• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Soran's Comic Emporium

• Please log in to reply
1384 replies to this topic

#1361 Offline Vigor Mortis

Vigor Mortis
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 985 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 03:46 PM

You may/may not (delete whichever is inapplicable) heard of me or remember me, but I remember seeing your comics in the olden days of AWIII. Even now I still enjoy them, and do hope you intend to come back into comic making, as I intend to very soon.

-[BZRPG Profiles]-
- [Vejmeq] - [Isiak] - [Qathek] -

#1362 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,344 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 10:22 PM

I love the composition, the pacing, and the epitaph. : P

#1363 Offline Tecnokua The Fedora Mudki

Tecnokua The Fedora Mudki
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 304 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2013 - 10:51 PM

Soran is back from teh dead! shoot i guess that shotgun wasn't enough gotta think bigger....

Give me da blanket

#1364 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:45 AM

New Comic!

Posted Image

Link incase image doesn't load

I wonder what its like being "undead"?

You may/may not (delete whichever is inapplicable) heard of me or remember me, but I remember seeing your comics in the olden days of AWIII. Even now I still enjoy them, and do hope you intend to come back into comic making, as I intend to very soon.

Not sure what time period you're referring to, but thank you. I have read some of your comics before and I found them pretty awesome. The graphics were always great and the whole stories/concepts behind them were interesting.

I love the composition, the pacing, and the epitaph. : P

I was hoping I could get that right, glad that I did. I too liked the gravestone, I wanted it to be something that would be pretty realistic.

Soran is back from teh dead! shoot i guess that shotgun wasn't enough gotta think bigger....

Yes, I am back from the dead, temporarily. I'll just make some random comics whenever I'm bored.

That rose looks like it came from Minecraft.

Does this mean you'll be resuming your comics?

The rose was from Minecraft. I wanted to add some other pixel aspects to the comics since most of it is drawings or pictures I've created/found. Since I'm not really too interested in creating some more new things like sprites, backgrounds, etc, I just went with whatever kind of flower required the least amount of work, which ended up being a Minecraft one.

I'll be making some random comics whenever I'm interested in making comics or whenever I'm bored.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

#1365 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,036 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 20 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's nice to see you back. :3 And I like the current happenings, particularly the latest comic; the humour in these never fails to make me laugh. :D

Now, here's to wondering whether being undead has any interesting "side effects"...

Edited by Taka Nuvia, Nov 20 2013 - 01:52 AM.

screenshot_69.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#1366 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2013 - 10:51 PM

Heard Soran put something up, so I knew it was worth signing back in (I'm not the best at leaving this place it seems).That is exactly how I'd react. Axes are just the way to go.Anyway, back to being gone. I'll check back every now and then to see if anyone else rises back from their graves.

banner.png

Enjoy.

#1367 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 867 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 22 2013 - 07:13 AM

Let's see if ptolemy rises from the grave.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#1368 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,344 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 22 2013 - 06:04 PM

Comics have a certain magic: the brain reconstructs the "events" that occur in between each panel automatically, making what appears to be a discrete phenomenon rather continuous. Your latest comic seems to be an example of how one can play with that fact; the transition between the second and last panels is glorious.

#1369 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2013 - 04:42 AM

Ooh! You're back up an' runnin'!

signature.jpg

| Tahukan's Comics Mark II |

I love Tea.

#1370 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2013 - 07:41 AM

New Comic!

Posted Image

Link incase image doesn't load

Gotta love having a highly skilled Super-Soldier body guard.

It's nice to see you back. :3 And I like the current happenings, particularly the latest comic; the humour in these never fails to make me laugh. :D

Now, here's to wondering whether being undead has any interesting "side effects"...

Yep I'm back for the time being. There may or may not be side effects to being undead.

Heard Soran put something up, so I knew it was worth signing back in (I'm not the best at leaving this place it seems).That is exactly how I'd react. Axes are just the way to go.Anyway, back to being gone. I'll check back every now and then to see if anyone else rises back from their graves.

Oh hey Ptolemy/Ro/Zyglak, good to see you back (I'm not either). Always use axe for all your body odor Zombie Killing needs.

Let's see if ptolemy rises from the grave.

He just did. Points up.

