Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_23_by_soarinskies-d8rhy7q.png

Just as Rehearsed

For those who don't understand the terms: to "Clip" someone is to kill them, while being "heavy" is being loaded, carrying a gun.

Sorry by the way for no comic yesterday. I've been busy with some personal projects as of late, so comics might be a little sparse the rest of this week.

So is Bulik gonna end up sleeping with the fishes?

Probably not. He's pretty lucky despite his condescending attitude. Someone might though.

Doesn't Bulik have a pet cat? Where did I hear that?

Not sure. I never introduced a cat into this series. Maybe he has one in real life.

Bulik is in for a krilling.

I always knew that fish had a gang of their own. They are the mob boss.

Well. Maybe not a gang. More like a school.

You're krilling me with these puns. He's trying to build up his gang again.

If it's a school that's anything like Corpus Rahkshi... Highly explosive self-deconstructive mafia. I don't see the difference.

And Swimmy 2.0 has world domination plans, right?

Could be, could be. Absolutely not, he doesn't. At least I don't think he does... he shouldn't. Only I'm allowed to have world domination plans. Not him. Only me. If he does then I will have to krill him.

Swimmy seems like a tragic character to me.

I don't think it's world domination. I think it's revenge.

Something happened in their life. Someone he cares for got the fryer.

Now he wants revenge. You can see it in his low res eyes.

This fish is hatching a plan. A plan to catch the people that hurt them.

Remember. Nothing is more terrifying like a being who's fueled with a desire. A desire to krill.

He definitely is seeking revenge for all sorts of things. His love got transported to another department. The only way for him to survive in this world was to join the garbage business and he's been in it for so long that he doesn't know what else to do but resort to it. The eyes are the gateway to the soul, they say, even those low res ones.

I'll admit, that "hatching" a plan pun was pretty clever if it was intentional.

Huh. So the fish is a lot more aggressive than I thought. At least he's talking again.

Though this comic makes me wonder how anyone ever thought Akino would kill Soran.

He definitely is a feisty guy. Probably because Soran, the character, mentioned it in one of the comics. But in all honesty I doubt Akino would hurt a fly. At least not intentionally.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Everything I say is intentional, Soran. You should know that by now, pal.

Also.

This is the perfect time for your work to shift into the dark, gritty version this sub forum needs.

Everything shaded gray/grey. Everything with a meaning, a desire implied in the conversations.

The Soran Mafia.

lovewarconga2.png

Normally I get the Mafia lingo, but in this case, "clip" and "heavy" did require the translation, so thanks for that.

This one was funny. I like the calm refusal to give the money, reminds me of what I did a few weeks ago (though this one was with a hat, not money). The poses and facial expressions were a great touch. I know you do that all the time, but I noticed the ones here more specifically because they resemble poses I use in real life. Didn't use them in the situation I just mentioned, but still.

This also made me realize that everyone in these comics probably weighs exactly the same due to the body type and all that. Unless someone has a really heavy mask or something.

Quick Give aniko power armor so he can get money. But not as we think :devil:

...Who is Aniko, and is there any way to rephrase this so it makes sense?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I believe he meant Akino...  :tounge: I think what he meant was: If we give Akino power armor he will get money, by using his newly taught mafia skills...

• Upvote 1

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

Normally I get the Mafia lingo, but in this case, "clip" and "heavy" did require the translation, so thanks for that.

This one was funny. I like the calm refusal to give the money, reminds me of what I did a few weeks ago (though this one was with a hat, not money). The poses and facial expressions were a great touch. I know you do that all the time, but I noticed the ones here more specifically because they resemble poses I use in real life. Didn't use them in the situation I just mentioned, but still.

This also made me realize that everyone in these comics probably weighs exactly the same due to the body type and all that. Unless someone has a really heavy mask or something.

..... *FACE PALM I misspelled it sry like IddKid said Akino

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I believe he meant Akino...  :tounge: I think what he meant was: If we give Akino power armor he will get money, by using his newly taught mafia skills...

Ah, thank you. Now it sort of makes sense. Sort of.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hope Akino isn't getting money right now... Soran hasn't posted a comic today...  :nervous: That fish might have taught Akino how to... To... Be violent! :wacko:

And no, I'm not trying to pressure you Soran [:P]

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

New Comic

s3_24_by_soarinskies-d8rv0w2.png

Therapy Seassion

I wanted my character, Akino, to have a reason for him to act the way that he is.

Everything I say is intentional, Soran. You should know that by now, pal.

Also.

This is the perfect time for your work to shift into the dark, gritty version this sub forum needs.

Everything shaded gray/grey. Everything with a meaning, a desire implied in the conversations.

The Soran Mafia.

