LEGO Minecraft Set Revealed

As previously teased, LEGO and Mojang have officially announced LEGO Minecraft Micro World today at the LEGO World event in Copenhagen, Denmark. You can see pictures and preorder it <a href="http://www.jinx.com/LEGOMinecraft" target="offiste">right here</a>. It looks like and interesting set and hopefully it will sell well. For all the details in the full press release, read on!

View the full article

Woah, this is awesome! too bad it's high priced, or I would get one. This is so cool I made an avatra about it!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I like! Great idea, given that it's Minecraft, to make it with a subterranean level, and custom -- few LEGO sets have that. And it looks like a great way to get 1 x 1 pieces for MOCing -- another thing many sets lack.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Awesome! I wanted it to be a micro set. I look forward to seeing the minifigs.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Really neat. I <3 the creeper fig, and all those tiles and 1x1 bricks will be great for MOCs. Really, it's Minecraft and Lego Bricks, how could it go wrong?-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

That's a fine-looking set. And just $35 for 480 pieces? That's also a good deal. I may not order it, but I'm impressed.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I really want this set, but I'm torn. On one hand it would look awesome next to my desk, but on the other hand I just moved into my own place and moneys kinda tight right now.

Edited by Serpent of Fire
I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

Before I start making assumptions and am reprimanded by those who like to do that sort of thing, I think I need to get some feedback from the BZP community.Are there any non-Minecraft fans who find this set in any way appealing?I get that this is a Minecraft set, and as someone who has never played Minecraft, and probably never will, I'm not exactly the target audience, but in my opinion, this set is garbage. It doesn't seem to incorporate any interesting building techniques, and there are no cool minifigs. I fail to see any redeeming qualities with this set.Like I said, I know I'm not the main demographic for this theme, but it really includes nothing of interest for me. And this isn't just about my bias against the line. I have zero interest in Harry Potter, never read the books, never saw the movies, but I can appreciate fantastic sets such as Diagon Alley and incredible minifigs like Bellatrix and Molly Weasley. I guess the point is, regardless of my biases about the source material, I can still appreciate a good Lego set, and I do not think this is not a good Lego set.So, is there anyone else who shares this view, or am I just being overly critical and obnoxious?Are there any non-Minecraft fans who like this set?100101001 BC 010010010

Edited by Binary Code

Are there any non-Minecraft fans who find this set in any way appealing?

I've never played the game, though from previews I've seen it looks very fun. See my above post for why this appeals to me, at least. I probably won't buy it, but yeah. Anyways, advice for future: it's best to simply speak for your own tastes and let others speak for themselves. :) And the question doesn't much matter, as naturally people who like this set are going to be inclined to be Minecraft fans, or become. :)And it's like pixel art, which I heart, except 3D, so it's all good. ^_^ Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Minecraft lego was just a really dumb idea if you ask me. You can build those with a regular box of Lego Bricks. Its just a rip off for all the money they're charging.

Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

The minifigs aren't QUITE what I expected.Plus, there's nothing really in it that gives it the Minecraft feel. It looks just like a regular world set.But, I think it's cool. I look forward to its release. ^_^- :b: :c: :2: :1:

What do you mean about the Minecraft feel? It has it for me -- and isn't that basically cubical pixels? In the previews I've seen so far blocky trees are a common characteristic sight in Minecraft, too, as well as subterranean tunnels, and this includes both.

The Minecraft lego was just a really dumb idea if you ask me. You can build those with a regular box of Lego Bricks. Its just a rip off for all the money they're charging.

Actually it's hard to find that many 1 x 1 pieces in one set, as I said earlier. Pick-A-Brick could do it, though, except for the figures. But then that could be said of many LEGO sets, so yeah...And that's actually a decent price. All LEGO prices are higher now than they used to be, though, and I'm seeing this basic complaint a lot in posts, seemingly blaming particular sets, but it has nothing to do with this set specifically. LEGO sets are priced based on the cost of making the pieces and the number, etc. -- and that applies to Pick-A-Brick or anything else. It just costs more now to make them. Edited by bonesiii

I think I find this LEGO Minecraft intresting.I've never played Minecraft before if i want to play it do I have to pay for it? :???:I mean pay for the game not the set.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