Comics have a certain magic: the brain reconstructs the "events" that occur in between each panel automatically, making what appears to be a discrete phenomenon rather continuous. Your latest comic seems to be an example of how one can play with that fact; the transition between the second and last panels is glorious.

I always liked that about comics that they were static images, just connecting a section of a story with another. You use your imagination to figure out how the panels connect and in a way it makes it more entertaining. Especially since everyone has their sense of humor. It makes it most of the time funny to whoever is reading compared to video I think. At least for me it does. And thank you.

Ooh! You're back up an' runnin'!

For the time being and until I either don't have enough time, lose interest, or burn out. For right now I'm fine though.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

#1371 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 396 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2013 - 04:22 PM

Oh wow, I almost forgot about that ol' version of Ler. Interesting to see him again - I ought to make a more stable 'usable character' since Ler's fairly story specific. Maybe I'll revamp Vee, or make a new version of Ler just for this sort of thing... but, hey, it's nice to see him around again. And that he's still got his dagger! I think it was called the Bane of Stabbington or something. Good to see you back in the swing of things, late as I am to say it.

Edited by Leraku, Mar 29 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#1372 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 156 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2013 - 02:16 PM

XD I love Zyglak's eyes in the 3rd panel!

EEP! :shocked:

gallery_110974_2_12553.png

#1373 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2013 - 11:57 AM

New Comic! http://www.brickshel...m_the_grave.png Link incase image doesn't load I made a few random comics while I was bored. Figured I would post 'em here. ~Soran

[color=#ff0000;]"Soran D. Skies  He made comics or something."  You haven't lost any of your talent.  XD[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Edit: Embedded+quoted image w/ large file size linked.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Wind-[/color]

Edited by -Windrider-, Nov 28 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#1374 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 769 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2013 - 04:31 PM

Soran! I'm Back To The House Of Fun!

Soarin' is best pony BTW: Posted Image

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#1375 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2013 - 12:01 AM

Anyway, back to being gone. I'll check back every now and then to see if anyone else rises back from their graves.

[color=#ff0000;]Wierd coincidence....I just did that a few days ago...[/color]

#1376 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2014 - 04:40 AM

For the time being and until I either don't have enough time, lose interest, or burn out. For right now I'm fine though.

~Soran

Okay, Soran. Which one is it this time?

signature.jpg

I love Tea.

#1377 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 867 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2014 - 07:42 AM

~Soran

Okay, Soran. Which one is it this time?

He hasn't been on BZP since January.

card_newmat.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#1378 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 177 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2014 - 02:50 AM

Apparently he started making a game.

signature.jpg

I love Tea.

#1379 Offline BlueFire

BlueFire
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2014 - 11:16 AM

Yes and he hasn't updated it for a long time

-Tahukan

#1380 Offline JacobLazer

JacobLazer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 156 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, and he hasn't released anything new for the Chimoru R kit either :/

gallery_110974_2_12553.png

#1381 Offline Sycron

Sycron
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 03:18 AM

With all the lack of stuff going on, I think BZP needs a jump start!

Who am I kidding? WERE ALL KARZED! 

Sycron's Comics - SycronZone - Sorans Comic Compilation - The White Gryffon

Go to the Minecraft Server DNAcraft! IP:109.95.210.95:25865

My rank is Tohunga, so I'm probably going to get sued by the Maori. :lol-sign:

#1382 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 867 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 06:10 AM

Yup.

card_newmat.png

#1383 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 769 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 06:17 AM

You have no faith, Come my children, hear my tale.

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... We all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

so play on, my children, and play well.

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran, Apr 24 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#1384 Offline BlueFire

BlueFire
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 09:48 AM

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... W all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

But Dear Turaga Loganto The O'Mighty Soran Is Currently making the snazzy kit and a game..So i would not truly say he is leaving unless your reffering to the other comic makers that are leaving OR you could just be speaking of the wiseness only a turaga has..OR you could just be providing positive wording to all of us

-Tahukan TTVM

#1385 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 769 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 28 2014 - 01:43 PM

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... W all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

But Dear Turaga Loganto The O'Mighty Soran Is Currently making the snazzy kit and a game..So i would not truly say he is leaving unless your reffering to the other comic makers that are leaving OR you could just be speaking of the wiseness only a turaga has..OR you could just be providing positive wording to all of us

-Tahukan TTVM

Oh... Uh... I was referring to all that have left, and for positive reinforcement.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users