Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_77_by_soarinskies-d9g5dyj.png

Decomposition

You would think they would be able to smell that he was decomposing.

I can't decide which panels my favorite, it has to be either the second one with the transparent clouds or the third panel, with Loganto & Ghidorah in the background, the lighting being excellent due to the shadows obscuring most of Soran. I get that you were trying to go for a shocked or scared look, but the eyes by themselves aren't enough to convey that certain emotion.

Personally I like the 3rd panel mainly for the background joke of Loganto and Ghidora being in that specific place. Making a shocked expression using sprites is much more difficult then it would appear since you can't make them look up or down unless you wish to completely make a new sprite or you use the perspective tool (which makes it look flat). I should've changed the eyes slightly by making the "pupils" stick out from the edges more, as this normally gives the impression of fear on a character's face. But that is more in hindsight and isn't something I'm going to change.

I can't decide which panels my favorite, it has to be either the second one with the transparent clouds or the third panel, with Loganto & Ghidorah in the background, the lighting being excellent due to the shadows obscuring most of Soran. I get that you were trying to go for a shocked or scared look, but the eyes by themselves aren't enough to convey that certain emotion.

Mine is quite obviously the one with me and Loganto. Not necessarily because I'm in it, but more on the curious ideas of how the two of us burnt up the entire hilly areas of Ireland.

You both got agitated that you got fired after the court case for defending the wrong client. I'm curious if that actually is Ireland in the background, it's a picture from National Geographic I believe and I didn't check where it was taken.

Well, there's an explanation...I wasn't expecting to get one but this is as good as any. :D

Pretty standard for my comics it seems. 

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I love Windrider's expression in the 3rd panel. Speaking of third panels, in comic 76, I thought you just photoshopped some hills and put netherrack + lava everywhere.

I can just see next month's issue of National Geography: "Come and see two robots in the flaming depths of Lucifer's home!"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

New Comic

s3_78_by_soarinskies-d9g8jup.png

Needing a Helping Hand

Rather lazily made compared to most of my other comics, sorry about that. Ran out of pre made comics so this one was more or less rushed. I'm impressed by the amount of different puns you can make involving a missing hand. Some more obvious than others and others probably not allowed.

Looks like Ireland to me.

Aw don't feel bad Soran, you can just go to a second hand shop!

I'm impressed you were able to come up with another pun I hadn't thought of. Nicely done.

I love Windrider's expression in the 3rd panel. Speaking of third panels, in comic 76, I thought you just photoshopped some hills and put netherrack + lava everywhere.

I can just see next month's issue of National Geography: "Come and see two robots in the flaming depths of Lucifer's home!"

Nope, it's was just a picture I had found. I first looked up the place I was referencing but found that all of them were either too gory/contained humans so I couldn't use them. Ended up just looking up something like "Fiery landscape" or something similar and found this one which I believe was from National Geographic. Where else would those two lawyers go?

Huh. Wonder how that was never an issue until now.

I actually can say I planned ahead on this one. I had come up with this idea at the same time I came up with the Swimmy 2.0 one. After the zombie story arc I had thought, "Wait a second, if Soran is in a dead body shouldn't it decompose?". With the almost year break last time I figured that that was almost enough time to start the decomposing process but it still needed more time. That was why I did the Swimmy 2.0 story arc and the lawyer one before continuing this one. That way theoretically it makes sense as it would take some time to decompose. Beside's they're Since they're biomechanical it would only be able to decompose the organic portion which was holding Soran's body together. That's at least my explanation of the situation from my brain.

someone better get the super glue

That might make for a stiff handshake.

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

If all your organic tissue is gone, aren't your metal bones incapable of moving since there are no muscles left? Or will they just produce scraping noises whenever you move a limb? 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

New Comic

s3_79_by_soarinskies-d9gedo1.png

Wind broke Soran

Sorry about the late comic this time around. Technically this comic could fall under toilet humor so I wanted to get clearance regarding its content before posting it. Although specifically it's wordplay so it wasn't nearly that big of an issue. Either way I got the okay go for it so here it is.

If all your organic tissue is gone, aren't your metal bones incapable of moving since there are no muscles left? Or will they just produce scraping noises whenever you move a limb? 

You would be correct. They wouldn't be able to move naturally only by manually pushing or pulling them. Muscles act in that way, where they pull the bones to where they need to go, helping the body keep shape and support. If you were to manually move them I would imagine they would produce some sort of noise. Depending on the force and the material they're made of I would imagine it could even create sparks. Who knows.

They should still technically function, although you'd probably be weaker.

They might still be able to be held together but they wouldn't be able to function normally without the muscles in place. You're correct that they would be weaker, though.

Heheh! Maybe rushed, but this was one of the funnier ones.

Glad that it turned out. I see that you seem to appreciate badly (or cleverly) timed unintentional puns as well.

Isn't spending an eternity with Ghid torture enough? Who needs fire and brimstone?

Also, should I get you some super glue? It seems to keep all of Akino's parts in place. Couldn't hurt helping your's.

Now that's funny. 

I like to imagine that Akino is held together through duct tape and luck. Probably why he needed the duct tape in the Swimmy 2.0 story arc.

Isn't spending an eternity with Ghid torture enough? Who needs fire and brimstone?

WHY, MODS

WHY CAN'T I UPVOTE THIS MORE THAN ONCE?!

I would probably spend all day up voting it if given the opportunity to do so multiple times.

~Soran

• Upvote 2

New Comic

s3_80_by_soarinskies-d9ghngf.png

Luck Stumbled Out

Sometimes your luck runs out, sometimes it stumbles out. Whatever the case may be, you aren't lucky. 

Will we ever find out what Zyglak is looking for in Jahli's backyard? 

Z and Akino are currently digging for anything of worth in Soran's backyard. There's a reason I made those two comics and then just left the story arc alone. That story arc and this one tie together in a specific way, which is why we haven't seen much of what's going on with the digging process (That and I forgot to write down most of my digging/underground related jokes that I had). 

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 2

The puns just keep on coming, soon, they'll become one liners and they will evolve into funnier jokes. Or, you could just go try the Adam Sandler route and pick the worst jokes in existence.

New Comic

s3_81_by_soarinskies-d9gkppi.png

Soran's a Nobody

Corpses don't make reliable bodies.

Ooh! The irony there is astounding. And yeah, I do like puns. The last 3 comics have all been quite punny so that's good for me.

Glad it's worked out.

The puns just keep on coming, soon, they'll become one liners and they will evolve into funnier jokes. Or, you could just go try the Adam Sandler route and pick the worst jokes in existence.

I like to shoehorn in as many puns as I can per topic. It makes it easy to come up with material. Fairly certain I've run out for the time being, most of the jokes from then on are more story-oriented versus content oriented. 

I've always wondered why people say that, it's like you're actually wishing MISfortune upon somebody.  And then they thank you for it.

That phrase actually confused me as a child. I've got to agree with you, "Break a leg," doesn't sound like a very lucky phrase at all. Although I suppose that it would mostly be used in a case of competition in which case it would make sense that it would be distorted to become a lucky phrase. Think of it like this, you're at a dance competition and one of your competitors and you were talking. It's your turn to do your routine and you ask him to wish you luck. Their response is, "break a leg," as that's what they're hoping you do (to an extreme), they're hoping you mess up. But because you did well during your routine, the phrase turned into luck as in that instance it would be like saying "You're doing so well that I hope you break a leg". If you view it as a placing a "curse" that you break your leg during your routine when in fact you didn't it would then symbolize that you are lucky as well. It's all a matter of thinking about the context. That or I'm talking out of my ear. 

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2

Looks like he needs a new body.

Oh, and "break a leg" as I heard it explained was actually more advice than wishing good luck. The idea is you're telling them to give it their all, even if that goes to the point of breaking a leg.

Alternatively you can mean it quite literally as a good luck wish to an MMA fighter. :P After all, if he breaks a leg there, it's a good thing. Long as it's not one of his anyway.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

New Comic

s3_82_by_soarinskies-d9gpt8p.png

Ghost House

I figure that once all the organic material in the body has rotted away, that it becomes practically unusable as an actual body. Thus through this logic, Soran can still house himself in his body, but he can't move at all. This means that he must seek a new body… Man imagine a ghost in charge of their own funeral.

Soran is the only matoran who doesn't need an Iden to become a ghost. Now let's watch something possess his corpse.

To be fair, even with an Iden I doubt most matoran could still separate themselves from their bodies. Can a matoran use a Great Mask's power? I forgot. 

woops Soran left the onion skin tool on

Peeling from layer to layer. What comes after ghost?

This looks like a job for the GHOSTBUSTERS

It's a good thing Z is currently digging with Akino. Otherwise that might just come true.

Looks like he needs a new body.

Oh, and "break a leg" as I heard it explained was actually more advice than wishing good luck. The idea is you're telling them to give it their all, even if that goes to the point of breaking a leg.

Alternatively you can mean it quite literally as a good luck wish to an MMA fighter. :P After all, if he breaks a leg there, it's a good thing. Long as it's not one of his anyway.

Correct! Apparently I was completely off about the etymology of the phrase "Break a leg," shows how much I know. That's interesting, however. I can see how that could be used in that kind of way in the MMA. 

~Soran

• Upvote 2

*Ghidora appears as grave digger*

Or something.

This is getting very interesting! I'm afraid Soran may start the zombie apocalypse.

Hey wait, I just noticed something: If Loganto and I were in the fiery regions of Ireland in the past, then how did Soran not recognize us when we showed up, and how did we escape?

Meh. Probably something to do with pizza delivery and a wardrobe malfunction.

• Upvote 1

Matoran can sense, but not use mask powers of any kind since they lacked mental focus. However, I like to believe that with enough mental training, any matoran could use a kanohi power and ice matoran would be the second best at achieving this, being topped psionic matoran since... Well, their powers are based on the mind, not to mention, they have mental shielding to maintain concentration.

