the only - or at least most memorable - point and click adventure I've ever played, but...

Out of curiosity, what software was this? It doesn't look like Flash or Game Maker or any of the typical suspects for this sort of thing.

Oh, and as per my duties, the Matoran translations (seriously, how did I become the translation nerd):

RGjbrUT.png

v67robi.png

7FYblJ2.png

• Upvote 1

IrMSNn3.png

What kind of designer would carve the wall first then put stairs in front of them so it covers up the words? That's just bad engineering IMO.

Edit: Looks like the translations not quite perfect but with the crazy perspective I'm not surprised.

Oops I dropped this

We are forever indebted to the beings who gave us life - for they are our progenitors. It is through them that all in this realm comes to be. These great beings come from a world far away, twisted through the tunnels of SPACE and TIME, and their power is so great that they may not only harness the mighty forces of IMAGINATION, but indeed they are capable of producing it at will. Their first emissary was the greatest of all, whose work brings us closer to them every day. They feed us through their minds, and we refine it so they may also feel the gift as it flows through our world and back to theirs.

Edited by InnerRayg

webbanner.gif

Out of curiosity, what software was this? It doesn't look like Flash or Game Maker or any of the typical suspects for this sort of thing.

I used a program called Multimedia Fusion Developer 2, created by Clickteam (the newer version of the software is just called Fusion 2.5.) The company also makes a simpler version of the program, called The Games Factory. The program is focused more on creating a game via a visual interface and numerical input and calculations, instead of something like Action Script. :) However, it still employs a lot of Action Script concepts, so you still have to work heavily in "if [x], then [x]" ways.

Edited by Hahli Husky
  • Upvote 1

Alright, a slightly updated version of the game has been uploaded which fixes some of the more egregious bugs - there are going to continue to be a few visual quirks that sadly don't have a good solution, but the game is solidly playable and very hard to break, which is the most important thing for me.

In any case, I'm slowly getting back into the groove of regular updates!

1604.gif

• Upvote 2

webbanner.gif

I used a program called Multimedia Fusion Developer 2, created by Clickteam (the newer version of the software is just called Fusion 2.5.) The company also makes a simpler version of the program, called The Games Factory. The program is focused more on creating a game via a visual interface and numerical input and calculations, instead of something like Action Script. :) However, it still employs a lot of Action Script concepts, so you still have to work heavily in "if [x], then [x]" ways.

Oh hey, I forgot MFD2 was still used, have you considered using MFD3 Alpha?

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Oh hey, I forgot MFD2 was still used, have you considered using MFD3 Alpha?

No, I actually have never heard of it and Google's not giving any info on it.

I want BIONICLE villager minifigs really badly.

Me too man, me too. Designing figs is probably my second favorite part of this whole thing.

In any case, I have a pretty big update - that's right, after 1600 pages, I'm finally going to explain what the heck is going on. ABOUT TIME.

1620.gif

In the time before time...

• Upvote 1

webbanner.gif

When in doubt, always CAPITALIZE THINGS even when it BECOMES TEDIOUS.

Last year, I INDUBITABLY perpetuated this rule when TAKING NOTES regarding EPIC HEROES, all the while adding ALLITERATIVE ADJECTIVES. Those notes were HANDWRITTEN.

[Ray]: Be Andrew.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Honestly the whole RAW IMAGINATION reminds me so much of LittleBigPlanet. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not (probably not), but whatever PLOT ADVANCEMENTS!

[Ray]: Contemplate meaning of this

[Ray]: Be Brian

I honestly have never played the game and know basically nothing about it, so it's just a coincidence!

Also what is Energized Protodermis? I'm sure I've never heard of anything like that!

webbanner.gif

Honestly the whole RAW IMAGINATION reminds me so much of LittleBigPlanet. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not (probably not), but whatever PLOT ADVANCEMENTS!

[Ray]: Contemplate meaning of this

[Ray]: Be Brian

I honestly have never played the game and know basically nothing about it, so it's just a coincidence!

Also what is Energized Protodermis? I'm sure I've never heard of anything like that!

LBP 1 & 2 are reasons to get the PS3, but for clarification here's the opening to LBP 2:

Edited by Scanty Demon

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

1623b.gif
The devastation was incredible

Sorry, this update ended up taking a little while just to generate all the assets, but exposition p2 is here! Sorry I didn't get much in the way of commands in, this is another one of those things I've kind of been planning since the beginning (don't believe me? Boom. That's right, I was hinting at the existence of the many kings even back then!)

If you guys would like you can take this opportunity to use the next bit to "ask" our narrators to further explain things that aren't clear to you or you have questions about - just to make sure my exposition is coming across correctly. Edited by InnerRayg
  • Upvote 1

webbanner.gif