Doctor Who. Official!

"Abroad" being America. There's more American viewers now, so people are more likely to let them film there or whatever.

Well, they did film "Planet of the Dead" in Dubai, and the Old West episode of series 7 in Spain. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The trailer's up in proper quality now. Can't wait.Also, according to some sites they're planning to air series 7 continuously; that is, from fall through Christmas and into spring without a break.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Saw the trailer. Looks nice.Though I feel worried about the departure of the Ponds. I know this is Moffet, the writer of the oh-so-joyful stories as The Girl in the Fireplace, Silence in the Library, and Blink, we're talking about, but I hope he'll go easy on the "tragedy" that pushes Amy and Rory from not wanting or being able to hop into the TARDIS anymore. After all the ###### they've been through, can't they at least just settle down happily? I'd at least settle on leaving the Doctor on unhappy terms.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I'll be quite happy to see the back of Amy and Rory (not because I necessarily dislike them, I just want to see Eleven whizzing around with someone else for a change). I do kind of wish they'd been left alone after The God Complex. I was perfectly happy with that send off, and it came completely out of the blue. It would also have been nice to see a companion settle down to a nice, happy life rather than being forced off the TARDIS due to something horrific for once. Guess that's not happening. Oh well.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I'll be quite happy to see the back of Amy and Rory (not because I necessarily dislike them, I just want to see Eleven whizzing around with someone else for a change). I do kind of wish they'd been left alone after The God Complex. I was perfectly happy with that send off, and it came completely out of the blue. It would also have been nice to see a companion settle down to a nice, happy life rather than being forced off the TARDIS due to something horrific for once. Guess that's not happening. Oh well.

Yeah, the last time anyone got off the TARDIS (presumably) for good with still having a happy life had to be... Grace from the TV movie, I think?Before that, I think maybe Nyssa, Tegan or Turgrouth (one of those companions the Fifth Doctor had) managed to get away pretty well.

Well, Martha didn't get horribly traumatized... she left because she didn't want to deal with unrequited love and joined UNIT.So she didn't get a normal life, but she got better than Rose or Donna.I'm going to assume for now that Amy and Rory leaving has something to do with the Weeping Angels.Anyhow, I've got a bad feeling about Series 7. "I Am The Doctor" is playing in the background still (I am sick of that music), and it looks like it's going to be more of the same. Weird, crazy planets, shenanigans with history, Steven Moffat hates the Daleks...(Seriously, there's like three good Dalek episodes in the new series: "Dalek", "Doomsday", and "The Stolen Earth/Parting of the Ways", also, I hate River Song because she's so Canon Sueish as to scare a Dalek. Daleks do not beg for mercy.)Also, Rory and Amy couldn't leave safely because Moffat is evil and likes toying with your emotions.Also, yes, I prefer RTD to Moffat, why do you ask? (NuWho Doctor Ranking: 10>9>11, haven't seen enough of classic Who to judge much, but I liked 4 and 5 the most)Also, Season 6 judgement:Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon - The Silence are among my favorite villains, River Song is annoyingly skilledCurse of the Black Spot - I totally don't remember this episode much. Ironically enough.The Doctor's Wife - I didn't consider it to be awesome, oddly enough.The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People - Also unmemorable.A Good Man Goes To War - Good, a bit over the top, saw the plot twist a mile away.Let's Kill Hitler - Crazy Awesome if nothing else.Night Terrors - Least creepy horror episode of Doctor Who.The Girl Who Waited - Also unmemorable.The God Complex - Easily the strongest 1-part episode of the season.Closing Time - I hate this episode so much. Its treatment of homosexuality seems trendy more than progressive, and it's the same gosh-darned plot as Craig's last appearance. Furthermore, the Mondasians still look the same as the Cybusmen.The Wedding of River Song - I was pleasantly surprised that the Question was not "will you marry me?" or something like that. Also, this episode is almost worse than Closing Time. I still hate River, and this episode contradicts prior continuity to a horrible degree(see: The Waters of Mars) regarding fixed points and... no, just no.The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe: I do not like this episode, not one bit. "Humany-wumany"? No. Also, sexism. Best part was the reference to "Caves of Androzani".

Well, Martha didn't get horribly traumatized... she left because she didn't want to deal with unrequited love and joined UNIT.

And her family was still tramuatized from a year of torture in the hands of the Master. Also the fact that she dropped studying to be a medical doctor to become a fighter (UNIT, then going "freelance" in adventures with her new spouse Mickey), but that might have a bit more to do with the idea Davros was speaking of in The Stolen Earth about how the people the Doctor met usually ended up fighting and dying for him.On another note, it does seem Moffat is really polaizing people about the current state of the show. I'll admit he does seem to like reusing musical themes a little too much (though doesn't Murray Gold have some say about that?), but I'm pretty neutral with the way he's been handling the scale of events in his runs. If I had to say anything, it's like he's bringing back alot of the feel of the classic series back, and that doesn't necessarily just mean the good stuff.

I don't mind I Am The Doctor. I find it quite epic and the Doctor needs and action tune to run around with. Granted, this can change, but it has to be distinguished. Tennant's action tune was the fantastic All the Strange, Strange Creatures, and that didn't come around until Series 3 (and it stuck with him). I can't remember a prominent theme for Series 1 or 2.While the Series 6 soundtrack does have some repeats, I think it is different enough to warrant my listening to regularly. I trust Gold's direction to do well as he has in the past.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I Am The Doctor shows up a little too often for my tastes (and I'm usually a fan of motifs), but it's still a very strong piece, so it's hardly a big deal. I do wish a few cues had made it onto the S6 soundtrack though (particularly the music from the Doctor's funeral in TIA and the 'chase' music from TIA/DoTM).

One interesting thing.What do you suppose the Doctor saw in his room in The God Complex? My money's on either himself (no-one does self-loathing quite like a Time Lord) or a line-up of everyone he's ever failed to save.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What do you suppose the Doctor saw in his room in The God Complex? My money's on either himself (no-one does self-loathing quite like a Time Lord) or a line-up of everyone he's ever failed to save.

I really like that second idea.I'd say that if he saw himself, it would have to be one of his evil incarnations (The Valeyard or Time Lord Victorious)

I don't think Moffat has really lived up to my expectations following The Empty Child and Blink. But he delivers if you watch Sherlock and pretend it's Doctor Who.

My problem with Sherlock is that there seem to be a few trendy things nowadays, which are annoyingly common in both Doctor Who and Sherlock:* Violently crazy Evil Counterparts (Moriarty, The Master) ("...I will find you and I will skin you", "Ooh, decimate! That's a nice word!")* Death-seekers (Moriarty, Ten, Cap'n Jack, etc.)* Hero is mean (EDIT: Huh, censor is stronger than I expected)* Overdoing non-standard sexualities (Bisexual and Single-Target especially)* Self Loathing ("No, give me someone I like!")So pretending it's Doctor Who is exactly my problem with it. Edited by Kojol

One interesting thing.What do you suppose the Doctor saw in his room in The God Complex? My money's on either himself (no-one does self-loathing quite like a Time Lord) or a line-up of everyone he's ever failed to save.

When he looks into the room, you can hear the distinctive sound of the TARDIS's cloister bell, which only goes off when something really bad is happening.Personally I think that he could see himself standing at the TARDIS console, refusing to act on an emergency. The idea that he might one day wilfully stop helping people is probably terrifying to him. Edited by Kumata

* Overdoing non-standard sexualities (Bisexual and Single-Target especially)

Single-target? Whaaat? I don't have any idea what you mean by 'overdoing' either. It's more just mentioning and presenting as okay, because it is, and most people in the UK are fine with it, except for the few who are a tad backwards with it all.
Single-target is totally a legitimate sexuality, when you're only attracted to one person.I should know.Listen, there's a fine line between "it's socially acceptable" and "overdoing it because it's trendy now".My best friend, who is bisexual, finds this trend annoying as well.

* Violently crazy Evil Counterparts (Moriarty, The Master) ("...I will find you and I will skin you", "Ooh, decimate! That's a nice word!")

I think the decimate thing was more just a joke about how people misuse it.
The Master is still violently crazy. "You're insane!" *thumbs up*, etc.

* Death-seekers (Moriarty, Ten, Cap'n Jack, etc.)

I'd not really say any of their key features is 'death-seeking'. Except Jack, because the whole point is he can't die so that's fair enough.
* Nine isn't happy about surviving the time war* Ten lets himself die in Turn Left (drowning is not a fast death, he would have had time to regenerate)* Moriarty rants about how he soon will have no reason to live (Staying alive. So boring, isn't it?)* Moriarty and the Master both kill themselves in order to "triumph" over the heroand so on

Of course the Master is violently crazy. He has several legitimate reasons to be violently crazy. What, do you expect lunatics to be sane?-Nine's problem isn't that he survived the time war - it's that he survived the time war alone.-Drowning isn't the only thing that happened there. Large amounts of water rushing in tend to exert a lot of physical force, which would lead to someone in that situation being slammed against a thing or five.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Of course the Master is violently crazy. He has several legitimate reasons to be violently crazy. What, do you expect lunatics to be sane?-Nine's problem isn't that he survived the time war - it's that he survived the time war alone.-Drowning isn't the only thing that happened there. Large amounts of water rushing in tend to exert a lot of physical force, which would lead to someone in that situation being slammed against a thing or five.

Even then, Seven to Eight had the Doctor being already properly dead before regenerating. Regeneration also works against death rays (see: Handy's creation), so the Doctor almost surely chose not to regenerate. Remember, he had a Heroic BSOD in Runaway Bride - he wouldn't have tried to escape without Donna to snap him out of it. That's the episode's premise.

But the point of it wasn't that he was trying to get himself killed, he was just really, really focused on killing the Racnoss.Also, what happened in the movie that featured the Eighth Doctor is really not solid material for referencing. Considering that material from the movie has already been retconned, other material from the movie must be considered less reliable than the rest of the show's canon.Death rays are basically guns with less dakka-dakka and more pew-pew.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

To add to the above point, remember if you're killed whilst regenerating then you're dead permanently. My guess is that is what happened in Turn Left, since the body still looked like Tennant.

Edited by Kumata

Personally, hearing the TARDIS sound and the Doctor saying "the others", I thought it could be the other Time Lords, or all his previous incarnations since the room had the number 11.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

:kaukau: First, I would definitely have to say that season 6 is my favorite so far. I love that it has a clear plot throughout that gives it a strong feel. Series 1-4 were generally just a bunch of different adventures of the week that would occasionally drop Checkhov's guns like the notoriously pointless Bad Wolf. Although I liked that it did clearly show that they had a general plan of where things were going, it still wasn't enough to bind each season together into a distinct overarching story. With Seven Moffat as producer, I definitely like that the series has taken the direction of longer plots and has had more fun with time-travel plots.The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon: An excellent beginning to a season. I loved that it took place in America and I loved the way they didn't just make Richard Nixon a bad guy, which gets rather tiring after a while. Yet, the episodes make me want to cry because I had the idea for something like the Silence before, but now if I ever use it people will think that I'm referencing Doctor Who. Overall, I like the way that the Silence was handled, although I wish I knew where they came from and how they ruled the planet.Curse of the Black Spot: Well, it was an interesting episode. My only wish is that Amy had kept the pirate outfit, since it was awesome and there was no reason to discard it. Why, Amy, why? Oh, and I liked the concept of the interdimensional spaceship, since interdimensional stuff always interests me.The Doctor's Wife: "You never take me where I want to go!" I really liked this episode and thought it was fun. The House could have been better explained, and I would love to see him brought up in another episode. The best part was the ending when the companions leave the Doctor with his sexy box, and I can feel the nerd romance building.The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People: I like the theme, but like the Silence, it was also a concept I pondered writing about, although in my case it was regarding Star Trek teleportation. Look up "Sheldon's Problem with Teleportation", as he describes it wonderfully. The Doctor was wonderful in this episode, and I think I generally would have acted the same as him, since I have already thought out the subject matter for myself. I also really liked the makeup used on the actors for when they were stuck n their simpler Flesh forms, which was really awesome. This could have made a decent horror episode, and I wouldn't mind if they played with the horror element in a later episode, seeing as they were willing to bring up the Flesh technology in later episodes. The one thing that really gets to me about this episode, though, is how annoyingly terrible everyone else was in grasping the concept, even though they had been exposed to it longer. That, plus I didn't understand why the copy of the leader had to be held back.Favorite part: "You're twice the man I thought you were."A Good Man Goes To War: I liked it, although I didn't feel like it was the Doctor's highest hour by any standards. Still, it was really cool to see him take the initiative for once rather than just stumble across a problem in some corner of the universe and fix it. However, considering that this was supposed to be such a big event, I wanted something a bit grander, but ultimately it was a transition episode, though it perhaps did more than any other episode up to this point to tie together the plot of a season, and I liked it for that. The origin of River Song I saw coming, although seeing her turn out to be nothing more than flesh I did not. I guess I just expected something a bit more complicated than that.I especially liked the idea of a Battle of Zarathustra and would like to see that sometime in the future, hopefully to see the doctor as an actual combatant for once. And I'd like to see history generally save itself with him more being the hero of a smaller story, like saving a private named Ryan or something like that.I also like that they're trying to making a man out of Rory, and it's about time, considering that he's spent 2000 years of his life as a centurion. Although they're still failing. I mean, come on, 2000 years as a centurion!Let's Kill Hitler: I wondered where the title came from, but then it was said out loud in-story right before the title sequence. Overall, I was annoyed with Mel, but then it turned out she was Melody Pond. I really should have seen that one coming, but ah well. Seeing her try and kill the doctor was great, although I wondered how the people of the Gamma Forest brainwashed her. As an episode that was purely part of the ongoing season plot, though, it was fairly simple when all said and done.The only thing that annoyed me about the episode was the person who portrayed Hitler. I know he's a pretty bad guy and you don't want to give him too much respect as a character, but I figured that with how well their casting choices for Churchill and especially Richard Nixon turned out, they might have chosen someone who actually somewhat gave off the Hitler persona.Night Terrors: I didn't necessarily see it as a horror episode, but more of a nice flash from the past. The best part, really, was when he said that he "hadn't done this in a while...take a house call." It was nice to see the Doctor in his same come through. I guess the biggest contribution the episode gave to the season, though, was the creepy children's music in the background. I seriously wonder if little girls actually sing songs like that. In disturbing voices that have no soul. Not that I'm genuinely creeped out by it, but it would definitely be offsetting if I heard actual girls singing like that.The Girl Who Waited: Ah, here we go, an episode that explores the ethics of time travel! Always a pleasure to watch. And I also liked the interdimensional timey-wimy stuff as well. And that Amy made a sonic screwdriver probe. And it was nice to see her lose faith in the doctor, which is interesting, considering the next episode...The God Complex: I love how this is so obviously a bottle episode and yet they still have room for cool effects. Actually, the only real special effects were near the end of the episode when the maze shuts down, otherwise there was just the minotaur and the brier moment where they reuse a few Weeping Angels statues, which I'm betting hardly cost them any money.I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, I liked the way the Doctor saved the day, although it seemed convenient that the minotaur died so fast. I also don't truly believe that Amy lost faith in him. Yet it was also cool the way the Doctor spoke of age, "so old Death is an escape...and no, I was not talking about myself". Yet overall, I can't help but wonder if there was another way of escaping the ship and defeating the monster, but ultimately the day was saved by having no faith. I wonder what kind of message that sends. And could they have had faith in anything that the minotaur couldn't take away from them? What if they had faith in faith itself? How would that have worked. Ah well, I guess it makes you think. And ultimately it was worth the confession by the Doctor at the end, since all too well I can imagine those words coming out of my mouth.I was also a little peeved that they had to reveal that Rory was nonreligious and didn't have faith in anything. I would have preferred it if the show hadn't have gone there. Just saying.A great topic that this episode actually brings to light, of course, is what the Doctor's greatest fear is. I was guessing it was himself, although I could easily be wrong. It definitely has to do with himself or his companions, though. Amy's, I'm guessing, was Silence, and since neither she nor the minotaur could remember what they looked like, the simulation couldn't show anything, and thus she saw "nothing" in her room.Closing Time: Dad become Superdad. I wish I had one of those. But no, I don't have a lovable guy at the head of my household. That baby definitely has a not-mother to be proud of.I like it how the Doctor can occassionally get along with everyone and not be Mary Sue about it. Of course, I think it was in part due to the narrative of his stories with Craig, in which Craig is sort of the main character and the Doctor is more of the Mad Hatter who comes into his life and suddenly gets all the attention.This is making me wonder now what the origins of the Cybermen were in the original series, since in Season 2 of the revival they've been played as creatures from an alternate universe.Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Amy was a model, considering that when we first met her as an adult she was a kisser.The Wedding of River Song: First off, I liked that he wore the Stetson for a while. He looked so much like me that it wasn't even funny. No, I take it back, it was funny, just in such an awesome way that I didn't laugh. I put on a stetson and a bowtie just for this episode.Seeing him taking some to avoid the problem of his death was nice, too, since often enough I had wondered why he never did that before. Good. Very good. And I also like how he revisited the characters from When A Good Man Goes to War.Then, of course, there were all the things that happened while all of time happened at once. It was strange, however, the way it all worked out and it didn't quite make sense. Of course, I was aware the entire time that it was completely soft sci-fi, though, and whatever floated their boat for the story was good enough. I've heard elsewhere that it contradicts previous episodes regarding fixed points in time, but I shrug that off because from what I understand the Doctor Who franchise is pretty inconsistent with those things, and already throughout the revival they've treated time-travel multiple different ways that all contradict each other. So long as they stay consistent within one season, I'm fine. Or if they stay consistent between the incarnations of the doctors, I'm also fine.His solution to the problem took me a little off guard. It's actually what I would have done, only I didn't expect the writers to go for it. Knowing them, they would have done something more timey-wimy or they would have had him reboot the universe or something like that.I should have seen the Question coming. My initial thought, when it was first mentioned, was "Why?", although that seemed too simple, and obviously it's been asked billions of times. I gave it little further thought, though, since I was essentially watching all of the episodes straight through. If I had watched the episodes as they were coming out, though, and had given myself the several weeks necessary to ponder the thought, I most certain would have guessed it. Especially with the Doctor being so closely associated with question marks in the past and having once signed his name with one.Overall, I like how this episode for once had almost nothing to do with the Daleks except for the one cameo appearance necessary in order to fulfill contract obligations. They could only pull off the whole "The Doctor's greatest enemy(s) survived...again!" pitch so many times. Which is why I love this new Steven Moffat format that has climaxes that have more to do with time travel.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Hi, TK! Looks like you have lots to say about Series 6. Enjoy it?...As for God Complex, I think The Doctor saw himself. He knows what he can become, he knows his power, his limits, and he's seen himself cross that line (especially in that episode). The only thing making me doubt myself is the cloister bell ringing. Hmm...-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I believe his biggest fear is the Time Lord Victorious. I hope that topic is brought back at some point, it's very interesting.

