Doctor Who. Official!

Right when the whole "good Dalek" bit came about in the episode, I just thought "That must be the Clara-Dalek from Asylum of the Daleks!" But I was wrong. It would have been interesting if Clara came into contact with one of her fractured selves. Maybe that's how Moffat'll get rid of her in the Christmas special!

The whole time I was thinking they were gonna try and turn the Dalek good by telling it of Dalek Caan and Dalek Clara, Daleks capable of morality.

The ending was so silly- A heavy golden arrow being able to fly that far? Clara, with no archery experience, being able to fire it? Sticking a bit of gold on the ship's exterior being able to power it? But it fitted with the deliberately cheesy, campy tone of the episode, and I like how they send it up at every possible moment- e.g. the Doctor's objecting to the incessant laughter, the archery oneupmanship, etc

I found the Doctor's disbelief at Robin's existence a little odd- it's not the same as meeting Sherlock Holmes or Harry Potter, whose creation can be traced back to one writer who explicitly created them as fiction, whereas Robin is a legend of folklore, stories told and retold by many people that could have had some basis in fact- and the Doctor has apparently met King Arthur as well, who should be in the same boat.

But I like the overall tone of the episode, especially the Doctor/Robin dynamic. The sass- so much sass.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Next episode looks exciting

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The trailer for next week looks really good. Some of the stuff in the trailer's voiceover sounded a lot like what was used in Series 5 episode 1, with Prisoner Zero. I don't think that Zero or other members of his species will be in the next one though, as apparently the Doctor's going to the end of the universe, and the hand reaching out from under the bed was definitely human.

I predict that I'm going to have a nightmare next Saturday. :lol-sign: 

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

which was cut due to being too similar to recent events in Britain

technically they were events in the Syro-Arabian desert.

maybe a Missy scene was attached to that?

That would suck. If it was I hope the scene leaks somewhere (unless the preair version of that episode was leaked and had the clip?)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

But remember, he didn't die for the Doctor. The soldier from Into the Dalek attracted the antibodies so that the Doctor could do something (I've forgotten what), and the robot in Deep Breath presumably jumped to save the Doctor from having to push it/him. 

Ah! That makes sense!

So, about Into the Dalek:

Did the Dalek die at the end of Into the Dalek? If he did, and he did for the Doctor and the Universe (and to avoid the Daleks), I think it would have been really neat to see him show up in Paradise as well. Not as a Dalek, but as a humanoid Kaled.

-CF

Edited by ChocolateFrogs

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I think it would have been really neat to see him show up in Paradise as well. Not as a Dalek, but as a humanoid Kaled.

oh yes

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I like that Clara has finally been getting some character development these last few episodes, but it seems to be coming at the expense of developing the new Doctor more; it almost seems as if the focus of the show has switched to Clara. Hopefully Capaldi will get more of a chance to shine soon.

But remember, he didn't die for the Doctor. The soldier from Into the Dalek attracted the antibodies so that the Doctor could do something (I've forgotten what), and the robot in Deep Breath presumably jumped to save the Doctor from having to push it/him. 

Ah! That makes sense!

Did the Dalek die at the end of Into the Dalek? If he did, and he did for the Doctor and the Universe (and to avoid the Daleks), I think it would have been really neat to see him show up in Paradise as well. Not as a Dalek, but as a humanoid Kaled.

-CF

We don't know if Rusty died, but there's a scene in an earlier draft where it self-destructs and takes out most of the Daleks with it.

Actually, I was referring to something else, but, yeah, that too.

As for new ep details... you know, being grabbed by the ankles in the dark like that seems to be such a common irrational fear, I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to get to it. Creepy stuff. (Wonder how many bed-related long jump injuries this episode will cause? :P)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I just hope next episode doesn't turn out like Hide.

Yeah, Hide was immensely disappointing. Setting us up for something creepy and cool, and then... that?

Anyway, I thought the Robin Hood episode was surprisingly good. Cheesy, but to the extent that you expect it enough for it not to be bad. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Ah! That makes sense!

-CF

YES. Do this Moffat!!!!!

Also that made me think of Dalek Sec.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Episode 4 is great, trust me. One of my recent favourites for sure. Seriously freaking awesome.

=)

Scary? As scary as watching Blink under your covers in the middle of the night, with no-one else in your house awake, and a small Weeping Angel toy in your room?

When my friend told me that he did that, I just said:

"Are you crazy?!"

VBWj75sh.png

Listen is my new favourite episode.

That barn though

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Episode 4 is great, trust me. One of my recent favourites for sure. Seriously freaking awesome.

=)

Scary? As scary as watching Blink under your covers in the middle of the night, with no-one else in your house awake, and a small Weeping Angel toy in your room?

When my friend told me that he did that, I just said:

"Are you crazy?!"

This episode won't make you want to hide under the covers anymore. :P

Man, what a great episode. BUT WHAT WAS UNDER THE COVERS?!?!?!

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Ohhh my gosh that was so spooky. AND THAT ENDING. I totally called it, who the crying child was, but I did not in any way anticipate how far they were gonna go with that ._. I thought the episode was pretty scary, even since I was little I was terrified of things going wrong with time travel, I was mostly afraid that she was gonna mess up Danny's life or something. I really enjoyed that episode c:

I thought Hide was pretty scary, but that's cause I was watching it on a stormy day in a small cramped room with a bunch of my friends with the lights out :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Bit late but thought I'd point out that there was an incident here in the UK where a man went completely nuts, started wandering around with a machete and eventually murdered an old woman by decapitation. I think Alyska is referring to this more than the terrorist actions in Syria, though I imagine both were on the Doctor Who editors' minds.

But back on topic, totally loved listen. Especially that scene in the bedroom of Pink the Younger, very reminiscent of the short ghost story Oh Whistle and I'll Come, My Lad. Heck, the whole episode had much the same tone and themes as that story, very spine-tingling

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Okay, Listen is easily the best episode so far this season. I love it when DW gets creepy.

One thing I had a problem with was the ending though. It felt really half-baked and shoehorned in. How did that even work anyway? Clara grabs the leg of (presumably) a young Doctor and that somehow makes it so that that dream is universal in humans? What? And how does that explain what the thing in Rupert Pink's room was? Or what was knocking on the ship's hull at the end of time? I really think it would have been a better episode if they had just gone the straightforward route of it actually being a monster.

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Okay, Listen is easily the best episode so far this season. I love it when DW gets creepy.

One thing I had a problem with was the ending though. It felt really half-baked and shoehorned in. How did that even work anyway? Clara grabs the leg of (presumably) a young Doctor and that somehow makes it so that that dream is universal in humans? What? And how does that explain what the thing in Rupert Pink's room was? Or what was knocking on the ship's hull at the end of time? I really think it would have been a better episode if they had just gone the straightforward route of it actually being a monster.

Nooo no no no, I don't think they were trying to imply that Clara was the start of that phenomenon or whatever, just a creepy parallel and something to think about, and possibly to show why the Doctor was so obsessed with these theoretical perfect hiders. I do agree about the cop out about it being so unclear though; basically every episode this season has this running theme of an ambiguous ending, and while it's really neat and mysterious, it's definitely happening too much. "Did he push him or did he fall?" "Is the Doctor really a good man or what?" "Was Robin Hood real or just a story after all? (okay that one I feel was more clear than the rest, but you still have to figure out what was real and what wasn't with everyone else involved)" and now "Do those creatures exist or what?" I really hope they get around to answering at least a little bit of that by the end of the season; Eleven has a LOT of open ended episodes that randomly got tied up later so Im cautiously optimistic. In regards to Listen, I'm like convinced those creatures are real and very spooky.

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

According to my friends, at one point in Listen, you can actually see the creature from Rupert's bedroom for a second. Apparently, it's grey with yellow eyes or something. #THELISTENERSAREREAL I'm just going to call them the Listeners. What else could you call them?

Tardis Wiki just calls it a "Figure". http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Figure_(Listen)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Apparently a few of the upcoming episodes are so scary that when the first of that bunch airs Doctor Who is gonna have a later time slot on the british channels. I'm so excited, I love a good spook :D I actually started scaring myself last night because of noises and shadows when I was in bed, Listen is starting to get to me :P

• 2 weeks later...

I laughed a lot during Caretaker, it was very funny. And that opening scene was great! They've all been pretty great this season. I'm excited for the next episode, apparently it's gonna be super scary in the first half and then some serious business is gonna go down in the second. I think they said whatever happens will change the show forever o: Very exciting

Right when the whole "good Dalek" bit came about in the episode, I just thought "That must be the Clara-Dalek from Asylum of the Daleks!" But I was wrong. It would have been interesting if Clara came into contact with one of her fractured selves. Maybe that's how Moffat'll get rid of her in the Christmas special!

The whole time I was thinking they were gonna try and turn the Dalek good by telling it of Dalek Caan and Dalek Clara, Daleks capable of morality.

What about Dalek Sec?