• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1475 replies to this topic

#441 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 07:54 PM

:kaukau: Lol, I was thinking the same thing, actually. It would be funny if it actually was.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#442 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 08:06 PM

Obviously, the Silence are afraid of the universe being destroyed and replaced with something infinitely stranger. :P

#443 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:00 AM

Be a bit of a convoluted question to phrase, I think."What is the question - not a question, mind, the question - that corresponds to the Answer - again, not an answer, The ANSWER - that is Forty-Two?"Of course, if the Doctor knew the answer to that question (or, more succinctly, the Question to that Answer) the universal destruction/replacement would occur based on his knowledge alone.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#444 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:55 AM

:kaukau: Yout know, Beardy, I think I liked you better when you had an avatar that I could take seriously. Like the Silence. Silence was cool.Anyway, I hope they bring back Jenny sometime. Preferrably while Matt Smith is the Doctor. And someday I would like to see Susie brought back, even though all the Time Lords suposedly died. It would still amount to a "moment of awesome", as they're called.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#445 Offline -Toa Lhikevikk-

-Toa Lhikevikk-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,513 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:23 AM

I really like Rory (though what kind of name that is I don't know)

A Welsh one. It means "red".

Posted Image

#446 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,668 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wait, you never heard the name Rory before? Really?

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#447 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:53 PM

:kaukau: No, I haven't. Does that make me one of those hermits whose lived under a rock or something? It's honeslty the first and only time I've ever heard the name.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#448 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,668 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 01:08 PM

There's no reason you should know the name, but its not like its an uncommon one :notsure:Just weird is all

Edited by Armageddon Out Of Here, Apr 10 2012 - 01:09 PM.

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#449 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,836 posts

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 01:23 PM

I think Rory's only a common name in the UK. I'm not surprised to hear someone from the States is unfamiliar with it.

#450 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 02:30 PM

I don't know, I was pretty familiar with the name before I saw it as a name on Doctor Who. There have been American actors and such with that name.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

#451 Offline BZCoolness

BZCoolness
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 09:24 AM

They're filming in New York City right now. If anyone on here reading this is nearby, head to Central Park ASAP.Meanwhile, I'm trying to work through friends to get Matt Smith's autograph. If I happen to get it, I will inform you all.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

#452 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 10:21 PM

:kaukau: That makes me really wish that I was touring in New York. Awww.Anyway, I've been thinking about the weeping angels. They've changed their killing method to be more violent, which I don't like. I preferred it when their killing method was surreal. Then I thought about the minotaur from The God Complex, and I realized that it would have been rather interesting if the angels had a similar killing method. Like if they touch you, you become extremely happy and die of happiness. It's killing people nicely, but it's still scary when you see it coming.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#453 Offline BZCoolness

BZCoolness
  • Members

• 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 10:35 PM

The Weeping Angels have only appeared in Blink, The Time of Angels, and Flesh and Stone. In the last two, they snapped the necks of the victims because they weren't strong enough to send a lot of people back in time. I really hope that the next Weeping Angels episode
Spoiler
they bring back the "send back in time" idea, but expound on it more.
Spoiler

#454 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 10:46 PM

:kaukau: Ah, okay. I thought that they decided to change their method of killing for the sake of making them a bit more savage. A cousin of mind remarked that if you thought about it, they really weren't that scary because all they did was make some time-travel hocus-pocus, and he had me thinking that they had retconned the idea. Anyway, in the latter two episodes, I thought that they had gained full strength again once they entered into the spaceship and fed off of its energies. The ones in Blink were supposedly scavengers in comparison. I'd like to get a better idea of when they kill you nicely and when they break your neck.The Statue of Liberty, a weeping angel in disguise? Interesting thought...Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#455 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,795 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 11:11 PM

If that Statue of Liberty isn't a Weeping Angel (a theory almost a year old), I'm going to be quite disappointed.Maybe.It's made of metal after all.But still.-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#456 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 1,042 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm sure some day down the line, the BBC will decide they just have to film in Wisconsin to really capture that Doctor Who feel.Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. Definitely.(fffffffffff)

#457 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:14 PM

The idea of the Statue of Liberty being a Weeping Angel seems silly to me. It's metal, it's huge, and it doesn't even look like one.Besides, think of how ridiculous it would look.

#458 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,795 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:34 PM

But think of how scary that thought is!!!!-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#459 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 04:42 PM

The idea of the Statue of Liberty being a Weeping Angel seems silly to me. It's metal, it's huge, and it doesn't even look like one.Besides, think of how ridiculous it would look.

It'd just look how it looks now.The statue as a Weeping Angel is a totally Doctor Who-y thing for them to do. It'd be ace.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#460 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 06:50 PM

Eh, I just don't see it happening. Besides, Weeping Angels aren't partly hollow, and don't hold books or torches.

#461 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 08:32 PM

And before The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, they didn't break necks or speak or move on screen or call themselves Bob.It might be like a Weeping Angel mothership instead, with similar characteristics as an Angel but it's a ship.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#462 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 10:01 PM

Ehh, I'm just not seeing it working. Or it being the sort of thing the writers would do.Besides, Weeping Angels aren't built by the French.

#463 Offline BZCoolness

BZCoolness
  • Members

• 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 11:05 PM

How do you know it was made by the French, eh? Perhaps it showed up on their doorstep one day and they assumed a local sculptor had made it....Apparently, a friend of mine reported they're doing casting calls in Los Angeles. Not sure if this is true or not... anyone out there that can confirm or deny this?

#464 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 07:59 AM

Ehh, I'm just not seeing it working. Or it being the sort of thing the writers would do.Besides, Weeping Angels aren't built by the French.

It seems exactly, 100% what the writers would do. It's the exact kind of thing DW does. It's big and goofy and silly. Doctor Who is built on silliness. For example, the man-eating chair.It's also a really cool thing to do. I'd be surprised if they didn't do it.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#465 Offline Grey Snow

Grey Snow
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,209 posts

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm sure some day down the line, the BBC will decide they just have to film in Wisconsin to really capture that Doctor Who feel.Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. Definitely.(fffffffffff)

I'm with you on that one.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

#466 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 09:15 AM

:kaukau: Doctor Who likes to take historical events and put a sci-fi twist on them. I've lost track of the number of times an alien race has fled to Earth after their home planet was destroyed and it turned out that they were the primary reason for some historical event that totally didn't need them to be explained, such as those rock people being the reason for Pompeii's erruption, or the Silence being extra motivation for landing on the moon. Or Carrion Knights being the reason why Shakespeare lost a play.Besides, any question of historical documentations that would suggest it was made by humans could be handwaved with a mega perception filter.And Tilius is right, it's totally something they would do, for reasons already stated. If you just apply the MST3K Mantra in the right places.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#467 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 01:57 PM

Carrionites, one word.I suppose it's possible that they would do that, but, to me, doing that would be a case of the silliness overriding everything else.Besides, Dalek ships don't look like Daleks. Why should ships used by Weeping Angels (if they even have ships - they never seemed, to me, like the sort that would actually build their own) have to look like them?

#468 Offline Ibdidbobblybomus

Ibdidbobblybomus
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 02:08 PM

Well IMO Writers can pull off anything really.*Cough* Daleks. *Cough* Cybermen*cough* FLIPPING SCARECROWS To my point, the writers can do anything, adn the Statue of Liberty being a weeping angel isn't at the top of their crazy list. They made flipping dolls *couhg* Mermaid scary, in my next post I will think of a DWy way to explain it all. Or completely shatter while doing so. Just define all those villians for me in reality.*cough* Cyborg*cough* shadows*cough* FLIPPING DOLLS

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low 

For the ice warrior 

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro 

#469 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:00 PM

I suppose it's possible that they would do that, but, to me, doing that would be a case of the silliness overriding everything else.Besides, Dalek ships don't look like Daleks. Why should ships used by Weeping Angels (if they even have ships - they never seemed, to me, like the sort that would actually build their own) have to look like them?

