• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1433 replies to this topic

#961 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 03:15 PM

D'you know, I've only just noticed the Cybermen have a new look! I know, I am rather slow.

Meanwhile.... I think I know what the Doctor's name is: Dr. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch! (only joking, it's got to be Who.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's "Who." That way when people say "look it's Doctor Who" or "I'm cosplaying Doctor Who," they would technically be right.

Plus in Hide when the guy asked "Doctor who?" the Doctor replied, "If you prefer."

-CF

I have a feeling it'll be William Hartnell or something. Hey, it would be a nice tribute for William. :3

Also, is it me or does the First Doctor look like the best grandad EVER?

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

#962 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 03:22 PM

That would be nice, but unlikely.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

#963 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's more likely to be Steven Moffat.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#964 Online Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,363 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 06:38 PM

So what's this about John Hurt?

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#965 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,793 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 18 2013 - 10:11 AM

So what's this about John Hurt?

-Tyler

Something from a tabloid.

Honestly, I'm just ignoring any confirmations and denials of people appearing in the 50th anniversary special, considering how many rumors appear, and will squee when watching it for whoever does show up. (And yes, I'll be sad for whoever doesn't.)

Edit: I need to say something before The Name of the Doctor airs:

Spoiler

-CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs, May 18 2013 - 11:19 AM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#966 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 12:56 PM

I am both excited and worried about the episode in a few minutes. His name should not be touched. I really, REALLY hope it's going to be averted somehow. But we will learn something important. Perhaps a family secret, or something about the Time War. I don't know...but I do expect it to be interesting. 

Spoiler

So to conclude:This series overall has been a mixed bag, especially this half. I would have preferred some two-part stories to flesh out things a bit more and not all the choices were good. But as a finale for series 7 I think it did WONDERFULLY! Throughout most of it my breaths were deep and my whole body was tense. It was marvellous...though there were a few issues.

Edited by Makuta Almanax, May 18 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters: 
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics)                         SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth)                        MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)                      

#967 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,186 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 01:46 PM

Oh, what!? So this series is now apparently a three-parter; the next episode's in November!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#968 Offline Pulse Trijhak

Pulse Trijhak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,650 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 02:02 PM

I don't normally post in this topic, even though I do watch, but I just have to say this after that ending...
Spoiler

BIOLOGICAL CHRONICLE: 2015

starring

HERO FACTORY CHARACTERISTICS

and

GALIDOR PIECES

with

TONS OF NEW SERIALS AND REVELATIONS

in an

OVERCOMPLICATED ADVENTURE

#969 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 06:31 PM

Spoiler

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#970 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:44 PM

SO CONFUSING.

Spoiler

Edited by rahkshi guurahk, May 18 2013 - 09:36 PM.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#971 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 02:57 AM

I don't normally post in this topic, even though I do watch, but I just have to say this after that ending...

Spoiler

Spoiler

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

#972 Offline Neelh

Neelh
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,337 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 03:47 AM

*Flips desk*

*Chainsaws desk into thirds*

*Douses desk in petrol*

*Sets fire to desk*

*Cries*

All I can say is that Moffat has redeemed himself in my eyes slightly. Now he just needs to publicly apologise for his previous statements, and all is okay.

My main problem is his way of motivating all of his female characters through a male and his often misogynistic/queerphobic jokes. Sassy women are okay, but when they're always sassy, always brave, always everything else that his characters always are, I kind of get annoyed. For once, I just need a heroine who is motivated through anything other than love, be it greed, revenge, redemption, anything.

And I really want to be the Doctor but I can't because I'm a teenaged girl with no social skills and a deformity and Asperger's syndrome. Yay.

I no longer need Taipu as I have achieved the impossible.

I have girlfriend.

the atlantic was born today

and i'll tell you how

the clouds above opened up

and let it out

#973 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 09:26 AM

Spoiler

#974 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 10:10 AM

Spoiler

*shakes fist*

MOFFAAAATTT

On a different note, I adored the opening sequence and all its editing wonders.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#975 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted May 19 2013 - 06:12 PM

Just had another thought...

Spoiler

Oh, and remember how I said I didn't find the Whispermen all that scary? My brain decided to rectify the situation last night by inventing Whispercats. So, you're hiding from the Whispermen and you hear something move and, oh, it's okay, it's just a cat and then the thing turns around...

Needless to say, I woke up in the fetal position and was unable to move for several minutes. I have a dysfunctional relationship with my own brain sometimes.

#976 Offline Arcalis

Arcalis
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 301 posts
  •  

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:48 PM

That was beautiful... Bring on November the 23rd is pretty much all I can say!

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:

"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

#977 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2013 - 06:01 PM

Oh, and Neelh, I'd say there's still hope. I would, quite frankly, be surprised if we don't see a female Doctor sometime in the next 20 years. In the meantime- I'd highly recommend taking some drama lessons. It will help you cultivate the delightful wackiness required for being the Doctor, and it might even help with the social skills a bit. 

#978 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2013 - 01:21 PM

Here's how I imagine the two incarnations of the Doctor after Matt Smith: Neelh and Sumiki.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#979 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 861 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2013 - 01:31 PM

Spoiler

#980 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2013 - 11:14 AM

^That is most likely what Moffat plans to do.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#981 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2013 - 11:21 AM

I like how NOONE here noticed 10 in TNOTD when Oswin was standing, looking over the city. He was in the corner. Sneaky 10.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#982 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,793 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted May 27 2013 - 11:51 AM

I like how NOONE here noticed 10 in TNOTD when Oswin was standing, looking over the city. He was in the corner. Sneaky 10.

If by "noone" you mean me, then ok.

That was in the Library, no?

-CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs, May 27 2013 - 11:52 AM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#983 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2013 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I think so.Someone actually pointed that out on BBC America's official video for it. lol

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#984 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well, decided to watch (old) season 4 and 5(most of it, from Tenth Planet to The Wheel in Space)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#985 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2013 - 02:23 PM

Links? I really wanna watch the classics, but I cant. The website I use for watching New Who doesn't have working links for the classics. -.-

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#986 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm just using 'that video site we can't name' to view them (when able, otherwise just watching reconstructions.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#987 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 07:26 AM

I use Tube+. Mostly has good links. Doesn't have every episode though. Also, I wonder what would happen if the Doctor was sucked into the time lock instead of the Master?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#988 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 10:43 AM

Spoiler

Still, I am really, really hyped for the 50th. Tennant coming back, John Hurt in Doctor Who, a runtime longer than the TV Movie, and a three-day celebration (which I shall hopefully attend if the tickets aren't too pricey} to bookend it, it's set to be a world-shaking event.

#989 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 861 posts
  •  

Posted May 31 2013 - 04:24 PM

I use Tube+. Mostly has good links. Doesn't have every episode though. Also, I wonder what would happen if the Doctor was sucked into the time lock instead of the Master?

Same here. :D 

Spoiler

Still, I am really, really hyped for the 50th. Tennant coming back, John Hurt in Doctor Who, a runtime longer than the TV Movie, and a three-day celebration (which I shall hopefully attend if the tickets aren't too pricey} to bookend it, it's set to be a world-shaking event.

Oh, indeedly. I wonder... how big will it be if it hits the hundred-year mark? 2063, the biggest nerd year ever. 100 years of Who, Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight, sounds fun.

#990 Offline Arcalis

Arcalis
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 301 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 07:11 AM

The one thing that i really hope does not happen is a reveal of the Doctor's name, no matter what they choose it can never be impressive enough and the fact that we don't know it is one of the great things about the character. I think that the regeneration process is one of the reasons time Lords choose titlesto use instead of their names, being many different could make you feel less attached to a name, but I title is an ideal, something that your character can from around and strive to be. I think the title gives a Time Lord some defining thing that keeps them personally attached to each of their incarnations. I.e the Doctor wants to help people, the Master (generally) wants dominion over things, and power etc, it helps keep them at least a little consistent in a way that a given name couldn't...

Spoiler

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:

"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

#991 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,793 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 05:01 PM

You know what would be awesome? If the BBC didn't tell us about the next Doctor regeneration and just had it happen, out of the blue, unexpectedly. Imagine the fan reaction as it happened. Everyone would freak out!

Haha, that'll be the day...

-CF

(Anyway, I'm always hoping that Andrew-Lee Potts becomes the 12th Doctor!)

Edited by ChocolateFrogs, Jun 01 2013 - 05:02 PM.

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#992 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm hoping that if/when we ever get a female Doctor, they'll pull a switcheroo by letting us think the actress is playing a new companion- that would be a great twist, too.

#993 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,061 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 06:44 PM

I just recently got into this show, although I'd seen some before recently. I've now seen most of series 5-7.

A female doctor would be cool, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. :/

You know what would be awesome? If the BBC didn't tell us about the next Doctor regeneration and just had it happen, out of the blue, unexpectedly. Imagine the fan reaction as it happened. Everyone would freak out!

Haha, that'll be the day...

-CF

(Anyway, I'm always hoping that Andrew-Lee Potts becomes the 12th Doctor!)

My uncle actually posted something saying this exact thing on [notoriously unmentionable social network] a little while ago. I agree, it would be great if this happened.

I hate jumping on the bandwagon in COT topics I've never used before. I feel so awkward. ;~;

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#994 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,581 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 08:12 PM

so BBC just announced that Matt Smith won't be back for series eight.

that's a bit disappointing.

[ my blog ] + [ my profile ] + [ contact ] + [ last.fm ] 

lovely topics you should consider posting in:

[ official music topic ] + [ official music collection topic ] + [ official metal topic ]

#995 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,793 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 09:18 PM

Isn't it! I was hoping he'd have a longer run than Tennant.

-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

#996 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 10:34 PM

He'd have to appear in at least the first episode of S8. It's unlikely that he regenerates during the 50th since they haven't even cast the new actor yet... unless they do the beginning of the regeneration as the final shot of the 50th or something along those lines. It'd be cool if they had him regenerate sometime during S8, but didn't say exactly when it would be...

EDIT: Actually, you know what? There's another possibility... Eleven dies in The Most Depressing Christmas Special Ever.

Edited by Alyska, Jun 01 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#997 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 11:42 PM

According to what I read, he's apparently going to regenerate during the Christmas Special.

This is lovely, as Netflix has yet to give me a single one of the Eleventh Doctor's Christmas Specials. Not a freaking one of them.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#998 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 1,023 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 02 2013 - 12:00 AM

Like I said in the blogs, it's a bit sad to see him go, but the writing was on the wall with how much non-Who stuff he's been working on lately. 

On the flipside, the rumor mill's saying that Series 8'll be a return to a solid block of 12-13 episodes rather than weirdly split like Series 6 and 7 were, which I'm looking forward to - the scheduling with these split series has been getting messy.

#999 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,186 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 02 2013 - 05:56 AM

Well that's no good! I mean, only two more Doctors can come and go, can't they? Didn't he have 13 lives?

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1000 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 02 2013 - 07:26 AM

So, yeah, I'm in denial. I refuse to believe that my baby Matt will leave.

he'll stay for me ok

On the flipside, the rumor mill's saying that Series 8'll be a return to a solid block of 12-13 episodes rather than weirdly split like Series 6 and 7 were, which I'm looking forward to - the scheduling with these split series has been getting messy.

Thank the heavens. I don't think I'd be able to survive another mid-series break.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users