New Comic

s3_83_by_soarinskies-d9gtsxo.png

Drinking Problem

I quite like how this comic turned out. I'm a big fan of non-verbal punchlines, I think they're entertaining. 

*Ghidora appears as grave digger*

Or something.

This is getting very interesting! I'm afraid Soran may start the zombie apocalypse.

Hey wait, I just noticed something: If Loganto and I were in the fiery regions of Ireland in the past, then how did Soran not recognize us when we showed up, and how did we escape?

Meh. Probably something to do with pizza delivery and a wardrobe malfunction.

The apocalypse has already started, the end is nigh! 

If I were to pull some logic into the discussion I would assume that just like real people, you can't make up a face, they're almost always based off of something else. When Soran was suggesting that he would go to the other place, he wasn't physically there it was mainly him just imagining the scenario. Because of this he would pick familiar faces of people to inhabit the area to show that it is indeed what he is describing. This could be in the form of people he had seen at the supermarket or out of town or whatever. Since Loganto practically runs every shop I would assume that Soran could easily remember him while in Ghidora's case it would probably be just a random person he had seen earlier. Or he felt like continuing the trend of Akaku-wearing matoran belonging there. Who knows. 

Matoran can sense, but not use mask powers of any kind since they lacked mental focus. However, I like to believe that with enough mental training, any matoran could use a kanohi power and ice matoran would be the second best at achieving this, being topped psionic matoran since... Well, their powers are based on the mind, not to mention, they have mental shielding to maintain concentration.

That might be possible, who knows. I'm doubtful however because of Mazeka's case where his Volitak was unusable (it was powerless) but if they (The Order of Mata Nui) wanted him to be able to use it in the field then they could've given him a great version of the same mask and trained him to use it. Because The Order made no such attempt to train him in using a mask power which could be a very useful advantage in the field, I find it safe to assume that they (matoran) are unable to use mask powers in general, or if so, then extremely rarely. 

so if soran looked into a mirror can he see himself. a totaly important question not just some stupid thing that popped into my head

No. My reasoning for this is because all my characters have reflections visible in almost every comic (look at their feet). Because Soran has no physical body he has no reflection, it would be similar to seeing a mirage where it looks like he is there but is he truly? This is my reasoning for this and it's totally not because I'm too lazy to make reflections for a floating ghost.

~Soran

• Upvote 2

New Comic

s3_84_by_soarinskies-d9gy8ig.png

"The Story of Soran and the Three Bodies"

As simple as the first panel is, I quite like it. I think I did a good job with the perspective of the Great Spirit Robot. Also, I couldn't think of what type of body I should make for "too small" (I could've done Toa Norik but I was afraid that most people wouldn't remember his mask power). In the end I settled with Antman, he's BIONICLE, right? Honestly I think that had Soran settled for any of these bodies the turn out would be pretty entertaining. The rest of the characters are all talking and all the sudden Antman shows up. 

Why do I get the feeling Bulik's going to need his caffiene before the day is over?

Because life Bulik… uh, finds a way.

Oh no!

Bulik's coffee ate a hole in the floor!

:mad: I tried to make a puddle.

LOL

"Nope, that's enough coffee this week."

Pretty much.

I'm sure there's a spare body lying around somewhere.

Most likely in close proximity to Z.

You might be onto something, who knows.

that was the day Bulk switched to eating chips

Yet despite that he hasn't been feeling very chipper, lately.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

Lol spoilers!

So when does Mal build Soran a robot body? Does Soran then become a ghost in the shell? Is this comic now a Bionicle based GITS sitcom? Find out next time on Soran's Comic Emporium! [cue Bruce Faulconer DBZ outtro]

Edited by Godhead Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

New Comic

s3_85_by_soarinskies-d9h1ci4.png

No Body Allowed

"'No Body' is to be allowed in without proper authorization," that totally counts, right? Once again another pun related comic. I would've avoided this one had it not been necessary/crucial for the next few comics. This comic should establish that Soran is in a neighborhood, particularly a rich one considering that authorization is required to enter it. 

Wait... That's the first lawyer!

Actually no, the first lawyer is brown and isn't a specific character. The character that Soran possessed would be Vahi/Vataki, another comic maker who is retired (which is why Soran's argument was "Why? You're not using it." which was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment regarding "retirement")

Yes, we must have more marvel in your comics.

I think my comics are marvelous enough.

:mad: I tried to make a puddle.

~Soran

:tounge:

We need to bring back emoticons/smileys.

Lol spoilers!

So when does Mal build Soran a robot body? Does Soran then become a ghost in the shell? Is this comic now a Bionicle based GITS sitcom? Find out next time on Soran's Comic Emporium! [cue Bruce Faulconer DBZ outtro]

Spoilers, man.

Lets see ruler of a universe or a random guy I knew that wasnt using his sprite sheet in said comics

Pfft, I don't know about you but I'm picking Ant-man. 

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Soran could just possess a rich kid and live the luxurious lifestyle of the first class, ignorant to the troubles of the bottom class and blissfully unaware of Akino's and Z's antics.