• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1555 replies to this topic

#1521 Offline Munty

Munty
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 06-February 12
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2014 - 11:18 AM

Timelines can change, and surely everything that Missy did over this season wasn't part of Danny's timeline beforehand.

Did they retcon this with the revival series? As I'm pretty sure it's always held true that you can't change time. I know there are 'fied points' in time mentioned in the revival but certainly the classic episodes I've seen so far suggest that even when they think they're changing history there's actually no way to know that they aren't doing eactly what was required of them to maintain history. In fact in one episode it's shown that the Doctor is responsible for giving Nero the idea to burn down Rome so I'd suggest history is already written. Think of how River and the Doctor kept crossing paths out of order. Time is constant, unchangeable, we just all see it in different orders as far as DW is concerned...

Except for the fact that without the Doctor, most likely Clara and Danny wouldn't have met, and Missy caused the Doctor and Clara to meet, which means that Missy's meddling had already affected Clara and Danny's timelines.

Clara was already a teacher and Danny would have started working at the same school without the Doctor. In fact it's HIM who would never have met Danny if not for already having met Clara. Not the other way around... 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here! 

> > > http://www.bricklink...ore.asp?p=Munty < < <

Or my current fundraiser right here!

> > > http://www.bzpower.c...-lots-for-sale/ < < <

Looking to buy kraata and RARE krana

#1522 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,196 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2014 - 11:30 AM

Spoiler

Exactly! Exactly my thoughts! This was one of the worst series of Who history, and believe me, there have been some doozies!

Edited by CHTrilogy, Nov 09 2014 - 11:32 AM.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1523 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2014 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Smooth Jazz, Nov 09 2014 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#1524 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm pretty sure Clara's gonna be pregnant with Danny's baby in the Christmas episode, which will lead into Orson.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

#1525 Offline Renewal

Renewal
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 26-October 03
  • 551 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2014 - 07:56 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Renewal, Nov 09 2014 - 07:56 PM.

~ Renewal ~

#1526 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 01-June 04
  • 3,196 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2014 - 05:07 PM

Did I mention that I REALLY, REALLY HATE MUPPAT????

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1527 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yes you've mentioned your disdain for Moffat quite a few times.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

#1528 Offline Dalek CAAN

Dalek CAAN
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-September 14
  • 58 posts

Posted Nov 14 2014 - 06:31 PM

HELLO HUMANS AND NON HUMANS.

I AM DALEK CAAN, (Before I went crazy, died, etc. :P )

YOU MAY ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS. 

IF I DO NOT LIKE THEM, THEN YOU'LL BE EXTERMINATED.

IF YOU ARE A COMPANION TO THE DOCTOR THEN YOU'LL BE EXTERMINATED.

IF YOU ARE THE DOCTOR HIMSELF THEN YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

EXTERMINATE!

EXTERMINATE!

15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

#1529 Offline John Smith

John Smith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 28-December 11
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2014 - 06:57 PM

Oh, not you again. Look, why don't you just drop the whole "EXTERMINATE!" thing for a minute, and answer one question: WHY WON"T YOU BLOODY DALEKS EVER GO AWAY??

;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

#1530 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2014 - 07:15 PM

There's a rumour, not sure of the validity of it however, that Daleks have to appear at least once a series for the BBC to keep the license to them so they can keep using them. For the BBC, they generally seem to think Daleks bring in audiences, because unlike most new monsters of the week they're recognisable and iconic.

Let's rate Dalek stories if we're talking about Daleks. Classic and New. If you haven't watched it yet, go and watch Genesis of the Daleks now.

Call me Pulse, or Trijhak, doesn't matter if I happen to be cheddar or cat. 

#1531 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 14 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'm not certain it's exactly "once per series", but I'm pretty sure there's some stipulation between the BBC and Terry Nation's estate saying they have to pop up in the show fairly often for the BBC to keep the license. Which is why we get things like Adelaide Brooke seeing a Dalek as a child in "The Waters of Mars" and The Doctor finding that one half-defeated Dalek in "The Wedding of River Song"; not really any reason for them to be there, but it ticks the box.

Honestly, I've never been a tremendous fan of the Daleks - I don't dislike them, but they're also rarely the thing that draws me to an episode. That said I feel like I owe "Dalek" a rewatch, since it seems like everyone puts that as their favorite new Dalek story.

Edited by GSR, Nov 14 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#1532 Offline Munty

Munty
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 06-February 12
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2014 - 07:23 AM

I think whether it's required or not, the daleks HAVE popped up every season since their inception haven't they? Although that's probably because Terry Nation was writing all of them in the early days. Terry Nation is the best thing to come out of classic who so far by the way. I'm only 3 seasons in though so I have no idea how long he stays on the team!

#1533 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2014 - 11:58 AM

Actually, no. It's only in New Who that Daleks have been popping up every year. After Evil of the Daleks, Dalek stories are a bit more sparse. Heck, the 5th/6th/7th Doctors each had only one Dalek-centric story. A lot of the better dalek stories are the later ones, IMO. Later being Genesis and anything after it, because there were quite a lot of Dalek stories before Genesis.