I hope the topic isn't readdressed, because I like the open-endedness of it. There have been tons of discussion on it, most of them reasonable theories, and the Doctor is so wide-spread and timeless I don't think it would be wholly-satisfying to get an exact answer.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I Am The Doctor shows up a little too often for my tastes (and I'm usually a fan of motifs), but it's still a very strong piece, so it's hardly a big deal. I do wish a few cues had made it onto the S6 soundtrack though (particularly the music from the Doctor's funeral in TIA and the 'chase' music from TIA/DoTM).

The music from his funeral is featured in the track 'Melody Pond'. The chase music wasn't on the soundtrack, but I agree that it should be, along with the music from the beginning of The Rebel Flesh (you know, the part where they're being thrown about in space because of the Solar Wave).

I'm putting this in spoiler tags because it deals with the next series and can spoil something that happens.Moffat says that Daleks are going to be in Episode 1, and not just the old ones.There was a promotional image that showed Matt and Karen posing with a dusty '60s Dalek prop.... We'll see what that implies, won't we?

Edited by BZCoolness

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I'm putting this in spoiler tags because it deals with the next series and can spoil something that happens.Moffat says that Daleks are going to be in Episode 1, and not just the old ones.There was a promotional image that showed Matt and Karen posing with a dusty '60s Dalek prop.... We'll see what that implies, won't we?

The Site with forums removed. -B6 caption says "Matt Smith and Karen Gillian with their favourite style of Dalek", but given its all dusty and cobwebby its obviously more than something they've wheeled out for a photo shoot. Unless the BBC cupboards haven't been cleaned for years :P

Edited by Black Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm looking forward to the new season rather more than I should be, considering that I probably won't see any part of it until next fall.On to other matters, I giggled rather more than I should have when the new Ian Anderson album name-dropped Canary Wharf. I'm aware that the Canary Wharf business district is an actual place in London, but still.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Hi, TK! Looks like you have lots to say about Series 6. Enjoy it?

:kaukau: In case I was being too subtle...No. :PAnyway, I really, really like the general turn of the series thus far. A couple of years ago some relatives came up to me and said "Oh my, the 11th Doctor came out and he looks just like you!" I hate being compared to celebrities, but they told me that he also had the same manerisms. So I gave the series a look, and I find that they're basically right. He has my favorite hair style (which unfortunately I don't have right now because I cut it short for track season). He has my face. He talks like me and acts like me. He gets distracted in the same ways I do. He clings onto bowties in the same cool way that I do (because of, you know, how cool they are). Even some of the deeper aspects of his personality, such as his self-confidence mixed with his self-loathing, constantly remind me of myself.The only thing he's lacking are my eyes, but otherwise he instantly clicked with me in such a way that there could never possibly be a better Doctor. For me, at least, since because of all the similarities I share with him he feels more real than any of the others. It's like watching a Ganger finish my sentence and commenting that "it sounds so cool when I say it". I've never quite had it where I've so completely walked in a character's shoes until this guy came along.The only problem is, the character named Monosmith in my own personal writings, once he finds happiness and learns to smile, is so similar to this guy that he would come off as a ripoff. Even his differences look like homages to the Doctor. Curse you again, writers of Doctor Who, for thinking too much like me.But actually, I like the new Doctor for many other reasons than just the Doctor himself. He has the best sonic screwdriver, kind of reminding me of a lightsaber. He definitely has the best Tardis. The old one was a little unomaginative and cheesy while this one is enchanting in that storytale way. It's so inviting, plus you get to see the hallways. I also like Amy the most of his companions, since her personal story is the most interesting and, again, like a fairytale. The way the Doctor has been an imaginary friend who profoundly influenced her life is touching, and it defines her relationship with him in a way that he's more than just the charismatic Time-Traveler who swept her off her feet. He was that, too, but thank heavens they only pressed the romance angle briefly. Otherwise, it explored a new aspect to the relationship, one that I found myself relating to much more, that being the relationship between myself and the child within me, and between the child within me and my fantasy friends.Of course, it doesn't hurt that Karen Gillan is by far the most attractive costar. Man, that realy stands out. I guess it's a good thing that it was clearly established that she was getting married, otherwise it would have been too conspicuous. For that matter, I really like Rory (though what kind of name that is I don't know), and it was cool to see him man up after a while. Although he hasn't completely got there, as I mentioned in my review of When A Good Man Goes To War.Yet when it comes down to it, the heart of the new show is still definitely the 11th Doctor. I feel like the role suddenly grew up, and he adds more personality than ever before that gets me to think "this really is the Doctor".-Regarding what others said who had the opposite opinion on season 6 as me, I'd just like to say that I don't take the show too seriously. I always assumed discontinuities to be a fact of life when it came to long-running series, and considering that Doctor Who is by every definition soft sci-fi that centers around time travel, it's pretty much in my mindset. I've reached the point where I just take it for what it is, which is fun. Yes, I think that's the appropriate word. I'd classify it as the type of show that makes like a fairytale and runs with fantastic sci-fi concepts that are entertaining to watch and play them with just enough of a straight face to keep the energy going.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh