Hello everyone :)I wanted to make and upload something for my birthday, some days ago. Unfortunately, le pc decided not to cooperate untill today.That's why I uploaded nothing for Valentine's Day (sorry :D)Without the help of the pc I couldn't make anything new, so here's an old drawing from last year.So, here we go! As always, click the thumbnail ---> kaita_nuva.jpgWhen I drew this, I was wondering "Should I make Wairuha as a girl? He contains Gali afterall".I ended up making both male and female versions, so prepare yourselves for another thumbnail!wairuha_nuva_m-f.jpg (Yes, you can click this one too!)This is the second part of a project I started back in 2010, when I made the Kaita Mata.I promised I would make the Kaita Mata, Nuva and Phantoka/Mistika, and I'll do my best to keep the promise.Comments are welcome, criticism is even more appreciated. I know proportions and armor are weird but I wanted to give that "Nuva" feel and keep the same style from the previous drawing.So, like it? Don't like it? Hate it? Cookie? Leave a post, tell me what you think.Thank you :)Sooner or later I'll upload Takanuva in Tron style, but I still can't decide about his colors! I started working on Gali too. I'll upload them both as soon as possible.

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

It's amazing how with the same model, you really added distinction between the male and female versions of Wairhua.I also really like the idea of Akamai and Wairuha looking like one, larger Toa. I guess that's what they are like, but with the set versions being like they are, you never really know.Great job on these!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 4 weeks later...
:kaukau: Well, I like these, and I want to say good things, especially regarding the expression in the eyes. However, since you said yo would appreciate criticism, I'll be a little more honest with you than I normally would.First, I feel the appearance is a little basic. Maybe that';s what you want, but if you would like a real challenge then you should definitely attempt to make a picture with details like with what Vezok's Friend recently did with Agni. Whether or not that's within your range (and whether or not you have photoshop) isn't as important as you might think; it would just be a worthy thing to aspire to, and it's nice to push yourself a little.The texture, while definitely being appropriately shaded, could vary a little, just to give a better idea of what they're made of. For example, in the original comics there was a certain style of scratch-marks that the illustrators used that I was quite fond of.And finally, the breasts on the female Wairuha are a little awkward, especially with the large shoulder padding bringing attention to that area of the body. This is a matter of personal preference, however, although part of me does think that it would clearly be impractical for a Toa Kaita in a fight.The arrows, however, are cool. And so is the general idea of a female Wairuha.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Very nice. As others have said, it would be cool if the figures were more detailed, but their current forms are still great in their own right. I particularly like female Wairuha. Details like the Gali's axe arrow-tips are great, as is your take on the Rua.I think the only thing that bothers me is that male Wairuha and Akamai don't seem to have any necks. Their shoulder armor could just be creating that appearance, but at any rate I think Akamai needs his head raised a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

How come I haven't yet commented on this? D=It's so great to see art from you again. I love your art style so much. <3What strikes me most about the drawings is how well the colours go together. I mean, a combination of 3 Toa with entirely different colour schemes is a true challenge, and I think you mastered it.Also love your take on a female Wairuha, the streamlined design suits her well.I can't think of anything to criticise :shrugs:

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Thanks Taka :)And thanks everybody for the replies and the tips, I appreciate Tyrannosaurus's criticism.I'm not completly pleased how it turned out. I tried to keep the same style used for the Kaita Mata but proportions are weird, Akamai's chest is too wide and his legs look bad. I wanted to represent what I see when looking at the sets, but now I realize I don't see this :(

hidron_nuva_idea.png

If this isn't what you see, I really want to know what you do. :PI love it. I mean, you've given the Toa Kaita a cohisive form! They don't look kinda flawed anymore! I've always known that the Toa Kaita should be like one bigger Toa, but now you've actually shown me what the could very prbably look like.I like that Akamai's chest is quite broad. He's the Toa Kaita of Valor, and it gives him this sense of pride and bravery that fits him.Generally, I had accepted that Wairuha was male, but I love your female take on him/her. I was wondering what happened to Gali's axes, and then I saw the arrow tips. A very nice touch.Overall, amazing work! Good going!... Oh, and your rendering is awesome. ^_^Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous