Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_28_by_soarinskies-d8sn7ig.png

Indebted

The amount of you who thought I'd actually kill off Akino is surprising to me.

So that's what the cement was for...

The jump from last comic to this one wasn't too sudden at all. I would have actually thought the pace was a bit too slow if there had been another one in between.

Should have known he'd trick Akino into killing himself...the sheer evil of that fish. It's astounding.

It was a good joke though. The comic managed to be funny and somewhat shocking at the same time.

Yep. I'm glad he's evil. I'm glad that the comic still worked out fine. 

Well that got dark.

I'm glad that it was dark, it's a nice change of pace from my usual comics.

I'm guessing this isn't the last we'll see of Akino, but hey, I could be wrong...

you would be correct, this is not the last time we will be seeing Akino.

Akino isn't dead forever, right?

He's been with Soran from the beginning!!

Yes, I'm afraid he is dead. He's gone. It's his end. I'm sorry for our loss.RIP Akino. But seriously he's fine.

If Akino gets killed off, who will we get as a replacement?

Ghidora, probably.

*raises hand*

I'll pick you next, then.

Maybe Akino can breath underwater, but he doesn't know. Hence he sits at the bottom of the sea/lake/ocean thinking he is dead... Poor soul, may he rest in naive peace.

Yes, he has gills. He's actually a quarter part fish. He'll be stuck under the sea wondering what he's going to do. But you know what they say, life is always better, under the sea. do do do do do do do.

Wait a second... how did he even manage to get his floaties?

He's Akino. That is all. 

Wait a second... how did he even manage to get his floaties?

Because he's Akino.

He knows it.

Is this new comic an homage to Makito's demise in Nuparurocks' Comics in any way?

Nope. It was me trying to comic up with a story arc for some recent fish jokes I read.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

What? a fish that, while in a glass bowl, can push someone in a block of concrete into the ocean without falling in himself, is going to get disposed of by simply "flushing" it away?

Pfft. It'll take a monster to destroy that goldiefish.

Also, we needz storybook mashup with characters from this comic playing the roles.

Oh goodness.

Something tells me my arrival will bring about "accidents".

1. Swimmy gets cigar and mafia-style hat

2. Akino gets wings and can be a gillbird

3. Fishing trip brings back monster truck

4. Ghiddy(mee) has very creepy sentences now and then for no reason- Oh wait, I always do that.

5. Bonkles

6. Thousands of fish wearing army hats in glass bowls will appear randomly on the lawn

7. Soran gets mysterious love letter email meant for three years ago

Just a few predictions.

I was 50-50 on whether you'd kill him or not. It's cool how the story all ties in together, with Leraku being in this general area beforehand and such.

As for how Akino even got his floaties, my only guess is that Matoran are physically stronger than humans enough that he could awkwardly hop around in the cement. Which would explain how he was already in it beforehand when he got to the dock.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I was 50-50 on whether you'd kill him or not. It's cool how the story all ties in together, with Leraku being in this general area beforehand and such.

As for how Akino even got his floaties, my only guess is that Matoran are physically stronger than humans enough that he could awkwardly hop around in the cement. Which would explain how he was already in it beforehand when he got to the dock.

Yea, I'm betting Akino just hopped to get his floaties, he seemed to hop at angles in some of the older comics, at the time when he only had one pose.  :P

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

Just like the bots in Heros of the storm. Also how did Leakru pull him out with the concert. Did he have a chizle and red paint?

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_29_by_soarinskies-d8swjoz.png

Not thought through

I hate it when I'm stuck in a fishbowl because I tried to drown my chauffeur. Worst day ever.

I was tempted to make Akino's reply to Leraku (when he asked "where did this happen?") be "At the doctor" and have Leraku deduce that Akino must've heard "doc's" instead of docks. Scrapped it though.

Time to flush the fish.

For all the trouble he has caused, that would be most deserving probably.

What? a fish that, while in a glass bowl, can push someone in a block of concrete into the ocean without falling in himself, is going to get disposed of by simply "flushing" it away?

Pfft. It'll take a monster to destroy that goldiefish.

Also, we needz storybook mashup with characters from this comic playing the roles.

Actually Akino hopped in himself. I'll agree with you that just flushing the fish probably wouldn't do it.

Dibs on big bad wolf.

This new trend of him being serious for a few moments but instantly non-serious around others is great.

And a fish committing murder via the one thing a fish needs?

Fanbasstic.

Glad that it's entertaining. 

Oh goodness.

Something tells me my arrival will bring about "accidents".

1. Swimmy gets cigar and mafia-style hat

2. Akino gets wings and can be a gillbird

3. Fishing trip brings back monster truck

4. Ghiddy(mee) has very creepy sentences now and then for no reason- Oh wait, I always do that.

5. Bonkles

6. Thousands of fish wearing army hats in glass bowls will appear randomly on the lawn

7. Soran gets mysterious love letter email meant for three years ago

Just a few predictions.

I actually had a plan for detectives to come in but I couldn't think of a way to shoehorn them into the story arc without making it too long. I could include them later, I've still got their sprite sheets.

I like to have some factors in stories make some form of sense. Thus I needed to have one character not present in the house which ended up being Leraku.

You're probably right about how he got the floaties. The comic that I skipped actually showed Akino pouring the cement while on the dock and stepping inside of it. 

And... Leraku and his magical concrete disappearing powers.

Someone has it now, don't they?

I assume he had to break it to bring Akino back to the surface.

Yea, I'm betting Akino just hopped to get his floaties, he seemed to hop at angles in some of the older comics, at the time when he only had one pose.  :P

Pretty much spot on.

Dark is always good.

I agree, dark is nice… er… bad… whatever.

How'd you get that swimming pose?

*gasp* Are we going to get more chimoru poses? :D

I made it. Probably not. I just took the Chimoru R Chest piece, brought it over the lower torso. I moved the hip joints up so their slightly more under the lower torso. I grabbed the alternate feet pose (which shows just the back of the feet), flipped it upside-down and applied it underneath. Then I took the arms and made them slightly smaller in length and applied them to the chest. Then just added a mask to cover up the fact that I didn't edit the chest. That was the process. 

Just like the bots in Heros of the storm. Also how did Leakru pull him out with the concert. Did he have a chizle and red paint?

I feel compelled to say yes. He does almost always have his weapons on him so who knows. 

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Leraku takes the fish to the police, but he gets laughed at and kicked out. It was the most cliche thing I could think for what happens next. 

Yea, this sounds like the most expected next thing.  :P Swimmy 2.0 can't be forced to talk, can he?

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

New Comic

s3_30_by_soarinskies-d8t28pa.png

Dead Meat

Someone grab the batter and fire up the oven.

Didn't think it through, in typical goldfish fashion.

Classic goldfish behavior. Never thinking things through in advance.

Akino tries to get revenge by drowning the fish. Calling it right now.

That actually would be entertaining.

Leraku takes the fish to the police, but he gets laughed at and kicked out. It was the most cliche thing I could think for what happens next. 

Sounds cliche but I actually didn't think of that. Pretty entertaining trying to think of how to spin the story arc from that point.

Yea, this sounds like the most expected next thing.  :P Swimmy 2.0 can't be forced to talk, can he?

Sure, they could try water boarding him. I'm sure it'll work out great.

~Soran

New Comic

s3_31_by_soarinskies-d8t5z75.png

Upside-Dead

I hate it when I can't finish a sen

He's Dead Jim. He's walking with the humans

That he is… dead. Good riddance too.

Huh. Wonder how that happened. Maybe I overheard the conversation and did it. Though I have a feeling that's not actually what happened.

In any case, justice is served. In fact, properly prepared, I think the fish's body can be served as well.

I wonder how he died too. Nice one. 

And nothing of value was lost.

Worthless fish.

Well it wasn't me. Or was it? Anyway, lightly fried fish fillets anyone?

Possibly.

"Too much iron in your diet"

Lead*

"Too much iron in your diet"

If Swimmy had his way it'd probably be too much lead instead...

Bingo.

Thus ends Swimmy 2.0's reign of terror. May he be forgotten, and flushed down the toilet.

A suitable way to end this trash*. (Sorry Wind.)

Oh, I already got the grill going. Let's fry this hush puppy.

I wonder how he'll taste. Probably evil, with a hint of gross.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_32_by_soarinskies-d8t9a6f.png

Interruptions

Interrupting cow.

Dead?

Silly peoples. Swimmy isn't dead... YET.

Not yet. He's a persistent fish.

Everytime Soran depicts me he does a wonderful job.

Don't dissapoint me.

I'm glad I do a great job. I like writing for your character, but at the same time I don't want to use him too much.

NO! Do not flush him down the toilet! He might be faking, and you know how Nemo escaped the Barber Shop...

Would it be safe to flush a goldfish? He could get eaten going through the sewers.

I still say cook him.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Akino still cares for the evil fish.

It's his new best friend.

21 flush salute... that was more amusing to me that it probably should have been.

It's one of those jokes you come up with with little to no sleep.

OF COURSE HE'S NOT DEAD!  GET THE ROCKET LAUNCHER!

I have a character who might be able to supply you with that.

~Soran

Edited by Soran

New Comic

s3_33_by_soarinskies-d8tdthq.png

Funeral Proposal

He plays dead rather convincingly.

Although the fish isn't actually dead, as it turns out, I still remain steadfast that it should be flushed down and forgotten.

It could prevent a lot of things going wrong.

A common consensus. It definitely would solve a lot of issues.

You will know this will not happen.

Put him in a canyon and launch him to Abu Dhabi. I hear the kittens there will do the job.

Honestly just shipping him to Australia should do it. Practically everything there can kill you.

Huh. A faked death. And apparently he doesn't want to go to the ocean. Interesting.

The ocean isn't the safest environment. Especially for a tiny goldfish.

Yes Akino, delay his speech longer... drain what little life he has left inside him!

I almost feel like it has a reverse effect. His anger only makes him stronger.

~Soran

Hey, don't send him to Australia, we have enough deadly animals and pest species. :P

Seriously though, does a Viking funeral mean he's going to be buried with all kinds of cool stuff or put on a boat and set alight? (My knowledge on history is a little rusty.)

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.