BZPStuck - Official Topic

InnerRayg

I openly admitted this is an abuse of power. Debate over!Also yes, we're having some issues with the update schedule. I'm working on a better system now. It might end up better if I just did all the art and people supplied the transcripts. More info soon; however I recognize that six days without one is unacceptable with no reason behind it like a flash; this will not happen again if it's in my power.I'm sorry everyone.

Edited by Mr. Hyde

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Well, I read the first one...I don't get it.Also, isn't pinning your comic/game/whatever in GD a little abuse of moderator powers?

I would encourage you to read the first post in this discussion topic, which explains the thing.As for the moderator thing, technically, no. The Comics forum is reserved for Lego/Bionicle comics: this is a BZPower themed comic, and discussing our history (the downtime) and people in it is technically the function of GD, and this thing does ride the line between Games & Trivia and a comic, which is also a function of this forum (taking up things that don't fit elsewhere).Now as for pinning it, I suppose it could be considered as such. But I think the purpose of pinning topics is to bring to members' attention things that they need to know about or so they can find them easily because they are items of interest to a large number of people. I believe that this would fall in the latter category; however it is one moderator's personal project. It's one of those fuzzy gray areas, which can quickly turn black, IMO.
Why would they need to know about this?And if we pinned all the large interest topics, why isn't the pet peeves topic pinned? d=Also, it makes more sense now that I know what this is.
The pet peeves topic, judging by its popularity, doesn't need pinned. :PAlso, it wasn't started by moderators. That function of pinning I mentioned is used when the moderators believe that something is of such important interest to a large number of members that it needs to stay at the top of the forum so everyone can easily find it. For example, I remember a while back bonesiii pinned the results of the ATYU 2 to the top of the S &T forum. People wanted to see the results of that, and bones didn't want people to miss it because there were a bunch of other firey debates in there that would have shoved it down the forum list. This forum is like that as well, and the moderators don't want people to miss this. So yes, it does fringe on the power abuse thing. Glad you now know. :)

Well, I read the first one...I don't get it.Also, isn't pinning your comic/game/whatever in GD a little abuse of moderator powers?

I would encourage you to read the first post in this discussion topic, which explains the thing.As for the moderator thing, technically, no. The Comics forum is reserved for Lego/Bionicle comics: this is a BZPower themed comic, and discussing our history (the downtime) and people in it is technically the function of GD, and this thing does ride the line between Games & Trivia and a comic, which is also a function of this forum (taking up things that don't fit elsewhere).Now as for pinning it, I suppose it could be considered as such. But I think the purpose of pinning topics is to bring to members' attention things that they need to know about or so they can find them easily because they are items of interest to a large number of people. I believe that this would fall in the latter category; however it is one moderator's personal project. It's one of those fuzzy gray areas, which can quickly turn black, IMO.
Why would they need to know about this?And if we pinned all the large interest topics, why isn't the pet peeves topic pinned? d=Also, it makes more sense now that I know what this is.
The pet peeves topic, judging by its popularity, doesn't need pinned. :PAlso, it wasn't started by moderators. That function of pinning I mentioned is used when the moderators believe that something is of such important interest to a large number of members that it needs to stay at the top of the forum so everyone can easily find it. For example, I remember a while back bonesiii pinned the results of the ATYU 2 to the top of the S &T forum. People wanted to see the results of that, and bones didn't want people to miss it because there were a bunch of other firey debates in there that would have shoved it down the forum list. This forum is like that as well, and the moderators don't want people to miss this. So yes, it does fringe on the power abuse thing.Glad you now know. :)
But that was an official contest.

Like I said. Flagrant abuse of power. Obvious example of the staff overstepping the bounds. All that good stuff. I'm being totally honest about it, no doublespeak. Enjoy!

Don't ice me bro.

Like I said. Flagrant abuse of power. Obvious example of the staff overstepping the bounds. All that good stuff. I'm being totally honest about it, no doublespeak. Enjoy!

When those meant to hold people accountable cannot be held accountable themselves, corruption inevitably results. Let these topics serve as a safety valve for that corruption, lest it inflict the rest of the forums! Seriously, however, where did you admit this the first time? I see no record of such admission before this debate appeared.

