Kyori

Took some inspiration from a certain dA artist's My Little Alchemist series (FMA ponies, FTW!) and thought I should annoy a few anti-bronies (since I'm always snarking on the bronies). Anyways, I decided to mess with Kopaka since everyone loves him so much. Also my little experiment on the biomechanical style for my future Bionicle-related drawings.http://www.brickshel...oa_-_kopaka.jpgYeah, I know some parts aren't that great. And I probably made him look more like the Predator or something. And the spikes were originally intended to be round beads, but i changed my mind after I finished them. Some of them are badly drawn, but I've since mended them on the original picture (and I'm not feeling OCD enough to rescan). Anyways, let the flame war commence! :P

Yeah, I was drawing him from memory (don't have any actual Kopaka sets <_<) and put it on the wrong side. Plus, I don't actually pay much attention to Kopaka except when he's in the story (I would never make this mistake with Takanuva!). Not really part of his fanclub, plus this is what happens when you wander off from a fandom too long (my Bionicle obssession has faded quite a bit when BP went down, and Bioniclestory stopped updating regularly -.-;Maybe I'll redraw him eventually, (I like his regular eye too much to get rid of it) facing the other way.

Edited by Pride

If you took this mainly from his Mata incarnation, as the UDD symbol would seem to indicate, how about adding a few more, smaller, eyepieces around his main zoom-cam eye? There are a ton of reference pictures online.I've always thought that Kopaka, if he had hair, would wear it longer to help protect from the cold, but I'm not sure how much I like it in what appears to be ... dreadlocks? I don't dislike it, but I've kind of always thought it'd be more flowing than that.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

If you took this mainly from his Mata incarnation, as the UDD symbol would seem to indicate, how about adding a few more, smaller, eyepieces around his main zoom-cam eye? There are a ton of reference pictures online.I've always thought that Kopaka, if he had hair, would wear it longer to help protect from the cold, but I'm not sure how much I like it in what appears to be ... dreadlocks? I don't dislike it, but I've kind of always thought it'd be more flowing than that.

Because I thought dreads look more biomechanical. ;) I don't think hair exists in the MU. Oh yeah, and I thought the Predator looked great with them in Alien vs. Predator (not the awfulness that was Requiem) which was set in Antarctica. I like the way the Predators looked among hte ice and snow. Yeah, I admit it, I was partly inspired by the Predator.And I was basing it off the Nuva style, because I like it better. I used UDD because I don't know what else to use as a "cutie mark". Oh, and now i know why I put the eyepiece left; his Phantoka incarnation had it on the left, and I had no other reference for Kopaka and I all but forgot what he looked like (as I said, he's not the top of the list of my favorite characters, as cool as he is). Edited by Pride

Nice! I've never really thought of BIONICLE and ponies together... weird, considering I'm a brony and a huge BIONICLE fan. I really like the hair though, it seems to match the BIONICLE style well. The UDD symbol as a Cutie mark also was a nice touch.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!