I should've known. I could easily shift this into a detective story, but I'm not sure if I will. I've got it all written out already and I'm not sure if I want this story arc to extend too much. It is a good idea though.

That fish is just asking to be flushed.

He's definitely got a way with words.

I appove of this fish, he's got character. I support him and what he stands for.

I'm glad he's got your support.

I'll be sure to tell aniko power armor.

Obviously my new secret character.

We could, but at the same time. If you give a baby a gun, will he know how to use it?

..... *FACE PALM I misspelled it sry like IddKid said Akino

All is well, we could understand more or less what you were saying.

Ah, thank you. Now it sort of makes sense. Sort of.

Sort of.

Hope Akino isn't getting money right now... Soran hasn't posted a comic today...  :nervous: That fish might have taught Akino how to... To... Be violent! :wacko:

And no, I'm not trying to pressure you Soran [ :P]

Sorry, I was busy with a project, it's all finished now. Uh oh… Next thing you know he'll be killing the other characters.

That fish might have taught Akino how to... To... Be violent! :wacko:

He taught me to be mean. I just have to think of bad things... like... milk!

And kittens, covered in spikes.

Luroka, you monster! How dare you! next thing you'll be eating graham crackers! tsk tsk!

Oh noes. They'll release crumbs everywhere… and that makes me… angry.

"Hello, BZPower Police?  Yes, do you by chance have a fish on your Most Wanted list?  Okay, thanks for checking..."

Soon… Soon.

Now I am thinking about kittens... kittens covered... in spikes... and that makes me really angry... raaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Oh noes! Now we can't hug the kittens!

Glad you guys liked the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_25_by_soarinskies-d8s233m.png

Leraku on the line

I'm particularly proud of that second panel. I like the fancy effects I put in. I couldn't put those effects in the 3rd one though, for reasons.

I generally feel sorry for this guy. This poor fellow who's done nothing but turn himself into a fool.

A fool looking for acceptance. It's tragic.

Then I have succeeded. It is rather tragic, the things people do looking for acceptance.

Next thing you know the fish will trick Akino into poisoning people... Little does the naive Matoran know, but he is killing everyone!  :OMG:

Why do people change font colors?!

He'd probably end up forgetting what he was supposed to poison, get thirsty and drink it.

Swimmy may have trouble... It would be nice to see some Amelia Bedelia-style misinterpretation gags.

You made me remember my childhood. I'm not sure how exactly I can twist some of these terms into that kind of fashion but I can sure try.

Swimmy isn't going to have much luck getting Akino to do what he wants.

Yeah, so far Akino has been pretty useless to Swimmy.

Aw. That's actually really sad. The fish really isn't a very nice person at all.

It is sad. I'm glad though that everyone hates the fish. It makes this much better for the future.

Glad you guys liked the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran

New Comic

s3_26_by_soarinskies-d8sgcr3.png

Who's the Pet

I wonder who the cement is for? Anyone want to take any guesses?

Uh-oh...

I have a bad feeling Swimmy's about to meet up with his distant families after the fishing trip.

This seems to be a common theory. Maybe he'll meet some old friends from school.

Leraku is going to fish up the only one who can stop Swimmy.

His mother.

She'll beat him over the head for not eating all of the food she's made him. That's how he's defeated. Spoiler alert.

Poor Akino! We <3 you Akino. Don't feel bad.

Ah, he's got some pretty thick skin… metal… whatever. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Heh. That's a good pun.

Thank ya'

~Soran

Edited by Soran

New Comic

s3_27_by_soarinskies-d8skq4a.png

Swimming with the fishes

Most of you called it from the beginning, just not which character. Also, sorry if the jump from last comic to this one was quite sudden. I originally had an idea for a comic in between (which explained how Swimmy 2.0 needed Akino to set up his own death at the pier, but I couldn't come up with a good enough joke I felt.)

Who's gonna get the self-rising shoes I wonder.

Dibs.

Cement is for paving over a dead body of course.

Eh, I use Cement for roads, you use cement for paving over dead bodies… Tomatoe, Tomato.

I wonder if our dear Mafia goldfish was behind the whole business with the iguanas... wait.  Mafia.  Does this mean the Potoo is going to wreak havoc in the near vicinity?

Sadly he was not. Only one character is responsible for the iguana incident. 

Goldiefish and the three Akinus

I need the other characters to have fairy tale personas. Maybe Soran is the big bad wolf or something.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

So that's what the cement was for...

The jump from last comic to this one wasn't too sudden at all. I would have actually thought the pace was a bit too slow if there had been another one in between.

Should have known he'd trick Akino into killing himself...the sheer evil of that fish. It's astounding.

It was a good joke though. The comic managed to be funny and somewhat shocking at the same time.

Pk57sNJ.jpg