But they're beginning to have the same problem with Cybermen now, too. At least since series 6.

#1534 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 01-June 04
  • 3,196 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2014 - 01:19 PM

They should just rent them out every so often.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1535 Offline Dalek CAAN

Dalek CAAN
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-September 14
  • 58 posts

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 04:58 PM

Oh, not you again. Look, why don't you just drop the whole "EXTERMINATE!" thing for a minute, and answer one question: WHY WON"T YOU BLOODY DALEKS EVER GO AWAY??

;)

IT IS THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EX-TERM-I-NATE!

*shoots lazer at you but I hit your fez instead blowing your fez up  :bah-sign: *

;)

EXTERMINATE!

Edited by Dalek CAAN, Nov 16 2014 - 04:59 PM.

EXTERMINATE!

#1536 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 07:09 PM

I also read that they have to use them at least once every season or they can't use them at all. Don't really care, their episodes are usually enjoyable. None will ever beat Genesis of the Daleks, though (well, maybe Into the Dalek).

#1537 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-July 07
  • 2,886 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 07:17 PM

I only made it an episode and half into Remembrance of the Daleks but that one seemed to be really good; also I may be a naysayer but I really liked Victory of the Daleks, the fanfare and light show when the Crayola Daleks come out gets me really excited, and I really enjoyed the episode and not knowing what was really up with their heel face turn in the first half :)

What was everyone's absolute worst Dalek episode? Is it the Manhattan one with the half-human hybrids because I feel like it should be agreed that that's the worst one by far :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1538 Offline Dalek CAAN

Dalek CAAN
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-September 14
  • 58 posts

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 08:34 PM

What was everyone's absolute worst Dalek episode? Is it the Manhattan one with the half-human hybrids because I feel like it should be agreed that that's the worst one by far :P

I could've done without that episode but at least I appeared in it! :P

I can't really think about a Dalek episode I don't like... If I had to pick one then I would pick the one with the Ninth Doctor, it just hit me in the feels too much. :P

EXTERMINATE!

EDIT: Too much :P 's!

Edited by Dalek CAAN, Nov 16 2014 - 08:34 PM.

EXTERMINATE!

#1539 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 08:36 PM

I only made it an episode and half into Remembrance of the Daleks but that one seemed to be really good; also I may be a naysayer but I really liked Victory of the Daleks, the fanfare and light show when the Crayola Daleks come out gets me really excited, and I really enjoyed the episode and not knowing what was really up with their heel face turn in the first half :)

I actually liked the Manhattan one. For me, it would probably be Into The Dalek. Not terrible, but rather bland overall. 

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

#1540 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-July 07
  • 2,886 posts

Posted Nov 16 2014 - 08:43 PM

I actually liked the Manhattan one. For me, it would probably be Into The Dalek. Not terrible, but rather bland overall. 

I've only watched it once, so I think I might go back and rewatch it today; I've been missing Ten and Martha, so I'll give it a go. I just remember it just being kinda ridiculous and not all that great, but maybe I was only half paying attention or something.

I've seen Into the Dalek many times and I really like it, but it does drag in the middle, I feel. The music in the beginning during the spaceship chase is amazing though, probably one of my favorite moments from the whole season :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1541 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2014 - 10:36 AM

Honestly, I thought Into the Dalek was the best Dalek story since... Dalek, in 2005. Unlike many other Dalek episodes, the Daleks actually managed to kill a few people and we saw the inner workings of a Dalek. Much better that it acted out of hatred of the Daleks, influenced by the Doctor's own hatred. Hatred is what makes a Dalek. Interesting take on the Daleks, much more so than Victory/Evolution/Journey, the first two practically being rehashes of Troughton's two Dalek stories and SE/JE being a generic 'OH NO DALEK DESTROY UNIVERSE WITH DAVROS'.

Cybermen could do with a fresh take, too. Focus more on the human aspects, get an uncanny valley feeling as opposed to walking emotionless robots. Try emulating early 60s Cybermen as opposed to late 60s and beyond. Have an episode about the creation of the Cybermen, maybe, like Genesis was for the Daleks? Cybermen could use a re-invention as they currently are. Heck, that practically need to be re-invented. If not that, then try an episode with a lone Cyberman stalking the streets of a major city or something. Make a lone cyberman be a huge threat. Have the death toll high but not ridiculously so, and not ridiculously low either. Exaggerate the human parts of it that make it act, emphasize the uncanny valley! Make it recognisable at first sight that it used to be human. Perhaps allow it to start converting people, like someone who was a bit over-enthusiastic at the prospect of cybernetics. Those people? None the wiser as they receive more and more cybernetic implants, losing more and more humanity. Emphasize that. Show the changes slowly. 

It's kind of frustrating that in pretty much of all new who (and arguably in the latter half of old who) Cybermen have been misused.

#1542 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 25-April 14
  • 628 posts

Posted Nov 17 2014 - 11:15 AM

Also, the Cybermen appear to just be expies of the Iron Legion now, with the lights on their chests and the boosters in their feet...

Kanohi_Poster.gif

#BIONICLEChristmas

Note to all Outsider players: If your character needs healing by Ayar, could you PM me with a detailed list of their injuries please?

BZPRPG Profiles: Kouyran (Scholar), Haarnak, Ayar, Khil'rayu, Kajak

#1543 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-July 07
  • 2,886 posts

Posted Nov 18 2014 - 08:55 PM

Would love to see Cybermen that echo the originals, focusing on the human aspect and maybe having people actually volunteering for the conversion rather than being converted against their will. Spooky stuff.

#1544 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 01:05 PM

There's a rumour, not sure of the validity of it however, that Daleks have to appear at least once a series for the BBC to keep the license to them so they can keep using them. For the BBC, they generally seem to think Daleks bring in audiences, because unlike most new monsters of the week they're recognisable and iconic.

Let's rate Dalek stories if we're talking about Daleks. Classic and New. If you haven't watched it yet, go and watch Genesis of the Daleks now.

I just realized, wasn't Series 6 Dalek-free?

Posted Image

Winner of BBCC 68!

#1545 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 01:28 PM

Was it series 5 or 6 that had the Big Bang 2?

2qt8uwy.jpg

Here's a webcomic you might want to check out.

Like a cross between X-men and ghostbusters.

Except everyone is 12.

I played Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. PM me if you do as well!

#1546 Offline John Smith

John Smith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 28-December 11
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 03:25 PM

I just realized, wasn't Series 6 Dalek-free?

They showed a broken one In The Wedding of River Song. It was really just a cameo, but it still counts.

Was it series 5 or 6 that had the Big Bang 2?

The Big Bang was series 5, not sure what you mean by "Big Bang 2"?

#1547 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 03:57 PM

The two episodes involving the Pandorica and the universe being revived. I used the Chameleon Circuit title for some reason or another.

2qt8uwy.jpg

Except everyone is 12.

#1548 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 29-August 12
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 04:03 PM

[death in heaven spoilers sorta]

Spoiler

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

#1549 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 04:43 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

2qt8uwy.jpg

Except everyone is 12.

#1550 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 05:01 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

You're... two years too late, mate.

#1551 Offline Doorman

Doorman
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-October 11
  • 663 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 05:37 PM

I mean, in future series. Is there gonna be a 100th anniversary, and the daleks have resurrected all of the Doctor's former companions to form an army he couldn't kill without a lot of conflict.

Still a better idea than Series 8

2qt8uwy.jpg

Except everyone is 12.

#1552 Offline John Smith

John Smith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 28-December 11
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 21 2014 - 09:38 PM

The two episodes involving the Pandorica and the universe being revived. I used the Chameleon Circuit title for some reason or another.

Oh. Yeah, that was series 5. One of the episodes is actually named "The Big Bang," hence my confusion.

#1553 Offline Dallior08

Dallior08
  • Members
  • Toa

• 25-September 14
  • 160 posts

Posted Dec 02 2014 - 01:22 PM

Does anyone here like the new Doctor? The new Capaldi doctor is pretty dang awesome, it's just the last few episodes that stink. Am i Right?

Read http://www.bzpower.c...f-hero-factory/

BZPRPG Profiles:  :Sanguivox:  :Kigta:

Credit to the Chimoru Six Shades sprite pack for the awesome sprite of my self-MOC!

THIS SIGNATURE IS PROOF THAT I STINK AT html

#1554 Offline Munty

Munty
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 06-February 12
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2014 - 01:36 PM

Does anyone here like the new Doctor? The new Capaldi doctor is pretty dang awesome, it's just the last few episodes that stink. Am i Right?

Agreed, Capaldi's Doctor is very different but his acting sells the new personality perfectly, even while he's battling ridiculous moon-creatures and worldwide insta-forests...

The writing on the other hand has been utterly shambolic this season. Would've rather seen no Doctor Who than the shambles we got this year! (please don't point out the fact that I don't have to watch it, you know that's not what I mean  <_< )

Edited by Munty, Dec 02 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#1555 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 380 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2014 - 02:03 PM

I thought series 8 has been the best written series since 5, certain episodes excluded.

#1556 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-July 07
  • 2,886 posts

Posted Dec 03 2014 - 03:04 AM

Capaldi is amazing, I love Twelve. He's a perfect Doctor, and Capaldi as a human being is just a blessing upon our Earth. I'm really excited for the next series cause I wanna see him develop more; I feel like series 8 was wasted on the whole "am I a good man" thing. I think we'd know him better if it wasn't while he was completely self aware of his actions and attitudes and trying to figure it out along with the audience, it always felt a bit tense and forced and unsure. I wanna see him really come into his own and be himself. His greatest moments so far have been when he just quits and let's himself go and do his thing, like his "I tried to be reasonable but y'all are just monsters I'm done with you" speech in Flatline, and the "just an idiot with a box" revelation in Death in Heaven. He was very alive in those scenes. I wanna see more of that confident Doctor who isn't reflecting on everything as he's doing it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users