Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic!

s3_08_by_soarinskies-d8p9g29.png

Passed Responsibility

I think Z's definition of taking care of a fish is rather accurate, all that's missing is just cleaning or taking care of the tank.

@Axilus: There's always that one person who you try to be kind to but they honestly don't deserve your kindness. It's a shame but sometimes people are like that. Please, Swimmy is a strong, independent fish who don't need no matoran doesn't die too easily. 

@Toa Onaku: The fish has so much food that it's literally swimming in it.

Glad you guys enjoy the comics,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic!

s3_09_by_soarinskies-d8pgphf.png

Swimmy's--Wut

I like to imagine Z thought Soran was congratulating him on a job well done.

Huh. I wonder how trustworthy the guy who just tried to kill Soran is for this...but at the least, he should be able to take care of the fish. I wonder what Akino's up to as well. This comic looks like it'll lead into something very interesting.

I'd imagine very trustworthy. I mean, did you see how many times he missed killing Soran, obviously he's great at keeping things alive! Akino's buying duct tape, for reasons.

In regards to chopping down more trees, we need to beat the forests before they beat us.
And of course I know what I'm doing.

Btw, anyone want some freshly fried fish fillets?

Z's plan to kick the world's donkeys.

Well you're pretty close to that. 

In regards to chopping down more trees, we need to beat the forests before they beat us.

Reminds me of Sarge in RvB

"Men, as you may know, the planet is trying to kill us. Which is why we need to fight back."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Glad you guys like the comics,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Just dead no sadness just death I think thats how calm we all should take death like this and just high five someone. Now then since thats the case leme just arm my RPG

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Fish jokes are incredibly easy to produce.

There's no fin to it, really.

Wow, you're reely doing this, aren't you? I mean, seariously, are you just going to be jumping at every opportunaty for these? C'mon, Gavla, just leave the fish puns to salmon else. A profishional like me.

You couldn't resist a chance to dive into this, could you.

Trying to be a big catch, turning the tides of this topic.

But take it from me, pal. You gotta cast away that sassy attitude of yours.

lovewarconga2.png

Oh please, I can tell your puns are wearing quite fin already. In fact, I bait you can't come up with a single pun more. You're finished, Gavla. Might as well cut the line while you're still floating, because you're fishing more than you can reel.

Oh please, I can tell your puns are wearing quite fin already. In fact, I bait you can't come up with a single pun more. You're finished, Gavla. Might as well cut the line while you're still floating, because you're fishing more than you can reel.

You're seariously trying to do this, aren't you. To command this vessel. Yet I was its captain and I will go down with it.

Though I will admit. I'm gillty as charged with this fishy business. I'm but an old sea captain.

I'm ready to capsize though.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_10_by_soarinskies-d8pnltt.png

Transferred Blame

I don't think I've ever actually shown Akino getting angry. I think he's actually the calmest character in the group. Blinded by his own ignorance.

He's killed the fish. Does this mean he's finally ready to take out Soran?

I'd say he's probably not going to target Soran for a little while. Certain things going on might preoccupy the characters too much.

Just dead no sadness just death I think thats how calm we all should take death like this and just high five someone. Now then since thats the case leme just arm my RPG

I'd say for Soran it was more shock than sadness. 

Well...he "took care" of the fish.

At least he's honest.

*Sigh*...

Wow, you're reely doing this, aren't you? I mean, seariously, are you just going to be jumping at every opportunaty for these? C'mon, Gavla, just leave the fish puns to salmon else. A profishional like me.

I see this current discussion is going swimmingly.

You're seariously trying to do this, aren't you. To command this vessel. Yet I was its captain and I will go down with it.

Though I will admit. I'm gillty as charged with this fishy business. I'm but an old sea captain.

I'm ready to capsize though.

I see this current discussion is going swimmingly.

a0ce95855ac70aed0b3002785baea0cdd504a176

As entertaining as that was, I'd say this picture sums up most of the puns that have been made.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 2

Meme pictures. In a forum post.

That's disgusting. (Though fitting.) I remember the olden days. The golden days.

Where the use of memes was restricted to text and pictures in a comic/drawing.

The old days when this sub forum was run by a spaghetti man with a meatball red mask.

Who's name was incredibly hard to pronounce. Times were certainly different back in those days.

No trout about it.

lovewarconga2.png

I was planning that all morning.

I just couldn't bass up the chance.

Alright. That's it. You've overstayed your welcome and now... I'm going to krill you.

You scampi searious.

At this point we're just throwing material at Soran to use at his leisure.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

You scampi searious.

Good for him. Anyway, I've exhausted any interest in continuing this fish-pun fight. Codos to you, mate.

Same, pal. It's really lost its porpoise at this point.

We'll just have to wait until he makes something else pun worthy.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic!

guest_starring__fulmen_by_soarinskies-d8

Guest Starring: Fulmen

Taking a slight break from the story arc with my first Guest Star comic in a while. I tried my best to work out a comic on the information provided. Hopefully it turned out okay. Thanks for Guest Starring Liuth (Fulmen)!

First off, to the recent chain of fish jokes...I normally like puns, but that was atrocious.

Aaaaand now for the comic. I get the feeling Zyglak might actually want Akino to kill Soran.

That could be possible.

I'd make a fish pun now, but I think I already filled up my quota three times over.

I think everyone has.

First off, to the recent chain of fish jokes...I normally like puns, but that was atrocious.

Well I never claimed to be a comedian.

This is true.

Meme pictures. In a forum post.

That's disgusting. (Though fitting.) I remember the olden days. The golden days.

Where the use of memes was restricted to text and pictures in a comic/drawing.

The old days when this sub forum was run by a spaghetti man with a meatball red mask.

Who's name was incredibly hard to pronounce. Times were certainly different back in those days.

No trout about it.

I agreed with everyone in this post until you got to that last sentence. Gosh dang it Mr. Tools.

No trout about it.

GAVLA! NO!

I am very glad Soran didn't accept Zyglak's offer to "help" with Akino. I would hate to see that comic...  :P

I'm sure this story arc would've turned out a lot differently than I had planned had that happened.

No trout about it.

GAVLA! NO!

Gosh Dang it Gavla.

Alright. That's it. You've overstayed your welcome and now... I'm going to krill you.

It's even funnier because Pohuaki's avatar looks like a sea monster holding a mask.

In a way it kind of does. I always imagined it being like those stretchy guys you see in those toy machines at the store.

You scampi searious.

I'm very tempted to create a comic just based off of this conversation with each of your characters.

You scampi searious.

Good for him. Anyway, I've exhausted any interest in continuing this fish-pun fight. Codos to you, mate.

Good for me indeed. I'm glad the puns are over.

You scampi searious.

Same, pal. It's really lost its porpoise at this point.

I'll just have to do that soon I guess.

I think he's suffered enough punishment.

Yes, pls have mercy.

Look at me, look at me. I am the captain now.

There is no shore in sight for this lost voyage it seems.

And yes, I would definitely high five someone if a situation like that arose and they happened to have their hand out. Whether it's a fish, the moon, or France.

Of course. 

I love how you included France. I find that oddly funny.

Glad you guys enjoyed the last comic,

~Soran

I...don't quite get this one.

Let me see if I can put it into words.

First, it's using a show to host an interview. Back in the olden days of the comic forum that was very standard. Guest Stars were "interviewed" by the host of the comics.

These interviews were short, long or all over the place. Some lead into big sequences and some just flat out died after three panels.

A very common theme in Guest Star comics on this forum is the Guest Star being hurt in some way. (Falling over, water on joints.)

Now re-read panel 12. Soran states the Guest Star is a very "sociable Matoran". Soran's bad judgment about this was from a single conversation with the Guest Star and information he heard before.

The in line joke is that the Guest Star is NOT a very sociable Matoran. They're a nervous wreck that jumps at the littlest things. They appear to be more calm when it's a one on one discussion.

Note how the Guest Star states that there are a lot of viewers. Their expressions and way of speaking drastically changes into states of panic as the comic goes on. They react to the little things and end up flat out embarrassing themselves because of it.

See if you look deep into it, Soran's works are filled with hidden meanings that makes me believe something is going on in the background behind it all.

Edited by Gavla
  • Upvote 2

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic!

s3_11_by_soarinskies-d8pvdpe.png

The Great Pun War of BZPower

As predicted, it was rather easy to create a comic based off of all the puns. Consider this an intermission of sorts. First appearance of Oko, but his character still hasn't technically been introduced yet. I tried to get each character's appearance (Gavla and Terton) accurate to their more recent adaption to comics.

This comic was hilarious to read, I can't wait to see what else you can come up with once you get another guest star. :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I've already got ideas for future guest star shenanigans.

That poor sod was suffering stage fright. Even worse when coupled with how disastrously it went. Good job on this comic, Soran. And again, sorry about the puns.

It definitely didn't end up going well at all. Thanks, and don't worry about the puns, I actually find them rather entertaining see how creative you guys got trying to shoe in a pun.

I was worried that this one might be a bit harder to follow. I think Gavla explained it pretty well, though, so if you're still confused read up on his explanation.

Let me see if I can put it into words.

First, it's using a show to host an interview. Back in the olden days of the comic forum that was very standard. Guest Stars were "interviewed" by the host of the comics.

These interviews were short, long or all over the place. Some lead into big sequences and some just flat out died after three panels.

A very common theme in Guest Star comics on this forum is the Guest Star being hurt in some way. (Falling over, water on joints.)

Now re-read panel 12. Soran states the Guest Star is a very "sociable Matoran". Soran's bad judgment about this was from a single conversation with the Guest Star and information he heard before.

The in line joke is that the Guest Star is NOT a very sociable Matoran. They're a nervous wreck that jumps at the littlest things. They appear to be more calm when it's a one on one discussion.

Note how the Guest Star states that there are a lot of viewers. Their expressions and way of speaking drastically changes into states of panic as the comic goes on. They react to the little things and end up flat out embarrassing themselves because of it.

See if you look deep into it, Soran's works are filled with hidden meanings that makes me believe something is going on in the background behind it all.

Bingo. I try to add lots of little details with my comics which in the end all lead up to World Domination like for example, most of my comics the characters are never actually in the same pose. I'll actually try my best to put some form of body language to the characters, so if a character is confident they will normally have their hands on their hips, if they're being defensive their arms are folded, etc. 

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic, 

~Soran

• Upvote 1