Doctor Who. Official!

D'you know, I've only just noticed the Cybermen have a new look! I know, I am rather slow.

Meanwhile.... I think I know what the Doctor's name is: Dr. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch! (only joking, it's got to be Who.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's "Who." That way when people say "look it's Doctor Who" or "I'm cosplaying Doctor Who," they would technically be right.

Plus in Hide when the guy asked "Doctor who?" the Doctor replied, "If you prefer."

-CF

I have a feeling it'll be William Hartnell or something. Hey, it would be a nice tribute for William. :3

Also, is it me or does the First Doctor look like the best grandad EVER?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

So what's this about John Hurt?

-Tyler

Something from a tabloid.

Honestly, I'm just ignoring any confirmations and denials of people appearing in the 50th anniversary special, considering how many rumors appear, and will squee when watching it for whoever does show up. (And yes, I'll be sad for whoever doesn't.)

Edit: I need to say something before The Name of the Doctor airs:

You know how we keep saying this is Clara's third incarnation? I continually fight the point that this could very well be her second, because wibbly wobbly timey wimey. Because Dalek!Clara (Oswin) is from the future. Also, Oswin would have been turned into a Dalek after meeting The Doctor, because she was down in the area of the Dalek Asylum where all those Daleks had encountered The Doctor.

That being said, we haven't seen The Doctor meet that Clara yet (the one who turned into a Dalek) unless that is this second generation of Clara. *cue dramatic music*

-CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I am both excited and worried about the episode in a few minutes. His name should not be touched. I really, REALLY hope it's going to be averted somehow. But we will learn something important. Perhaps a family secret, or something about the Time War. I don't know...but I do expect it to be interesting.

Well, I am glad to report that his name was NOT revealed. They did it so craftily just as I'd imagined!The plot was actually brilliant. I was upset when Jenny "died" and realised it. The dream-time-link thing was interesting, and I loved seeing all the doctors. Not to mention, getting to see the TARDIS in non-Blue-box form for the first time in the revived series! AWESOME!Additionally, that ending...;"Introducing John Hurt as THE DOCTOR". I am left with so many questions!'He's the one who broke the promise...' What does that mean! Aaah!Oh well, now we'll have to wait until November 23rd to find out...

So to conclude:This series overall has been a mixed bag, especially this half. I would have preferred some two-part stories to flesh out things a bit more and not all the choices were good. But as a finale for series 7 I think it did WONDERFULLY! Throughout most of it my breaths were deep and my whole body was tense. It was marvellous...though there were a few issues.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I don't normally post in this topic, even though I do watch, but I just have to say this after that ending...

WHATWHATWHAT

So we now have not one, not two, but three doctors for the anniversary...Clara's mystery is resolved, but it appears we have an even bigger one now... who is John Hurt's 'Doctor'?

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Hmm, so is this new John Hurt Doctor going to be the Valeyard? All I know about him is that he's supposed to be some evil incarnation of the Doctor that spawns off him somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth personas, but I'm not sure of anything else or even if I got that right. The Valeyard did get a name-check by the Great Intelligence though so I'm guessing thats the intention

7AOYGDJ.jpg

SO CONFUSING.

Is John Hurt a past or future doctor, as the 11nth recognized him in the episode. Or is he the ValeYard? And is Ace Clara?

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I don't normally post in this topic, even though I do watch, but I just have to say this after that ending...

WHATWHATWHAT

So we now have not one, not two, but three doctors for the anniversary...Clara's mystery is resolved, but it appears we have an even bigger one now... who is John Hurt's 'Doctor'?

I'll its the Doctor that was in the Last Great Time War.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

*Flips desk*

*Chainsaws desk into thirds*

*Douses desk in petrol*

*Sets fire to desk*

*Cries*

All I can say is that Moffat has redeemed himself in my eyes slightly. Now he just needs to publicly apologise for his previous statements, and all is okay.

My main problem is his way of motivating all of his female characters through a male and his often misogynistic/queerphobic jokes. Sassy women are okay, but when they're always sassy, always brave, always everything else that his characters always are, I kind of get annoyed. For once, I just need a heroine who is motivated through anything other than love, be it greed, revenge, redemption, anything.

And I really want to be the Doctor but I can't because I'm a teenaged girl with no social skills and a deformity and Asperger's syndrome. Yay.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Okay, I was half right about River... I think this definitely was the last time The Doctor saw her, just not quite in the way I imagined.

"Broke his promise..." Okay, well... The Doctor said that "The Doctor"- the name he chose for himself- was a promise. A promise to do something, be something. A doctor is someone who helps and heals people. That was his promise. So, the one who broke the promise is no longer deserving of the name/title. They stopped being The Doctor. And The Valeyard was namedropped, so... it looks like a possibility.

The Whispermen were not as scary as I was expecting, although the line "I'm sorry... I think I've been murdered" did shake me.

And when the "John Hurt as the Doctor" popped up- something about that got me. Not so much the fact that he's playing The Doctor since I'd already seen rumours, just the way they did it with the text. You don't expect actor titles to just pop up like that at an insanely tense moment, and it was genuinely surprising and very, very effective.

It amuses me somewhat that The Doctor was already an old man (well, not really by Time Lord standards, but his body had grown old) in his first incarnation when he first stole the TARDIS. The scene was well done, too (Was that found footage, or the guy who's playing Hartnell in Mark Gatiss's docu-drama?) Some of the footage edits weren't so well done, but it's a great concept. The Gallifrey version of Clara implies that not all of her incarnations were human, and at least one of them was a Time Lord. Not that it's likely to come up again, but, still- interesting idea.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Just had another thought...

So, the Clara we saw at the end- did she have all the memories of her other selves? Including the Time Lord version? That's really going to change her relationship with The Doctor...

In other news, brace yourselves for thousands of fanmade music videos for Christina Perri's A Thousand Years...

Oh, and remember how I said I didn't find the Whispermen all that scary? My brain decided to rectify the situation last night by inventing Whispercats. So, you're hiding from the Whispermen and you hear something move and, oh, it's okay, it's just a cat and then the thing turns around...

Needless to say, I woke up in the fetal position and was unable to move for several minutes. I have a dysfunctional relationship with my own brain sometimes.

That was beautiful... Bring on November the 23rd is pretty much all I can say!

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:
"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

Oh, and Neelh, I'd say there's still hope. I would, quite frankly, be surprised if we don't see a female Doctor sometime in the next 20 years. In the meantime- I'd highly recommend taking some drama lessons. It will help you cultivate the delightful wackiness required for being the Doctor, and it might even help with the social skills a bit.

Here's how I imagine the two incarnations of the Doctor after Matt Smith: Neelh and Sumiki.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

I've heard people saying it was leaked that he was the real Ninth Doctor, the transition between McGann and Eccleston, and that makes sense because of his attire. The appearance of age may have been due to fighting the war for so long. But what he said about his name, at the end of the episode, makes me think...What if he needed to say his name to activate The Moment? "What I did, I did without choice... in the name of peace and sanity." The war was insanity and chaos incarnate. To stop it, to save the universe, the Doctor was willing to do anything... maybe even give up his biggest secret. And I hypothesize that the activation of The Moment, the Time Locking of the War, caused him to regenerate into Eccleston (not long before Rose - if you remember about Rose, he was still checking himself out during the episode, suggesting he had just regenerated, as he did in both of his next incarnations).

^That is most likely what Moffat plans to do.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I like how NOONE here noticed 10 in TNOTD when Oswin was standing, looking over the city. He was in the corner. Sneaky 10.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Yeah I think so.Someone actually pointed that out on BBC America's official video for it. lol

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Well, decided to watch (old) season 4 and 5(most of it, from Tenth Planet to The Wheel in Space)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Links? I really wanna watch the classics, but I cant. The website I use for watching New Who doesn't have working links for the classics. -.-

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

I'm just using 'that video site we can't name' to view them (when able, otherwise just watching reconstructions.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I use Tube+. Mostly has good links. Doesn't have every episode though. Also, I wonder what would happen if the Doctor was sucked into the time lock instead of the Master?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Shame, I really liked the idea of McGann's Doctor being pushed so far over the edge due to the war being so horrific. His Doctor was so kind and heroic that the very idea of him having to wipe out two species is both disturbing and shows how horrible the Time War really was. I mean, I don't have a huge problem with John Hurt being 8.5, if that is really the case, just y'know.

Some people have speculated that it is McGann's Doctor, but aged thousands of years or whatever, but if that was the case, why didn't they just get Paul McGann in to play him? It would be a bit of a slap in the face to him if they got someone else to play him, even if it is John Hurt. Another factor to disprove this theory is that we do actually see the eighth Doctor briefly in the opening sequence, and Clara would most likely still recognise him, even if he was really old.

Still, I am really, really hyped for the 50th. Tennant coming back, John Hurt in Doctor Who, a runtime longer than the TV Movie, and a three-day celebration (which I shall hopefully attend if the tickets aren't too pricey} to bookend it, it's set to be a world-shaking event.

I use Tube+. Mostly has good links. Doesn't have every episode though. Also, I wonder what would happen if the Doctor was sucked into the time lock instead of the Master?

Same here. :D

Shame, I really liked the idea of McGann's Doctor being pushed so far over the edge due to the war being so horrific. His Doctor was so kind and heroic that the very idea of him having to wipe out two species is both disturbing and shows how horrible the Time War really was. I mean, I don't have a huge problem with John Hurt being 8.5, if that is really the case, just y'know.

Some people have speculated that it is McGann's Doctor, but aged thousands of years or whatever, but if that was the case, why didn't they just get Paul McGann in to play him? It would be a bit of a slap in the face to him if they got someone else to play him, even if it is John Hurt. Another factor to disprove this theory is that we do actually see the eighth Doctor briefly in the opening sequence, and Clara would most likely still recognise him, even if he was really old.

Still, I am really, really hyped for the 50th. Tennant coming back, John Hurt in Doctor Who, a runtime longer than the TV Movie, and a three-day celebration (which I shall hopefully attend if the tickets aren't too pricey} to bookend it, it's set to be a world-shaking event.

Oh, indeedly. I wonder... how big will it be if it hits the hundred-year mark? 2063, the biggest nerd year ever. 100 years of Who, Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight, sounds fun.

The one thing that i really hope does not happen is a reveal of the Doctor's name, no matter what they choose it can never be impressive enough and the fact that we don't know it is one of the great things about the character. I think that the regeneration process is one of the reasons time Lords choose titlesto use instead of their names, being many different could make you feel less attached to a name, but I title is an ideal, something that your character can from around and strive to be. I think the title gives a Time Lord some defining thing that keeps them personally attached to each of their incarnations. I.e the Doctor wants to help people, the Master (generally) wants dominion over things, and power etc, it helps keep them at least a little consistent in a way that a given name couldn't...

Hence why the Doctor is so unhappy/ ashamed of the John Hurt Doctor, I would believe

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:
"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

You know what would be awesome? If the BBC didn't tell us about the next Doctor regeneration and just had it happen, out of the blue, unexpectedly. Imagine the fan reaction as it happened. Everyone would freak out!

Haha, that'll be the day...

-CF

(Anyway, I'm always hoping that Andrew-Lee Potts becomes the 12th Doctor!)

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I just recently got into this show, although I'd seen some before recently. I've now seen most of series 5-7.

A female doctor would be cool, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. :/

You know what would be awesome? If the BBC didn't tell us about the next Doctor regeneration and just had it happen, out of the blue, unexpectedly. Imagine the fan reaction as it happened. Everyone would freak out!

Haha, that'll be the day...

-CF

(Anyway, I'm always hoping that Andrew-Lee Potts becomes the 12th Doctor!)

My uncle actually posted something saying this exact thing on [notoriously unmentionable social network] a little while ago. I agree, it would be great if this happened.

I hate jumping on the bandwagon in COT topics I've never used before. I feel so awkward. ;~;

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

He'd have to appear in at least the first episode of S8. It's unlikely that he regenerates during the 50th since they haven't even cast the new actor yet... unless they do the beginning of the regeneration as the final shot of the 50th or something along those lines. It'd be cool if they had him regenerate sometime during S8, but didn't say exactly when it would be...

EDIT: Actually, you know what? There's another possibility... Eleven dies in The Most Depressing Christmas Special Ever.

Edited by Alyska

According to what I read, he's apparently going to regenerate during the Christmas Special.

This is lovely, as Netflix has yet to give me a single one of the Eleventh Doctor's Christmas Specials. Not a freaking one of them.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Like I said in the blogs, it's a bit sad to see him go, but the writing was on the wall with how much non-Who stuff he's been working on lately.

On the flipside, the rumor mill's saying that Series 8'll be a return to a solid block of 12-13 episodes rather than weirdly split like Series 6 and 7 were, which I'm looking forward to - the scheduling with these split series has been getting messy.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So, yeah, I'm in denial. I refuse to believe that my baby Matt will leave.

he'll stay for me ok

On the flipside, the rumor mill's saying that Series 8'll be a return to a solid block of 12-13 episodes rather than weirdly split like Series 6 and 7 were, which I'm looking forward to - the scheduling with these split series has been getting messy.

Thank the heavens. I don't think I'd be able to survive another mid-series break.