Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_86_by_soarinskies-d9h5our.png

Creepy, Scary Ghosts

That second panel is the face of nightmares, imagine waking up to that. Also, making new backgrounds is tough. 

Soran could just possess a rich kid and live the luxurious lifestyle of the first class, ignorant to the troubles of the bottom class and blissfully unaware of Akino's and Z's antics.

If Soran wasn't too fond of his friends he probably would've went with that plan. Oddly he cares about them though.

just posses a makuta then shape shift back to your regular body

Mal wouldn't let me.

Well, it's not like they can shoot him for trespassing...right?

Right, luckily Soran is impervious to physical objects (unless he wishes to hold some). 

Someone can just call the ghost busters and kill Soran.

That's one way to take him out.

So if Soran can posess inanimate objects like his former body... could he posess the forums?

Or you could do a lot of cool pranks with a phone.  He could try posessing Akino's phone...

You're correct that he can possess inanimate objects. Whether that includes something like a website, I wouldn't count on it, although it is a possibility I suppose. The phone thing he could totally do, though.

Got Ghosts?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA.

So if Soran can posess inanimate objects like his former body... could he posess the forums?

Nononono shhh!

Now that you said that he's gonna do it.

The lawyer business didn't work out, huh? Hehe...

Got Ghosts?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA.

When there's somethin' strange... in the neighborhood...

Who you gonna call?

GHI-DORA!

Where's the map?

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I don't blame the guy for thinking about the Christmas ghosts, they've been playing Christmas music on the radio around here since the first of November.

Though then again, he could be the DJ, in which case he should be punished for his heinous crimes against humanity.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

New Comic

s3_87_by_soarinskies-d9h94tg.png

Ghost with Christmas Present

For those unaware, this is more of a reference to my character being the Ghost of Christmas Present in one of Gavla's christmas themed comics.

I've decided that I just might make Gavla a different hat for each of his appearances. Soon I will have an arsenal of hats at my disposal and the world shall be mine. Muahahaha

That second panel is the face of nightmares
~Soran

ghidhappy2.png

I am appalled.

Got Ghosts?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA.

Looks like they really are going to have to call you.

Someone might have to soon.

I should make the second panel my new avatar.

Go for it. Heck, I'll even separate the text from the panel and give you the image itself.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was the last thing I expected the next comic to be. And it was awesome.

Glad it was entertaining. 

I don't blame the guy for thinking about the Christmas ghosts, they've been playing Christmas music on the radio around here since the first of November.

Though then again, he could be the DJ, in which case he should be punished for his heinous crimes against humanity.

"Easter's over? May as well put out the Christmas Decorations." 

DJ Random Guy in Bed, the funkiest guy on the web.

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_88_by_soarinskies-d9hdhpl.png

Busting that Bubble

Fun fact: The dialogue that Ghidora is saying is almost exactly from the first call scene in Ghost Busters.

I changed my avatar! Yeah, I need that textless version, it looks alright, but like you said, it would look better without the text.

I've already begun to be confused despite my avatar not looking like that at all. I would think, "I don't remember commenting that… and then see your name and think, "Oh, right."

Wait...

Gavla had a ghost uniform to give him? How did he grab it?

Nevermind, this is the magical land of comics where Ghiddy bounds through the hills and Swimmy kills people. I should have known.

Plot.

Take a loganto! I've got plenty!

We're on Logant8 right now.

Wait...

Never question the power of the G-man.

Pretty much.

Take a loganto! I've got plenty!

I should have seen this coming...

Wait...

#WhyUQuoteHalfLife

#Idunnolol

Wait...

#WhyUQuoteHalfLife

Next there's going to be a headcrab skull spider invasion.

There's already one spider in the comics, don't need any more.

That just made me realize that skull spiders are removable headcrabs. They even have the same number of variants.

Never made that connection, nice one.

That just made me realize that skull spiders are removable headcrabs. They even have the same number of variants.

They are literally a mix of skulltulas from zelda and headcrabs from half life

I can see that.

~Soran

• Upvote 4

New Comic

s3_89_by_soarinskies-d9hje8h.png

Empty Bodies

I like to imagine Axilus checks for empty bodies every now and then for no reason. Also, this was what was supposed to happen directly after Soran went looking for a body (those other strips were ones I thought of after) which is why the jump from last comic to this one might seem too sudden.

Oh, this.

This.

So much this.

Despite BZP's cruelty in preventing me from upvoting this more than once, believe me when I say I would be here all night upvoting this.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Once rivals, now allies?

Joining together for a common pursuit… Money.

Once rivals, now allies?

Or maybe they're secretly still trying to one-up the other.

More likely.

Well, SOMEBODY'S gonna get slimed... =P

Somebody get out the black light...

Once rivals, now allies?

Well...

Or maybe they're secretly still trying to one-up the other.

What ever gave you that idea?

Couldn't have been the staring contest in Ireland, could it?

I like the idea that Ireland has become synonymous with another place, it just seems entertaining. Either Soran goes to heaven or he goes to Ireland. 

Glad you guys enjoy the comics,

~Soran

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_90_by_soarinskies-d9hor3o.png

Possessive Ideas

And this is one of the reasons why I had two story arcs going on at the same time (Akino and Z mining and Soran's Decomposition).

At least now he can blend in to his surroundings.

Son of a gun. How I didn't think of that pun… I'm ashamed of myself.

So you're having trouble with GIMP...is that why you started using Blender?

You guys and your puns. This one was clever though, I'll admit.

Just posses the entire house.

It would be like Monster House. Soran House! Somehow I feel like there's some false advertising there.

Oh snap...

Hopefully the next time somebody makes a smoothie, they don't hear "Aah! Turn it off! I'm nauseous!"

But now Soran controls the smoothie consumption of the comics. He has his own monopoly.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comics,

~Soran

• Upvote 2

he could posses the 4th wall?

shhshshshsshshshsshsshshshshhhhhhhh!

Oh now I can't wait to see the plots collide.

What happens when an unstoppable dig hits an immovable Akino?

Actually... I can imagine the two having a conversation in front of Z or something.

Edited by Ghidora131

New Comic

s3_91_by_soarinskies-d9hrey8.png

Obvious Possession

Hopefully you guys are able to tell that it's Soran reacting to whatever he's encountering in Akino's mind. 

The sheer stupidity of Akino might be too much for Soran to handle.

That is an interesting situation to think of. Let's take this example to the depths of my sleep deprived mind.

Let's say that Soran goes into Akino's mind and is experiencing the things in there. At first everything would seem strange as would be appropriate with anyone. We each have different thought processes, we imagine different things and we have different lives and memories that we have lived. But at the same time it would slowly over time feel right. That's because almost everyone thinks they are right. That's what makes an interesting character, an interesting antagonist or protagonist. It's a person who believes that whatever they do is right. When you're probing in a person's mind you are experiencing exactly that. Everything they see, everything they feel, hear, smell, taste. It's all what they consider to be right. Going into a person's mind as a ghost or some apparition of sorts, you do not have a concept of time. When a person dreams they cannot read the time on a clock, they must gauge the time based off of their memories of similar situations or their own deductive reasoning. Soran could be in Akino's mind for only 5 seconds and it could feel like an eternity, or he could be in it for several years and it feel like a couple seconds. There is no concept of time in a person's natural mind, we all just go with the flow. Now through this amount of time that Soran experiences in Akino's mind, it starts to change his (Soran's) perception of reality because he's no longer in the true reality, he's in another person's reality. Things start to feel more normal as time goes on until eventually he could be lost inside Akino's mind if he doesn't take it over quickly enough. The time of complete surrendering to reality is not a specific time but it's all entirely based off of that person's (Soran) will, specifically how strongly they believe in their own reality as opposed to the one they are currently living (Akino's mind). This is the point of why it's rather hard to possess a body in my concept of it, there is a major risk factor to it. It's either you take over the body, you're forced out, or you're stuck in that person's brain as a passive observer for the rest of your eternal life until you either take control of your situation or someone else rescues you.

So in terms of what you said regarding the difficulty of it. Probably, he's dealt with Akino for most of his (Soran's) creation so it probably wouldn't be too unaware of Akino's thought processes. I imagine that the next comics regarding Akino's mind would be vastly different than most people's expectations. 

I'll go ahead and give you guys a hint regarding the next few comics. Because I am currently busy with other projects I pre-made a week's worth of comics. This means that I am ahead of schedule and thus had a lot of time to put to working on the quality of the comics. With a subject like the mind/imagination of a person, I was given the ability to work under conditions that are different than my normal ones. Those conditions being true freedom to see what fancy new things I experiment with.

So, he's going to take control of Akino...

How is he going to match the levels of stupidity? Also is me and Loganto doing stuff in the same plot a thing now? Because that's a great thing.

You and Loganto are currently investigating the tracks of the ghosts. There are currently no immediate plans to input the Ghost Busters into the plot at any nearby point. I have an idea of what they would later be doing but that's a couple arcs away.

Technically he can't override another person without them possessing a body. Since the 4th Wall is just an Entity it doesn't possess an actual body meaning Soran wouldn't be able to possess it even if he wished to.

This comic and the next few are direct connections in plot. Enjoy.

shhshshshsshshshsshsshshshshhhhhhhh!

What happens when an unstoppable dig hits an immovable Akino?

Actually... I can imagine the two having a conversation in front of Z or something.

A very angry Z. 

You're surprisingly accurate in a way.

~Soran