Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

@TNG & Ro: I will probably ask him what to nickname his character, as soon as he gives me his sprite sheet.Also, there is going to be a mini story arc to introduce half the characters as I said earlier.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

@Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda: I'm surprised at how fast it was filled too. I was afraid it would be treated as 'just another chimoru comic', the whole look and leave. And yeah, a 'regular' name will probably help. :PApparently Easter is tomorrow... I think? So, Easter comic tomorrow, stay tuned...~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

@Argaraffe: I'm glad I was able to match it well, I was afraid I didn't do too well.@Boss: Hes been able to see tons of things that regard his kit.@TNG: I can't tell you whose next, it's a secret.Updated the First Post, now its more colorful... Its meaningless updates like these that just make the world go round. If Brickshelf/Majhost go down though I'm going to have to replace it with regular text sadly.Easter Comic released later today and to all those waiting,Happy Easter.~Soran

Edited by Soran

@Argaraffe: I'm glad I was able to match it well, I was afraid I didn't do too well.@Boss: Hes been able to see tons of things that regard his kit.@TNG: I can't tell you whose next, it's a secret.Updated the First Post, now its more colorful... Its meaningless updates like these that just make the world go round. If Brickshelf/Majhost go down though I'm going to have to replace it with regular text sadly.Easter Comic released later today and to all those waiting,Happy Easter.~Soran

he hasn't been online since december.

bBhcfWO.png

happy_easter.pngHappy Easter!Well since my little brother has some tradition he never breaks of waking me up early to do an egg hunt (Which he only finds the green eggs, of course...), I decided I might as well post the comic early. (This is also the comic I needed Leraku early for since it matched his description so well...)Happy Easter,~Soran Edited by Soran

@Justax: Indeed, comic makers deserve no mercy.@Leraku: I originally was going to make the second panel where half of Leraku is shown, similar to the Inika commercial, but found out that your mask didn't when enlarged a certain number of pixels, so I abandoned the idea and just went with this one. and yes the other eye isn't glowing. I always thought the visor in his mask would reflect light, so I made it only in one eye.@Ro: 'Awesomely funny'. Have I crossed into a new genre of comedy!? I say! I'd like to thank the academy.@Boss: You have nothing to fear except fear itself.Thanks for the comments,~Soran

@Leraku: I originally was going to make the second panel where half of Leraku is shown, similar to the Inika commercial, but found out that your mask didn't when enlarged a certain number of pixels, so I abandoned the idea and just went with this one. and yes the other eye isn't glowing. I always thought the visor in his mask would reflect light, so I made it only in one eye.

Leraku's mask actually has a visor of sorts inside it, and it is mostly clear - each side is just tinted very lightly, so the blue side looks light, light whitish blue, and the other side looks like a very light whitish red. His eyes are that color in that form, and as such they glow.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

I have no idea why, but this idea has been bugging me all day, so i decided to make it.

Something to do in my spare time since i'm sick, i guess.

lerstophittingyourselfcomic.png

soranfanbap.gif

Tah dah.

LER EDIT: Whoops. It was late in the evening and i was really tired [what with me being sick... again] so it seems i forgot the speech bubble in the animation, as well as the second panel.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

@Leraku's Comic: LOL, I love the personalities. But why is the animation grainy?

This is also seen in my basic animations. Since it's not super-long at all, Microsoft GIF animator does the job and keeps the filesize down, so i don't need a flash document. (Plus, i'm not exactly experienced with sprite-based flash animation... yet.) The side effect of GIF animator is that it makes the files animated GIFs - losing the normal quality of .png files.Also, did anyone notice the subtle pun in the comic? Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

I would have never noticed Arga's name's connection to wild savanna hoofbeasts if it weren't for everyone yelling about it. Am I really the only one who doesn't delve into the oddities of everyone's user names? Man, I'm some kind of weirdo.Also, where did you get the Miru for Ro?J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

@Justax: Indeed you are odd. Actually, when I first saw his name in a comic, he didn't appear, he was just talked about. I don't remember what comic it was, but i thought they were talking about a giraffe. This comic is just showing what basically happened in real life (Though not in the same events).I made the Miru and the Kakama, and another mask for another kit which I won't say because I wish to remain anonymous. They're from an old kit of mine that I was making a few years ago. I basically gave up the kit because of certain things I couldn't get right. Every now and then though, I just use one of the masks I made (For instance Arga's front view mask which I didn't have until he gave it to me later) because it looks better then the standard chimoru kind.~Soran

A little backstory to my name which I have never revealed before: It was originally Arga, but when I tried to make a MOC of myself it had an abnormally large neck. So it was named Argaraffe. I don't understand why everyone always pokes fun at it, you don't know how many of your names I misunderstad. Overall, nice comic.

@Boss: Well with Arga's explanation it makes more sense.@Ro: He probably knew it was you because of the character sheet... The last panel is from a picture I made. I make edits every now and then of people because of boredom...@Arga: Never revealed before until now, in my topic? I feel so special. :biggrin:That makes a lot of sense now. I think the only reason people poke fun at names is for comedic effect regardless of the person's feelings. Thanks.Thanks for the comments,~SoranPS: I probably won't be able to introduce half of the Pgs, probably only 3. (I already introduced 2, so I am introducing 1 more. Who will the lucky person be...? I don't know.)

enter_pgs.png11/4/12Found a way to introduce almost all Pgs that aren't linked to a story arc introduction.@TNG: The white Miru matoran is 'Rahkshi Overlord'. His name is 'Ro/ptolemic'. The Black Kakama character is Bulik, who is Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda.~Soran Edited by Soran

@Kodrak: The guy behind Mal is Bulik. I made all of the backgrounds I use in this series except for the attic one used in the last panel. I had no idea how I was suppose to make an attic so I just got a picture online. Still works I guess.~Soran