Doctor Who. Official!

It's definitely not official - they've been tight-lipped on the Christmas special and new companion. But Clara something has been getting bandied around for a while.Also, official airdate for episode 1: September 1st. My TARDIS is ready.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Gosh, I only watch the shows. I feel like such a bad Whovian. (I want a sonic screwdriver though.)Does anyone know what the delay is for PBS to air shows? I know for Sherlock is was about half a year. :closedeyes:

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I don't know if PBS maybe runs the eps a while after they've aired, but the American first-run of Doctor Who is on BBC America these days, the same day it's aired in Britain.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Also, official airdate for episode 1: September 1st. My TARDIS is ready.
That's it, I'm having a Dalek-based birthday cake cool.png
A bit behind me.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

"Good as gold you are Doctor."*torch bearer runs outside, gets struck by lightning and collapses, Tenth Doctor turns up and carries the torch*Yeah, it's about as canon as Death is the Only Answer, meaning it's only canon if you want it to be. Which I don't. I mean seriously, since when could that Doctor destroy an Angel with the Sonic Screwdriver.

Yeah, ones like that are definitely sketchy regarding validity of claims to canonicity. I mean, I get that he likes to blather on abut "no weapons," but if the Doctor could blow Angels apart with the Sonic Screwdriver, he'd do that immediately after trying to persuade them to bugger off.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well for someone of that age, it was well-written. It's just that it was objectively badly-written.The question is whether anyone will take up the task of being in charge of Doctor Who after Moffat. I mean, if they really do end it at 13, there wouldn't be anything to take up.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If it is September the first, then it's the day before my birthday ^_^
This coming weekend if you get BBC America. I suggest finding a relative who does if you don't. :P

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I don't know if PBS maybe runs the eps a while after they've aired, but the American first-run of Doctor Who is on BBC America these days, the same day it's aired in Britain.
whats FBS?anyway "looks" at pond life ep 1 the sontarons invade Ta-koro! and the doctor is Tahu!

IDK the PBS airdate for Sherlock, but both seasons are out on DVD and well-worth your money. Picture quality and able to watch over and over!-CF
No, Sherlock aired in May and I watched it. (And now I have to wait two years. T.T) What was the original British Airdate though? Then I can figure out when I can watch S7 of Doctor Who. (I don't have cable.)

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Yay, time to go back to summing up my thoughts on the episode. I missed doing this. BZPower was down for the majority of Series 6.

Oh boy, I'm so glad that they included all that Rory and Amy breaking up nonsense just to fix it by the end of the episode and remind me how very little I care for their relationship. I really don't like Amy. She's just such an annoying character.Overall I liked that episode. It was clever. The twist that Oswin was a Dalek in the end caught me off-guard and it was a pleasant sight to see the Doctor sympathising with a Dalek. And the ending with a chorus of title drops was fantastic.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Whoa, boy. What a heck-of-a-way to finish the episode.

The Doctor has doomed us all. The Daleks will find out the answer to the question and the universe will end.I felt there was really no point in divorcing Amy and Rory because they just go back together again at the end. Also, how did the drones time travel? Was it the Cult of Skaro kind of travel? On that note, how did Skaro come back at all after its destruction? Where did the parliament come from?On the positive side of things, I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode. I was expecting the trapped lady to be an infected person, but I didn't guess she would be an actual Dalek. Unlike XI. Marluxia, I enjoyed the chemistry between Rory and Amy in the episode.

Overall, in my opinion, I found the episode quite enjoyable. I didn't like it as much as Day of the Moon, but it did a great job at starting off the series.

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps

"Is it weird that I really really missed this?"

First of all, the episode was epic, no doubt about that. I always preferred the gold Daleks, so it's nice to see them around again (I suppose the Paradigm ones realised the old casings were cheaper to produce :P). I was kind of hoping the Dalek prime Minister would be Dalek Caan, but maybe not.

On that note, how did Skaro come back at all after its destruction? Where did the parliament come from?
Skaro has been around for a while now - it was in City of the Daleks. Someone on a site I can't mentioned explained it by saying the Paradigm Daleks summoned Dalek Caan before he went to the Time War, sent him back to the time of The Daleks (the story) where he created the Progenitor and shielded the planet from it's destruction by the Hand of Omega.Now, Jenna Louise-Coleman. She played Oswin in this episode, but every official source conveniently avoids saying whether Oswin is the new companion or not. So I reckon that either she will play a different role for the companion (there's been some leaked photos of her in old-timey clothes) or the Doctor will somehow save her from the events of this story, thereby restoring the Daleks memory of him.That brings me to the next thing. Silence will fall when The Question is answered. The Daleks have asked it, people all through the history of the series have asked it. But I suppose it will be asked more this series, ending with the fields of Tranzalore and the fall of the Eleventh and all that. I expect the wiping will be the cause of the question being asked later on.Also, since the Daleks don't remember who the Doctor is, it allows him to do some great stuff to stop them rather than just going 'no' and blowing up all their ships.

*stretches*Now, I'm off to some other forums :P

I liked most of the episode except the reason for why Amy and Rory were on the rocks. I mean, he waited by a box for about 2000 years, I don't think he cares that much whether they can have a proper child. And if he does want a Pond Jr, whats wrong with adopting?I just think it would have been better if he was getting fed up of all the weirdness (since thats what Pond Life seemed to be setting up) as its less sexist and makes Amy seem less...crazy for chucking him out

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Sexist because its suggesting the only thing Amy brings to the marriage is the ability to bear children and without that she's worthless. Normally I don't see it or ignore it when Moffat's accused of sexism but that just stuck out a bit to me. Two people can't get married because they just happen to love each other? They have to have children along the line?I know its said that Rory would have quite liked a child, but he clearly loves Amy too much to hold that over her. And its never expressed that Amy wants one too, so its unlikely she's projecting her own unhappiness. And if they do both want a baby, why not adopt? Overall it looks like its saying Amy must have a child if she's going to stay married to Rory (which is sexist) or that she still hasn't gotten over the insecurities of her childhood which means all that character growth she was supposed to have had over the two series has been ignored. Either way, its kinda bad writing

7AOYGDJ.jpg

but it's probably that Amy feels guilty for not being able to give Rory what he wants
Yeah, that would be the sexist part right there. Why should she feel guilty? Being able to have children is not the sole purpose for marrying her. Thats the message the episode puts across though, which makes it sexist. Its weird, its always what Amy says or does that draws flak for being sexist though this is one of the few times I'd agree. The male characters, who you'd expect it more from, seem to get away scot free

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Dude, I'm pretty sure that in the same situation IRL, the woman would probably feel bad for not being able to give the guy she loves what he wants. There's nothing sexist about writing that in at all - it's an understandable and believable response for her to have, and fits with Amy's character. It's a guy who always wanted kids (but not to the extent that he'd actually leave her over it) and a girl who can't give him what she knows he always wanted, so yes it's pretty understandable and true to real life that she'd feel guilty
And, again, why should they feel guilty? You appear to be arguing that the woman should give the man whatever he wants and should feel bad if she can't. Can you genuinely not see the sexism in that?
Also, you are joking in your last sentence, right? To go on about how bad sexism is, and then go 'men are usually more sexist anyway' doesn't add up.
You're misunderstanding it actually. I'm not saying men are more sexist, I'm saying complaints of sexism are more usually levelled against them. Take Space and Time, for example. I've seen people annoyed at how Amy claims the accident is her fault because she wore a short skirt, but not at Rory for actually taking advantage of that. I've always found that particular example a bit odd though since the skit almost goes out of its way to point the blame at Rory. Since it is his fault and all :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg