Doctor Who. Official!

I'm getting a Halloween costume ready for a party next week. So, I just went up to Dad with the Steampunk Goggles and a gas mask, and asked him, "Are you my Mummy?" Completely spur of the moment.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I'm thinking for Halloween I might go as The Fourth Doctor. I knitted the scarf this summer!(Actually, I'll really be going as Indiana Jones. But it's nice to know I have backup options in case I have multiple Halloween parties to go to (unlikely).) Best of all is going to be wearing that scarf around campus from class to class this winter. -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Apparently it's been announced that Moffat's only giving us half of 2012's series, and showing the rest in 2013. ... WHAT!? Doesn't he think I pay my licence fee for a reason? :upset:

He needs some excuse for writing half the episodes he's supposed to. =P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Apparently it's been announced that Moffat's only giving us half of 2012's series, and showing the rest in 2013....WHAT!? Doesn't he think I pay my licence fee for a reason? :upset:

He needs some excuse for writing half the episodes he's supposed to. =P
To quote myself:

Apparently it's been announced that Moffat's only giving us half of 2012's series, and showing the rest in 2013....WHAT!? Doesn't he think I pay my licence fee for a reason? :upset:

Moffat moved Doctor Who to a fall show because people prefer to be outside doing stuff with their families at 6 PM on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the spring/summer, not inside watching TV. It's a business move and a smart one from such a visionary producer.
C'mon, guys, let's be reasonable, especially when we can't control things. Yes, it's a little ambiguous as to whether or not we're getting a full season, but if they're pushing it back to the fall and will keep it like that, I think we're more likely to get a full season both 2012 and 2013 (unless they decide to make the 50th anniversary just a few specials). Nothing we can predict or control though. -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I remember I watched The Impossible Astronaut with my parents. My mom is a Whovian, but my dad has an uncanny ability only to watch episodes which are extremely continuity-heavy. The man came in halfway through "Journey's End", for crying out loud. Suffice to say there was some explaining to be done.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

So my family watched The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon last night, and once my family had gone to bed, I snuck into my sister's room while she was sleeping and wrote tally marks all over her arms while she was sleeping. :PSev

Hahaha! Awesome and terrible. -CF
It was terrible, not awesome! :P I wonder what other stuff he does to me while i'm sleeping...Humm... ;)RCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

So my family watched The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon last night, and once my family had gone to bed, I snuck into my sister's room while she was sleeping and wrote tally marks all over her arms while she was sleeping. :PSev

Mostly Awesome :DI also thought it would be awesome to (somehow) get a Weeping Angel statue, and have someone watch The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone, then put it in their room while sleeping :PSev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

Who else thinks that the Doctor's next companion will be a sweet innocent girl, and when his choices lead to her entire family being killed, and her being abandoned in the 51st Century...only to team up with an army of Aliens and form a religious order known as the Silence. Seriously, I want to know so much more about Kovarian. She's easily the best and most fearsome replacement for the Master.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Mostly Awesome :biggrin:I also thought it would be awesome to (somehow) get a Weeping Angel statue, and have someone watch The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone, then put it in their room while sleeping :PSev
You need to fix your sentence there. Don't you mean have them watch Blink?:P (IDK if you've seen it. It's the Angels' introduction and completely scary. Much better. When I was showing my family Doctor Who (they started with Series 6 because it was on, so I started them with Series 5 to give them the full story) I showed them Blink so they could be properly scared and scarred before seeing The Time of Angels.)But yes, I'd love to get an angel statue and freak out my Whovian friends.

Who else thinks that the Doctor's next companion will be a sweet innocent girl, and when his choices lead to her entire family being killed, and her being abandoned in the 51st Century...only to team up with an army of Aliens and form a religious order known as the Silence. Seriously, I want to know so much more about Kovarian. She's easily the best and most fearsome replacement for the Master.

I would love to see him pick up an humanoid alien girl (or a human from another time period than present-day earth), but then I kept reading your post...That would be a fantastic twist! I can only wonder though what would happen when The Doctor realizes who she really is. -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Mostly Awesome :biggrin:I also thought it would be awesome to (somehow) get a Weeping Angel statue, and have someone watch The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone, then put it in their room while sleeping :PSev
You need to fix your sentence there. Don't you mean have them watch Blink? :P (IDK if you've seen it. It's the Angels' introduction and completely scary. Much better. When I was showing my family Doctor Who (they started with Series 6 because it was on, so I started them with Series 5 to give them the full story) I showed them Blink so they could be properly scared and scarred before seeing The Time of Angels.)But yes, I'd love to get an angel statue and freak out my Whovian friends. -CF
I have not seen that episode. I've seen all of Series 5, and most of Series 6 and that's it. Which series is it in?Sev

dw_s6_keyart.jpg

Blink is Season 3, an utterly brilliant series with so many great episodes. Series 4 is also brilliant (Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead being River Song's introduction), but the finale was rather odd.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Just finished watching the Black Guardian Trilogy from the Fifth Doctor era. Mawdryn Undead was very interesting; I love the complex amount of timey-wimey-ness the serial contains (even if does mainly set up a Deus Ex Machina, at least they foreshadowed it). That sort of thing hardly ever showed up in the classic series, actually. Nice to see Moffat making heavy use of it now. Terminus was okay, if a bit tedious at times. (Oh, and LOL @the ridiculous Halloweenish costumes that half the characters wear.) Lovely departure for Nyssa, though. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's the last classic TV story in where no one dies... meaning that The Doctor Dances was the first story of that type in twenty-two years. (Makes that "Everybody lives!" scene much more poignant, doesn't it?) Enlightenment was more of a head trip, all philosophical and such, and the concept of the Eternals really strains my brain. That serial really did serve as a great development of Turlough's character, though, and we finally get to see how unexpectedly clever he is. Shame he hardly did anything after that trilogy, though. :P What really intrigues me is this question: what are the White and Black Guardians? I know that they are supposed to be personifications of good and evil, order and chaos, light and darkness, etc., but... what... ARE they? D: EDIT: Also, the rotating pic in my sig is uncannily intelligent. It switched to Davison's face when I posted this. o_O

Edited by Lhikevikk Returns!
bug_animated.gif

Series 1 is by far the greatest of the revived years. Eccleston brought something that 10 and 11 have yet to bring (11's had shades of it, at least).

Concurred. I love Tennant and Smith, but Eccleston really shined in the role. I personally thought he had better chemistry with Piper and Barrowman as well.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I love Dr. Who, but the newer seasons are really disappointing to me.

I love talking about Doctor Who, but the kind of comments that don't back themselves up with reasons are really disappointing to me.(There's no room for discussion. If someone doesn't agree, flame breaks out. Having a few points to back up one's argument at least show some thought and justification.) -CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

dude that is so cool
Why does everyone think this is so cool? Haha it WAS NOT!! :PRCF

doctor-who_season-7_doctor-matt-smith_clara-oswin-jenna-louise-coleman1.jpg?w=346&h=230

Well, Eccleston had some trouble with the BBC, and neither party wants to talk about it. He's very adamant about not returning to the role, too, so don't expect to see him again if they decide to do any multi-Doctor episodes.

Yeah, he was afraid of being type-cast, so only wanted the one season (or less, even) to help kick-off reviving DW. I haven't heard about any other troubles, but I wouldn't be surprised if something else is holding him back from coming back for the 50th anniversary. -CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I've heard that he didn't like the environment (not a fan of the show from his youth), and was overworked, or something. Granted, I think the overworked comment was a mis-attributed one from the rumors.

eccleston_not_enough_credit.jpgFrom the internet.Seems relevant recently. -CF

I think I love you for finding that.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I started watching from the Ninth Doctor onwards, and I've currently just finished with seeing Davros bite the dust on the Crucible. The classic series isn't presently available to me, unfortunately, though I am, regardless, rather partial to the Fourth Doctor. As far as favorites go, well, at this point I really only have two Doctors to choose from, and they've both got their specific merits. Eccleston was very good, even if his run as the Doctor was a bit brief. So far, I'm rather fond of Tennant, partly because his speeches as the Doctor are absolutely brilliant. I'm hoping to get to the Eleventh Doctor before the end of the month, and knowing the rate at which I watch Doctor Who, I'll almost certainly succeed. Once I've watched everything that's out so far for Doctor Who, I'll switch over to Torchwood and get caught up on that.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Looks like the series 6 soundtrack is slated for early December, and has 2 discs. Excellent, some of the cues this season were really good.