In all seriousness, do you remember Staff Survivor or "Into the Deep"? The staff have, a few times in the past, done adventures like RPGs for the community to watch or slightly interact with, and they've always been big hits and everyone really enjoyed them. Talking about those is how BZPstuck kind of got started. It's a staff RPG with interaction from the members and a few non-staff members participating. We could have made the non-staff members staff just to make it super safe, but that might have been over-stepping more. ;)

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Alright I lied, there was some doublespeak. This isn't truly just me saying I don't play by the rules in my best Hugh Laurie voice and throwing the rulebook out the window. There is precedance. Pat's right on the money, we've always done staff RPGs as pinned topics and I said as much in the opening post. Is it completely fair? Probably not, and there's some truth to it being I guess, an "abuse". Is it worth being angry about? Also probably not. It'll go away in a few months if you don't like it, but I'd hope you will come to as it progresses.

Edited by Mr. Hyde

webbanner.gif

In all seriousness, do you remember Staff Survivor or "Into the Deep"? The staff have, a few times in the past, done adventures like RPGs for the community to watch or slightly interact with, and they've always been big hits and everyone really enjoyed them. Talking about those is how BZPstuck kind of got started. It's a staff RPG with interaction from the members and a few non-staff members participating. We could have made the non-staff members staff just to make it super safe, but that might have been over-stepping more. ;)
I don't ever pay attention to the RPGs, or games. So no, I don't. :P

Seriously, however, where did you admit this the first time? I see no record of such admission before this debate appeared.

I was always under the impression that the member populace considered we, the staff, as tyrants in our own regard. Thus, our admittance to flagrant power abuse is, while unspoken, well known.Unless we aren't the autocratic oligarchy that we've been made out to be?

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Seriously, however, where did you admit this the first time? I see no record of such admission before this debate appeared.

I was always under the impression that the member populace considered we, the staff, as tyrants in our own regard. Thus, our admittance to flagrant power abuse is, while unspoken, well known.Unless we aren't the autocratic oligarchy that we've been made out to be?
Considering that we, the members, willingly submit to this particular form of government and can leave at any time, I would concur that tryranny is not particularly present. After all, if we don't approve of your actions, we can always bail and leave this site an inactive ruin.***All right, back to the game:[Andrew]: Check the adjacent room to see if your roommate is in there. Edited by fishers64

Yes you are, and B6 is LITERALLY HITLER./sOkay anyways:[Andrew]: Be David BowieWho is this David Bowie chap anyways, besides the obvious (a musician)? I have a friend obsessed with him, but I don't know #### about the musics. Everything I listen to is from a video game and completely instrumental.-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

[Andrew]: Investigate the MYSTERIOUS TICKING NOISE coming from your CLOSET.Alternatively,[Andrew]: Investigate why the guy who's second from the right on the The Kinks' album cover looks so much like MICHAEL PALIN from MONTY PYTHON.-ShyyrnPS: PLEASE let ME know if I am USING excessive CAPITALIZATION in the COMMANDS. If I am, APOLOGIES in advance. :P

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Sry but the spoilers doesn't show :(

Is JavaScript enabled in your browser? Spoilers usually don't show for me whenever I've accidentally turned them off.
Is updated and enabled. Checking again, anyway
Interesting. What browser are you using?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

[Andrew]: Play with Pinkie Pie to make yourself feel better.Name guessing time!!!CP: (a.k.a. cardinalPuffin) is clearly Tufi.ID: (a.k.a. inibreiatedDictator [i'm gonna pretend i spelled that right]) is probably B6.MM: I'm assuming is Makaru, a.k.a. the "Multi-purpose Minion"TD: Yeah, I've got nothing for this one. I know Than's a techy, but that's about it.

jlovfkk.jpg

[Andrew]: Play with Pinkie Pie to make yourself feel better.Name guessing time!!!CP: (a.k.a. cardinalPuffin) is clearly Tufi.ID: (a.k.a. inibreiatedDictator [i'm gonna pretend i spelled that right]) is probably B6.MM: I'm assuming is Makaru, a.k.a. the "Multi-purpose Minion"TD: Yeah, I've got nothing for this one. I know Than's a techy, but that's about it.

You forgot to guess who PI is!

webbanner.gif

You forgot to guess who PI is!
Wind maybe? 'P' could stand for Piano.
jlovfkk.jpg

WHOA. Okay this is awesome XDDD, I'll input some commands when I finish reading the current comics....Maybe this is a stupid question, but "[Ray]:::::" means one of the 8 staff members' commands right?EDIT:[Andrew]: Check Soundwave's chest for hidden objects

Edited by Hakann-The Bully

hakann_sig_copy.jpg