Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_92_by_soarinskies-d9hv11f.png

Akino's Mind

Sorry in advance if the image is too big, if need be I will replace it with a thumbnail image.

For such a dumb joke it sure is a beautiful comic. Especially that first panel which is my by far my favorite panel I've ever created. Also, making space backgrounds is hard as the super large vertical one I had to create myself. Also if you have trouble reading it, follow the cosmic trail and look outside of it.

Soran:

"Wait, I can't move my limbs."

Z:

"Oh wow, what a genius. Grab that shovel."

Soran:

"But..."

Just imagine everything being said in Akino's mind by any of the characters as being said by Akino's body in real life. Boy would that be confusing.

Soran could Become the forth wall assuming like you said teh fourth wall is an entity with no physical body much like soran atm

He wouldn't be able to by my theory. Think of it like water and oil, with Soran being represented by water and the 4th Wall being represented by oil. They won't mix together, they're each their own thing. A body would be similar to being a bucket. You could have the bucket filled with oil which would mean that the person representing oil would be in control of that body (bucket). You can dump out the oil though, and put in water, which would change who is in charge and who is in control. You can try to put them together but it just created a clustered mess. Soran isn't able to just replace the 4th Wall as he has nothing to possibly replace.

when is he gonna comment on Akino's voice sounding strange?

Also when is Akino going to spit inside his own mask?

There's a chance that it would sound strange since Akino speaks with a weird speech impediment while Soran speaks completely fine inside Akino's body. He'll spit inside his own mask when he's in charge.

I don't think his voice would actually change, Mal.

Anyway, RvB sound effect! Noticed that. This should be interesting...

It would definitely still be Akino's voice but his way of speaking does change since Soran speaks more clearly compared to Akino. I do enjoy that sound effect, I always thought it was entertaining.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I don't know where I am, or how I got here, but I like it.

If all your organic tissue is gone, aren't your metal bones incapable of moving since there are no muscles left? Or will they just produce scraping noises whenever you move a limb? 

*Ahem* As biomechanical beings, Matoran have pistons working alongside muscles. Argument Invalidated.

that was the day Bulk switched to eating chips

Yet despite that he hasn't been feeling very chipper, lately.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

I've never tried coffee for fear of addiction, however, the day I ran into tortilla chips, I became addicted anyways, Ah well, chips are better than coffee anyways.

New Comic

s3_93_by_soarinskies-d9hzsmx.png

Conscious Discipline

Imagine having to go through this scenario, every time you wanted to possess a body. I imagine that would do wonders to the possessor's brain and sanity. Also, Akino's mind is not nearly as crazy as one might expect. This was somewhat hinted at during the Swimmy 2.0 arc.

Wow... Akino, when they said you had a lot of space in your head, I had no idea...

A lot of empty space, literally.

Well I haven't posted here in quite some time. I gotta say, I really like how this latest story arc is developing, and the latest comic is quite awe inspiring to say the least. Good job, Soran. 

Thanks.

I don't know where I am, or how I got here, but I like it.

If all your organic tissue is gone, aren't your metal bones incapable of moving since there are no muscles left? Or will they just produce scraping noises whenever you move a limb? 

*Ahem* As biomechanical beings, Matoran have pistons working alongside muscles. Argument Invalidated.

that was the day Bulk switched to eating chips

Yet despite that he hasn't been feeling very chipper, lately.

~Soran

I've never tried coffee for fear of addiction, however, the day I ran into tortilla chips, I became addicted anyways, Ah well, chips are better than coffee anyways.

Pistons would really only be able to control a pushing and retreating motion which only a few systems truly appear like that in the body. I would imagine that their skeleton is most likely put together via a hinge system, as that would make sense with certain functions (at least, their elbows/knees). Even then if it were put together via a hinge or piston system, it would still require muscles to be able to move the systems around.

I agree, chips are way better. Until you eat enough and you start to get thirsty, then it stinks.

The load time wasn't worth it for the joke, but the background was very beautiful.

I did say it was a dumb joke. Thanks.

Look around a bit.  Maybe Wheatley and the Space Core are in there somewhere.

The next story arc is going to be the new TNSA (Tiaki-Nui Space Agency)'s newest cosmonauts, Ghidora and Loganto, exploring the depths of space in Akino's mind. Calling it now.

