Doctor Who. Official!

I have been watching for a few years. 2nd tennant season. I also have seen almost every Torchwood episode as well. But yea. Such an awesome show. Matt smith is also great. I haven't seen many epps before tennant though,

star_wars_banner_2.png

Xbl gt:voiced otter

a fan of Bionicle Star Wars forever

anyway I have pretty much left bzp don't ask why I will post occasionally but please don't ask me to come back properly or I will never post again

The finale, compared to the rest of the episode (minus the Pirates episode - that one was ugh.), was a bit disappointing. Overall though this season has to be the best one out of the revived series so far - all the gems with TGWW, TDW, Closing Time etc. :biggrin:

Edited by Bioran23

TNW-Promo.png

whatsnew-tech.jpgwhatsnew-smsg.jpg

My favourite episode this season has to be "The Doctor's Wife", mostly for this exchange: Doc: She's the TARDIS... but she's also a woman... but she's the TARDIS... but she's a woman!Amy: Did you wish really, really hard?Doc: Shut up!TARDIS: Hello! I'm "Sexy"!Doc: ...Still shut up! EDIT: Also "Let's Kill Hitler", for leaving us in suspense about who's going to try and kill Hitler, then locking him in a closet and forgetting about him.

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Personally I'm one of the people who likes that Moffat has created a huge overarching story that covers Matt Smith's run, makes an interesting change from the series-long arcs we got with Davies. Complaining that he hasn't wrapped everything up after two series finales is like only reading up to Two Towers and complaining they never reached Mordor

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Ugh, don't talk to me about Doctor Who. I just...I just feel disappointed with it now. I've been defending it for so long from my friends who hate it, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to hold off their attacks when I myself was disappointed by the finale. I ALMOST wish RTD was back (Almost, I would never actually wish such a horrible thing) as at least he knew how to set up a good story. Even if it did end with more Deus Ex Machina's than God in a Japanese Warehouse.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I liked the finale. Also, silence will fall. And bowties are cool.

When I first heard Silence Will Fall and discovered the Silence were a species (Or so it seemed for the time being), I was hoping they just had an unfortunate habit of tripping up all the time. Shame I was wrong about that part.

LzcD9OS.png

So, read Ratking, the Aurelio Zen novel. Silence will fall kept popping up (book is from '89, or something), enjoyed that. Anyway, on topic. I did enjoy the finale for a standalone episode, and because it's basically promising that we'll delve into the mythos of the Doctor next year. But, I really didn't enjoy this season. Better than any Davies season, though, minus Series 1. There's something about Eccleston that makes anything unable to beat Series 1. Torchwood: Miracle Day. I did enjoy it, despite being mostly filler. I enjoyed it more than this season of Who, at least. I just hated Davies even more at how the end of the finale went. Killing off my favorite...

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

Perhaps it's due to having much higher expectations since Moffat took over, but I didn't enjoy Series 6 nearly as much as 5. It had some brilliant episodes, sure. Day of the Moon, The Doctor's Wife, A Good Man Goes to War, Night Terrors, and the finale I certainly enjoyed, though it did kind of leave me with a feeling of "well what was the point of all that then?" given that most of it takes place in an alternate/pocket/whatever timeline that affected nothing, and didn't even result in anything changing besides the Doctor and River getting married (which I can't decide if I like or not and could have happened anyway). Overall I just found the series ever so slightly underwhelming. Closing Time really annoyed me. I loved the episode, right up until the ending. The Cybermen have spent centuries perfecting their conversion method, converting thousands of people who, believe it or not, have emotions! Once upon a time, they had emotions to! If the conversion process causes them all to die the moment the person being converted feels love for someone then all the Cybermen would have died as soon as they attempted to convert anyone. There is also no logical reason why the conversion thingy should be linked to the Cybermen. It makes no sense! Apart from that I'd say they got the Cybermen pretty much spot on. Now to wait for Series 7.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I liked the overall idea of most of this season's episodes, but several with great ideas fell flat, whether it was due to poor directing or poor scripts (The God Complex in particular could have been fantastic, but it was just mediocre). Saw the nature of The Question coming a mile off, although I liked it all the same. I like how Moffat's picking up on story threads that began in the classic series and hopefully it'll go somewhere interesting.

I enjoyed most of the season, but overall I felt it was a little weaker compared to series 5. Part of that is that a lot of the season was tied up in the arc; I preferred the somewhat more subtle buildup of seasons past. Also, Torchwood needed to be about 2/3rds as long as it was.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

There's an interview from fairly recently that says something along the lines of he feels that Who works better as an autumn show, and that they want to make 2013 as big as possible since it's the anniversary year.

