Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

If the Grinch actually is real here, Axilus in this comic (assuming this isn't avoided for plot reasons) would probably attempt to hunt him down...and he'd probably ask Mal and Leraku for help.

And that'd be hilarious.

And then of course, I was on my day job of thievery as "The Green Bandit"

And I was going house to house stealing meaningless objects and smashing them for fun.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

If the Grinch actually is real here, Axilus in this comic (assuming this isn't avoided for plot reasons) would probably attempt to hunt him down...and he'd probably ask Mal and Leraku for help.

And that'd be hilarious.

And I was going house to house stealing meaningless objects and smashing them for fun.

Only if I get to be Santa.

Imagine getting a lump of coal that stared back at you.

• Upvote 1

And that'd be hilarious.

Can I be the coal?

New Comic

s3_115_by_soarinskies-d9kl6vu.png

Ego Trip

Burn of the month goes to Mal.

Also, Rip.

~Soran

My pants!

Axilus, you clever bloke. Thanks to you, we'll get Frosty and Rudolf thumping on the door.

It'll be full of Christmas cheer.

All that glitters is gold, only shooting stars break the mold.

Pls don't shoot the star.

DANGET! now I have to clean up this gliter

Go right ahead and do that cause I'm not doing that at all.

DANGET! now I have to clean up this gliter

It's a cool place, and they say it gets colder, if you're bundled up now, wait 'til you get older, but the meteor men beg to differ, judging by the whole in the satellite picture.

Now I've got that song stuck in my head. Thanks.

"I wouldn't touch you with a 36-and-a-half-foot pole!"

"But you're a ghost, you can't touch me anyway."

"...oh."

That's pretty entertaining.

And that'd be hilarious.

That actually would be a good way to pull the arc. Isn't what I planned, however.

And that'd be hilarious.

Taking a break from being a Ghost Buster to being a burglar.

And that'd be hilarious.

Scary.

And that'd be hilarious.

Can I be the coal?

Only if you're prepared to meet hot grills.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_117_by_soarinskies-d9kuhok.png

Not the Grinch

And now we find out who the culprit was all along. I assumed it was obvious.

Status update: I noticed recently that I'm a premier member. This means one thing: Someone was foolish enough to give me a blog on the site. Check it out for my comic related updates.

Status update 2.0: I also wanted to show you guys the awesome Secret Santa gift I got from Dina Saruyama. This gift is simply Soran chilling out which seemed appropriate considering the time of year and the past events of my comics thus far.

Link to Picture

Do you wanna build a Ghiddy

:evilgrin:

No.

Whoa, their Ghostbusting is actually gonna go somewhere! Nice.

It will definitely go somewhere, just not before Christmas I'm afraid.

Icy what you did there.

Thanks, I thought it was cool.

That's just...Cold.

The puns are making me feel...Ghiddy.

You should probably cool down with a nice cold one.

While we're on the subject of ghostbusters...

Glorious.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

The Fikou is the best villain in history, it stole Soran's friends because he didn't want to be alone, took the Christmas tree so it could try to celebrate Christmas and even got hats for its victims. I love that cute little spider.

I've also wondered where you found a high quality picture of the Fikou or managed to shrink it without losing quality.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

New Comic

s3_118_by_soarinskies-d9kx7p7.png

Sent for Backup

The issues with shopping near Christmas...

I WAS RIGHT MY THEORIES HAVE PREVAILED I CAN SEE THE FUTURE! I mean the Fikou had a good reason he just wants his fo-- *ahem* guest to have a nice xmas

I can honestly say that for a second I was scared that you had figured it out when one of your theories involved the Fikou Spider. Luckily it wasn't brought up again as I was afraid you guys would've been able to figure out the culprit from the beginning.

Well, what do you know.

If you get a part of a corpse in your stocking... I want it.

You want it… For reasons?

The Fikou is the best villain in history, it stole Soran's friends because he didn't want to be alone, took the Christmas tree so it could try to celebrate Christmas and even got hats for its victims. I love that cute little spider.

I've also wondered where you found a high quality picture of the Fikou or managed to shrink it without losing quality.

It's definitely one of my favorite running jokes. It's also the most useful one I've got. If I have no idea how to make a situation end, I just involve the spider and magically it all works out.

In regards to how I got a high quality spider, I ended up finding a set of large instructions for the Fikou Spider online. I ripped the completed image of it from the instructions and then I shrunk it down. I then applied a sharpness filter to it and I got the spider. Simple as that.

Heh!

I didn't at any point expect that, actually.

Surprising to me but I'm also sort of glad. I like surprising people.

You should find out how many times you see Ghidora and Loganto in a phone book.