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_94_by_soarinskies-d9i3td5.png

Possessive Explanation

It's like Akino rebooted and gave out a diagnostic report of what's going on or something, i dunno lol

Well. Akino had a lot more willpower than I thought. And his inner self somehow manages to look threatening.

That would most likely be because it looks eerie. You know that it's Akino but somehow it isn't. It's the fact that it appears soulless without a brain (and eyes) and a heart, there is literally nothing there. It's the literal manifestation of the heart and mind of a person, its Akino's conscious. Combine that with the fact that it literally broke the illusion that Soran was in and summoned him to it displays its power within its own realm, the mind. Also in its only appearance it ended up completely ridding Soran in a frightening way of getting literally wrapped in nothingness, the void of the mind and casting his spirit out of Akino's body. It's protecting its power that it has and it will do whatever it takes to prevent the body from taking any damage in any way. 

Will we see an 'Akino takes over the world' Story one day?

Haha, No. Only one person supposedly has plans for World Domination and it's not Akino.

Does everyone have a different spiritual monster form that appears when a ghost is attemtping to hijack a body being possessed?

I would assume most people have some kind of visual way of removing an intruder from their mind, Akino's happens to be tentacles, mainly because it's rather eerie in appearance. 

Does everyone have a different spiritual monster form that appears when a ghost is attemtping to hijack a body being possessed?

It could just be like a dictatorship version of Inside Out, one internal deity deciding all that you do, and all that goes through your head.

You are rather accurate on it being a single thing that dictates all. In this case it would be a person's conscious is what dictates everything that person does. The conscious is the one who has gained the opportunity to enact its will upon the world through the use of a body. Because of this, it will stop at nothing to prevent anyone from taking its power away from it. In a way it's almost like it has a mind of its own, but alas it doesn't. It is without a mind and without a heart as shown in the comic as its the literal manifestation of the heart and mind. It controls what a person feels in their heart and in their mind. 

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2

So if soran is water then could that mean that peoples conscious is salt or sugar because he can posses them so the its like middle school science the solute plus the solvent make the solution and soran as the water would be the solvent but if the solute is to much the solvent cant absorb it all then that results in him be kicked out by the conscious?

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

So if soran is water then could that mean that peoples conscious is salt or sugar because he can posses them so the its like middle school science the solute plus the solvent make the solution and soran as the water would be the solvent but if the solute is to much the solvent cant absorb it all then that results in him be kicked out by the conscious?

Um... What?

I think I understand... Nevermind I have no clue.

Um... What?

in reply to sorans comment on oil

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_95_by_soarinskies-d9i80ik.png

Make It Snappy!

I wanted to give Akino some actual feelings/opinions and have him have some actual hints of intelligence this arc. This comic being a prime example of the feelings/opinions.

Seeing such words come from him hurts my brain.

I think what makes it worse is that he used all of those words correctly. 

I had to pull out of my old middle school science textbook for this one. I would say that that's a pretty accurate analogy to what's going on in terms of how Soran possesses a person. He must be more powerful than that person's conscious. By possessing another person's body he is essentially imprisoning their conscious. If the person's conscious is more powerful than Soran then they can just force him out and shield the mind from any further attacks (which would be why Soran doesn't just try again). 

Um... What?

Gotta catch up on that science homework.

Um... What?

in reply to sorans comment on oil

It's a pretty accurate analogy to how the possessing works. Gavla/Mr. Tools came up with a pretty good analogy to how the conscious functions, where it is essentially a white blood cell in action.

It seems though that this ultrapowerful conscious has only really been shown to be in Akino. Is he a special case, or has Soran simply not gotten as far with anyone else as he did with him?

Soran has been shown to have possessed at least one person in a comic, that being Vahi/Vataki (The Story of Soran and the Three Bodies). He also referenced that it is harder to possess than a person might think and that they can normally just force him out which can be interpreted to mean that he was successful a few times very briefly but nothing long lasting. Akino's conscious is the first one shown where Soran just completely up and fails. He got lost in Akino's mind and the conscious found him and disposed of him. Akino's conscious isn't ultra powerful per se it just seems like it is because it's in control of Akino's mind which Soran was in. Think of it like a police officer, Akino's conscious only has as much power as it does if Soran is in its jurisdiction, otherwise it's really just another conscious. Whether it's a special case or not, I haven't decided yet. So far it's just the first look at what happens in a person's body.

It seems though that this ultrapowerful conscious has only really been shown to be in Akino. Is he a special case, or has Soran simply not gotten as far with anyone else as he did with him?

Seeing on his last successful possession, I would assume He's only gotten so far until now.

He definitely has possessed a few people but no one for a long enough period of time to truly replace his own. 

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Howdy, quick question I'd like to ask you guys in regards to an idea I had.

So I've come up with another comic series idea. This one is about my character, Soran. Here's a quick picture I made to showcase the style.

the_road_to_home_by_soarinskies-d9i83ej.

The name of the series would be "The Road to Home" and it details Soran's past in the actual BIONICLE universe. The main driving point of this series would be the fact that it's a CYOA (Choose your own adventure) comic which is something I've personally never done. It also can be classified as a combination of adventure, mystery, and comedy. I have the idea for the story already set in place, all I would need to do is fill out the middle (Which is why it's a CYOA). 

The comic would mainly be a test on my more serious story telling capabilities as well as the capabilities of the sprite kit of choice, the Snazzy Kit. This comic would help me to be able to work on the Snazzy Kit as well since I will be needing specific elements for the comic that I do not currently have made (Such as the boat I had just made in the picture). 

Since it's supposed to be able to fit into the BIONICLE universe I have constructed a story based off of similar events in time and molded them together in a way that makes sense. Also, the main driving force that the readers would have is specifically where Soran goes and what islands he ends up at by picking/voting on certain directions on the compass, this as well as being able to make decisions in dialogue and also during random uneventful moments being able to have Soran do random things (which he may or may not accept to do). 

There are so far 2 main characters in the series which viewers will be able to control, as well as several "temporary" main characters (characters that are only significant on their respective islands) viewers will be able to control as well. 

If you guys like the idea then my next question would be if I should have this series in this same topic as a side series or in its own topic. If it is in its own topic then it would be most likely easier to follow along with but it could also turn some people away from the comics during any boring spell. If it's in this topic then it would be another thing for people to look forward to in the same topic, but it would be harder to follow along with and it would most likely only be read by those current fans of this topic (As some people may not be interested in viewing my topic even if there is a different series). What would you guys most prefer? Does this series even sound interesting at all?

I'll look forward to your feedback,

~Soran

Edited by Soran

~snip~

Well, considering it's a fixed ending, it's not really a "choose your own adventure", but I'd like to see it anyways.

Also, if You're okay with letting your backstory fall into the hands of a handful of online weirdos... You're brave.

we'll just have more stuff about comparing possession to an analogy and more lawyer stuff. Its fine

@Soran

It reminds me of my first attempt of a comic reboot. The actual story of your Matoran in the Bionicle universe. Mine in Le-Koro, trying to find his place in the world, yours, well, it seems like he's on his way to a new island, banished from your own. I really hope you get to Mata-Nui at some point. I would love a cameo.

I personally love the idea. I think it's great. But your plate seems a bit full, and a "choose your own adventure" series is hard work. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.

• Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

This sounds like a really great idea, and I agree that it would indeed warrant its own topic. But Loganto is right, it is a lot of work. I mean, you're already running one comic; do you think you can handle two? I mean, if you do, then great, go for it, but I think we all agree that none of us want you to push yourself too hard.

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_94_by_soarinskies-d9ibzna.png

Wall Framing

Bike… He definitely was going to say bike or bicycle...

Can't have a story arc without The Fourth Wall breaking at one point, it's simply not allowed (Actually I probably missed a wall break during some story arcs).

On an unrelated note, is my new Sig working for everyone (Showing 4 pictures)?

So I guess Akino is grounded from snappy comebacks now.

Hopefully they'll find time to bury the hatchet.

So I guess Akino is grounded from snappy comebacks now.

Or under-grounded.  B-)

Get it?

Get it?

Yeah, you get it.

Nice one.

Or under-grounded.  B-)
Get it?
Get it?
Yeah, you get it.