I've never played Minecraft before if i want to play it do I have to pay for it? :???:

You don't have to pay for some versions, but you have to buy some others.@The rest of the topic: Was everyone expecting minifigures? Microscale was the most viable choice, so why is everyone so surprised? Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Before I start making assumptions and am reprimanded by those who like to do that sort of thing, I think I need to get some feedback from the BZP community.Are there any non-Minecraft fans who find this set in any way appealing?I get that this is a Minecraft set, and as someone who has never played Minecraft, and probably never will, I'm not exactly the target audience, but in my opinion, this set is garbage. It doesn't seem to incorporate any interesting building techniques, and there are no cool minifigs. I fail to see any redeeming qualities with this set.Like I said, I know I'm not the main demographic for this theme, but it really includes nothing of interest for me. And this isn't just about my bias against the line. I have zero interest in Harry Potter, never read the books, never saw the movies, but I can appreciate fantastic sets such as Diagon Alley and incredible minifigs like Bellatrix and Molly Weasley. I guess the point is, regardless of my biases about the source material, I can still appreciate a good Lego set, and I do not think this is not a good Lego set.So, is there anyone else who shares this view, or am I just being overly critical and obnoxious?Are there any non-Minecraft fans who like this set?100101001 BC 010010010

I don't necessarily want to get the set, but it's very well-designed and looks plenty enjoyable. I like how the sections are able to be rearranged and how there are extra parts included for customizing the model. The figures are cute and the whole landscape is endearingly pixelly.It's not a good set if you expect all LEGO sets to either have lots of play functions or lots of sculptural detail, but as it is this set is meant to be a simple microcosm of a video game landscape and I think it does that remarkably well. The sand, water, and lava details are top notch. It's every bit as remarkable as any other microscale models TLG releases, perhaps moreso because it needs to be faithful to a very distinctive style in its design.

@The rest of the topic: Was everyone expecting minifigures? Microscale was the most viable choice, so why is everyone so surprised?

Oh, I was totally expecting the microscale and rather like the microfigures we're getting. I'm just saying minifigures still would've been nice to see in additiong to this.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I can definitely see where you're coming from with this, even if I don't feel as strongly about it as you do. I've never played Minecraft myself and while, sure, the landscape of the set is interesting, the set's strong point is the novelty of it being Minecraft. While this seems like something that most Minecraft fans would love on their desk, there isn't a lot of appeal to non-Minecrafters (though I'm sure there are some that want the set).Still, it's nice to see the first Cuusoo release outside of Japan. Here's to more Cuusoo sets in the (near) future!-:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

Being both massive fans of LEGO and Minecraft, I have to say, it looks awesome. This is the only licensed set I've seen that I've liked the look of, for a long time. Unfortunate about the price though.

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

I wasn't expecting minifigures: really, there's no way that they could evoke the blocky figure designs of Minecraft with standard minifigures, and it would be asking too much to expect LEGO to develop new molds for what regardless of its success will probably stay a niche product. What I was expecting was either a microscale landscape or macroscale block, and this set doesn't disappoint.One thing that especially piques my interest is Steve's face. I believe this would be the first time we've had printing on the side of a 1 x 1 plate.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The minifigs aren't QUITE what I expected.Plus, there's nothing really in it that gives it the Minecraft feel. It looks just like a regular world set.But, I think it's cool. I look forward to its release. ^_^- :b: :c: :2: :1:

What do you mean about the Minecraft feel? It has it for me -- and isn't that basically cubical pixels? In the previews I've seen so far blocky trees are a common characteristic sight in Minecraft, too, as well as subterranean tunnels, and this includes both.
I'm just saying it could use more things from the game. Such as some ores in the stone etc. (Please don't ban me for arguing with a forum leader. :P)But, I still think it's cool. I really want to get it.-:b::c::2::1:

:I

I think this is exactly how I expected it to be. Far too limiting in scope with no real entertainment value and completely lacking the ease of interaction that makes the game so much fun. As I worried about in the previous discussion topic, not every 'cube' is an individual lego block therefore it's not possible to even mimic progressive mining as is done in the game. Instead it's necessary to partially dismantle much of the set just to create the illusion of a mineshaft that is only just deep enough to stand in and can't be seen once the kit is back together anyway!n my opinion, the great thing about minecraft is that you can just dig away at the world one block at a time without ever knowing when you'll stumble onto a coal vein, dungeon or underground river. This kit does share enough qualities with the game to evoke certain fond memories of playing it but there seems to be no real entertainment value to it, essentially making it an entertaining desktop decoration...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Why are sizes so inconsistent? The trees don't make sense like that (the top few 'blocks' are the sizes of half-blocks) and the whole thing looks really strange in some parts.Though either way it's friggin awesome. And I do understand the complaints coming from those who don't play the game. I will admit it's a bit unexpected for somebody to market an item that is targeted to such a specific audience.-SK

Amazing how quick it was designed. I am not sure I will buy it as I find it a bit expensive for its size, but nevertheless it looks very nice and I hope it ends up being a success. :)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Why are sizes so inconsistent? The trees don't make sense like that (the top few 'blocks' are the sizes of half-blocks) and the whole thing looks really strange in some parts.

Also the colouring is wrong in places. The 'earth' blocks are correct as having soil bottoms and grass tops but there shouldn't be any brown bottoms to the other blocks. As an example, sand, water and stone can all be seen to have an earth bottom in the official pics which is completely wong. They should all be full sized blocks in their own colour. Sand blocks should be tan on top of tan not tan on top of brown.Also what are the transparent blocks doing on the river? Presumably they're intended as part of a waterfall but that's not a feature in the game is it, should just be blue water blocks. Double high blue water blocks that is... Not the wierd brown/blue hybrid blocks they seem to have created for this kit!A lot of people are commenting about the price of this item. I'd be interested to know how much it would cost to just purchase the individual blocks and make it yourself but currently there's no way to know the contents of the kit so guess we'll have to wait!EDIT : Based on the availability and current prices of the generic 1x1 blocks that will make up the majority of these sets I think it would be VERY easy to put together one of these sets for a fraction of the advertised price. Not only that but by purchasing ONLY 1x1 blocks instead of the full height 2x2 blocks and other various sizes used in the kits you retain far more ability to customise the end result of your labours. I'd suggest that $55 could buy you enough bricks to make something significantly larger and more complex than the official Lego product. As an example, the Minecraft Wiki states that 'air' is the most commonly occuring block in the game. Obviously air is not representable in this set so that makes stone the most common block. After that you have a whole load of earth on top and various areas of sand, water, lava, etc. and of course a layer of grass to top off the dirt. Buying the necessary tiles in bulk costs on average $0.05 each (the common ones are around $0.03) so a massive saving on the set itself. Apparently each of these Minecraft Microworlds has 480 pieces altogether and costs I guess $55? I only know it's £35 in the uk. Anyway, there's a guy on bricklink who sells 1x1 tiles 500 at a time for a touch over $5. Basically my point is that this guy could give us 500 earth, stone, sand, snow and water blocks for roughly $25. Given that that's a total of 2,500 bricks (over 5 times what's in each Lego set) at less than half the price, it's definitely the way I'd go about buying if I wanted a Minecraft Lego set! Imagine what you could build with that much? For an extra $7 you could have another 1,500 stone blocks to help with your foundations and then move onto building deserts, tundra and grassland above it all. The $30 you save can buy some of the nice smooth tiles to top it off if you want it to look nice like the official set but you're probably looking at about $0.06 per square. That means you can cover one of Lego's official kits for just over $2 or 200 squares for about $12...I think that puts the high price tag rather into perspective, BUT, I do think it's very cool that Lego are creating such a niche product for what will undoubtedly be a pretty small demographic. The fact they're over-charging for it kind of comes down to the fact that they don't expect to sell many but they've had to set up new production lines to churn them out anyway. It takes time and resources to get something like this past the planning stage and we need to remember how many people and departments would've been working on this. After the designers do their job it goes onto artists for instructions and boxes, even 2 entirely new blocks with Steve's face on! So kudos to Lego for attempting it at all, it IS undoubtedly an expensive way to build yourself a desktop Minecraft world but for once the pricetag is down to the product itself and not petty greed so if you can afford it go buy it. At any rate you can bet there won't be any more sets like this in the future if noone supports this one! Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!