• Upvote 1

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I enjoyed most of the season, but overall I felt it was a little weaker compared to series 5. Part of that is that a lot of the season was tied up in the arc; I preferred the somewhat more subtle buildup of seasons past. Also, Torchwood needed to be about 2/3rds as long as it was.

They just needed to not bother with Torchwood. I really didn't like Miracle Day, as it didn't seem the slightest bit like it belonged in the Whoniverse and there was barely a single alien, and the one there was had no significance on the plot. [/forcingmyopinionsonothers]

LzcD9OS.png

I just started watching this show recently, and I LOVE it. The 1st episode I watched was "The God Complex" and I was hooked after watching that. I ended up watching all the ones in Series 6 Part 2 after that, "Let's Kill Hitler", "Night Terrors", "The Girl Who Waited", "Closing Time" and "The Wedding of River Song". I absolutely loved each of those episodes. I liked them so much that I went out and bought Series 5 without seeing any of those episodes, which is something I never do. I just watched "The Eleventh Hour" last night, and it was definitly one of my favorites.Now I'm just waiting for The Complete Series 6 to come out so I can buy that and see the episodes I missed.Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

It's epic! Seriously, my friend is like a Fem!Doctor and I'm the DoctorDonna because all the other names were taken. And when she gets married, she wants to use a bow tie to take her vows with. TMI. Anyway, I really like it, especially the creepy episodes, and JC (James Corden/Craig). My favourite episode was the one with the dolls and the hotel one. Purely because the were so suspenseful.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Series 6 was awesome. The Wedding of River Song was very interesting, and I liked the part where the show overlapped with The Impossible Astronaut for the moment. Partly because we finally get to hear the dialogue that went on, and partly because of the comedic joke that shortly followed. =PThe ending was kinda interesting; people could say it was anti climatic, but did anyone not expect that ending, after something was shown earlier in the episode?Can't wait for the next series, though. Any word on the Christmas Special yet, or is it still too early for any hints to that?

I'm still cheering for the fact that the TARDIS's sentience is finally confirmed after literally decades of fan speculation.

And that, kids, is how Neil Gaiman lives up to years of expectation form a fandom. Probably the best episode of S6.

I thought Let's Kill Hitler was a waste of a great setting. -Heat

Let's Kill Hitler annoyed me, as everything I saw advertised this as the day the Doctor meets Hitler, it was in the Radio Times, constantly being mentioned in interviews, and in general he was being set up like the villain, but he appeared for about three minutes, got shoved in a cupboard (Which I hoped he'd come out of again in Night Terrors) and was swiftly forgotten about. Even the method of meeting him was so forced it was painful. Surely if Melody was being subconsciously forced into killing the Doctor, she would have just shot him there and then when she first meets him. Or better yet, hit him with the car she was SPEEDING THROUGH A FIELD IN, IN THE FIRST PLACE.

LzcD9OS.png

TWA: Actually, if you pay attention to the stuff being said and shown; she was trying to do that. =P "Accidental" firing in the TARDIS? Nearly running everyone over with the car? =PBut yeah, it was kinda disappointing that the title person appeared for all of two minutes, and half was to introduce the Teselecta(SP?).

What Rav said. =P Plus, well, the sequence showed how she'd grown up, and the fact that she was near her two best friends(And well, uh, you know.)... Maybe a combination of the two, or she just wanted Hitler to watch. :rolleyes:I'd go with Mental, however. =P That and the fact that she tried (and failed) to kill him like 5 times right after that, so... =P

Yeah, River seems to fall in love with the Doctor incredibly fast. I mean, thinking of her timeline, she'd spent maybe an hour of time with him (for most of which she wanted to kill him) before she wound up in that astronaut suit, at which point she apparently loved him enough to actually break reality. Pretty much the only way this works is if you recall that the Doctor spent some time adventuring with her in the 200 years between "The God Complex" and "Closing Time" and assume that was during River's time at Luna University for her. I do wonder if they're done with River or not.

I know they've confirmed Amy and Rory will reappear to some degree, but apparently River depends on Alex Kingston's schedule. If they do bring her back, it would probably have to be akin to her series 5 appearances, since if they tried to cram in any more timey-wimeyness to her storyline it would probably explode.

Edited by GSR

If getting from no qualifications to a doctorate takes a similar amount of time in the future, then she had about 10 to have adventures with him. The Doctor managed to pretty much fall in love with her in about two years, only seeing her 4 or 5 times. There's no reason we should believe that River spent ten years actively looking for him and never once found him. They probably had quite a few adventures together between LKH and TWoRS. As for the 'Mels didn't kill him straight away!' thing, she did actually explain that in the episode. The quote is "We'd only just met! I'm a psychopath - I'm not rude!"

Edited by +ravrahn