Well, it's probably not a ship, it's probably just a big Weeping Angel because that's much cooler.And it's not as silly as half of the stuff they've done in the past two series. Infact, the past six series and specials.I can think of sillier things. Talking paving slabs. Master flying around with his electricity hands. The Doctor/Amy/Rory/River surviving the end of the universe at the end of S5 for no solid reason other than 'eye of the storm'. Hitler and the cupboard. Singing to save the day in A Christmas Carol. Slitheen. Fear Her. Sucking faces off in The cool dude's Lantern. Oh, and towing the flippin' Earth.Compared to all that, the Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel is perfectly sensible.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#470 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,554 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:13 PM

You forgot "merging timestreams together by doing the Macarena".

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#471 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,795 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 18 2012 - 07:05 PM

Do you think doctors were confused at how young, orphan Melody, after regeneration, had two heartbeats whenever she had to go in for check ups?-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#472 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,554 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2012 - 07:22 PM

She may not have had two hearts. She's a human-timelord hybrid, after all.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#473 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2012 - 08:13 PM

:kaukau: Or maybe she neve went in for checkups. She was a trouble-make, after all.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#474 Offline Ibdidbobblybomus

Ibdidbobblybomus
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 01:56 PM

Anyway. to explain a way writers could make this work could be...The Weeping Angels use humans to get a giant statue (Like they did for Bob) and anyone foolish enough to stand up and find out the truth... Snapped necks.The Statue of Liberty is built. The Weeping angels retreat in a secret way... yet to be revealed.When the Doctor takes Rory and Amy to a hyperdrive station in sector 34 when a transmission comes from Yalek 7. An oil explosion on a planet core - train sent the entire northern hemisphere exploding into chunks. The debris is heading their way. Going into the Tardis, the eye-patch lady confronts them with bodyguards and a pistol. The trio are forced to be taken prisoner, not before Amy lashes out at her, so then Amy is put to sleep when Rory tries to attack and the Doctor runs away to the Tardis to do a daring stunt. The eye-patch lady and her bodyguards escape through the Hyperdrive before the Doctor can do anything. Matirealising where Amy and Rory are, the Doctor hacks into the controls of the Hyper Drive, finding the last and most used point. The Statue of Liberty. TO BE CONTINUED

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low 

For the ice warrior 

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro 

#475 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,668 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thats more fan-fiction than anything

#476 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 02:37 PM

That seems a bit specific to be what they actually put.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#477 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yeeeeah, I'm going with what TPtI said. Somehow I doubt Kovarian and the Silence will play as much of a role in this season as they did in the last one.

#478 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 05:37 PM

:kaukau: I doubt it, too, given that even though Mofat's seasons have been fairly similar, there's been a certain amount of change between the two he's ben in charge of so far. They each had their own plot and recurring problems throughout the seasons, but they were different each time. This season wil have a different overall conflict as well with new characters to represent it. Eye-Patch Lady shouldn't turn up again because the Doctor has supposedly been killed.Speaking of which, I'm wondering how they could follow the Doctor around and know which points in time were fixed. Do they have time-travel too?Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

#479 Offline BZCoolness

BZCoolness
  • Members

• 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well, if they're trying to kill a time-traveler, all they do is just visit all the places he's been and get a good knowledge of how time works. If they look at an event a certain way, they can say "Oh, that's a fixed point. We can't go there." or "Perfect. A still-point in time. That'll do just nicely!" Plus, before the Doctor "died", it really wasn't too hard to find him; all you had to do was go to some random planet and strike up a conversation about him, then people reveal things.

#480 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 07:09 PM

:kaukau: It's just that it seems they appeared at multiple points in time, from litle Melody Pond appearing in late-sixties America where they presumably dropped her off to reappearing in the future to force River Song into the suite. Then they brought her to present-day Utah. They were all over the place.Plus, asking around might have brought up the Doctor, but at the same time you'll just find out about various diferent individual adventures and you wouldn't know for sure which adventure was where in his personal time-stream. Peole can only reveal so much.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image

Profiles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users