Taketh your bad humour elsewhere, heathen.

it is essentially a white blood cell in action.

~Soran

Yeah, Logan's unusual grammar had me confused.

If bad humor isn't allowed then I should probably move my comics elsewhere. Well, at least you got everything figured out now.

--------------

Related to The Road to Home

That looks really cool I feel that it would warrant its own topic because its a completely different story

I really do hope it turns out cool. Sounds good.

We need more choose your own adventure comics, let's support this one.

Let's first wait for me to actually make comic one before you guys give me any actual support, otherwise I'd feel guilty.

~snip~

Well, considering it's a fixed ending, it's not really a "choose your own adventure", but I'd like to see it anyways.

Also, if You're okay with letting your backstory fall into the hands of a handful of online weirdos... You're brave.

I mean, you're not wrong. Technically it's not a choose your own adventure if you go by that definition. The whole comic revolves around the audiences decisions of where Soran ends up going. So this is either going to be a very short series (if you guys pick everything that lines up) or it's going to be a very long one (If you guys choose to revisit the same island several times or other islands that aren't related to the story I have set up). I suppose it could be considered a choose your own pace as that's slightly more accurate I suppose. Who knows.

Actually the only real important part to the story is at the ending, so anything else that happens revolving my character is fine by me. You guys could make him as heroic or as lame as possible, honestly doesn't truly matter to me. You guys could make his moral compass point straight or just be straight up broken and insult everyone in his path, who knows.

~snip~

we'll just have more stuff about comparing possession to an analogy and more lawyer stuff. Its fine

Let me tell you about the different analogies and references in this story, hold on. -readjusts glasses-

sure

thanks

@Soran

It reminds me of my first attempt of a comic reboot. The actual story of your Matoran in the Bionicle universe. Mine in Le-Koro, trying to find his place in the world, yours, well, it seems like he's on his way to a new island, banished from your own. I really hope you get to Mata-Nui at some point. I would love a cameo.

I personally love the idea. I think it's great. But your plate seems a bit full, and a "choose your own adventure" series is hard work. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.

I can do any cameos that are related to the colors of said matoran's elements, so I could potentially do that. 

Actually you guys can technically control where he goes so you can actually do something like that. At the end of each comic I will have Soran pull out a compass and a map and the viewers will get to vote which direction he goes and potentially what islands he ends up at. 

My plate is always full with things I would like to do and things I have no interest doing. Adding another ingredient to the cauldron is nothing new.

This sounds like a really great idea, and I agree that it would indeed warrant its own topic. But Loganto is right, it is a lot of work. I mean, you're already running one comic; do you think you can handle two? I mean, if you do, then great, go for it, but I think we all agree that none of us want you to push yourself too hard.

I've handled three different series once for a solid two months, I'm actually pretty skilled at my time management. I would like to point out though, that this series ranks 2nd in terms of importance. Soran's Comics is still the series I primarily am working in so while Soran's Comics might get updated every day or two, this series (The Road to Home) will be sporadic, it isn't on a schedule. That's mainly because I'm having to create stories based off of people's suggestions and several new backgrounds and sprites. If need be I can put some projects on hold while I ready things up.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic and the idea,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_97_by_soarinskies-d9ihpfg.png

Skipping Rocks

This is definitely reminiscent of Akino's past actions.

All the pics are working except the right most one. (In your sig)

Thank ya'.

The Fourth Wall really needs to get some insurance to cover that.

I'm sure it doesn't care.

Your sig works, yeah.

Is that Akino trying to find Soran a new body...underground?

Great. That would be a totally useless body, one that's already decomposed to replace Soran's decomposed body. Maybe he finds a robot body underground or something, who knows.

Need insurance?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA. Only 9-7 however; I have several night jobs, one being a Ghostbuster.

I like to imagine why Ghidora and Loganto work so many jobs but I can't find a viable reason as to why. It entertains me though.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Need insurance?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA. Only 9-7 however; I have several night jobs, one being a Ghostbuster.

I like to imagine why Ghidora and Loganto work so many jobs but I can't find a viable reason as to why. It entertains me though.

Perhaps because they keep spending all the money they get from their jobs on their other jobs.

Or on Ghiddy's suits, those things can be expensive.