That's an entertaining thought.

fikou is best villain confirmed

just give up on the star now

Pretty much going to give up on that one. There's no saving that star.

Daaaawww, he got his victims santa hats and a tree.  Isn't he full of holiday cheer =P

The monster himself looks surprisingly adorable in a santa hat... better to sneak up on unsuspecting Matoran, I suppose...

It's such an adorable lil' guy that it becomes a combination of oddly cute and devious at the same time once you figure out what it does. I agree, the Fikou Spider looks adorable with a santa hat.

~Soran

Edited by Soran

Link is broken.

As is image.

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. It's even worse since I can't even tell that it's broken for some reason, always looks fine for me. I've reuploaded it so hopefully it's working now. Tell me if it's still broken.

~Soran

ugh now I wonder if I've gotten anything else right. also Z's reflection is very odd looking. speaking of reflections how do they keep their floors so clean to always have a reflection

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_119_by_soarinskies-d9l1shl.png

Twinkle Twinkle

I personally like this comic. I think it's funny. It's also has one of the few BIONICLE jokes in the series.

Just use Soran's old body to decorate the top of the tree. I'm sure it can be posed like a star.

I imagine that his body would get sore and tired while being a star. 

ugh now I wonder if I've gotten anything else right. also Z's reflection is very odd looking. speaking of reflections how do they keep their floors so clean to always have a reflection

I know that most people's theories on what's going to occur next are normally incorrect. I think you were one of the few to get at least one and possibly two correct. The one I can recall is obviously knowing the Spider's relevance in the current arc. I'm not sure what the other one was.

I can admit that the reflection is odd looking. The perspective of the glass is between a 45º and a frontward facing body. So I chose the latter as it would more clearly show his facial expression through the glass. I forgot to actually move the reflection closer to the body while doing so however and because of this it looks out of alignment.

If I were to explain the concept of the reflections I would say that from a graphical perspective the characters have reflections and shadows to anchor them to the background. From a story perspective I would assume that Soran has designated that everyone have a list of chores they get done with and whoever is in charge of polishing the floor does a great job. 

My guess is that they get Akino to do it, somehow.

"Somehow"

You just need to ask the guy and he'll do anything, he doesn't really care.

Axilus, Mal, and Leraku team up to face the Fikou, retrieve the star, and comically forget about saving the people tied up there. They return to find Soran being assailed by the Ghostbusters, who also have taken the tree hostage.

/fanfic

The one time a rich man can't buy something...

That actually sounds very entertaining and had I had the time to work with that kind of story arc instead I probably would do so. It's an interesting scenario that ties what I introduced together and it brings to light some characters that have been neglected as of late. Sadly, I've already got a plan which is less glorious than that suggestion which I'm working on so oh well. It was a great suggestion though.

Would you rather be rich and can't buy anything at the store or be poor and can't buy anything at the store?

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Utilizing decaying Matoran bodies for house furniture is a good thing. 

I recommend it. I did it too after all. 

#MoreDeadSoransForChairs2016. 

It's weird popping back in here and seeing all you're doing. It's weird but nice because someone needs to take control over the comics forum and there's no one better for that but you, Sor. 

Just a shame this place is Basically Dead.

Just like Soran.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_120_by_soarinskies-d9l6ck6.png

Reaching for the Stars

Friend of mine came up with this idea. I thought it was entertaining and a clever way of getting a star. I'm also pretty proud of that title.

Utilizing decaying Matoran bodies for house furniture is a good thing. 

I recommend it. I did it too after all. 

#MoreDeadSoransForChairs2016. 

It's weird popping back in here and seeing all you're doing. It's weird but nice because someone needs to take control over the comics forum and there's no one better for that but you, Sor. 

Just a shame this place is Basically Dead.

Just like Soran.

I mean, technically it's a house for Soran. It can house his spirit.

Thank you very much. I'm also impressed you came up with a weird analogy for my series which is surprisingly dead on with what I've got planned. It's interesting.

So what's he going to do with that star for the rest of the year anyway?

Probably nothing. I doubt Z would've cared if he wasted money on a star, he's a millionaire. 

So what's he going to do with that star for the rest of the year anyway?

Own it.

EDIT: That or sue anyone who's ever taken a picture of it, because copyright.

Pretty much.

Next comic: How the Makuta stole Christmas

Darn Makutas always taking our Christmases.

I remember that comic. I was angry at that comic. I was angry at Makuta. I was angry at the world.

I was thoroughly impressed by Teridax. Wasn't so much angry as I was curious how it was going to end.

Oh, the irony of that. I'll bet this doesn't affect the characters much afterward though. :P

Yeah, doesn't really take too much affect on the story. Except now Z owns a toa as a slave since he bought their spirit star.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1